What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Oregon senior RB Royce Freeman ran for 81 yards and a score on 15 carries in a 37-35 loss to Arizona State on Saturday.

He also caught three passes for 19 yards. It's weird to say that Freeman (6'0/229) "struggled" in a game where he ran for 5.5 yards a carry, but compared to the massive efforts he had before, you could argue that he did. His long gain on the day was a 20-yard run, and for the most part, the Sun Devils eliminated the big play from the talented tailback. His touchdown was a 12-yard run to pull the Ducks within three at 17-14 with just over thirty seconds left in the first half. Expect Freeman to get back to meeting his lofty standards next week when Oregon faces Cal on Saturday.

ECU redshirt senior WR Davon Grayson caught 11 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns in Sunday's 41-38 win over UConn.

The Huskies possess one of the worst secondaries in the country and Grayson readily took advantage. The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder's highlight grab came on a 75-yard touchdown catch in the opening minutes of the third quarter. On the play in question, he hauled in the pass on the left sideline about 20 yards downfield, then made a Saquon Barkley-esque jump cut back to the right which caused two UConn defenders to collide while he raced to glory. Grayson has put in at least 75 yards receiving in three of four games this season, with Sunday's performance his first of the 100-yard variety (and the 200-yard variety, at that).

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen ranks fourth on Mel Kiper's updated top 25 prospects.

The only quarterbacks ranked above Allen are USC's Sam Darnold and UCLA's Josh Rosen. Allen (6'5/230) has had a miserable start to his season statistically, but Kiper notes that it wasn't statistics that made him one of the top prospects to start the season. Kiper notes that Allen can "sling it," and that 47 percent of Wyoming's offense left this year and that the Cowboys have played a tough schedule to start the year. Allen is going to have to play better in conference play, but he still has at least one fan in Kiper.

Source: ESPN Insider 

Sep 28 - 11:07 PM

Any thoughts on Bryce Love? Playing out on the West Coast I haven't got to see him much but he is putting up crazy numbers so far this season.  

Bryce Love is stupidly fast and Stanford is a good running team, so that combination equates to a lot of big plays. I think his speed alone gets him into the top 100 of the draft, but there's a question of what type of pro back he'll be. IMO he's not very powerful and his elusiveness is just average. Hard to think of comps. Maybe a poor man's Chris Johnson, Tevin Coleman, or something like Michael Bennett. Despite all the huge stats he's putting up, I'm still not really sure he's a first round pick and an every down guy in the NFL. In college, being really good at one thing is enough to dominate, and Love is really good at simple north-south running with speed. Not sure how that will translate in the NFL, where it's more demanding.

Oklahoma senior WR James Washington caught nine passes for 127 yards and a touchdown in a 41-34 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday.

Washington (6'1/205) has gone over 100 yards in four of OSU's first five games, and he's scored at least a touchdown in the same amount of games. You have to double him, and he can beat double teams, too. His touchdown was a 14-yard strike from quarterback Mason Rudolph to make it 7-0 Cowboys. Simply put, this is one of the best wideouts in the country, and he's going to put up video game numbers in two weeks against Baylor.

Oklahoma State senior WR Marcell Ateman caught six passes for 114 yards in a 41-34 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday.

Ateman (6'4/215) has somewhat "quietly" gone over 100 yards in each of his last three games. He hasn't scored in the last two, but with quarterback Mason Rudolph throwing the football as well as he has outside of the TCU game, he'll find the end zone again soon. He, James Washington and Jaylen McClaskey form one of the best wide receiver units in college football.

Oct 1 - 12:31 AM

Thomas Tyner sighting in the OSU-UW game:

https://twitter.com/Pac12Network/status/914324303633461248

I think he can get a combine invite and become an intriguing day three candidate. Injury prone and ran too upright at Oregon, but he's an NFL caliber athlete.

It's interesting that Tyner (HS class of 2013), Nick Chubb (HS class of 2014) and Saquon Barkley (HS class of 2015) will all be in the same draft. These guys all have the potential to run sub 4.40 at 230+ pounds, so it could be a fun combine in ~5 months.

Thomas Tyner sighting in the OSU-UW game:

https://twitter.com/Pac12Network/status/914324303633461248

I think he can get a combine invite and become an intriguing day three candidate. Injury prone and ran too upright at Oregon, but he's an NFL caliber athlete.

It's interesting that Tyner (HS class of 2013), Nick Chubb (HS class of 2014) and Saquon Barkley (HS class of 2015) will all be in the same draft. These guys all have the potential to run sub 4.40 at 230+ pounds, so it could be a fun combine in ~5 months.
Interesting his first cousin works for me. After talking to him I'm coming around on this kid.

Tex

Any thoughts on Bryce Love? Playing out on the West Coast I haven't got to see him much but he is putting up crazy numbers so far this season.  
The way Stanford is producing these running backs with gawd like numbers I'm starting to wonder if it's the system. I've always thought CMC was just a fast, athletic scat back and so far he's done nothing in the NFL. It's still early but at this point he's shown nothing to show he's deserved that high draft grade but we'll see still a lot of football left.

Tex

What is his size?
Listed at 5'10" 191, but who knows how accurate that is?

He is not a big back, but definitely has a strong lower body and more power than you would think just looking at the weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listed at 5'10" 191, but who knows how accurate that is?

He is not a big back, but definitely has a strong lower body and more power than you would think just looking at the weight.
Haven't seen much of him. Can he be a featured guy, or is he gonna be a COP back?

I haven't scouted Love so I can't say if he's somebody I'm high on, but at 190, he's going to need several specific high end traits to be effective.

Haven't seen much of him. Can he be a featured guy, or is he gonna be a COP back?
LeSean McCoy and Ameer Abdullah are starters in the NFL at 200 pounds. Gaskin shares some similarities with them, as well as Ray Rice and Darren Sproles. He's cut from that mold. Not huge, but compact and shifty. I think worst case scenario he's a Gio Bernard type. Best case scenario he's a starter. I've been saying 2nd-3rd round for him and I'll stick with that prediction. He's a baller, but whether or not he's an every down guy in the NFL is a little bit harder to predict.

Users who are viewing this thread