What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Washington State senior QB Luke Falk completed 17-of-34 passes for 197 yards and three touchdowns in a 28-0 demolishing of Colorado on Saturday.

Falk also ran for 41 yards, as the 6-foot-4, 223-pound quarterback had all day to throw and took off when necessary. While the three touchdowns are great, this was not a strong game from the senior QB. Anytime he had to make a throw that wasn't the first read, he struggled with accuracy, and Colorado dropped multiple interceptions. Still, even in a "bad" game, there were moments of brilliance for the potential first-round pick. Falk and the Cougs get Arizona next.

San Diego State senior RB Rashaad Penny ran for 69 yards on 15 carries in a 27-3 blowout loss to Fresno State on Saturday.

Penny (5'11/200) is human, after all. It's the second-straight time that the senior running back has been held under 100 yards, and the second time this season he hasn't been able to find the end zone. Teams are going to put eight men in the box to stop the talented senior until San Diego State shows an inkling of a passing game. Penny and the Aztecs should have an easier time running the football next week against Hawaii.

Wyoming redshirt junior QB Josh Allen completed just 12-of-27 passes for 131 yards with a touchdown and two picks in a 24-14 loss to Boise State on Saturday.

Allen (6'5/233) was able to run for 61 yards with a one-yard touchdown as well. It's the third time this year the junior quarterback has failed to complete at least 50 percent of his passes. Yes, he's playing with a short deck compared to the other first-round candidates at the position, but there's no denying that Allen needs to be better with his accuracy, timing and decision-making. He gets a date with New Mexico next week.

West Virginia junior WR David Sills hauled in seven passes for 136 yards with three touchdowns in a 38-36 victory over Baylor on Saturday.

What a season this has been for Sills (6'4/203). It's not only the fourth time in a row that he's caught at least two touchdowns in a game, it's the second-straight time he's found the end zone three times. He and Mountaineers' quarterback Will Grier have obvious chemistry, and Sills is just about uncoverable in the red zone. Don't be surprised if Sills scores two or more times again next week against Oklahoma State.

Southern Miss junior WR Korey Robertson caught 9 passes for 127 yards and two scores in a 34-27 victory over Louisiana Tech in double-overtime on Saturday.

Robertson (6'1/210) doesn't get the hype of fellow wideout Ifo Smith, but very quietly he's had an excellent year. The two touchdowns give him seven on the year. His second touchdown ended up being the game winner, a 25-yarder from quarterback Keon Howard in the second overtime. Robertson should have another productive game against UAB next week.

This steaming pile of garbage.
Lol oh that one, no I never opened it I thought the title alone was so ridiculous it’s obvious the writer is just trying to get hits to his links.

Last night Lamar ran for more yards than he passed for that’s not going to fly in the NFL. If he was able to come out last year he might have been drafted in the 1st but there’s no way that’s  going to happen now. He’ll be lucky he is drafted in the 3rd IMHO.

Tex

Lol oh that one, no I never opened it I thought the title alone was so ridiculous it’s obvious the writer is just trying to get hits to his links.

Last night Lamar ran for more yards than he passed for that’s not going to fly in the NFL. If he was able to come out last year he might have been drafted in the 1st but there’s no way that’s  going to happen now. He’ll be lucky he is drafted in the 3rd IMHO.

Tex
They will talk him up like he's the next big thing. I don't know why they continually think that a guy that runs aa a QB in college is somehow going to have a successful career in the NFL. Only the dumb teams take guys like this. That's why they continue to suck year after year.

There is absolutely no way in hell that SF would ever consider this guy. He would be such a disaster in a Shanahan directed offense. I could see him as the Jets next QB because it looks like they have blown their chance at a good one.

They will talk him up like he's the next big thing. I don't know why they continually think that a guy that runs aa a QB in college is somehow going to have a successful career in the NFL. Only the dumb teams take guys like this. That's why they continue to suck year after year.

There is absolutely no way in hell that SF would ever consider this guy. He would be such a disaster in a Shanahan directed offense. I could see him as the Jets next QB because it looks like they have blown their chance at a good one.
Exactly. In my mind, there is no possible way Jackson or Mayfield go before Darnold, Allen, and Rosen.

Penn State senior TE Mike Gesicki caught two passes for 52 yards in Saturday's 42-13 win over Michigan.

After catching a pair of touchdowns in each of Penn State's first two games, Gesicki (6'6/252) has now been held out of the end zone in five consecutive contests. The senior tight end owns a 24-228-4 receiving line for the season as a whole.

I don't think so, Guice and Chubb are still right there for me.  I don't worry so much about current production with college players I stick to the overall talent/body of work.  Both have the talent level to be right there with Barkley when healthy.  Guice is just dinged and not gonna be right all year so he's going to end up being the steal next year.  I have a lot of 2018 picks that look mid so I'm just fine with him laying low and letting latecomers jump him in rankings.
Barkley is a once in a generation talent. Nobody else is even close.

petekrum said:
Exactly. In my mind, there is no possible way Jackson or Mayfield go before Darnold, Allen, and Rosen.
Mayfield is playing better than all three at this point. Not sure why you think all three should be drafted before Mayfield. These guys have been running on hype yet they have been spotty and disappointing just like the other QBs in college football.

Tex

Mayfield is playing better than all three at this point. Not sure why you think all three should be drafted before Mayfield. These guys have been running on hype yet they have been spotty and disappointing just like the other QBs in college football.

Tex
It's not about what you do in college as we saw with Tebow and Manziel. I can tell you with one hundred percent assurance Mayfield won't be picked before any of those QBs.

It's not about what you do in college as we saw with Tebow and Manziel. I can tell you with one hundred percent assurance Mayfield won't be picked before any of those QBs.
Agreed. They will pick the guys with the highest celling. that's Darnold, Rosen and Allen. Odds are at least one becomes a bust but it would be nice if all 3 turned into franchise QBs because this league is really QB starved.

USC redshirt sophomore QB Sam Darnold said that his ankle injury is "nothing I can't handle."

Darnold aggravated a previous ankle injury in Saturday's demoralizing loss to Notre Dame and sat for most of the fourth quarter. This doesn't sound like a major issue, but the upcoming practice week will tell the tale as to whether the redshirt sophomore is able to play against Arizona State next weekend. Matt Fink would likely take the reigns if Darnold is unable to play in that contest.

Source: Joey Kaufman on Twitter 

Oct 22 - 1:57 PM

You are welcome to your opinion.  This is the 3rd time in 4 years we've heard that so you'll forgive me if I'm not selling all my stock in Gurley and DJ to acquire him.
He Never said to trade DJ or Gurley for him. Just that he is better then guice or Chubb and by quite a bit which I agree. If you had to bet which 1 of those 3 is most likely to turn into a stud like Gurley or DJ I'll take Barkley easily

Show me one QB that sucked in college that eventually went on to be successful in the NFL.

Tex

Show me one QB that sucked in college that eventually went on to be successful in the NFL.

Tex
There's a big difference between sucking in college and having an up and down year. What I can show you is a ton of guys who had great college careers and sucked in the NFL. I'm not saying any of those 3 will be great NFL players,  just that all three will be chosen over Mayfield regardless of what happens the rest of the year. 

Anyone else selling firsts unless projected to be top 3 or 4? Not feeling the depth of this draft as I once did

Anyone else selling firsts unless projected to be top 3 or 4? Not feeling the depth of this draft as I once did
I love the depth in this draft. Outside the top QBS I love Kirk, Sutton, and Washington at WR as well as Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Ronald Jones and a handful of other RBs. As always though it depends on what someone is offering for the picks.

Barkley is a once in a generation talent. Nobody else is even close.
Maybe he is but saying no one is even close?  I remember 2 Penn St running backs that were "can't miss".  Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas were drafted 1 and 2 respectively and didn't fair so well in the NFL.  I know Carter had injuries but once you get to the NFL it's a different animal.  I'm not saying this because he goes to Penn St but that is just a couple of examples.  If the bet was Barkley or the field, I'd take the field.  

There's a big difference between sucking in college and having an up and down year. What I can show you is a ton of guys who had great college careers and sucked in the NFL. I'm not saying any of those 3 will be great NFL players,  just that all three will be chosen over Mayfield regardless of what happens the rest of the year. 
I agree but my point is that every successful QB in the NFL was successful in college even though college success doesn’t guarantee NFL success it is required. You’re discounting Mayfield based on what? He’s doing what’s required to be successful. So what has he done that makes you say what you’re saying?

Tex

I'm in the nobody is a sure thing camp, especially in FF. Could be a huge difference in productivity if Barkley goes to Cleveland as opposed to somewhere like the Giants.

I often wonder if situation is sometimes the difference between an All-Pro type career & a flame-out.

I'm in the nobody is a sure thing camp, especially in FF. Could be a huge difference in productivity if Barkley goes to Cleveland as opposed to somewhere like the Giants.

I often wonder if situation is sometimes the difference between an All-Pro type career & a flame-out.
It can be. At WR, if you don't have a solid QB, you are not going to put up huge numbers unless your name was Jerry Rice, who thrived regardless of QB. Last year, A Brown was not much without Ben. This year we will see that Nelson is nothing with Hundley. At RB, if you don't have a solid OL, you are Joe Mixon. If you have a top rated OL, you are Zeke Elliott.

No question, I 100% agree no one is a sure thing. What is it, 50% of 1st round picks are not resigned beyond their rookie contracts? All of these guys could turn out to be bust. Someone is always saying college production doesn’t mean NFL success which is true BUT it’s an indication to some degree an illustration of their talent level therefore one must be successful at that particular level. 

It’ll be interesting.

Tex

I agree but my point is that every successful QB in the NFL was successful in college even though college success doesn’t guarantee NFL success it is required. You’re discounting Mayfield based on what? He’s doing what’s required to be successful. So what has he done that makes you say what you’re saying?

Tex
From what I've seen and read, he's smallish, relies to much on improvisation, lacks arm strength and is a bit of a head case at times. As I've said, there are a ton of college QBS who have accomplished great things in college,  then fail in the NFL. There's a reason whenever the top QB prospects are named he isn't among them.

I'd take Barkley with the 1.01 in a dynasty startup.  Sure there is some projection involved, but IMO he is the best talent at the position since AP and will be 21 his rookie year.  

He Never said to trade DJ or Gurley for him. Just that he is better then guice or Chubb and by quite a bit which I agree. If you had to bet which 1 of those 3 is most likely to turn into a stud like Gurley or DJ I'll take Barkley easily
You are welcome to your opinion.

Oklahoma senior QB Baker Mayfield has completed 77-of-93 passes for 1,427 yards with 14 touchdowns and no interceptions in 2017, according to Pro Football Focus.

If it seems like we have a ridiculous stat every week for Mayfield (6'0/220), it's because there is one. The Sooner quarterback is excellent with his fakes, and his ability to improvise and create time after said fakes make him even better on play-action passes. This is just another analytical number that says he's one of the best collegiate quarterbacks in the country.

Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter

Toledo Senior QB Logan Woodside has a 128.2 passer rating when under pressure in 2017, the highest of any passer in the FBS according to Pro Football Focus.

A 128.2 rating is very good when you have a clean pocket. To do it when you're under pressure? That's downright impressive. Yes, Woodside plays in a very friendly system for quarterbacks, but it does speek to the senior's ability to make the right decision in said system. Don't be surprised if 6-foot-2, 210-pound signal-caller ends up with some of the best numbers in the nation again, as he did in 2016.

Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter

Does this fit what everyone is seeing thus far?

QBs: Way down compared to preseason consensus. The "big 3" have been huge disappointments and are being surpassed by Jackson, Mayfield, etc

RB: awesome, deep group with a potential 1.01 overall in Barkley

WR: lacking high-end elite talent but solid depth

TE: Not many 1st or 2nd round talents to speak of

I'm still bullish on the QBs (but if Darnold goes back it does hurt a bit).

RBs has an elite prospect, and I think Guice and Chubb are first rounders. Good depth.

WRs I don't see a Top 10 talent unless someone tests off the charts, but see a good 8+ picked in the first two days.

TEs I like a couple of the prospects (Andrews and Gisicki)

Because of the depth of the class, I've been trying to pick up 2nds on the cheap

maf005 said:
Does this fit what everyone is seeing thus far?

QBs: Way down compared to preseason consensus. The "big 3" have been huge disappointments and are being surpassed by Jackson, Mayfield, etc

RB: awesome, deep group with a potential 1.01 overall in Barkley

WR: lacking high-end elite talent but solid depth

TE: Not many 1st or 2nd round talents to speak of
As a rookie?  Not a chance.  By his 2nd year?  Sure.  Huge depth at the position too with a ton of top-end potential.  Could be as good as 2017.

QB we'll have to let the pre-draft/film study tell the story.  There are no obvious candidates but a lot can happen.  Wentz, and Goff didn't get any real press and last year's draft was a mystery going in as far as mocks were concerned.

I agree the WR lack the star power.  That has a tendency to show on the field early, and we aren't seeing it. 

TE I disagree with, this is another good class.  Mark Andrews, Mike Gesicki, Troy Fumagali already.  TE depth tends to show late or during pre-draft.

A bunch of friends got together and started a slow draft now where college players are included. They are risky as if they don't come out than you basically lose draft pick. 

14 team IDP. Start 11 O with 1-2 QB, 1-5 RB, 2-7 Wr, 1-4 Te, 1-3 Pk. PPR with Te getting 2 Pts and Pk gets 4 per Fg. 5 pts per pass td.  IDP is 2 per tackle except Dl is 3 and 4 per sack

league owner ability would be average at best. Some good, some bad

34th overall. Saquon Barkley. Me

54th Derius Grice

57th Lamar Jackson

58th Sam Darnold. Not looking good

93rd Josh Rosen. Me

106 Mason Rudolph

146 Nick Chubb. Me

151 Baker Mayfield 

157 Ronald Jones Me

166 Calvin Ridley

171 James Washington Me