Faust

[Dynasty] 2018 Draft Prospects

1,212 posts in this topic

Scratch Gaskin from your draft boards:

Washington junior RB Myles Gaskin will return to school for the 2018 season.

The Seattle Times' Adam Jude passed along several days ago that the 5-foot-9, 192-pound Gaskin was leaning toward a return to the Huskies over entering the NFL Draft. That has now come to pass. The junior back has topped 1,300 yards rushing in each of his first three campaigns in Seattle, most recently ending the 2017 season having rushed for 1,380 yards (6.2 YPC) and 21 touchdowns. The Huskies lost DT Vita Vea to the draft this winter, but outside of that, they are one of the clear winners from declaration season -- in addition to Gaskin, QB Jake Browning, T Kaleb McGary, DT Greg Gaines and S JoJo McIntosh all opted to keep the band together.

Source: The News Tribune 

Jan 14 - 8:47 PM

 

 

It also sounds like Bryce Love is returning to Stanford instead of declaring for the 2018 NFL Draft: 

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller passes along that "people at Stanford think [redshirt junior RB] Bryce Love will stay in school and not declare for the draft."

Love (5'10/184) is one of the few big draft-eligible players yet to announce his intentions. We'll find out soon enough one way or another -- today (Monday) is the deadline for underclassmen to declare. Love's return to Stanford would not only shift some draft boards, it would be an obvious boon for the Cardinal, particularly given that conference foe Washington is returning a number of draft-eligible pieces for the 2018 season. Love rushed for a Stanford-record 2,118 yards and 19 touchdowns during the 2017 campaign.

Source: Matt Miller on Twitter 

Jan 15 - 1:11 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Faust said:

A two round mock in January, love it.

This Matt Miller does good work. As an example he had Michael Thomas rated as the #1 WR the year he came out, Kamara as a top 30 player, etc, etc.  If you are still paying attention to guys like Kiper over him you are doing it wrong.

That being said I'd hate to see the NFL draft go like this mock. Not enthused about landing spots for Ridley, Guice or Ronald Jones.  Sony Michel would have hit a homerun spot.

And I understand it's silly to some degree to look at mock draft landing spots but it's one of the ways I try and prepare and value draft picks and it's also just fun. I like to look at mocks and see how I'd value certain players/picks if this held true. Got nothing else to do.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes Harris, Love Gaskin, Weber, LJ Scott, the depth of this class is taking a beating.  Time to buy 2019 1sts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

Yikes Harris, Love Gaskin, Weber, LJ Scott, the depth of this class is taking a beating.  Time to buy 2019 1sts!

I don't think Love returning is official yet.   Why is Weber returning, he was beaten out by Dobbins?  Harris returning and Love (if it becomes official) are the only two from that list that matter IMO.

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

strong RB class this year forced some to reevaluate... 2019 is still not a strong RB class, Love and Harris do make it better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

strong RB class this year forced some to reevaluate... 2019 is still not a strong RB class, Love and Harris do make it better

Again, I read that Love returning isn't official, only rumors.  Have you read somewhere that makes this official?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't think Love returning is official yet.   Why is Weber returning, he was beaten out by Dobbins?  Harris returning and Love (if it becomes official) are the only two from that list that matter IMO.

Weber is a bit of a mystery but they had a bunch of guys return - all of their borderline guys are.  There was speculation that up to 10 or so could go but only three ended up going.  Seems to be an "unfinished business" to it.

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Again, I read that Love returning isn't official, only rumors.  Have you read somewhere that makes this official?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000883994/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2018-nfl-draft

Deadline was today, so in the absence of a declaration, he's back.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Weber is a bit of a mystery but they had a bunch of guys return - all of their borderline guys are.  There was speculation that up to 10 or so could go but only three ended up going.  Seems to be an "unfinished business" to it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000883994/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2018-nfl-draft

Deadline was today, so in the absence of a declaration, he's back.

Since Love is returning, who do you like in devy drafts between Bryce Love, J K Dobbins,  and Jonathan Taylor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Since Love is returning, who do you like in devy drafts between Bryce Love, J K Dobbins,  and Jonathan Taylor?

Dobbins by a mile, mostly because I am a raging Buckeye fan, but you need to have Cam Akers on there too.  Akers >= Dobbins >= Love >> Taylor = Weber.  I don't see anything particularly special about Taylor and I think a lot of guys could have matched his productivity there.  Slight edge to Dobbins over Love due to age and wearing the proper shade of scarlet.

Edited by Hankmoody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Dobbins by a mile, mostly because I am a raging Buckeye fan, but you need to have Cam Akers on there too.  Akers > Dobbins >= Love >> Taylor = Weber.  I don't see anything particularly special about Taylor and I think a lot of guys could have matched his productivity there.  Slight edge to Dobbins over Love due to age and wearing the proper shade of scarlet.

I like Dobbins as well and prefer him over Akers,  but it is close.

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

I like Dobbins as well and prefer him over Akers,  but it is close.

I kinda want to too but it feels like my homerism would be doing that and not my evaluation and I'm concerned by the long speed - he got caught from behind 2 or 3 times in the B1G Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I kinda want to too but it feels like my homerism would be doing that and not my evaluation and I'm concerned by the long speed - he got caught from behind 2 or 3 times in the B1G Championship. 

He has enough speed.  I've seen Elliott caught from behind as well as Fournette.  Hopefully RBs bring more than just straight line speed to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.