What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone in Atlanta area possibly help with info? (1 Viewer)

godgers12

Footballguy
Going to the game this Sunday last minute and looking to book a hotel. We are driving but plan on doing an Uber or whatever if needed to and from the game. I usually stay at Hitlon and see a couple less than a mile from the stadium for about 300.00 a night, there is the Hilton-Downtown that is super cheap like 200.00 a night but they have a disclaimer being under remodel. Then I see a bunch about 6 miles away from the stadium for half the price. Any thoughts or pointers or input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Since I live here, I've never stayed in any of the hotels. 6 miles away from the stadium north or south? Things are verrrry different. If you're going north and towards Buckhead, that should be good. If you're going south, there's a reason things are cheaper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i have limited input other than saying i stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn just north of the perimeter off that road that heads north towards Roswell.  it was clean, well priced near the king and queen buildings.  price was around 109-, i used the 20% off MVP which is always available.

I've traveled to Atlanta for a few Falcons games and always stayed at the Lowes in Midtown.  It's nice and there are some cool bars and places to eat around there.  We take MARTA to the game...and just walked to the station from the hotel.

Going to the game this Sunday last minute and looking to book a hotel. We are driving but plan on doing an Uber or whatever if needed to and from the game. I usually stay at Hitlon and see a couple less than a mile from the stadium for about 300.00 a night, there is the Hilton-Downtown that is super cheap like 200.00 a night but they have a disclaimer being under remodel. Then I see a bunch about 6 miles away from the stadium for half the price. Any thoughts or pointers or input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Stay north of I-20.       

Went to the 9ers/Falcons game a month ago.  We stayed at a Hampton Inn that was a few miles from the stadium.  We drove towards the stadium area around 10am for a 4:00 game and parked in a parking garage near a "mall" that was close by.  It was like $6 to park all day, so the parking was cheap.  Walked around, ate some food then tried to go to the Taco Mac near the stadium but the wait was over 2 hours, ended up just standing near the bar area before hand and watched the noon games while standing. 

Stay in buckhead (about 6 miles north I think) or dunwoody (9-10 miles north I think) and take the train to CNN station to get to the game.  I wouldn't stay downtown only for the game.  You'll likely be ubering if you go anywhere else any way.

MARTA is nice for getting to/from the stadium so anything you can find near a stop on the North side of town should work. 

They are remodeling the main Hilton downtown so I called and they told me since I am diamond member I would be in a newly remodeled room, it was only 200.00 a night and is half a mile from the stadium so I went that route. Thanks for the input eveyone, fwiw the 6 miles away they were showing me on the site were hotels at the airport, from experience I have never really been anywhere that near the airport is a nice area haha,

Users who are viewing this thread