What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5th Annual FBG Chess Tournament- Congratulations to Otello, 1st place with 5.5 points! (5 wins, one draw) (1 Viewer)

shuke said:
Also, is there anyone else signed up that sucks?
:hi:

Oh my yes.

eta:

:hello:

:bye:

:goodbye:

huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK we now have 16 people, and Nick Vermeil is in at 17 IF we can get an 18th person. Of course if we get more, all are welcome.

Round 1 will start Monday. I will post the matchups this weekend. As always, pairings for the first round are determined completely randomly. After that it's based on your score up to that point. I will try to make it so everybody has white and black 3 times each, but that is not guaranteed.

timschochet said:
Welcome! That means Nick Vermeil is also in, and puts us at 18. 

shuke is your chesstime name the same? (I need to know for Nick V as well). 
I couldn't find "chesstime" so I insalled "Chess Time."  Name, "Nick Vermeil"

Argh, I knew this would start this week when I was incommunicado and I would miss the signup.  Crap. 

In if there's any more room.  Chess time name is Aerial Assault.

Argh, I knew this would start this week when I was incommunicado and I would miss the signup.  Crap. 

In if there's any more room.  Chess time name is Aerial Assault.
You're in, but unless somebody else joins up, you have to take a bye the first round. (Or if somebody doesn't show up for round 1, you can take their place.)

OK, here is round 1 pairings:

Round One (Left side= White)

SackYourPieces vs. Shuke

andyjayhawker vs. Nick Vermeil

chasec vs. trogg78

need2know vs. brojimluv

Psychopav vs. Juxtat

Otello vs. nysfl2

Sand vs. scoobus

timschochet vs. shader

kutta vs. AAABatteries

Bye: Aerial Assault

Again, if we can one more person, then they can play Aerial Assault. I will accept anybody who wants to join anytime during round 1; after that the tournament is closed.

You guys can go ahead and start. The white player needs to challenge the black one.

PLEASE POST HERE ONCE YOUR GAME HAS BEGUN!!! Thanks.

timschochet said:

SackYourPieces vs. Shuke

chasec vs. trogg78

need2know vs. brojimluv

Psychopav vs. Juxtat

Otello vs. nysfl2

Sand vs. scoobus

timschochet vs. shader

kutta vs. AAABatteries

Again, if we can one more person, then they can play Aerial Assault. I will accept anybody who wants to join anytime during round 1; after that the tournament is closed.
Did you forget me?

timschochet said:

SackYourPieces vs. Shuke

chasec vs. trogg78

need2know vs. brojimluv

Psychopav vs. Juxtat

Otello vs. nysfl2

Sand vs. scoobus

timschochet vs. shader

kutta vs. AAABatteries

Did you forget me

I've never used this app before.  What time per move do we use when challenging someone?

AA and ragincajun underway.  However, tim, please note that because he and I have never played before and he challenged me, I ended up as white.  

Sand and scoobus have started.  

I just won in one move.  Oh, wait, crap, he moved back.  Darn - I guess I'm going to have to play this out.

Users who are viewing this thread