What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thinking Gurley for Cooks (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Currently have:

RB: D Murray, L Murray, Gurley, Kelley, Forte, Artis-Payne
WR: Benjamin, Hilton, Jeffery, Britt, Thielen, P Cooper, R Matthews, Anderson, Wheaton
TE:  Kelce, Witten, Gresham, Higbee, Heuerman, Williams, Wix

In a PPR dynasty league, I was thinking of offering Gurley for Cooks.  The team is a bit short of RBs.  We can start 1 - 1 - 1 RB/WR/TE with 4 flex.  

Would you do the offer?

D. Murray probably won't be a #1 RB for more than  a couple of more years. L. Murray may never be a true #1.

I don't think I'd give up Gurley with your current RB situation as I think you'd be leaving yourself too thin at the position.

If you're worried that he might bust (as some are) see if you can land a better WR or at least ask for some additional value along with Cooks.

Thanks for answering mine.

I wouldn't do that.  Sure, Gurley's value took a huge hit after a poor 2nd season but Cooks is just a solid but up and down WR on a team that Michael Thomas may be the top option and Brees is getting pretty old.  Cooks is also a speed WR so may never be a huge catch monster.  I just think you could find a better WR if you want to trade Gurley.

There is no way I would give up Gurley for Cooks.  Cooks is the epitome of a boom or bust WR and is terrible to own because you never know when the boom comes.  Thomas is by far the top consistent option on that team while Gurley is still the undisputed #1 RB in LA.  Stay patient with Gurley and don't get caught up in the Cooks will he or won't he world.

Users who are viewing this thread