Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
massraider

Zach Orr retiring

53 posts in this topic

I have him in one league, and lost him in another, where I cut him after the retirement, and someone snapped him up when this news broke.  

You have to wonder about the NFL's opinion of his neck, and his talent.  If he was as good a LB as we all think he is because of his tackle numbers, wouldn't someone have made a move?  The timing of him entering the market is no big deal.  Plenty of teams with money, and nowhere reasonable to spend it, plenty of teams that need a MLB.  

It's possible this is just a question about his neck.  Maybe even probable.  I think it's also possible that teams didn't grade him very well, and he was just a compiler, in terms of tackle numbers, rather than an impact LB.  

On 7/6/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bronco Billy said:

It's barely been more than a week since Orr got other medical opinions that allow him to play again.  There are allegedly up to 18 teams interested in speaking with him.  TCs don't start for a while yet.  Of course he hasn't signed yet.

And now?

Yeah my excitement at getting him on waivers has pretty much evaporated now

Horrible feeling that teams might see him as a post week 1 signing in case of neck injury issues. I cannot hold him that long.

Feels like this ship has sailed.

I'm still keeping him in as many leagues as I can, but not holding out hope.

On 8/2/2017 at 6:33 PM, Hankmoody said:

And now?

He still hasn't signed.  Are you being a smart*** or do you really need this spelled out for you?  

You were awful quick and dismissive of the question/concern I had about the timing and wondering how you see it now.  Seemed like a pretty straightforward question.

6 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

You were awful quick and dismissive of the question/concern I had about the timing and wondering how you see it now.  Seemed like a pretty straightforward question.

I'm certain I don't need to explain this to you, but since you're taking this stance I guess I'll have to.

Well before TC the reports were that Orr had been cleared by other doctors than the first one he saw.  Numerous teams were reported to be interested - for good reason.  Given that it was after OTAs but before TC there was no urgency for Orr not to seek his best deal.  Since that time teams have kicked the tires and it appears no one is comfortable taking the risk with his health.  So his opportunities have changed significantly since that post.  It happens. 

So what exactly are you looking for here?

Zachary Orr - LB -  Free Agent

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports free agent LB Zachary Orr (neck) has yet to be medically cleared.

Orr retired shortly after last season due to a neck issue, but he quickly announced his desire to return to playing after receiving second and third opinions. Unfortunately for him, it's going to be tough to gain clearance from an NFL club during this day and age. The Dolphins are looking for linebacker help.

Some really mixed information going on with Orr, but this last report looks pretty dire.

33 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

he is "re-retiring"

Guess being able to walk and play with his kids won out in the end. 

2 hours ago, 13boobam said:

Guess being able to walk and play with his kids won out in the end. 

I think it was the 17 teams he tried to catch on with that wouldn't clear him to play again that was the bigger factor.