What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rebuild - Looking to Trade 1.01 (1 Viewer)

kyter1

Footballguy
Update in post 10

16 TM QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE

I started my rebuild last year and am looking to trade the 1.01 to get additional picks and players. I'm was thinking about the trade below and wanted to get some opinions. He has a strong team and is in need of a RB. I have needs everywhere. 

Give: 1.01

Get: 1.03, 1.12, D. Parker

My Roster: 

Dak, Rivers, Goff, Kessler, Moore, Brissett, G. Smith, Hackenberg

Farrow, Ferguson, Darius Jackson

Doctson, Kearse, Charles Johnson, Ricardo Louis, Peake, Jalin Marshall

Brate, Barnidge, Sims, Griffin, Adams

Picks. 1.01, 1.07, 1.08, 1.16, 2.01, 3.01,3.13

His Roster:

Mariota, Flacco, Griffin

Ingram, Martin, Abdullah, Starks, Smallwood, Erving, K. Robinson

Green, Cooper, Jeffrey, Parker, Sharpe, Janis

Reed, Walford, Gillmore, Pruitt

Picks: 1.03, 1.12, 2.12

​

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a bad offer. I do think the 1.1 will really go up in value like it did last year for Elliot though.  I would try to get his 1st in 18. Getting 1st's a year out is a big key to rebuilding a bad team. The picks also let your team stay bad so you can get a better pick yourself. I would counter with 1.1, 2.1 for 1.3, 1.12 and his 1st in 18. 

I would drop 5 qbs. All kidding aside, I agree with pastor. I'd try to squeeze an extra pick rather than Parker. If the dolphins resign stills parkers value will take a big hit. They said they want to try. Parker had some nice games but simply won't get enough targets. 

I like the offer. I have to keep reminding myself that it is best to wait before trading that top pick. When I'm rebuilding, that 1.01 can be a bit of a hot potato. You want to propose trades, move down and acquire as many picks as possible immediately. At least, that's how it is for me. I'm an impatient dude and that can sometimes lead me to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to dynasty. And also that one time I literally shot myself in the foot. So, I'd advise to wait a bit closer to the draft to move the pick and that trade offer might become a bit sweeter.

I think the offer isn't terrible but as has been stated....the pick will get move valuable the closer you get to the draft - and may take a huge leap depending on how the NFL draft shakes out. 

I would counter and ask for more with trying to get a RB in the deal.  You might as well have no RB's on your roster with how bad those three are.  I would see if can get Abdullah in the deal (or even Martin if that guy has soured on him). 

Bottom line is I think you should be able to get more and the key in larger leagues (16+ team leagues) is to get difference makers that can win you the league.  Depending on how the NFL draft shakes out you might have that chance with the #1 overall pick if one of the RB's fall to a good place.  I think you need to get pieces that give you the best chance to hit on a couple difference makers yourself if you are going to move 1.01

yeah, I would try to get an RB thrown in there as Gally said

at 1.03 you still have a great player coming to you and Parker may help your wr group if he ever gets it together

There will also be value there at 1.12, there will be a good player at every position available there

If you can get an RB in the deal i say take it

I would try to tweak this.  Parker has been a bit up and down and 1.12 can be a crap shoot.  I would try to combine those two pieces into 1 better piece so get 1.03 plus one better asset for 1.01.  In the end I don't have an issue with this deal as is but would just explore a few more options for the other pieces to go along with 1.03.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm waiting until post NFL draft to make a move and will have to reevaluate what makes me believe in Parker. I seem to be higher than most.

I like Parker on paper, and I think his value goes up if stills leaves, however if stills stays his value torpedoes. 

16 TM QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE

I started my rebuild last year and am looking to trade the 1.01 to get additional picks and players. I'm was thinking about the trade below and wanted to get some opinions. He has a strong team and is in need of a RB. I have needs everywhere. 

Give: 1.01

Get: 1.03, 1.12, D. Parker

My Roster: 

Dak, Rivers, Goff, Kessler, Moore, Brissett, G. Smith, Hackenberg

Farrow, Ferguson, Darius Jackson

Doctson, Kearse, Charles Johnson, Ricardo Louis, Peake, Jalin Marshall

Brate, Barnidge, Sims, Griffin, Adams

Picks. 1.01, 1.07, 1.08, 1.16, 2.01, 3.01,3.13

His Roster:

Mariota, Flacco, Griffin

Ingram, Martin, Abdullah, Starks, Smallwood, Erving, K. Robinson

Green, Cooper, Jeffrey, Parker, Sharpe, Janis

Reed, Walford, Gillmore, Pruitt

Picks: 1.03, 1.12, 2.12

​
Update to this thread. 

I sent a trade offer from the original post, but the owner hasn't been on the site since the end of last year. However, I have some additional interest in the pick and wanted to get some feedback on those.

I was offered:

Give: 1.01, Rivers

Get: 1.10, 2018 1st, 2018 3rd, Meredith, Langford

I declined that offer, but reached out to the owner to let him know that I would like to get the 1.05 from him also. He said he was open to that, but wanted to wait until after the draft to make a decision.

Another:

I sent the offer below:

Give: 1.01, Rivers

Get: 1.02, 2.02, 2018 1st

He stated he had interest, but wanted to know if I would remove the 2.02. I"m not interested in doing the trade w/out the 2.02, but was thinking of adding the 3.01 and possibly 3.13 to see if that would push him over the edge

Insight into my thoughts - I was thinking If I did the 2nd trade (for the 1.02, 2.02, 2018 1st). I would be able to still work a trade for the 1.05, 1.10 and possibly still get the 2018 1st. He has a strong team and is just missing a 2nd RB. 

Feedback would be appreciated on if you think I can pull off both trades. If not, which would you prefer?

I would do the 2nd trade if you can make it happen. Moving down one spot to get a 1st in 18 is a good move. I agree that if you can then move down to the 1.5 and get an 18 1st and something else that would be great.  I would trade down as many times as you can if you are getting 18 1sts.

I did a rebuild like this in a league and have picks 1-5 in the rookie draft this year.  Only way to rebuild in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread