Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Love to hear why.

He tells it like it is?

liberals something something...

Hillary and Obama...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Knoller‏ @markknoller 3h3 hours ago

Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.

Source is a CBS News correspondent

President is a ####### moron

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Source is a CBS News correspondent

President is a ####### moron

I thought he was a businessman?

How does he not know this stuff?  I knew this #### in college while washing cars at a Toyota car dealership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toyota has been making cars in the U.S. since 1987. 
Honda has at least 12 U.S. plants.
Nissan has massive Mississippi plant.

 

what a buffoon!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitter: Trump and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe were scheduled to feed koi spoonfuls of food. Until Trump poured his entire box of fish food into the pond.

 

ETA - Abe did something similar. Trump's not a complete moron this time around. He likes hamburgers too.

Edited by saintfool
a retraction
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, saintfool said:

Love the dumb expression on his face and the huge baggy pants. He couldn't look like more of a jackass if he tried. Right after this photo was taken he told the prime minister's wife to pull his finger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soootch said:

Love the dumb expression on his face and the huge baggy pants. He couldn't look like more of a jackass if he tried. Right after this photo was taken he told the prime minister's wife to pull his finger.

Don't worry, the Japanese don't care about ceremony

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eephus said:

Source is a CBS News correspondent

President is a ####### moron

He prepared for this meeting by watching Gung Ho while on Air Force One.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are so screwed, item #3872...

Quote

Then, because this is 2017, things got dumb. According to Bloomberg, the president of the United States started begging Japan’s car companies to consider making their vehicles on American shores—something they’ve been doing since the 1980s. “Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. That’s not too much to ask,” Trump said. “Is that rude to ask?”

I mean, it’s not rude. It’s just strange—because Japanese car companies already build an enormous number of vehicles stateside. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and their brethren have dozens of manufacturing plants across the country, and according to the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association, 75 percent of Japanese brand vehicle sold stateside were assembled in North America. (Some percentage of those come from Mexico, which wouldn’t exactly satisfy Trump, but you get the idea.)

 

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

We are so screwed, item #3872...

 

Wanna take a bet that he somehow tells his Trumpers that he got them to start assembling cars in the U.S?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I really wish someone would teach this yahoo how to tie a tie.  My son (10 years old and in scouts) even made comment on how ridiculously long that thing is.

I mean come on!!!

That's next semester. He needs to pass his current, "How to shake hands like a human" class. It's not looking good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When looking a his comments in context, it's pretty clear he knows that many Japanese cars are made in the US. There's so much ammo that can be used against Trump already that it's not necessary to cherry-pick quotes to create more. It just gives his supports reasons to shout "fake news" and claim the media is out to get him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/06/does-trump-not-know-japanese-cars-are-built-in-the-u-s-only-if-you-totally-cherrypick-his-quote/?utm_term=.d43ddce12671

Trump quote:

"When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-flips-off-donald-trump-fired_us_59fe0ab4e4b0c9652fffa484?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

Woman Fired For Flipping Off Donald Trump’s Motorcade

A photo of Juli Briskman giving the middle finger to the president went viral. Her employer was not pleased.

WASHINGTON ― You may have seen this photo of President Donald Trump’s motorcade winding down a wooded road last week as a woman on a bicycle pedaled by ― giving the middle finger to Trump.

The picture, snapped by a White House photographer traveling with the president as he left his golf course in Sterling, Va., went viral almost immediately. News outlets picked up the story when it appeared in a White House pool report. Late-night talk show hosts told jokes about the encounter and people on social media began hailing the unidentified woman as a “she-ro,” using the hashtag #Her2020.

The woman’s name is Juli Briskman. Her employer, government contractor Akima LLC, wasn’t so happy about the photo. They fired her over it.

In a Saturday interview with HuffPost, Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, said she was stunned that someone had taken a picture of her giving Trump the middle finger. 

As the photo circulated online, Briskman decided to tell Akima’s HR department what was happening when she went to work on Monday. By Tuesday, her bosses called her into a meeting and said she had violated the company’s social media policy by using the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook.

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,‘” said Briskman. “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”

Briskman, who worked in marketing and communications at Akima for just over six months, said she emphasized to the executives that she wasn’t on the job when the incident happened and that her social media pages don’t mention her employer. They told her that because Akima was a government contractor, the photo could hurt their business, she said.

Virginia is an employment-at-will state, meaning employers can fire people anytime and for any reason. But Briskman said what’s been particularly infuriating is that a male colleague kept his job after recently posting lewd comments on his Facebook page that featured Akima LLC as his cover photo. She said this colleague was reprimanded for calling someone “a ####### ####### #######” on Facebook, but was allowed to delete the post and keep his job.

“How is that any less ‘obscene’ than me flipping off the president?” she asked. “How is that fair?”

Akima did not respond to requests for comment via email and phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, squistion said:

:shrug:

 It's within their rights to let someone go for this.

Hopefully she is hired by someone else soon.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

:shrug:

 It's within their rights to let someone go for this.

Hopefully she is hired by someone else soon.

She's almost a minor celebrity after that.  I'm sure she'll be busy doing interviews on TV and eventually will find a job or start he own business.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

:shrug:

 It's within their rights to let someone go for this.

Hopefully she is hired by someone else soon.

Yep, this is just like the Duck Dynasty guy.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Commish said:

I really wish someone would teach this yahoo how to tie a tie.  My son (10 years old and in scouts) even made comment on how ridiculously long that thing is.

I mean come on!!!

The fatter he gets the longer the tie gets. He thinks people don’t notice.

Same for the squirrel he keeps on his head.

All part of being a delusional rich guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

State media watch...

FNC removes Tom Steyer's impeach Trump ads.

Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter

FollowFollow @brianstelter

More

Brian Stelter Retweeted Jason Karsh

Fox News confirms: "Due to the strong negative reaction to their ad by our viewers, we could not in good conscience take their money"

Brian Stelter added,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

State media watch...

FNC removes Tom Steyer's impeach Trump ads.

Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter

FollowFollow @brianstelter

More

Brian Stelter Retweeted Jason Karsh

Fox News confirms: "Due to the strong negative reaction to their ad by our viewers, we could not in good conscience take their money"

Brian Stelter added,

Was he using Dijon mustard in these ads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Toyota has been making cars in the U.S. since 1987. 
Honda has at least 12 U.S. plants.
Nissan has massive Mississippi plant.

 

what a buffoon!!

His stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

His stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

It's honestly not that big of a deal now that we see the entire quote in full context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, themeanmachine said:

When looking a his comments in context, it's pretty clear he knows that many Japanese cars are made in the US. There's so much ammo that can be used against Trump already that it's not necessary to cherry-pick quotes to create more. It just gives his supports reasons to shout "fake news" and claim the media is out to get him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/06/does-trump-not-know-japanese-cars-are-built-in-the-u-s-only-if-you-totally-cherrypick-his-quote/?utm_term=.d43ddce12671

Trump quote:

"When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it."

Regardless of whether he knows that Japanese car companies manufacture autos in the U.S., the guy is a miserable speaker. It's 2nd grade level discourse. He basically reenacts the Hug A Cop speech from Fletch every time he's behind a podium. Idiot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you.

:lmao:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AAABatteries said:
7 hours ago, Plorfu said:

I think the full video shows that this koi thing is kind of nonsense. 

Abe actually shakes the remainder of his box in, then Trump follows suit.

 

Double Dammit!

Yeah, pretty poor form to have circulating false gif's of Trump pouring it out by himself, implying he was doing something stupid.  I saw that first and thought, well, that's odd but who cares?  Now, the bastards actually make me have to defend trump whenever this comes up.  Triple Dammit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

State media watch...

FNC removes Tom Steyer's impeach Trump ads.

Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter

FollowFollow @brianstelter

More

Brian Stelter Retweeted Jason Karsh

Fox News confirms: "Due to the strong negative reaction to their ad by our viewers, we could not in good conscience take their money"

Brian Stelter added,

FAKE NEWS!

FNC has no conscience

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Homer J Simpson said:

He's Tommy Boy.

Minus any likeability.

No way.  Tommy can sell a half a million break pads.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zow said:

No way.  Tommy can sell a half a million break pads.  

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ### by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump:

"I think that uh, mental health is your problem here."

"We have a lot of mental health problems in our country."

"This is a mental health problem at the highest level."

"These are dark times."

Never thought I'd agree with him so much in such a short period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adonis said:

Yeah, pretty poor form to have circulating false gif's of Trump pouring it out by himself, implying he was doing something stupid.  I saw that first and thought, well, that's odd but who cares?  Now, the bastards actually make me have to defend trump whenever this comes up.  Triple Dammit.

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now