Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

How do you buy the nation's highest civilian honor?

Conservative megadonors Sheldon Adelson and Miriam Adelson have doled out more than $100 million to aid Republicans in the midterm election, far outpacing their giving during the 2016 presidential cycle.

A new $25 million donation puts the billionaire benefactors’ total spending toward helping Republicans hold on to both chambers of Congress at $113 million, Bloomberg reported. The donation was to the Senate Leadership Fund, a super PAC with ties to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

That total surpasses the $82.6 million the couple spent on the 2016 cycle. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackie Calmes‏ @jackiekcalmes

Trump, introducing Sen. Orrin Hatch as a recipient of the Medal of Freedom,the nation's top civilian honor, says: "He liked me right from the beginning and that's why I like him."

10:42 AM - 16 Nov 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

How do you buy the nation's highest civilian honor?

Conservative megadonors Sheldon Adelson and Miriam Adelson have doled out more than $100 million to aid Republicans in the midterm election, far outpacing their giving during the 2016 presidential cycle.

A new $25 million donation puts the billionaire benefactors’ total spending toward helping Republicans hold on to both chambers of Congress at $113 million, Bloomberg reported. The donation was to the Senate Leadership Fund, a super PAC with ties to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

That total surpasses the $82.6 million the couple spent on the 2016 cycle. 

I bet that George Soros was behind this!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

:mellow:

I have not heard that one before.

I think it's a euphemism for having a big donger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson

It's a slow news day so far, which means we learned Assange has been indicted, Russian spy Butina may be close to a plea deal, Trump is answering questions from Mueller (though he lied about how he's answering them and what perjury is), and the press beat the White House in court

11:14 AM - 16 Nov 2018

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, roadkill1292 said:

One of the products that Matt Whitaker's old company, World Patent Marketing, was pitching and is now being investigated for was a specially designed toilet for well endowed gentlemen.

Man, Donald's administration keeps giving us joke material here for decades. 

Comments to that article are worth reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bananafish said:

Did we know this already?

EPA official arrested on felony ethics charges in Alabama

Quote

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration’s top environmental official for the Southeast was arrested Thursday on criminal ethics charges in Alabama reported to be related to a scheme to help a coal company avoid paying for a costly toxic waste cleanup. Trey Glenn, 47, was briefly booked into a county jail in Birmingham before being released on a $30,000 bond. Glenn was appointed in August 2017 to serve as chief of the Environmental Protection Agency’s regional office in Atlanta, which oversees operations in eight states stretching from the Carolinas to Mississippi.

I read this earlier and I just blinked. It's amazing this guy got confirmed. He previously had a history of getting busted for unethical behavior. It's astounding this person anywhere near government. He shouldn't have been running an animal shelter much less being regional director for EPA.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Trump has been asking aides and advisers whether they think Mike Pence is loyal, NYT reports. Trump has repeated the question so much he has alarmed advisers.

Trump has openly suggested dropping Pence from the 2020 ticket and picking another running mate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/mike-pence-trump-administration.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I read this earlier and I just blinked. It's amazing this guy got confirmed. He previously had a history of getting busted for unethical behavior. It's astounding this person anywhere near government. He shouldn't have been running an animal shelter much less being regional director for EPA.

You can say the same for Trump/Presidency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

You can say the same for Trump/Presidency.

I look at this Glenn character, and then Zinke and Pruitt and Whitaker - who was Chief of Staff to the AG and now AG (!) - and I wonder how many of these grifters are floating around in the Trump administration.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I look at this Glenn character, and then Zinke and Pruitt and Whitaker - who was Chief of Staff to teh AG and now AG (!) - and I wonder how many of these grifters are floating around in the Trump administration.

I assume 90% of the administration. The other 10% are just maybes - guys like Kelly, McMaster. I don't know what their angle is, but they've willingly signed up to get the slime on them, so I'm more likely to believe they're compromised in some way than not.

Edited by Gr00vus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump has been asking aides and advisers whether they think Mike Pence is loyal, NYT reports. Trump has repeated the question so much he has alarmed advisers.

Trump has openly suggested dropping Pence from the 2020 ticket and picking another running mate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/mike-pence-trump-administration.html

Why would Trump even question that?  Pence practically drools when he speaks of Trump. I think he wears his picture in a locket around his neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I look at this Glenn character, and then Zinke and Pruitt and Whitaker - who was Chief of Staff to the AG and now AG (!) - and I wonder how many of these grifters are floating around in the Trump administration.

Its a feature, not a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Why would Trump even question that?  Pence practically drools when he speaks of Trump. I think he wears his picture in a locket around his neck.

That’s my perception as well.   I’d guess that Pence is getting backstabbed by other people close to Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

That’s my perception as well.   I’d guess that Pence is getting backstabbed by other people close to Trump.

Nooooo. That can't be! Those fine, upstanding gentlemen (and women)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:
46 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump has been asking aides and advisers whether they think Mike Pence is loyal, NYT reports. Trump has repeated the question so much he has alarmed advisers.

Trump has openly suggested dropping Pence from the 2020 ticket and picking another running mate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/mike-pence-trump-administration.html

Why would Trump even question that?

Because he's afraid that Pence won't pardon him.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like these quotes about Trump answering Mueller's questions.   He can't manage to refrain from lying for more than two or three consecutive sentences.

Quote

"I've answered them very easily. I'm working on them,” he told reporters at the White House, before stressing that his lawyers weren't writing the responses.

"You always have to be careful answering questions for people who probably have bad intentions," Trump added. “I haven't submitted them yet. I just finished them.”

Trump, who on Thursday slammed the special counsel investigationas a "total mess" that has "gone absolutely nuts," said those posts were "not at all" triggered by anything.

"I'm not agitated. It's a hoax. The whole thing is a hoax," he said. "I'm very happy with the White House."

statement (with self-aggrandizement).   contradictory statement.   

criticism.   statement.  lie.

lie.  lie (with criticism).  lie (with criticism).   irrelevant statement (probably also a lie).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Why would Trump even question that?  Pence practically drools when he speaks of Trump. I think he wears his picture in a locket around his neck.

I don't think Pence is actually loyal, he's just an opportunist.  I'm expecting  Ivanka as the VP nominee in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shark Week said:

I bet that George Soros was behind this!

lol  Was going to post "Boy, that Soros sure is sneaky". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banger said:

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson

It's a slow news day so far, which means we learned Assange has been indicted, Russian spy Butina may be close to a plea deal, Trump is answering questions from Mueller (though he lied about how he's answering them and what perjury is), and the press beat the White House in court

11:14 AM - 16 Nov 2018

Lol seriously..,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [scooter] said:
6 hours ago, JuniorNB said:
7 hours ago, squistion said:

Trump has been asking aides and advisers whether they think Mike Pence is loyal, NYT reports. Trump has repeated the question so much he has alarmed advisers.

 Trump has openly suggested dropping Pence from the 2020 ticket and picking another running mate.

 https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/politics/mike-pence-trump-administration.html

Why would Trump even question that?

Because he's afraid that Pence won't pardon him.

Based on this I forecast a VP from the comments section at Breitbart. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, proninja said:

Based on this I forecast a VP from the comments section at Breitbart. 

Probably promised  Graham he could be his VP in 2020

Edited by lazyike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mile High said:

We can't even get the money to fix our infrastructure, but we are going to pay to have people clean clear millions of acres of forest. 

Ought to bring in Bush. Remember how he liked to go to his ranch in Texas all the time to "clear brush?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lazyike said:

The fires were caused by poor forest management. Therefore, my solution is to cut federal funds. Let’s just think about this for a minute....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I read this earlier and I just blinked. It's amazing this guy got confirmed. He previously had a history of getting busted for unethical behavior. It's astounding this person anywhere near government. He shouldn't have been running an animal shelter much less being regional director for EPA.

Swamp the drain!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, proninja said:

Based on this I forecast a VP from the comments section at Breitbart. 

We already have a President from the comments section at Breitbart. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

The fires were caused by poor forest management. Therefore, my solution is to cut federal funds. Let’s just think about this for a minute....

Firefighting and forest management expert President Trump is enroute to California to tell them what they must do to prevent tragedies like the Camp fire from happening again. Should be very well received by California officials. :hot:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Firefighting and forest management expert President Trump is enroute to California to tell them what they must do to prevent tragedies like the Camp fire from happening again. Should be very well received by California officials. :hot:

Bill Maher‏ @billmaher 7h7 hours ago

Trump is coming to California to check on the wildfire situation. He says he can relate because, last Tuesday, he also lost a House.

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1063696942776037377

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we go ahead and write his speech to the firefighters now? It's just going to be a variation on his greatest hits:

- "Many people did not know that this fire was caused by power lines."
- "This is the deadliest fire ever. It was huge."
- "How can you identify bodies when they are burned beyond recognition? That's amazing."
- "Firefighters love me. The police love me. ICE loves me. Did you know that ICE endorsed me for president?"
- "California is a blue state. So I don't pay much attention to it."
- "California used to be a Republican state. Many people did not know that. But you got all those illegal immigrants crossing the border and committing voter fraud, and suddenly it's a blue state."
- "Did you know that we gained 2 seats in the Senate? First time that's ever happened. It was a historic victory."
- "Maxine 'Low IQ' Waters is from California. Did you know that? She is. I call her 'Low IQ' because she is not very smart. Not very smart."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"this may be the biggest fire ever, from the standpoint of flame"

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

"this may be the biggest fire ever, from the standpoint of flame"

Very hot...very very hot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Plorfu said:

"Where's the dogs with the spots all over them? I don't see any."

"That evil lady must have taken them. She'll pay."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now