Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

4 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You seemed very upset. This is the second time you've come running into this thread whining about one post I made a year ago at a different site. Do you have a point? Or do you just like coming in and starting with anyone who opposes your viewpoints?

What? It wasn't a year ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, JuniorNB said:

You should report me and see if Joe would have a problem with something I said a year ago on a different site.  I can't believe your feathers are so ruffled. What's that word you guys like to throw around? Snowflake is it?

A year ago... :lmao:

• Like 1

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump18m18 minutes ago

The House of Representatives seeks contempt citations(?) against the JusticeDepartment and the FBI for withholding key documents and an FBI witness which could shed light on surveillance of associates of Donald Trump. Big stuff. Deep State. Give this information NOW! @FoxNews

The highlighted is, to me, the most troublesome part of the tweet. It's an implicit acknowledgement that Trump views Fox News as a direct media arm of his administration. People in this thread, earlier today, were downplaying the notion that we've got an administration engaging in state propaganda the likes of which we've never seen in the U.S. Yet here we are a few hours later with yet another confirmation that this is indeed the case. It needs to stop, and there need to be repercussions for this. Its anathema to fundamental aspects of a functioning democracy.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, BeaverCleaver said:

What? It wasn't a year ago. 

It seems like you keep a diary of me. Which is interesting cuz I have no idea who you are and I've never heard of you before. But at any rate, I don't know the date but I'm sure that you do.  I'm sorry I hurt you so much. Get well soon

Edited by JuniorNB

1 minute ago, Gr00vus said:

The highlighted is, to me, the most troublesome part of the tweet. It's an implicit acknowledgement that Trump views Fox News as a direct media arm of his administration. People in this thread, earlier today, were downplaying the notion that we've got an administration engaging in state propaganda the likes of which we've never seen in the U.S. Yet here we are a few hours later with yet another confirmation that this is indeed the case. It needs to stop, and there need to be repercussions for this. Its anathema to fundamental aspects of a functioning democracy.

Agreed. If there was anyone left in this world who took Fox News seriously as a news organization, they should be second-guessing that as of tonight.

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

It seems like you keep a diary of me. Which is interesting cuz I have no idea who you are and I've never heard of you before. But at any rate, I don't know the date but I'm sure that you do.  I'm sorry I hurt you so much. Get well soon

No diary...It's common knowledge for anyone that goes to FF Today that you got perma banned a few months ago for comments about Trump being killed. And you seem proud of it. That is messed up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The General said:

Trumpfans are are obsessed with the report button.

There is a certain segment of posters here that report posts all the time.Believe me , all the time

• Like 1

Isn't there a separate moderation thread? Shouldn't all this whining and finger pointing be happening there?

Edited to answer my own question. Yes, there kind of is, and yes it kind of should.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Even if we begin to right the ship in '18 and '20...I struggle to see how we as a country fully come back from this. It's probably over the top to think this way but how has the bar for American politicians not been permanently lowered?

Trump does or says something every other day that would have neutered and sank an Obama or Hillary presidency...hell, maybe even a Bush presidency.

Any one of these scandals, investigations, public slip-ups or missteps would have become the #1 story in America and enraged the majority of people for months. Trump has slowly worn down some people's expectations on the one hand, and their trust in the media on the other hand, to the point where we are so far below the previous bar we couldn't look up and see it with a telescope. It feels impossible that Trump has only been in office for less than a year, so much about this country and what makes it good feels like it has already been changed and ruined. I don't know how we fully bounce back from the massive slump in morals, ethics, and expectations we see right now.

It definitely makes the office look like a joke. Things are constantly moving forward though and ultimately get better in this country though IMO.

There is the occasional hiccup (or in this case a shart) but if you step back and look things are always improving and it’s way bigger than one man.

2 minutes ago, BeaverCleaver said:

No diary...It's common knowledge for anyone that goes to FF Today that you got perma banned a few months ago for comments about Trump being killed. And you seem proud of it. That is messed up.

I'm not proud of it. I didn't bring it up, you did. I have to admit though, I am a little proud that some dude I don't even know and never heard of is obsessed with something I said 6 months ago (please list the exact date.  I'd hate to be wrong again) on a different message board.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BeaverCleaver said:

FF Today is still around? That place was dying when I left there over 10 years ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

There is a certain segment of posters here that report posts all the time.Believe me , all the time

That’s a shame to me but in my experience with timeouts they are pretty fair. Sometimes you just gotta take your lumps. 

For the most part people vent in here and that’s it. Great place to complain about politics. 

10 hours ago, jonessed said:

I don’t pop in here much...

Likely why the forum is still up and running.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, The General said:

It definitely makes the office look like a joke. Things are constantly moving forward though and ultimately get better in this country though IMO.

There is the occasional hiccup (or in this case a shart) but if you step back and look things are always improving and it’s way bigger than one man.

Assuming there's still a Western alliance to realign with, I don't think there will be permanent foreign policy ramifications.  Diplomacy is always based in self-interest and there are still long-standing mutual benefits from realignment with a massive military power and trade partner.

Tillerson's dismantling of the State Dept. is more troubling and will take more doing to reverse.  The US has historically not done a great job of building relationships in the developing world but gutting the foreign service isn't going to help.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

It's an implicit acknowledgement that Trump views Fox News as a direct media arm of his administration. 

I mean.....isn't it?

• Like 2

Remember when Susan Rice, knowingly or not, said the Benghazi attack was spontaneious as opposed to planned.  That little nugget was ascribed this monumental importance and investigated for five years where they found nothing.

Seems so cute now.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, The General said:

I don't think there will be permanent long-term ramifications in terms of the presidency.  That is to say, I don't think the next president will be as egregiously embarrassing as Trump.  Most politicians, as slimy as they may be, can at least compose themselves or put together a sentence without attempting to offend massive groups of people.

That said, I don't think we will ever come back from the erosion of trust in the media.  I don't blame this on Trump, though he's certainly made it worse with his constant hammering of "fake news".  You look at countries with state-run propaganda media and counter media sources and no, we're not there, but we're inching closer every day.  Everyone has an opinion, but there used to be a day when most Americans trusted certain news sources.  Even Walter Cronkite would be "fake news" today.  There's such a large segment of the population that doesn't trust legitimate, sourced, researched, honest journalism, and I just don't think we're ever coming back from that, especially given that the news media gets more fractured every day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

Remember when Susan Rice, knowingly or not, said the Benghazi attack was spontaneious as opposed to planned.  That little nugget was ascribed this monumental importance and investigated for five years where they found nothing.

Seems so cute now.

Remember when Howard Dean was running for president and won the first primary and he gave out a crazy Shout and everybody thought he was a little too nutsy and 'out there' to be our president?

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Assuming there's still a Western alliance to realign with, I don't think there will be permanent foreign policy ramifications.  Diplomacy is always based in self-interest and there are still long-standing mutual benefits from realignment with a massive military power and trade partner.

Tillerson's dismantling of the State Dept. is more troubling and will take more doing to reverse.  The US has historically not done a great job of building relationships in the developing world but gutting the foreign service isn't going to help.

Environmentally also a complete disaster but these things will pass. Even this nitwit president can’t wreck this, he’ll just drag the hull across the reef for a few years. 

We aren’t perfect by any means but who would be wielding the power that we have. 

The lasting effects are from a combo of the 2008 financial meltdown and the election of Trump.

We are all just sheep waiting to be sheared.  

Also, the U.S. seems so ordinary now.

10 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I don't think there will be permanent long-term ramifications in terms of the presidency.  That is to say, I don't think the next president will be as egregiously embarrassing as Trump.  Most politicians, as slimy as they may be, can at least compose themselves or put together a sentence without attempting to offend massive groups of people.

That said, I don't think we will ever come back from the erosion of trust in the media.  I don't blame this on Trump, though he's certainly made it worse with his constant hammering of "fake news".  You look at countries with state-run propaganda media and counter media sources and no, we're not there, but we're inching closer every day.  Everyone has an opinion, but there used to be a day when most Americans trusted certain news sources.  Even Walter Cronkite would be "fake news" today.  There's such a large segment of the population that doesn't trust legitimate, sourced, researched, honest journalism, and I just don't think we're ever coming back from that, especially given that the news media gets more fractured every day.

The rest of the countries with some freedom of the press have more sharply defined left and right wing media outlets than we've had.  That's been changing recently but Trump seems to have accelerated the trend.  I think the pendulum will swing back to a degree but there's still chance of further descent into chaos. 

The size of the US has historically made it difficult for national partisan media but the death of the daily newspaper has largely dealt local players out of the game.  But the narrowing of traditional sources has been counteracted by the explosion of Internet content.  They lack the ability (or in many cases the interest) to fact-check, corroborate with multiple source and not fabricate stories and are here to stay I'm afraid.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I hear what you are saying and it’s scary as hell.  Trump lives off the things you described though, the next person won’t be a lunatic. There will be shift back to normalcy. This is an abberation.

:fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Hopefully more people do - Joe has asked for people to use it.  We need to get the bad hombres out of here.

2 hours ago, BeaverCleaver said:

It is pathetic seeing some people defending people that want to see the President killed.

I'm not defending him.  I don't support any world leaders being assassinated.  Would prefer even the worst ones be brought to justice and rot in a prison cell.  One of the things that stuck with me the most about Clinton, and one of the reasons I didn't vote for her was her gleeful reaction to Gaddafi being killed.  

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

I hope this is worth two minutes of your time to watch and listen what was said before Trump made his "joke."

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/935703126392291328

@RBM

That was great. What a cool guy. 

Completely agree with his take which is almost identical to that of Pres Trump.  I'm actually shocked you'd be ok with that nationalist stance. Figured way too patriotic for you. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McJose said:

Somebody explain this to like I only watch FoxNews.

The DOJ is defending against Freedom Of Information Act requests with a “GloMar response”: “we can neither confirm nor deny that responsive documents exist but if they did they’d be so important to national secrecy and security that we can’t provide them.”

President Trump tonight admitted they exist and they’re not important enough for secrecy and security to keep classified and confidential by calling for them to be released.  He is in charge of the DOJ.

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, McJose said:

The DOJ is being run by the Deep State.  At the direction of the Deep State, the DOJ is withholding evidence that proves that Trump was illegally surveilled.  The DOJ should release that evidence.  But keep in mind that the evidence absolutely, 100%, without-a-doubt, does NOT corroborate anything in the dodgy dossier.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The DOJ is defending against Freedom Of Information Act requests with a “GloMar response”: “we can neither confirm nor deny that responsive documents exist but if they did they’d be so important to national secrecy and security that we can’t provide them.”

President Trump tonight admitted they exist and they’re not important enough for secrecy and security to keep classified and confidential by calling for them to be released.  He is in charge of the DOJ.

Ah thanks.

Whata maroon.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, McJose said:

Ah thanks.

Whata maroon.

Yeah, I’m not familiar with the case but if it’s about what it seems to be about this is basically OJ writing “how I did it” and publishing it the day before he testified.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, RBM said:

That was great. What a cool guy. 

Completely agree with his take which is almost identical to that of Pres Trump.  I'm actually shocked you'd be ok with that nationalist stance. Figured way too patriotic for you. 

Donald Trump isn't fit to be in the same room with that man and he stands for diametrically opposite principles.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 5

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Donald Trump isn't fit to be in the same room with that man and he stands for diametrically opposite principles.

Disagree with that take obviously. 

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Disagree with that take obviously. 

Yeah obviously. I visited the WW2 Museum today with my Uncle, he's a Bronze Star winner and he volunteers twice a week there in his 90s. Let's say I feel passionately about the subject.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Yeah, I’m not familiar with the case but if it’s about what it seems to be about this is basically OJ writing “how I did it” and publishing it the day before he testified.

We had a guest speaker last year.  He had been a principal for years. He told a story about how he had a special technique for getting kids to admit doing something after swearing they hadn’t done anything. 

Two kids had been sent to the office after being accused of writing a bunch of profanity on the handball wall.  They, of course, denied it to the teacher that sent them up.  

The principal calls them into his office and says “Boys, first thing I need to know you is if any of the little 2nd and 3rd graders saw you do it. Because that would be really bad.”

“Oh no.  There weren’t any little kids around.”

• Like 9

2 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Remember when Howard Dean was running for president and won the first primary and he gave out a crazy Shout and everybody thought he was a little too nutsy and 'out there' to be our president?

He got slaughtered in that primary. That's why he gave the goofy dean scream speech. 

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump18m18 minutes ago

The House of Representatives seeks contempt citations(?) against the JusticeDepartment and the FBI for withholding key documents and an FBI witness which could shed light on surveillance of associates of Donald Trump. Big stuff. Deep State. Give this information NOW! @FoxNews

This is the part of the movie where the guys in the white shirts come and take the main character away while he's kicking and screaming.

Edited by [scooter]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, McJose said:

See Don. 

Run, Don, run! 

See Rob. 

Get Don, Rob, get Don! 

See Don talk.  

Hillary! Banghazi! Uranium! 

See Rob go to court and prove that the US president is a lying, traitorous sack of crap that cares nothing about his country as long as it personally enriches Don. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

See Don. 

Run, Don, run! 

See Rob. 

Get Don, Rob, get Don! 

See Don talk.  

Hillary! Banghazi! Uranium! 

See Rob go to court and prove that the US president is a lying, traitorous sack of crap that cares nothing about his country as long as it personally enriches Don. 

Resign, Don, resign! 

5 hours ago, Steve Tasker said:

I think we will. The worst generation we've ever had in the boomers will die off. Fake news is a relatively new phenomenon. The new generations are a smart bunch and will figure it out. From a bigger picture, this wasn't a huge area of focus for society until very recently. 

9 hours ago, Steve Tasker said:

10 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

It's an implicit acknowledgement that Trump views Fox News as a direct media arm of his administration. 

I mean.....isn't it?

Actually, I was thinking the administration is an arm of Fox News.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If we just call the crisis something else and then pretend it's not happening any more, voila! 

Who better for that role than KAC?

She looks a bit haggard, so she'll fit right in

6 minutes ago, msommer said:

As an aside, I thought Kushner had this role?

He's too involved with the Russians to be a Czar.