What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure a week has gone by where he hasn't said something or done something that makes this country ... lesser.  And this is just the type of thing we've totally grown accustomed to.  When I heard on the radio he had tweeted about Gillibrand, I fully expected it would be something like this.  
I'm pretty sure Democrats are happy for him to attack her.  She's frankly everything the party is about these days and the more Trump focuses on her over Pelosi, the worse it is for him.   I'm also thankful that Trump is too stupid to realize that these juvenile attacks work a whole lot better when he's picking on men when they were on equal footing with him and just fall flat (besides to the diehard base) at best when he attacks women or someone not on equal footing.  By demeaning Gillibrand, he amplifies and lends credence to her message (or Warren) while making himself even a smaller and more pitiful person. 

I'm really interested to hear responses from her Republican colleagues in the Senate. Obviously the Turtle will say something weasely. 

I smell a 31% in Trump's near future.
This got me thinking what the low point for presidents approval ratings

• FDR: 65% approval 12/15/1943 | 83% approval 01/23/1942
  • Harry Truman: 22% approval 02/09/1952 | 91% approval 08/22/1945
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower 47% approval 03/25/1958 | 77% approval 11/17/1955
  • John F. Kennedy: 56% approval 09/10/1963 | 83% approval 04/28/1961
  • Lyndon B. Johnson: 34% approval 08/07/1968 | 79% approval 02/28/1964
  • Richard Nixon: 22% approval 01/02/1974 | 64% approval 11/12/1969
  • Gerald R. Ford: 37% approval 01/07/1975 | 70% approval 08/13/1974
  • Jimmy Carter: 28% approval 10/02/1979 | 74% approval 03/15/1977
  • Ronald Reagan: 35% approval 01/28/1983 | 71% approval 01/29/1986
  • George Bush: 29% approval 09/24/1992 | 86% approval 01/24/1991
  • William Jefferson Clinton: 36% approval 06/05/1993 | 71% approval 12/15/2000
  • George W. Bush: 25% approval 10/31/2008 | 89% approval 10/11/2001
  • Barack Obama: 38% approval 09/02/2014 | 69% approval 01/22/2009
  • Donald Trump: 34% approval 11/30/2017 | 46% approval 01/22/2017

Interesting things I noticed

1. Most presidents start off with higher approvals then by the end of their time in office that number has fallen.  Exceptions are Reagan and Clinton.
  2. Trump has a lower high than anyone. Usually this goes down over the term of a presidency and short of a war or national tragedy this probably won't be exceeded.
  3. 5 of the 14 listed presidents have all seen approvals in the 20s. 
  4. Excluding, due to the fact he has not completed his term, only Obama and Nixon had never been in the 70s for approval.
  5. The greatest difference between low and high approval is 69% with Truman.  That fall occurred over 6 1/2 years.
  6. FDR and Kennedy are the only presidents to not have recorded any less that 50% approvals.  However approval was only tracked for only the last 2 1/2 years of FDRs 12 years in office and obviously JFK was assassinated before completing his first term.
  7. The 3 highest highs were all related to wartime and/or attacks.

• Truman's high (91%) was just 2 weeks after the atomic bombs were dropped.
    • GWB high (89%) was just one month after 9-11. 
    • George Bush high (86%) was one week after Operation Desert Storm started.  

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=35&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

Last edited by a moderator:
So disgusting, so shameful. We’ll see how any of the women working for him, like Sarah Sanders, react. Probably they’ll defend it like they always do. 
You really think any of that matters to any of them? Stop trying to think anyone there is going to suddenly grow morals or a backbone. That's a huge part of the problem we have when dealing with this administration. People keep trying to normalize them or hoping they will be normalized. They won't. It's done. Pointless to hope for something that clearly will never occur. These folks went All In a long time ago.

I would never used the Mavs as an obvious reference to rodman. If KJU was a fan of a team during that period, there are much better references to use as a de facto correlation to rodman.
Who said I was trying to be obvious?  I used the Mavs because I knew it was "obscure."  KJU is a weird dude, plus I could see all the castoff Dallas Rodman jerseys winding up in Pyongyang, or something.  Maybe he used them as pajamas.  Turned one into a pillow.  Who knows?

If you'd like, you can insert "San Antonio" for "Dallas" in the scenario if that helps.

This Joe Rogan clip might give some insight. Rodman
Thanks.  So, it really is just about Rodman being sorta nutty? (at least according to Corgan)  I suppose that make's sense, Occam's Razor and all, but I still sorta wonder how they got in front of each other that first time.  Kim's people called the Worm's people?  Vice versa?  I just find it all very odd....but it's Rodman, soooo there's that.

Mika on Morning Joe: "That tweet said so much about his character"

https://www.facebook.com/MorningJoe/?hc_ref=ARQst-SgOF0KaiefXlBw39h4JJiW3CWAnasa6FF-elfxvp5dKt71WY8RtUvQhZ_NVkw&fref=nf

“You treat women like punching bags because it’s fun for you because you are intimidated by women.” – Mika on Trump’s latest tweet on Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Watch:  http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/mika-brzezinski-tears-into-president-trump-over-sen-gillibrand-tweet-1114647619659?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_mj

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

8:03 AM - Dec 12, 2017
When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.

My sister in law is a Trump supporter but I think it's only because of her boyfriend.  He's a huge Trump supporter and is pretty far right.  She told me the other day that she likes Trump and think that he's funny.  She loves all the stupid crap he says.  It blows my mind that that is acceptable for our President.  That a woman would be alright with what he says and how he treats others.  I honestly think if she didn't have her boyfriend that she would hate Trump though.  She's been brainwashed.
My in-laws, who are business owners making good money, have fallen back on the "I don't care about the other stuff; he's making me a ton in the stock market so I have no problem with him." Then they shut down if you try to discuss it.*

* It being both whether 1) he's even responsible for the bull market we're in; and 2) if he is, whether the long-term social impacts make it worth it.  

My in-laws, who are business owners making good money, have fallen back on the "I don't care about the other stuff; he's making me a ton in the stock market so I have no problem with him." Then they shut down if you try to discuss it.*

* It being both whether 1) he's even responsible for the bull market we're in; and 2) if he is, whether the long-term social impacts make it worth it.  
I'm curious about folks like this.  So, when the market corrects (and it will) are they all just jumping right off ship immediately?  If the market is the only plus on 45's ledger and it tanks, will they give him the blame as quickly as they're giving him the credit?

My sister in law is a Trump supporter but I think it's only because of her boyfriend.  He's a huge Trump supporter and is pretty far right.  She told me the other day that she likes Trump and think that he's funny.  She loves all the stupid crap he says.  It blows my mind that that is acceptable for our President.  That a woman would be alright with what he says and how he treats others.  I honestly think if she didn't have her boyfriend that she would hate Trump though.  She's been brainwashed.
I told a story a few months ago about meeting some people in Iowa who feel the exact same way as the bolded. Older gentleman who loves Trump and thinks he's hilarious and loves how people get upset about things he says. Thinks that's great for our country.

Other than moving away from him real slowly I had no other reaction to it.

But that's where we are right now. Gonna take a long time to climb out of the hill we all got put in when Trump won.  

So that USED part at the end of the tweet.....what is that supposed to mean exactly?

Something tells me he wouldn't have used that phrase if he was referring to a man.

Understatement of the day:

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 3h

Seems like Gillibrand’s call for Trump to resign has gotten under Trump’s skin.

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

8:03 AM - Dec 12, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about folks like this.  So, when the market corrects (and it will) are they all just jumping right off ship immediately?  If the market is the only plus on 45's ledger and it tanks, will they give him the blame as quickly as they're giving him the credit?
I know people like that here in Wisconsin. Best part is when you tell them how good the market was under Obama they have no counter response. They just rattle off more Trump nonsense and pretend nothing good happened in the previous eight years. 

I'm merely speculating here, but I think, at least for my brother-in-law, he'll simply say something like "it's good while it lasted but it couldn't last forever and he made me a ton, I don't blame him, hopefully he can turn it back around before somebody else gets elected." 

I'm merely speculating here, but I think, at least for my brother-in-law, he'll simply say something like "it's good while it lasted but it couldn't last forever and he made me a ton, I don't blame him, hopefully he can turn it back around before somebody else gets elected." 
Probably a pretty reasonable guess for how most people using the market as a defense for 45 will react.

I think we reached a saturation point with the disgusting things Trump says a while back.  No matter how offensive and no matter how repulsive he is, there is a significant segment of the American public that will excuse it as funny, non-PC, locker room talk.  This is especially true when his comments are made on Twitter as it is viewed by that segment as a form of entertainment - not an official line of communication (I believe that question is being litigated).  Another boorish tweet that essentially calls a sitting a Senator a ho is just affirmation for both those who find it awful and those who find it entertaining.

And put me in the camp that finds it awful.  Gillibrand should double down on her resignation comments.  

Richard Yeselson‏ @yeselson 41m41 minutes ago

Basically, Trump accused a female senator and possible presidential candidate of being willing to exchange having sex with him in return for a campaign contribution.

It’s a measure of how endlessly grotesque he is that this isn’t even the biggest political story of the day.

Richard Yeselson‏ @yeselson 41m41 minutes ago

Basically, Trump accused a female senator and possible presidential candidate of being willing to exchange having sex with him in return for a campaign contribution.

It’s a measure of how endlessly grotesque he is that this isn’t even the biggest political story of the day.
Or one of the Top 25 worst things he's said or done. Might not even crack the Top 50. 

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 22m22 minutes ago

Gillibrand’s response to Trump: “It was a sexist smear. It’s intended to silence me. It’s not going to silence me or the women who have stood up to him.”

Gillibrand says there should be a calls congressional investigation of the allegations against Trump: “It’s the right thing to do. These allegations should be investigated and they should be investigated thoroughly.”

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/940617364164497410

Elijah E. Cummings‏ @RepCummings 15m

@realDonaldTrump: I call on you to issue an apology to @SenGillibrand immediately, take down this tweet, halt your efforts to silence women who speak out, and stop degrading the Office of the Presidency.”

Elizabeth Warren‏ @SenWarren 37m

Are you really trying to bully, intimidate and slut-shame @SenGillibrand? Do you know who you're picking a fight with? Good luck with that, @realDonaldTrump. Nevertheless, #shepersisted.

I told a story a few months ago about meeting some people in Iowa who feel the exact same way as the bolded. Older gentleman who loves Trump and thinks he's hilarious and loves how people get upset about things he says. Thinks that's great for our country.

Other than moving away from him real slowly I had no other reaction to it.

But that's where we are right now. Gonna take a long time to climb out of the hill we all got put in when Trump won.  
Anytime I try to bring up how terrible he is they always defend him by bringing up the stock market and unemployment numbers.  That can't be the only base to defend Trump right now.  It's so incredibly obvious that he is not solely responsible for those numbers.

So we are back to...he just isn’t PC as a defense?
Serious question, I've seen you and others post ALOT of times asking why people that voted for Trump defend it/him.

Why does this bother you so much? I mean, not a day goes by that this doesn't get posted multiple times. 

If someone voted for/supports Trump...who cares why? It's their problem. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread