Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

A politician running the CIA. What could possibly go wrong?

5 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

Please dial back the shots and whines at each other and keep it to the topic. 

Really.

Maybe you should ban me again for my free speech right to call the current President an idiot here on these boards. Mind you, I don't go around in any thread here calling any other posters names. Nor do I whine about other posters. Nor do I throw digs or shots around. But, I reserve the right to disparage our current elected public officials. Especially when they are in fact idiots. Which just happens to be on topic. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ruffrodys05 said:

my free speech right to call the current President an idiot here on these boards

:loco:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

He only hires the BEST people.

Reuters Top News‏Verified account @Reuters

FollowFollow @Reuters

More

BREAKING: White House has plan to replace Secretary of State Tillerson with CIA Director Pompeo within weeks - New York Times

Does this mean we will see the suicide pact?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

Curious what you're referring to here, as I don't see a single post that takes a shot at another poster in the last 12 hours of this thread. I assume I'm missing something?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Curious what you're referring to here, as I don't see a single post that takes a shot at another poster in the last 12 hours of this thread. I assume I'm missing something?

Maybe it's a robo-PSA...:shrug:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dutch said:

Maybe it's a robo-PSA...:shrug:

I honestly don't know what it is, but it's the second bizarre warning from the FBG Mod account in the last 24 hours.  Yesterday someone was warned against calling the president an "idiot" for using weird grammar in a tweet about Democratic leaders, which seems incredibly mild.

We're guests of the site here, we don't have a right to post. I get that and I want to comply with their wishes. Just finding it tough to figure out what @Joe Bryant and the gang are asking of us.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

A politician running the CIA. What could possibly go wrong?

The current director is a former congressman. And there have been several others who served in this role who were previously politicians of some sort

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

All politics aside, it's really disheartening that our President is so negative all the time.

Whining about the Democrats, attacking Muslims, screeching about the press, making fun of "rocket man". Every morning is a new tweetstorm filled with anger and hate.

This is a very unhappy man, and it shows.

Well not ALL the time. He does praise himself quite often. 

21 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Maybe it was stuck in the outbox from 24 hours ago

2 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I imagine his trips to KFC are full of whimsy and he’s euphoric for a short time.

44 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

FollowFollow @Reuters

More

BREAKING: White House has plan to replace Secretary of State Tillerson with CIA Director Pompeo within weeks - New York Times

Payback for calling the boss "effing moron" I guess

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

8 hours ago, AnonymousBob said:

I think we will. The worst generation we've ever had in the boomers will die off. Fake news is a relatively new phenomenon. The new generations are a smart bunch and will figure it out. From a bigger picture, this wasn't a huge area of focus for society until very recently. 

I hope so. I like to think that the Boomers just got caught in the tech age and weren't prepared for it. The internet and social media didn't really take off untill they generally in the "can't teach an old dog new tricks phase" and so they had no sense for what they were doing online. This maybe made them extra susceptible to all the BS on Facebook, blogs, etc. That's just what I hope. The truth I think is that many of their flaws exist with Gen Xers and Millenials as well. 

From a 64-year-old Boomer: The fact that I choose not to wallow in the cesspool that is Facebook does not mean that I don't understand it or that I wasn't prepared for the tech age.  Yeah, when I went to college, Fortran was the hot programming language.  But guess what? My first home computer pre-dated Microsoft and I managed to self-teach enough that I still get calls from Gen Xers and Millenials for help with their tech issues.  It was the Boomers who started this marvelous tech revolution you claim we don't understand, and it's the younger generations who are stupid enough to post their lives online and believe all the garbage they see there.

Now, get off of my lawn!

• Like 10

1 minute ago, apalmer said:

From a 64-year-old Boomer: The fact that I choose not to wallow in the cesspool that is Facebook does not mean that I don't understand it or that I wasn't prepared for the tech age.  Yeah, when I went to college, Fortran was the hot programming language.  But guess what? My first home computer pre-dated Microsoft and I managed to self-teach enough that I still get calls from Gen Xers and Millenials for help with their tech issues.  It was the Boomers who started this marvelous tech revolution you claim we don't understand, and it's the younger generations who are stupid enough to post their lives online and believe all the garbage they see there.

Now, get off of my lawn!

:thumbup:.  FWIW I avoid FB like the plague.  I’m a Gen Xer.

Edited by Osaurus

4 minutes ago, Waingro said:

I did mean to mention that. If he can take credit for something positive, he's all for it.

But it's never us. It's never how we as a country are doing great things. It's always about him getting credit.

In a time when partisanship has never been more severe, the President only wants to fan the flames. That's bad for the country no matter which side you're on, but it will help him. And that's all that matters.

I realize none of this is new, but it's a really unhealthy attitude for a "leader" of 300 million people to have.

51 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

Can we still make fun of how Kelly Anne Conway looks like she's been on a bender for the last twelve years and now she's in charge of drugs?

• Like 1

Just now, Skoo said:

I did mean to mention that. If he can take credit for something positive, he's all for it.

But it's never us. It's never how we as a country are doing great things. It's always about him getting credit.

In a time when partisanship has never been more severe, the President only wants to fan the flames. That's bad for the country no matter which side you're on, but it will help him. And that's all that matters.

I realize none of this is new, but it's a really unhealthy attitude for a "leader" of 300 million people to have.

Glad you put leader in quotes.

50 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

FollowFollow @Reuters

More

Hooray!  Musical department chairs!

7 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Maybe it was stuck in the outbox from 24 hours ago

Title of your sex tape

Just now, Henry Ford said:

Can we still make fun of how Kelly Anne Conway looks like she's been on a bender for the last twelve years and now she's in charge of drugs?

No need to stop now.

29 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Referring to the Beav dropping his devastating news bomb about a FFToday post from months ago.  

You didn't feel the tremor? Guy, my whole bedroom shook.

3 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Now, get off of my lawn!

Obviously we are generalizing. Your tech skills are way in the minority for anyone of any age, but especially a baby boomer. Also, I am not really talking about the nuts and bolts of how to use technology but what to do with it, how it can be manipulated,etc. I am on the oldest edge of millenials but even I had teachers/professors in school teaching how to determine if a website was reliable, etc. Although I think a lot of those skills are just skills that come with education. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Hooray!  Musical department chairs!

Who takes over at CIA? Sheriff Clarke?

6 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

:thumbup:.  FWIW I avoid FB like the plague.  I’m a Gen Xer.

Anyone with good sense should IMO. FB is awful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, massraider said:

The Senate hearing for that should be in pay-per-view 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

In a shocking move, Roy Moore

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

Title of MY sex tape.

12 Inch Shtick is the name of my fantasy football team 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Now, get off of my lawn!

Fortran.  Now that brings back some old school memories.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Joe Arpaio

Or as HF suggested Roy Moore

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Now, get off of my lawn!

If I was on Facebook I would post this to Facebook unironically.

6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Fortran.  Now that brings back some old school memories.  

I had a really nice stack of key-punched cards by the end of my only college computer science course.

22 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I honestly don't know what it is, but it's the second bizarre warning from the FBG Mod account in the last 24 hours.  Yesterday someone was warned against calling the president an "idiot" for using weird grammar in a tweet about Democratic leaders, which seems incredibly mild.

We're guests of the site here, we don't have a right to post. I get that and I want to comply with their wishes. Just finding it tough to figure out what @Joe Bryant and the gang are asking of us.

Perhaps we need a standardized substitute word for "idiot," like maybe "curious." "The President curiously tweeted three times today about former President Obama's birth records." Or maybe make up words like Robin Williams did. "In an incredible burst of shabotzky earlier today, President Trump made racially insensitive jokes about Asian-Americans while addressing a gathering of the remaining veterans of the famed World War II Rainbow Division."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, apalmer said:

I had a really nice stack of key-punched cards by the end of my only college computer science course.

There was this little nerdy guy (he looked like he was 8) that helped all the football players in Computer Science.  He was simply called FORTRAN-MAN.   

• Like 1

New York Times reporting Trump going to fire Tillerson.

If the Times is fake news, this is clearly not going to happen. RIGHT?

37 minutes ago, msommer said:

Joe Arpaio

Or as HF suggested Roy Moore

:lmao: 

Joe Arpaio running the CIA..... yea I could actually see Trump doing that :unsure:

11 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump18m18 minutes

...Big stuff. Deep State. Give this information NOW! @FoxNews

There are a couple ways to look at the SOS/CIA musical chairs development, but IMO one is that Trump is trying to gain control of the government apparatus, which he has had no [expletive] clue whatsoever how to run. I haven't been totally unhappy with Pompeo in that he hasn't seemed to contort the CIA, but otoh he has been weak and feckless, obsequiously refusing to confront the president externally or internally, which is probably why he has become one of his regular advisors and briefers. Problem is Pompeo doesn't do what Trump wants him to, just like Sessions. Tillerson has likewise at times been incompetent and surprising - his critical speech just yesterday or so about Russia as spot on and it came from someone who knows and admires the country. So now suddenly he's gone even as he's leaving State (purposefully) in a shambles, but that wasn't the problem, the problem was his refusal to play a knave for the king and having the rep to do that. Pompeo obviously has no such compunction, and I suspect neither does Cotton, who is obviously very politically ambitious and likely sees this as a step to the upper echelon, where future presidential candidates emerge from. But I think most importantly what Trump wants is information and public pronouncements that bend to his will, the former requiring breaking of veils which traditional democratic institutions don't allow and the latter being the sort of thing which leads to charges of interference obstruction like we saw happen with Comey.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, massraider said:

New York Times reporting Trump going to fire Tillerson.

If the Times is fake news, this is clearly not going to happen. RIGHT?

The only way we can say with 100% certainty that Tillerson is getting fired is if Trump said Tillerson will not be fired.

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

Per the NYT this will be the shortest tenure for a SOS in 120+ years.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Per the NYT this will be the shortest tenure for a SOS in 120+ years.

... and that guy was moving from SOS to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals as a stepping stone to the Supreme Court four years later.

3 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Yea, Rex is toast.

That sucks. He had such a wealth of diplomatic experience in his capacity running an oil company. But he called Trump a moron, and Pompeo is a dip#### tea party guy who recently declared that intelligence investigations concluded that Russian meddling did not effect the outcome of the election. 

Trump doesn't want to fire Tillerson because he knows how bad it will look. He wants to pull his typical "Tillerson insisted on quitting but he doesn't blame me at all!" routine.

:lol:

The Dow just broke 24,000 for the first time (another all-time Record). If the Dems had won the Presidential Election, the Market would be down 50% from these levels

17 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Rex is toast.

I hope Eminem uses this in a rant and rhymes it with "Texas toast".

• Like 2