Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

I don’t recall him wearing those horrible caps all the time prior to campaigning for and becoming President. I’m guessing part of the reason is because there is no way his hair withstands getting on and off Marine One in front of the cameras. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Autumn Wind said:

5 bucks says the presidential limo totally has a bunch of his caps in the back window, grandpa style.

Right next to the yellow sign hanging on the window that says "President on board"

Edited by Banger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Norman Paperman said:

He looks like he is wandering around the grounds of a retirement home, while the aides are out looking for him

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Banger said:

Hey you kids get off my lawn

He looks like a menopausal woman 

Trump’s Transition Team Colluded With Israel. Why Isn’t That News?

To refresh your recollection:

Thanks to Mueller’s ongoing investigation, we now know that prior to President Donald Trump’s inauguration, members of his inner circle went to bat on behalf of Israel, and specifically on behalf of illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories, behind the scenes and in opposition to official U.S. foreign policy. That’s the kind of collusion with a foreign state that has gotten a lot of attention with respect to the Kremlin – but colluding with Israel seems to be of far less interest, strangely.

It’s the kind of collusion with a foreign state that has gotten a lot of attention with respect to the Kremlin — but colluding with Israel seems to be of far less interest, strangely.

Here’s what we learned last week when Mueller’s team unveiled its plea deal with Trump’s former national security adviser, retired Gen. Michael Flynn. In December 2016, the United Nations Security Council was debating a draft resolution that condemned Israeli settlement expansion in the occupied territories as a “flagrant violation under international law” that was “dangerously imperiling the viability” of an independent Palestinian state.

The Obama administration had made it clear that the U.S. was planning to abstain on the resolution, while noting that “the settlements have no legal validity” and observing how “the settlement problem has gotten so much worse that it is now putting at risk the … two-state solution.” (Rhetorically, at least, U.S. opposition to Israeli settlements has been a long-standing and bipartisan position for decades: Ronald Reagan called for “a real settlement freeze” in 1982 while George H.W. Bush tried to curb Israeli settlement-building plans by briefly cutting off U.S. loan guarantees to the Jewish state in 1991.)

So what did members of the Trump team do, as they listened to loud objections to the U.N. resolution from the Netanyahu government while counting down the days till Trump’s inauguration in January 2017?

“On or about December 22, 2016, a very senior member of the Presidential Transition Team directed Flynn to contact officials from foreign governments, including Russia, to learn where each government stood on the resolution and to influence those governments to delay the vote or defeat the resolution,” reads the statement of offense against Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. “On or about December 22, 2016, Flynn contacted the Russian Ambassador about the pending vote. Flynn informed the Russian Ambassador about the incoming administration’s opposition to the resolution, and requested that Russia vote against or delay the resolution.”

• Like 2

19 hours ago, timschochet said:

Here are the facts and figures that jonessed is ignoring: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/548237/

Good article but I had to chuckle at this line -

"Precincts in the state’s Black Belt, the swathe of dark, fertile soil where the African American population is concentrated, long lines were reported throughout the day, and as the night waned and red counties dominated by rural white voters continued to report disappointing results for Moore, votes surged in from urban areas and the Black Belt. By all accounts, black turnout exceeded expectations, perhaps even passing previous off-year results."

I'm sure that's why Alabama calls the area with a high African American population the Black Belt...the soil.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Norman Paperman said:

Whataboutism....yes that’s bad too but they didn’t hack out elections, aren’t an enemy for decades and looking to destroy the US way of life. Not sure why that’s difficult to understand. 

Edited by Banger

14 minutes ago, Banger said:

Whataboutism....yes that’s bad too but they didn’t hack out elections, aren’t an enemy for decades and looking to destroy the US way of life. Not sure why that’s difficult to understand. 

:confused:

The Trump team was actively undermining the sitting President of the United States, and official US policy...

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

12/18/17, 6:23 AM

Remember, Republicans are 5-0 in Congressional Races this year. The media refuses to mention this. I said Gillespie and Moore would lose (for very different reasons), and they did. I also predicted “I” would win. Republicans will do well in 2018, very well! @foxandfriends

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norman Paperman said:

The Trump team was actively undermining the sitting President of the United States, and official US policy...

It's ok though because he was almost President.   

11 minutes ago, Righetti said:

Remember, Republicans are 5-0 in Congressional Races this year. The media refuses to mention this. I said Gillespie and Moore would lose (for very different reasons), and they did. I also predicted “I” would win. Republicans will do well in 2018, very well! @foxandfriends

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

I love how he keeps tagging the media arm of his propaganda machine.  

• Like 3

He’s right about it until he’s wrong.  Then he’ll tell you he predicted the opposite.  Awesome.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Norman Paperman said:

it's bad and under any normal situation would be a huge smoking gun but it happens that there are more serious/dangerous issues to address...who knows Mueller may throw that in as well....

40 minutes ago, Righetti said:

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

I ran for them and supported them even though I knew they would lose and they lost, so I was right...if they won it would be my influence that created their win.....That's how Trump always "wins" he distorts the rules/logic to ensure he wins no matter what...it's certifiable..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Banger said:

it's bad and under any normal situation would be a huge smoking gun but it happens that there are more serious/dangerous issues to address...who knows Mueller may throw that in as well....

Mueller doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is going to forget details like this.  

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20171115/REAL_ESTATE/171119940/the-trump-organization-sees-fortunes-fall

This entire article is delicious. Let's read the whole thing together, shall we?

The Trump Organization’s hotel division in January announced plans for the company’s first New York project since Trump SoHo started rising in 2006. The firm said it had signed a letter of intent with an unidentified party to develop a new Scion hotel here—a less upscale brand than typical Trump hotels. Since then, President Donald Trump’s company said it would open a Scion as well as three budget-priced American Idea hotels in Mississippi. (Whoa, that's exciting!! Lots going on with the old Trump Organization!)

As for the New York Scion project, city officials and rival hotel developers said they were unaware of any progress, and a Trump Hotels spokeswoman said it’s unlikely the city will ever see a Scion or an American Idea hotel. “I don’t believe New York is currently a priority for those brands,” she said. (Oh. Nevermind)

Across the city, these are halcyon days for real estate developers. The largest commercial landlord in Manhattan, SL Green Realty, is building a skyscraper next to Grand Central Terminal, and in September it teamed up with RXR Realty to acquire a nearly 50% stake in Midtown skyscraper Worldwide Plaza for $1.7 billion. The city’s largest developer by market capitalization, Vornado Realty Trust, is transforming the Farley post office building into a waiting room for Penn Station, while its office towers command record rents.

Yet the city’s best-known landlord is missing out. Not only are the Trump Organization’s plans to develop a hotel here going nowhere, but prices are slumping for condos at Trump Tower and the Trump International Hotel and Tower. (Prices slumping for condos on 5th Avenue. Umm, OK)

And golfers are shunning the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx, where revenue through mid-September had fallen by more than $1.1 million in the past two years, to $5.7 million, amid a 16% drop in rounds played.

In addition, the Trump Organization, a perennial leader on the Crain’s list of largest privately held companies, has fallen steeply in the rankings, to No. 40 from No. 3 last year, following the president’s disclosures to federal regulators that revealed the organization’s revenue is less than a 10th of what the firm had reported since at least 2010.  (Yeah, Crain's this is called burying the lead. Basically, Trump has been telling everyone it's 10 inches, when in fact, it's less than an inch.)

Politics partly explain why the Trump Organization has gone quiet in its hometown, where 80% of voters supported Hillary Clinton in last year’s presidential election.

But there are also business reasons. While RXR, Vornado and other companies focus on developing commercial office buildings, Trump historically has specialized in two sectors that appear especially saturated: hotels and luxury condominiums. “There’s been a ton of building of both those things all over the city,” said Jesse Rosenthal, a senior real estate analyst at independent research firm CreditSights. “Regardless of what people think about Trump, the question is: Do we really need more?” (At least one developer is betting the answer is yes.)

The city’s supply of hotel rooms has grown by 50% since 2008, to 115,000, and is expected to reach 142,000 in the next few years, according to a September report by NYC & Co. Meanwhile, 9,000 condo units have been built in Manhattan since the start of 2015, with another 9,000 expected to be completed by 2020, said Jonathan Miller, CEO of appraisal firm Miller Samuel. Half of the apartments that have come on line are unsold, he estimates.

Trump brand losing value

It seems unlikely that the Trump name will appear on any new condominiums soon, because the market for Trump-branded apartments in the city is cooling fast. 

The average price per square foot for a Trump Tower apartment has fallen by 23% since 2015, according to The Wall Street Journal, while prices have held steady at other Midtown towers, excluding new developments. At the Trump International Hotel and Tower on Central Park West, the average price per square foot is down 24%. A spokeswoman, though, told the Journal that the Trump Organization is “incredibly proud of the overall performance that Trump properties continue to achieve.” (She's not proud. She's incredibly proud.)

In addition to grappling with a crowded hotel and condo market and hostile political atmosphere here, several Trump Organization leaders are dealing with federal investigations. Executive Vice President Donald Trump Jr., who runs the family business with brother Eric, has been questioned by Congress over Russian interference in last year’s election.

Michael Cohen, a top Trump Organization lawyer, also was called to appear before Senate investigators about the Russia matter. Special prosecutor Robert Mueller reportedly wants to interview Rhona Graff, a Trump Organization senior vice president and the president’s longtime personal assistant.

Graff was the executive who typically reported Trump Organization revenue figures to Crain’s, which relies on companies to self-report for the list. Last year’s $9.5 billion in revenue reported by the organization looks preposterous in light of federal filings made by the president in the past year. Those indicate the Trump Organization generates between $600 million and $700 million in annual revenue. Neither Graff nor a Trump Organization spokeswoman responded to requests for comment about the discrepancy.

And this is why the president doesn't want tax returns released.  He's been firing off statements that they do 9.5 billion in revenue, and it's not even a billion.  

Happy Monday!  :moneybag:

• Like 9

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, badmojo1006 said:

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 3h

Nicole Hockley, whose son Dylan was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting, slammed Trump

for hosting the head of the NRA on the anniversary of shooting: “He slapped us all in the face...

The appalling lack of humanity and decency has not gone unnoticed.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/365366-sandy-hook-mom-slams-trump-for-hosting-nra-head-on-5th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, massraider said:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20171115/REAL_ESTATE/171119940/the-trump-organization-sees-fortunes-fall

This entire article is delicious. Let's read the whole thing together, shall we?

And this is why the president doesn't want tax returns released.  He's been firing off statements that they do 9.5 billion in revenue, and it's not even a billion.  

Happy Monday!  :moneybag:

funny what happens when Russian money laundering stops propping up the Trump empire.....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

If you’re going to insult someone’s character, please do it with sound reasoning rather than sloppy logic errors.

Supporting Policy X that has Likely Effect Y doesn’t mean supporting Y ... unless you think anyone who believes automobiles should be legal is secretly overjoyed by increased pollution.

Oh, cmon.  

We know what the benefits and detriments of voter ID laws are.  We know, as a fact, that they suppress more legal minority votes than they prevent illegal votes.  There's no logical error in concluding that anyone who supports those laws supports suppressing minority votes.  Because there's no host of countervailing positive effects as with automobiles.  There is only the prospect of preventing a number of illegal votes that are a fraction of the number of legal votes excluded.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Oh, cmon.  

We know what the benefits and detriments of voter ID laws are.  We know, as a fact, that they suppress more legal minority votes than they prevent illegal votes.  There's no logical error in concluding that anyone who supports those laws supports suppressing minority votes.  Because there's no host of countervailing positive effects as with automobiles.  There is only the prospect of preventing a number of illegal votes that are a fraction of the number of legal votes excluded.  

"Preserving the public trust in the voting process [yadda yadda]."

timscochet said that jonessed wants to suppress minority turnout. That's not justified by anything other than the presumed (but not established in the particular exchange in question) support by jonessed for Voter ID laws. That's totally unfair because I'd wager a decent amount that if we ask jonessed why he supports those laws (if he does), his honest answer will not be that he wants to suppress minority turnout. Attributing that motive to him is out of bounds in terms of both etiquette and logic.

1 minute ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

"Preserving the public trust in the voting process [yadda yadda]."

timscochet said that jonessed wants to suppress minority turnout. That's not justified by anything other than the presumed (but not established in the particular exchange in question) support by jonessed for Voter ID laws. That's totally unfair because I'd wager a decent amount that if we ask jonessed why he supports those laws (if he does), his honest answer will not be that he wants to suppress minority turnout. Attributing that motive to him is out of bounds in terms of both etiquette and logic.

Maybe our history with him leaves us less inclined to believe that his contention would be his "honest" answer.  Am I obligated to believe that Donald Trump believes that global warming is a Chinese hoax?  Or that his tax plan will have negative effects on his personal wealth?  Or can I make conclusions based on the overwhelming evidence that his proffered explanation is contrary to evidence and that he's a compulsive liar?

• Like 2

According to the honest folks at Breitbart, Jake Tapper is calling for DT’s assasination.

Warning. This a link to Breitbart

On top of his pathological lying about Trump, the left-wing Tapper often uses what I call “assassination dogwhistles” against the president. What I mean is that the rhetoric is intentionally meant to not only enflame hatred against Trump, but to justify action against him — to portray Trump as such a unique danger to America that taking him out in some way can only be seen as a heroic act of patriotism.

At various times, Tapper has publicly described Trump, the man with his finger on the nuclear button, as dangerously “unmoored,” disturbingly “unhinged,” and worst of all, outright “un-American.”

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Maybe our history with him leaves us less inclined to believe that his contention would be his "honest" answer.  Am I obligated to believe that Donald Trump believes that global warming is a Chinese hoax?  Or that his tax plan will have negative effects on his personal wealth?  Or can I make conclusions based on the overwhelming evidence that his proffered explanation is contrary to evidence and that he's a compulsive liar?

You can draw whatever conclusions you will inside your own head. If those conclusions amount to personal insults against other posters here, you should refrain from expressing them especially if they depend on logically questionable inferences.

39 minutes ago, dozer said:

According to the honest folks at Breitbart, Jake Tapper is calling for DT’s assasination.

On top of his pathological lying about Trump, the left-wing Tapper often uses what I call “assassination dogwhistles” against the president. What I mean is that the rhetoric is intentionally meant to not only enflame hatred against Trump, but to justify action against him — to portray Trump as such a unique danger to America that taking him out in some way can only be seen as a heroic act of patriotism.

At various times, Tapper has publicly described Trump, the man with his finger on the nuclear button, as dangerously “unmoored,” disturbingly “unhinged,” and worst of all, outright “un-American.”

they're the absolute worst....they should go back to finding great candidates like Moore...they are the gift that keeps giving.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

You can draw whatever conclusions you will inside your own head. If those conclusions amount to personal insults against other posters here, you should refrain from expressing them especially if they depend on logically questionable inferences.

My point is that I don't agree with you about it being an illogical inference.  

In any community, people's reputations and histories precede them.  It would be illogical to pretend that any poster just appears out of vacuum so that we have to assume some type of neutral position for every statement.  People can be disingenuous.  In real life and online.   And when we conclude that about a poster's past statements, it is logical to view that poster's current statements through that prism.

To be clear, I don't care how you guys moderate.  If I get a timeout or even a lifetime ban because I've been mean or honest, that's fine.  But I'll still disagree that the statement was logically unsound.  Whether you assume the best or the worst about anyone's motives, you're going to be wrong sometimes.  So it makes sense to not have a global rule about that and instead use your experience to guide your assessment.   Based on my experience, I think tim's assessment was appropriate. You can still warn him if you're determined that type of statement should be punishable.  You're under no obligation to provide a convincing justification.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dozer said:

"Assassination Dogwhistles" is the name of my photorealistic finger paintings exhibition at MOMA next month.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Good article but I had to chuckle at this line -

"Precincts in the state’s Black Belt, the swathe of dark, fertile soil where the African American population is concentrated, long lines were reported throughout the day, and as the night waned and red counties dominated by rural white voters continued to report disappointing results for Moore, votes surged in from urban areas and the Black Belt. By all accounts, black turnout exceeded expectations, perhaps even passing previous off-year results."

I'm sure that's why Alabama calls the area with a high African American population the Black Belt...the soil.  

This is true - it really is a coincidence.  Most of the rest of Alabama is dominated by red, high iron soil.  This is why Birmingham was an iron production dominated city for so long, why we had some of the largest civil war foundries (Tannehill, Briarfield), etc.  And why we have the largest iron ore statue in the world.  The black belt area of the state is demarcated by a large shift in the geology.

Sorry to burst your outrage bubble.  I'm sure it will fill with something else soon, though.

Edited by Sand

1 minute ago, Sand said:

This is true - it really is a coincidence.  Most of the rest of Alabama is dominated by red, high iron soil.  This is why Birmingham was an iron production dominated city for so long, why we had some of the largest civil war foundries (Tannehill, Briarfield), etc.  That area of the state is demarcated by a large shift in the geology.

Sorry to burst your outrage bubble.  I'm sure it will fill with something else soon, though.

Take care.

Jacques

TIL.   Seriously, no outrage here.  Quite the interesting coincidence.  I live in the banana belt which is in northern Michigan.  We are know for either the size of our bananas or a weather oddity.  Or both.  Or maybe we are bananas for living up here.  Not sure.  Maybe two out of the three.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dozer said:

David Dodds like this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dozer said:

"Assassination dogwhistle" is just the kind of phrase angry 4chan professional masturbators will love.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Righetti said:

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

wow

29 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

TIL.   Seriously, no outrage here.  Quite the interesting coincidence.  I live in the banana belt which is in northern Michigan.  We are know for either the size of our bananas or a weather oddity.  Or both.  Or maybe we are bananas for living up here.  Not sure.  Maybe two out of the three.  

Just as a coincidence (again) I happened to live in the banana capital of the world, Ecuador, for a few years.  They have about 20 varieties down there, most of which we never get to taste up here.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Righetti said:

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

He so lives in the moment. Anything he said previous doesn't matter.

Guess which one he tweeted out first.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved in the train accident in DuPont, Washington. Thank you to all of our wonderful First Responders who are on the scene. We are currently monitoring here at the White House.

3 minutes ago, The Indestructible said:

Guess which one he tweeted out first.

Um, gonna say he tweeted out the first one, and somebody with a little bit of humanity took the keys and tweeted out the second one.  

• Like 1

Perhaps if they made infrastructure a priority over that crapass tax reform bill...

(no, it likely wouldn’t have prevented this...just a reminder of their priorities)

Edited by sho nuff

Anyone catch him using two hands to take a sip of water again?  Something isn’t right.  That’s twice he’s done this in plain view in past month.  Either he’s nervous (perhaps, but seems unlikely), trolling Rubio (tantalizing, but not likely), or...its neurological, and he’s hiding a tremor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cobalt_27 said:

Anyone catch him using two hands to take a sip of water again?  Something isn’t right.  That’s twice he’s done this in plain view in past month.  Either he’s nervous (perhaps, but seems unlikely), trolling Rubio (tantalizing, but not likely), or...its neurological, and he’s hiding a tremor.

If your hands were that small, you'd do the same thing.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, dozer said:

Tapper should have just called for the 2nd Amendment people to take care of him.  Breitbart wouldn't have had any issues with that, right?

Edited by apalmer
  • Like 7

Trump's judicial nominee has withdrawn his nomination:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-judicial-nominee-who-struggled-to-answer-basic-questions-pulls-out/2017/12/18/eadf1326-e424-11e7-833f-155031558ff4_story.html?utm_term=.df05ce52eeb5

I heard he was going to withdraw on Friday, but when it came time to sign his name, he forgot it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, cobalt_27 said:

He did again!

Normal man

Obviously there are much more important issues and criticisms. But it will never not be funny to me that this fat, feeble, pathetic old man was chosen by America's self-styled Alpha Males to be their savior.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Normal man

Obviously there are much more important issues and criticisms. But it will never not be funny to me that this fat, feeble, pathetic old man was chosen by America's self-styled Alpha Males to be their savior.

I don’t think it’s unimportant if this new behavior has a neurological basis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cobalt_27 said:

I don’t think it’s unimportant if this new behavior has a neurological basis.

True. But I also don't think it's news that the president's cognitive functions are no longer working as they should.  He slurs his speech, he forgets basic tasks like signing executive orders at ceremonies to sign executive orders, he forgets who is sitting next to him, and let's not forget he fell asleep mid-tweet a while back (covfefe).  Even his most unhinged, angry race-bating rants of the past are clearly the product of a far sharper mind than the one currently in the Oval Office.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

True. But I also don't think it's news that the president's cognitive functions are no longer working as they should.  He slurs his speech, he forgets basic tasks like signing executive orders at ceremonies to sign executive orders, he forgets who is sitting next to him, and let's not forget he fell asleep mid-tweet a while back (covfefe).  Even his most unhinged, angry race-bating rants of the past are clearly the product of a far sharper mind than the one currently in the Oval Office.

As a neuropsychologist, I can say a lot of those behaviors may not be entirely new, are non-specific, and could be attributed to alternative explanations.  But, this *new* behavior is jarring and yield very few alternatives.  So, in combination with the other stuff you noted and we’ve all seen, I think it warrants more attention.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Righetti said:

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

:mellow: