What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of the holiday season let's give them a chance to have a cordial exchange on this matter.

Trump supporters- when you see video of Trump constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf and taking vacations and promising not to do so if he's elected, and then hear about how he plays golf and vacations quite a bit (and more than Obama by a lot), how does it make you feel? 
"Benghazi"
:lmao:

ETA: shown as example of alternate response

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you leader of the free world.  Orders a truck to block the view of him golfing.

Jackass. 
Because if there's no proof of him golfing, then it's like he really wasn't golfing because it can't be proven.  I think that's how SHS or Kelly Ann would spin it, right?  

And over 80 rounds of golf - in his first year in office?  I know insurance agents who don't play that much! 

In the spirit of the holiday season let's give them a chance to have a cordial exchange on this matter.

Trump supporters- when you see video of Trump constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf and taking vacations and promising not to do so if he's elected, and then hear about how he plays golf and vacations quite a bit (and more than Obama by a lot), how does it make you feel? 
My guess: erect

Jason‏ @JasonHalle 20h20 hours ago

Missions of the #FBI:

* Protect USA against foreign intelligence & espionage

* Protect USA against cyber & high-tech crimes

* Combat public corruption at all levels

* Protect civil rights

* Combat transnational criminal organizations

NO WONDER #DonaldTrump DOES NOT LIKE THEM.

knowledge dropper said:
Failing NYT is the original source?   :lmao:   You guys are great.  Let me know what Rachel Maddow says tonight....
I'm returning to this post because President Obama spoke about this today in his interview with Prince Harry- he warned that, increasingly, people are relying on "their own set of facts."

Of all the things that Donald Trump has brought to the forefront, this might be the most dangerous. Essentially Trump's policy is, if he doesn't like something he reads in the news, it's "fake news". The New York Times, known throughout our history as "the paper of record", is not trusted as a source of facts.

How many millions of people share the viewpoint stated by knowledge dropper above? How are we supposed to survive as a free, democratic society if people will only accept facts which agree with their already held point of view?

I've been thinking more and more about my argument with BeaverCleaver and HellToupee this morning. I think the root of the argument, and so many of the arguments that I have with conservatives who defend Donald Trump, comes down to this: Trump supporters want us to accept Trump as part of the normal state of affairs. They want us to accept him as just another conservative President in the age old struggle of conservatives vs. liberals, and all discussions regarding Trump are partisan in nature, with each side having their justifiable point of view: conservatives support Trump, liberals don't. It's all politics, it's all regular routine. And therefore if you attack conservatives who support Trump, if you suggest that they're supporting bigoted behavior, then YOU'RE the one being rude, YOU'RE the one being offensive. Because all they're doing is supporting conservatism the way they always do.

I refuse to accept that. I hold that Donald Trump is a bigot and outside of our traditional conservative-liberal dichotomy. And that forces me to make certain assumptions about people who support President Trump which goes well beyond how I would normally regard a conservative person. If that gets me in trouble here, if some people find that offensive, then I apologize, but I don't know how to see it any other way.

Back to politics.

Trump is going to try and trade DACA for the wall. Democrats won't agree, so DACA isn't going to get done. That's the bottom line as I see it.

Unfortunately for the DACA kids, they're caught between a rock and a hard place here. Democrats know that if DACA does NOT get done, Latinos will blame Republicans. Thus, keeping the DACA issue alive is a winner for Democrats. I think Latinos fully realize that they are being used by Democrats in this manner, and there will be heavy price to pay later. But probably not in 2018.

The Republicans would be super wise to pass DACA anyhow without Trump's wall demands. But that's not going to happen, because the Bannon wing won't give in at all on this issue (much as I think Trump himself would probably like to.) The nativists are going to hold the entire Republican party hostage on this issue, as they have done so many times before.

Meanwhile, don't look for infrastructure to get done either. Again the cold reality: why should Democrats cooperate with Republicans in an election year? And now they have a good argument: we don't have the money. Republicans foolishly spent it all.

I'm returning to this post because President Obama spoke about this today in his interview with Prince Harry- he warned that, increasingly, people are relying on "their own set of facts."

Of all the things that Donald Trump has brought to the forefront, this might be the most dangerous. Essentially Trump's policy is, if he doesn't like something he reads in the news, it's "fake news". The New York Times, known throughout our history as "the paper of record", is not trusted as a source of facts.

How many millions of people share the viewpoint stated by knowledge dropper above? How are we supposed to survive as a free, democratic society if people will only accept facts which agree with their already held point of view?
This was Rupert Murdoch's mission statement when he started Fox News. The right needed a station that would only give them conservative-slanted opinions and viewpoints. Over time, any contradicting viewpoint has been labeled 'far left' or fake. Obviously, things have ramped up considerably since Trump took office, because he has more to hide than anyone previously.  The scary part is how many people are buying into it (around 32% the last time I checked).  I bet there are still some Germans left who were around in the late 30's who would love to warn us of the dangers of covering up the truth and trying to stifle the media.

This was Rupert Murdoch's mission statement when he started Fox News. The right needed a station that would only give them conservative-slanted opinions and viewpoints. Over time, any contradicting viewpoint has been labeled 'far left' or fake. Obviously, things have ramped up considerably since Trump took office, because he has more to hide than anyone previously.  The scary part is how many people are buying into it (around 32% the last time I checked).  I bet there are still some Germans left who were around in the late 30's who would love to warn us of the dangers of covering up the truth and trying to stifle the media.
In a weird ironic way, I would argue that Germans had a better excuse. By 1935 or so, all newspapers and radio in Nazi Germany was heavily controlled by the state. You could not say anything against the government without losing your job and going straight to a concentration camp. So of course the public believed in fake news- that's all they got.

But Americans like knowledge dropper who openly admit to rejecting the New York Times- what excuse do they have? They are given the truth, yet they refuse to read it, preferring their own sources. They have a choice but they won't take it. That makes them guiltier than the German public, IMO.

Or, like me, they can just read other papers.  

Oh come on you gotta use better bait than this.
You gotta chuckle though. He's doing this in every thread, which then becomes an unreadable morass of hooked indignant responses. It's annoying as hell but I still chuckle.

What's even funnier is he thinks he's being so clever with superficially innocuous comments that he knows will reel people in. 

Obviously you need perspective. One was President for 8 years without accomplishing much.  The other in 11 months has pretty much wiped out ISIS, brought sanity to the tax code, lit a fire to the economy and brought back pride and hope to the people.  He’s getting things done.  He has EARNED the right to play a few rounds on his courses. That may be where he gets most of his brilliant ideas.  

You gotta chuckle though. He's doing this in every thread, which then becomes an unreadable morass of hooked indignant responses. It's annoying as hell but I still chuckle.

What's even funnier is he thinks he's being so clever with superficially innocuous comments that he knows will reel people in. 
I thought he was being sarcastic, knowing how fat and soft Trump is. And knowing that his diet consist of McDonald's and KFC only.

Obviously you need perspective. One was President for 8 years without accomplishing much.  The other in 11 months has pretty much wiped out ISIS, brought sanity to the tax code, lit a fire to the economy and brought back pride and hope to the people.  He’s getting things done.  He has EARNED the right to play a few rounds on his courses. That may be where he gets most of his brilliant ideas.  
:lmao:  

Lol. You'e adorable

So blatant lies and rampant hypocrisy are ok, so long as the politician does things you like. 

Huh?   Where’d you get that assumption?
I asked how you feel when you see footage of Trump promising he wouldn’t play golf as President (blatant lies) and constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf too much (rampant hypocrisy).  Your response, I believe, was to say he earned it by doing so much awesome stuff as president.

If I got this wrong please free to correct my understanding of your response. 

This is great. 

I asked how you feel when you see footage of Trump promising he wouldn’t play golf as President (blatant lies) and constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf too much (rampant hypocrisy).  Your response, I believe, was to say he earned it by doing so much awesome stuff as president.

If I got this wrong please free to correct my understanding of your response. 
I don’t worry about it.  Obviously he was talking about one of the many reasons that President failed.  Trump has golfed all his life.  He is winning bigly at the job so it’s probably easier than he thought.    

ah hahahahahahahahaha

Pure comedy gold right here.  Brilliant ideas?  

ah hahahahahahahahaha

Buying into partisan propaganda hook line and sinker is not healthy. Free your mind.

Wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year. 

I don’t worry about it.  Obviously he was talking about one of the many reasons that President failed.  Trump has golfed all his life.  He is winning bigly at the job so it’s probably easier than he thought.    
I see, makes sense. Easier than he thought.  Just like health care.

Thanks and happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread