Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

17 minutes ago, apalmer said:

VBD for the Fantasy Lying League makes him the #1 pick, even allowing for the fact that he's only available 4 days per week when he isn't golfing.

Bonus fact:  He lies on the golf course too!!!  :excited:

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Save your keyboard.

Mostly because replacing it is about to become a lot more expensive.

I kid, I kid.

not really.

10 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I know there were a few separate threads on this, but they’re no longer on page one.

The idea of sending people boxes of food to replace some of their food stamps is officially stupid.

This guy’s quote (Larry Samuelson) sums it up for me:

”Despite stereotypes of the incompetent poor, there is little reason to believe the government is a more efficient shopper than are people.”

Too bad there wasn't a teacher nearby with a gun to stop them.

U.S. Secret Service‏ @SecretService 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING:

Secret Service personnel are responding to reports of a person who allegedly suffered a self-inflicted gun shot wound along the north fence line of @WhiteHouse.

Trump gets upset about domestic political stuff: announces a tariff on foreign steel.
Europe says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your bourbon, Harley's, and Levi's.
Trump says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your cars.

Obviously this is going to end well. Remember during the election, "Trump doesn't have the temperament to be President"?

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Trump gets upset about domestic political stuff: announces a tariff on foreign steel.
Europe says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your bourbon, Harley's, and Levi's.
Trump says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your cars.

Obviously this is going to end well. Remember during the election, "Trump doesn't have the temperament to be President"?

I have a British car that needs regular repairs.  I hope this does't cost me more money.

21 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I can go to many local stores and get a brand new entire outfit for like $25 (like a half day's wages even at minimum wage). .

I thought waitresses made more than that

33 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

I have a British car that needs regular repairs.  I hope this does't cost me more money.

British cars have a built in repair/maintenance tariff.

7 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

British cars have a built in repair/maintenance tariff.

So all parts?

43 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

Serves you right for buying a crap product :P 

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

And we didn’t have to pay $130k 

No it cost us substantially more than that.

3 hours ago, squistion said:

Too bad there wasn't a teacher nearby with a gun to stop them.

U.S. Secret Service‏ @SecretService 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING:

Secret Service personnel are responding to reports of a person who allegedly suffered a self-inflicted gun shot wound along the north fence line of @WhiteHouse.

That’s a pretty asinine take.

• Like 7

"He fumes in private that just about every time he looks up at a television screen, the cable news headlines are trumpeting yet another scandal. He voices frustration that son-in-law Jared Kushner has few on-air defenders. He revives old grudges. And he confides to friends that he is uncertain about whom to trust."

If you have integrity, are doing honest work and trying to run the government for the good of the people, things shouldn't be this difficult.  He's brought all this on himself.  #### him.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

"He fumes in private that just about every time he looks up at a television screen, the cable news headlines are trumpeting yet another scandal. He voices frustration that son-in-law Jared Kushner has few on-air defenders. He revives old grudges. And he confides to friends that he is uncertain about whom to trust."

If you have integrity, are doing honest work and trying to run the government for the good of the people, things shouldn't be this difficult.  He's brought all this on himself.  #### him.

He will stroke out soon enough.  He's morbidly obese, eats horribly and is under incredible stress.  If Mueller doesn't take him out, his unhealthy lifestyle will.  

• Like 2

Maybe he can tweet about trade wars and tariffs bull#### about 20 more times before the market opens Monday. 

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

He will stroke out soon enough.  He's morbidly obese, eats horribly and is under incredible stress.  If Mueller doesn't take him out, his unhealthy lifestyle will.  

Is he though?  It's not like he's making decisions or trying to craft a legit vision for the country.  He seems to be playing President and we all know that he doesn't really care emotionally, so it's not like that can be a significant factor.  

12 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Is he though?  It's not like he's making decisions or trying to craft a legit vision for the country.  He seems to be playing President and we all know that he doesn't really care emotionally, so it's not like that can be a significant factor.  

Isn't "creating chaos" one of his supposed brilliant business tactics?  

Hoo boy.

For instance, aides said, Trump seethed with anger last Wednesday night over cable news coverage of a photo, obtained by Axios, showing Sessions at dinner with Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who oversees the Russia investigation, and another top Justice Department prosecutor. The outing was described in news reports as amounting to an act of solidarity after Trump had attacked Sessions in a tweet that morning.

The next morning, Trump was still raging about the photo, venting to friends and allies about a dinner he viewed as an intentional show of disloyalty.

Trump has long been furious with Sessions for recusing himself from oversight of the Russia probe, and privately mocks him as “Mr. Magoo,” an elderly and bumbling cartoon character. But this past week the president was irate that his attorney general had asked the Justice Department’s inspector general — as opposed to criminal prosecutors — to investigate alleged misdeeds by the FBI in obtaining surveillance warrants.

On Friday morning, Trump targeted his ire elsewhere. About an hour after Fox News Channel aired a segment about comedian Alec Baldwin saying he had tired of impersonating Trump on NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” Trump lit into Baldwin on Twitter, initially misspelling his first name. “It was agony for those who were forced to watch,” the president wrote at 5:42 a.m.

“Trump’s fundamentally distorted personality — which at its core is chaotic, volatile and transgressive — when combined with the powers of the presidency had to end poorly,” said Peter Wehner, a veteran of the three previous Republican administrations and a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. “What we’re now seeing is the radiating effects of that, and it’s enveloped him, his White House, his family and his friends.”

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

I mean aren't you a little embarrassed as an unabashed Trump supporter (notice I didn't say all Trump supporters) that nothing is more important to him than what is being said about him and his admin on cable news when you are supposed to be leading this country?

:(

Brian Stelter‏ @brianstelter 8m8 minutes ago

CNN obtained a tape of Trump at a closed-door fundraiser. He said this about China's president: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

CNN obtained a tape of Trump at a closed-door fundraiser. He said this about China's president: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

Why don't you want to #MAGA?

-Trump Supporters-

Serious question here, not trolling or digging, just looking for what your thought process is.  

So we’ve got an apples to apples comparison of hostile foreign powers showing videos of nuclear weapons being fired at US soil (N.K. and Russia this week).  How do you explain and justify the massively different response (or lack thereof in one case) from our President?  Thanks. 

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

I mean aren't you a little embarrassed as an unabashed Trump supporter (notice I didn't say all Trump supporters) that nothing is more important to him than what is being said about him and his admin on cable news when you are supposed to be leading this country?

I'm sure they'll say they're "disappointed" and "I wish he wouldn't say/do that".

But they still support him without question.

They've learned to compartmentalize, dismissing the bad things as being not relevant to their support.

Edited by [scooter]

8 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

This is a really interesting tweet thread with information I didn’t know about Japanese internment and some parallels to immigration policy proposals today:

https://twitter.com/sarahtaber_bww/status/954774752970801152

If you're interested at all in the specifics of the debate about internment, this is a pretty good summary and shows how close we came to avoiding the historic wrong.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, squistion said:

I've written this before but I believe he will use the non-existent voter fraud as an excuse to postpone the 2020 elections.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

I've written this before but I believe he will use the non-existent voter fraud as an excuse to postpone the 2020 elections.

He may well  try but I don't believe he'd be successful. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

Because why? The Republicans would stop him? 

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

People used to like him.  He was a ratings bonanza and a tabloid star.  Now, the only people who like him are racists, gun nuts and people with very low IQs.  That has to bother a narcissistic, ego-maniac like Trump.  Plus, his world is crumbling around him.  He's in great danger of losing his empire.  That's stress.  Surprised he is still morbidly obese with that kind of life stress.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, whoknew said:

They would. 

As shabby as the Republicans have become, as much as they’ve given into Trump, that would be a bridge too far for them. In any case it won’t happen. 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They would. 

As shabby as the Republicans have become, as much as they’ve given into Trump, that would be a bridge too far for them. In any case it won’t happen. 

I disagree. 

The Republicans have done everything in their power in the last x number of years to disenfranchise voters across the US. And its happened without anyone blinking an eye. Now they started an entire commission with the unspoken goal of figuring out the best ways of disenfranchisement. Postponing elections is just the next step. All you need is a) an egomaniacal fan of dictatorships in power and b) a compliant Congress. 

I get that you still think there is a line Trump can cross where Republicans will say, "No." I've just no idea why you would think that.

Edited by whoknew
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I can’t envision him transitioning out of power peacefully

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Isn't it in the Constitution? Try as they might, Congress can't pass laws that circumvent the Constitution. 

I can definitely see an event where somebody (cough) Russia (cough) hacks power plants, and or voter machines, resulting in Trump and the GOP calling for a postponement until the situation is taken care of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

This had to happen, right? I mean you really dislike someone and then one day they act in exactly the heinous way you always thought they would and yet it's still surprising when someone just ends up being exactly as horrible as you sensed. He doesn't acknowledge the Constitution. He hates democracy. He doesn't recognize civil rights. He's every foul thing you can say and then he just actually is as you said. Still surprising.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Nobody's postponing a national election. However, I do see Trump trying to pull off the following:

1. Democratic landslide in 2018 elections.

2. Trump spends the next 2 years crying "Voter fraud!" while simultaneously tanking the economy and blaming everything on the Democratic congress.

3. the public turns on the Democrats and Trump wins re-election in 2020.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

How great would it be if he tried to abolish term limits and here comes Obama out of retirement to defeat him. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Righetti said:

How great would it be if he tried to abolish term limits and here comes Obama out of retirement to defeat him. 

A true slobber-knocker. [/stonecold316music]

26 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This had to happen, right? I mean you really dislike someone and then one day they act in exactly the heinous way you always thought they would and yet it's still surprising when someone just ends up being exactly as horrible as you sensed. He doesn't acknowledge the Constitution. He hates democracy. He doesn't recognize civil rights. He's every foul thing you can say and then he just actually is as you said. Still surprising.

Still not surprised.

“When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”

― Maya Angelou

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

People used to like him.  He was a ratings bonanza and a tabloid star.  Now, the only people who like him are racists, gun nuts and people with very low IQs.  That has to bother a narcissistic, ego-maniac like Trump.  Plus, his world is crumbling around him.  He's in great danger of losing his empire.  That's stress.  Surprised he is still morbidly obese with that kind of life stress.

I may be wrong, but it seems like he's a pretty lonely guy on a good day.  That he has any sort of following has to have him dancing in the isles.  The narcissist doesn't necessarily care who likes him, just that he's liked.  And honestly?  I don't think he notices his world crumbling around him.  He has a pretty substantial firewall and the ability to replay Fox and Friends at the click of a button.  Now, the one thing that I see getting to him is when they come for his family...particularly Ivanka.  Then?  All bets are off.