What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this new trade deal with South Korea?  Good..bad?
It's basically the same as the one we've had since 2012, but now since it's Trump and not Obama, it's no longer a "job killer".   We upped the number of cars each US manufacturer can export from 25,000 to 50,000, but nobody ever hit the 25,000 threshold anyway.  Korean steel exports to the US are reduced 30%, with no tariff.   Not much else.

It's basically the same as the one we've had since 2012, but now since it's Trump and not Obama, it's no longer a "job killer".   We upped the number of cars each US manufacturer can export from 25,000 to 50,000, but nobody ever hit the 25,000 threshold anyway.  Korean steel exports to the US are reduced 30%, with no tariff.   Not much else.
It does effectively bar South Korea from exporting pickup trucks to the US for another 20 years, so it has that going for it.

It does effectively bar South Korea from exporting pickup trucks to the US for another 20 years, so it has that going for it.
Read a weird article about that that the South Korean auto workers are upset about that, but Hyundai is the only Korean manufacturer with plans to market a truck, and they decided to build it in the US a couple years ago.  It looks like an old Subaru Brat.

it can get worse?

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

"[Hope Hicks is] the glue to the entire place," a White House source said. "She helps keep the White House from fracturing. I don't think people realize what's about to happen once she leaves."

The White House physician...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce that I intend to nominate highly respected Admiral Ronny L. Jackson, MD, as the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs....

5:31 PM - 28 Mar 2018

it can get worse?

"[Hope Hicks is] the glue to the entire place," a White House source said. "She helps keep the White House from fracturing. I don't think people realize what's about to happen once she leaves."
She was a brunette and didn't "remind" him of Ivanka. Maybe he didn't want to bang her?

I see we're winning bigly

So, does Trump just keep hiring and firing people to distract from his otherwise ####ty presidency? What is up with all this turnover?
I think he's basically a panicky day trader/action junkie who just makes moves whenever things aren't going well for him, which is always, and that's pretty much it.

So, does Trump just keep hiring and firing people to distract from his otherwise ####ty presidency? What is up with all this turnover?
I was just starting to see articles about how nice it was to have a bit of a change of pace and a quiet week from Trump.  They must have gotten to him.

In this case, Shulkin is a paranoid lunatic who spent $190,000 on a door and had armed guards outside of his office to protect him from his own staff.  I'm with Trump on this firing.

Matthias said:
List of people who seem to have raised their public profile in a positive way while having a visible role in this administration

Hope Hicks
The one that insisted Don Jr mails never would come out when writing a false explanation about the meeting about "adoptions"

Really?

I imagine Trump walking through the White House, poking his head into people's offices and saying, "Anyone want to be VA director?"

it can get worse?

Her & Porter. 

In this case, Shulkin is a paranoid lunatic who spent $190,000 on a door and had armed guards outside of his office to protect him from his own staff.  I'm with Trump on this firing.
I mean, I'm generally for firing most of Trumps hires, because they were generally terrible hires on the first place. Unfortunately they may then be replaced with even more awful choices. 

I’m in a fog... wasn’t Jackson the guy that did his health report?
Yeah, he's been the official physician to Bush, Obama and Trump.  Apparently a well-respected doctor.  No idea if he has any policy experience whatsoever, but he's respected by both parties, and at least knows something about health care.   He's more qualified for this position than most of Trump's appointees.

Yeah, he's been the official physician to Bush, Obama and Trump.  Apparently a well-respected doctor.  No idea if he has any policy experience whatsoever, but he's respected by both parties, and at least knows something about health care.   He's more qualified for this position than most of Trump's appointees.
Something's fishy here.  

Trump isn’t 239 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread