What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Man accused of murdering twenty-six people; Trump supporters ask Ugh, can we just let it go already?"
I heard Obama once murdered 50 christians as part of his Islamic indoctrination.  And, don't forget Hillary murdered Vincent Foster in cold blood.  Its about time someone stood up for the decent folk in this country.

I heard Obama once murdered 50 christians as part of his Islamic indoctrination.  And, don't forget Hillary murdered Vincent Foster in cold blood.  Its about time someone stood up for the decent folk in this country.
Herman Cain said on Fox News that it was self-defense and that's good enough for me.

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson speaking at Virginia Military Institute commencement earlier today:

“If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom,” Tillerson said. “A responsibility of every American citizen to each other is to preserve and protect our freedom by recognizing what truth is and is not, what a fact is and is not, and begin by holding ourselves accountable to truthfulness, and demand our pursuit of America's future be fact-based.”

snowflake...

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Rex Tillerson: “If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no long grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom.”

snowflake...

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Rex Tillerson: “If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no long grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom.”
"As I reflect upon the state of our American democracy, I observe a growing crisis in ethics and integrity," he said. "If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom."

Tillerson added, "When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth, even on what may seem the most trivial of matters, we go wobbly on America."

:oldunsure:

video on link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fired-tillerson-slams-growing-crisis-ethics-integrity-commencement-addresss-n874716

THE UNHOLY TRINITY

DNC
MEDIA
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
More and more people are coming to the realization that these three are the real enemies of the constitution, freedom and democracy.

And see every day that all three working together to wage all out war against President Trump and the 63 million people who voted for him.

20 posted on 5/16/2018, 11:36:59 AM by Iron Munro (If Illegals Voted Republican 66 Million Democrats Would Be Screaming "Build The Wall !")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-20, 21-29 next last
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search        News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRES

:shrug:

I blame all the hissy fits. When everything is a scandal , nothing is
So we are getting ready to seperate migrant children from their families and store them in warehouses on military bases. This obviously seems like a major human rights issue to me but I'm hesitant to bring it up because I don't want to seem too "hissy fitty" and make people vote for Trump.  

Can I get a ruling please?

Last edited by a moderator:
"As I reflect upon the state of our American democracy, I observe a growing crisis in ethics and integrity," he said. "If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom."

Tillerson added, "When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth, even on what may seem the most trivial of matters, we go wobbly on America."

:oldunsure:

video on link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fired-tillerson-slams-growing-crisis-ethics-integrity-commencement-addresss-n874716
Thanks Rex. Where was this guy when he was SOS?

So we are getting ready to seperate migrant children from their families and store them in warehouses on military bases. This obviously seems like a major human rights issue to me but I'm hesitant to bring it up because I don't want to seem too "hissy fitty" and make people vote for Trump.  

Internment camps for children are bad.   

And I can't really deduce the policy reason for this other than extreme cruelty might keep others from coming? 
Seems like you deduced the policy reasons just fine to me.  Performative cruelty, with just a hint of general deterrence to help it go down more smoothly for the Trump supporters who are still clinging to shreds of empathy.

And I can't really deduce the policy reason for this other than extreme cruelty? 
FYP

This is the level of humanity and the quality of people in office, and same can be said for those who support such horrific and inhumane policies. 

Some folks just don't care about the wellbeing of others, worse yet some feel the need to have others experience pain and suffering to somehow uplift themselves in their own eyes. 

Thanks, Neitszche.

And I can't really deduce the policy reason for this other than extreme cruelty might keep others from coming? 
I don’t think it’s policy, IMO it’s ideology. What kind of people outside the US view the US’s receiving of refugees and historical humane kindness to the oppressed as a threat? I figure Americans who feel the same probably think the same.

"These aren't people. They're animals."

An actual quote from the POTUS.
 Elise Foley‏Verified account @elisefoley 2h2 hours ago

“These aren’t people. These are animals.” - Trump says of (some of) the immigrants being deported during his sanctuary cities roundtable

Children?

Quick...the Senate Intel Committee, Judiciary Committee, Amd other transcripts look bad, plus that whole financial disclosure, and NK, and ZTE/China...oh, and the Qatar stuff...

Lets say something really stupid and vile to try and change the news.

I worked today. Posting tweets by that loser though is no better than the nuttiest guy on Fox. 
You had time to respond to commentary on a statement by Trump, but not Trump's statement itself - strange priorities. In case you missed it, here it is again:

“These aren’t people. These are animals.” - Trump says of (some of) the immigrants being deported during his sanctuary cities roundtable [today]
Thoughts?

You had time to respond to commentary on a statement by Trump, but not Trump's statement itself - strange priorities. In case you missed it, here it is again:

Thoughts?
Didn’t see it, going off what you posted I don’t agree. Obviously they are people, but are people breaking the law and need to go. Glad they are sending them back, laws should be followed. 

Didn’t see it, going off what you posted I don’t agree. Obviously they are people, but are people breaking the law and need to go. Glad they are sending them back, laws should be followed. 
It's not a question of law. It's a question of whether you're o.k. with the President Of The U.S. referring to groups of people as animals based on their country of origin.

It's not a question of law. It's a question of whether you're o.k. with the President Of The U.S. referring to groups of people as animals based on their country of origin.
If it truly was in reference to the most dangerous gang in the world then your attempt to spin it as you did is as pathetic if not more than his comment. If it was just in reference to any immigrants then clearly it’s disappointing. 

If it truly was in reference to the most dangerous gang in the world then your attempt to spin it as you did is as pathetic if not more than his comment.
As mentioned above, his comments were in the context of deporting MS13 members. You feel it's o.k. for the U.S. President to say "they're not people, they're animals" about groups of people in that context?

As mentioned above, his comments were in the context of deporting MS13 members. You feel it's o.k. for the U.S. President to say "they're not people, they're animals" about groups of people in that context?
Is it "ok"? No.

SHOULD the President be above such language and should people EXPECT more of someone in that position? Of course.

Should we have even slightly higher standards of "rising above" and taking the high road on issues that on the surface are simple, but dig a little nuance and actually care about others a bit closer to that situation?  As America, I used to think we did.  We lost our way, there.

That said, it's vastly different to be discussing MS-13 members in language that might be appropriate in most arenas, but not the best choice of words by a President (especially one that has repeatedly showed racism and racist tendencies, and has exceptionally strong support among avowed and admitted racists, nationwide), and talking about an immigrant population as a whole.

They are animals
That wasn't the question (though that may be worth a whole other discussion). The question is, again, whether you think it's o.k. for the U.S. President to say "they're not people, they're animals" about groups of people in that context? Reason being, his words are going to be taken out of context - by supporters and detractors. It's already happening. You're o.k. with the problems that's going to cause? You don't think maybe being a little more careful about word and phase choices could bring about some better outcomes, and avoid some negative outcomes?

As mentioned above, his comments were in the context of deporting MS13 members. You feel it's o.k. for the U.S. President to call groups of people animals in that context?
Am I worried the President called a group whose motto is “kill, rape, control” animals? No I’ve got enough going in my life that this isn’t going to cause me to lose any sleep. The way you tried to spin it though and left out it was in reference to the most dangerous gang there is is laughable and typical. Purposely ignoring facts is why no one is listening. 

That wasn't the question (though that may be worth a whole other discussion). The question is, again, whether you think it's o.k. for the U.S. President to say "they're not people, they're animals" about groups of people in that context? Reason being, his words are going to be taken out of context - by supporters and detractors. You're o.k. with the problems that's going to cause?
He’s calling ms13 animals . I applaud him for that. Yes it’s ok

Am I worried the President called a group whose motto is “kill, rape, control” animals? No I’ve got enough going in my life that this isn’t going to cause me to lose any sleep. The way you tried to spin it though and left out it was in reference to the most dangerous gang there is is laughable and typical. Purposely ignoring facts is why no one is listening. 
The poor lads are just down on their luck 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread