What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
packersfan said:
And speaking of Trump’s racism. The Arizona Republic reports that nearly 1,500 children have somehow been lost after ICE separated them from their families. 

#MAGA
These idiots lose children like I lose credit card receipts 

urbanhack said:
Thank you.  Our media is failing us right now.  They are treating the Trump presidency like they treated his campaign.  Coverage 24 x 7 giving him all the air time he requests with no real hard hitting, investigative journalism.   It's a ####### sham.
That's not true. There's a lot of great investigative journalism going on. Not by the cable companies, of course. But newspapers and websites are doing great work.

From what I’ve read there are actually two numbers, children caught trying to cross the border alone and those separated from their family (cuz policy). Apparently both categories have a large number of lost children in that ~1500 range.
Can we just reiterate this. Its official United States policy to separate parents from children when undocumented people enter the United States. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not true. There's a lot of great investigative journalism going on. Not by the cable companies, of course. But newspapers and websites are doing great work.
Agree to a certain extent...but nobody stays with a particular issue, presses it and makes anyone accountable for lies, falsehoods...whatever.

squistion said:
:(

A top HHS official told Congress that the agency had lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children it placed with sponsors in the U.S., raising concerns they could end up in the hands of human traffickers or be used as laborers by people posing as relatives.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/politics/migrant-children-missing.html
I am confident that the citizen journalists that covered #Pizzagate will be all over this story out of their abundance of concern for children.

These idiots lose children like I lose credit card receipts 
In some sense, the reporting equatingvthe lost children from the Unaccompanied Minirs program with the new policy is inaccurate. 

Unaccompanied Minors are usually like 14-17. Often, when they go unaccounted for by ICE, it’s because they are hiding from ICE, as they don’t want to be deported. 

squistion said:
:(

A top HHS official told Congress that the agency had lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children it placed with sponsors in the U.S., raising concerns they could end up in the hands of human traffickers or be used as laborers by people posing as relatives.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/politics/migrant-children-missing.html
 @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

Put pressure on the Democrats to end the horrible law that separates children from there parents once they cross the Border into the U.S. Catch and Release, Lottery and Chain must also go with it and we MUST continue building the WALL! DEMOCRATS ARE PROTECTING MS-13 THUGS.

6:59 AM - 26 May 2018
Sessions: Parents, children entering U.S. illegally will be separated

"If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border," the attorney general said Monday at a law enforcement conference.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/sessions-parents-children-entering-us-illegally-will-be-separated-n872081

Dear anyone who continues to stand by this administration as they tear small children away from their parents by the thousands, perhaps forever:

PLEASE RECONSIDER!

There aren’t two defensible sides to this story. There’s the dregs of humanity (this administration and anyone who continues to stand by them as they display a willful cruelty not seen in this country for at least 65 years) and the rest of us. Pick a side. 

Making the sun illegal is actually Hillary Clinton’s shtick. She championed protecting domestic candlestick makers from unfair competition by China, which is in principle exactly the same as protecting domestics candlestick makers from unfair competition by the sun.
I'm not sure that I get the analogy but I can be a little thick sometimes.

On another note, I need some advice about the forum in which to start a particular thread later this summer. May I PM? I'll be brief.

Dear anyone who continues to stand by this administration as they tear small children away from their parents by the thousands, perhaps forever:

PLEASE RECONSIDER!

There aren’t two defensible sides to this story. There’s the dregs of humanity (this administration and anyone who continues to stand by them as they display a willful cruelty not seen in this country for at least 65 years) and the rest of us. Pick a side. 
After seeing a thread in this forum cheering Trump for calling Latino immigrants "animals," I am certainly not surprised by the silence of the Trump supporters, Republicans and conservatives here regarding separating small children from their parents or the loss of 1500 kids in the system (perhaps to human traffickers). If you dehumanize people by equating them with animals, why should you care about their children (who, by extension, must be animals too)?

Banger said:
POLITICO‏Verified account @politico

Americans could see a 25 percent spike in the price tag on their family cars if Trump goes through with a threat to slap on import tariffs

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/25/trump-car-tax-consumers-569786

Trump showing how you can inherit a great economy and blow it up
I'm fine with that. I'll still do what I can to boycott american manufacturers and paying a 25% fee to do that is worth it imo.

Replying to @tparsi @bungdan @RichardEngel

Does the source have actual proof?

@tpars Verified account 18h18 hours ago

More

Well, he provided Richard with a recording of the phone conversation I had - unknowingly - with a Black Cube operative...
Fine, whatever - proof.    Show me the EVIDENCE!

Melania Trump Has Disappeared Before Our Very Eyes

t’s been two weeks since Melania Trump has been seen in public, after the White House said she’d undergone a procedure for a benign kidney condition. Everyone in the First Lady’s orbit says she’s feeling great. Before leaving the White House on Friday morning, President Trump took questions from reporters, including one about his wife’s whereabouts. Here’s how that played out, according to the Washington Post:

According to a pool report, President Trump responded by pointing to a window in the White House residence, and said: “She’s doing great. She’s looking at us right there.”

Reporters turned to look at the spot he indicated, but there was no sign of the first lady.

There’s even a photo of the moment Trump directed reporters to look up at his wife, before she apparently dissolved into the ether.

The first lady’s absence has raised eyebrows, given that she spent five nights at Walter Reed Medical Center for a procedure medical experts say usually doesn’t require nearly as long. Melania’s absence is especially mysterious considering the recent launch of her high-profile, grammatically awkward “Be Best” initiative to keep kids from abusing social media and/or opioids. She’s also been absent from photo ops typically attended by FLOTUS, such as a visit from South Korean first lady Kim Jung-sook earlier this week.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melania-trump-disappeared-very-eyes-152839535.html

I feel like I've seen this movie before...

GOP gives tax cuts without paying for them > Economy tanks > GOP blames incoming Dem president for crappy economy, goes nuts over deficit > GOP regains power > GOP gives tax cuts without paying for them > Economy tanks 

Around and around we go.
The losers are the winners 

At some point we should all look in the mirror and question are we the good guys or the bad guys? I think the answer is pretty clear. Growing up, I never would have thought it would get to this point.

My dad is a Vietnam era Air Force vet. Last night he told me that for the first time ever he may not put out his flag for Memorial Day, and maybe not for the 4th either.  That's how much he hates Trump right now. 

He's is going to the cemetery today to put flags on his brothers' graves, veterans also. And my grandfather's who was a WW2 vet and a German POW. He fought the Nazis,  now we call some of them "good people".

My dad is a Vietnam era Air Force vet. Last night he told me that for the first time ever he may not put out his flag for Memorial Day, and maybe not for the 4th either.  That's how much he hates Trump right now. 

He's is going to the cemetery today to put flags on his brothers' graves, veterans also. And my grandfather's who was a WW2 vet and a German POW. He fought the Nazis,  now we call some of them "good people".
I hate what we have become

There aren’t enough of your golf buddy types in the country 
Yep. Played golf last week against a guy wearing a MAGA hat. It got awkward when I had a few beers and couldn’t keep quiet when he claimed trump was already the best president even (although we did shake hands later and I noticed he changed hats). 

No, they shouldn’t. Reporters’ words on whether something is on or off record is what they have. I applaud them for not breaking it. 
Normally, I agree. Reporters protecting sources is a huge part of the deal for reporters. This is different. There was a briefing, by a U.S. government official, "off the record". Then Trump literally denied the briefing happened. They should all be called out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread