What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump made a particular, blatant lie last night that should not be ignored. He said:

Republicans will always protect pre-existing conditions. 100%. Democrats will not. 
If he was trying to trigger this liberal he succeeded. It really does get worse every single day.

Sloth - Sloth is generally defined as "inactivity"  and, for better or worse, I don't think this applies to Trump.  He may be overweight, and eat too many Big Mac's but he is constantly on the go.
Doesn't he have tv time in the morning instead of meetings? It may be comparative sloth....

"Who am I to judge - God has forgiven him"
I kind of get that response, and would expect it from someone - I guess my comeback would be:  "Do you think God has forgiven you for electing, and following, such a depraved individual?"

God may have forgiven Trump for his sins, but you, my generic voter, put him in power.  I don't know that God will be as forgiving with you.

I kind of get that response, and would expect it from someone - I guess my comeback would be:  "Do you think God has forgiven you for electing, and following, such a depraved individual?"

God may have forgiven Trump for his sins, but you, my generic voter, put him in power.  I don't know that God will be as forgiving with you.
Yeah I’ve heard that too. It’s wild really. How come God won’t forgive Hillary?

I'm not sure they mean it as anything else as a "get out of a bind".

Then again. There is no God, IMHO.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Trump starting to find out how hard it is now that he can't ride the momentum of Obama's 8 years any more.  Across the board the two years of Trumpism are finally coming home to roost.  

We should probably buckle up for a rough couple years ahead.
I've said many time it will take about that amount of time to catch up with the really juicy cabinet level scandals. If Dems get the house gavel and subpeona power all hell will break llose. 

Trump made a particular, blatant lie last night that should not be ignored. He said:

Republicans will always protect pre-existing conditions. 100%. Democrats will not. 

What's so astonishing about this lie is that White House attorneys attempted to argue before the Supreme Court that protecting pre-existing conditions was an unconstitutional aspect of Obamacare. They lost.  And Trump has attempted to weaken these protections ever since.

And Trump is not the only one repeating this lie.  Ted Cruz did the same thing. So have several other Republicans running for office.
“Republicans will always protect (insurance companies rights to be able to deny coverage to people with) pre-existing conditions. 100%. Democrats will not.”

He just omitted a word or two. 

I am just not finding any of my friends who supported him that have changed there mind about this guy. Today his approval rating stands around 45% which was enough to get him elected. Even though that is the minority I have lost faith and respect for a lot of people in this country. There is a constant barrage of criticism of this President and rightly so but they are not swayed by his obvious shortcomings. To see that support for this dishonest self centered incompetent man is mind boggling.

I am just not finding any of my friends who supported him that have changed there mind about this guy. Today his approval rating stands around 45% which was enough to get him elected. Even though that is the minority I have lost faith and respect for a lot of people in this country. There is a constant barrage of criticism of this President and rightly so but they are not swayed by his obvious shortcomings. To see that support for this dishonest self centered incompetent man is mind boggling.
As long as those people have their jobs, continue to have a good 401k and think the economy is booming they will support him.  There are a lot of people who don't care about the President's character or what the rest of the world thinks about the US, they only care about themselves.  I would say that most of the people who support Trump are about the most selfish people we have in this country.

As long as those people have their jobs, continue to have a good 401k and think the economy is booming they will support him.  There are a lot of people who don't care about the President's character or what the rest of the world thinks about the US, they only care about themselves.  I would say that most of the people who support Trump are about the most selfish people we have in this country.
I don't even believe that matters honestly...market goes down it's dems fault...some whacko sends bombs to a dozen people, it's their own fault...they lose their jobs, it's China's, Mexico's, Canada's fault...it's beyond logic at this point...it's emotional and tribal.  The majority of Trump supporters are dug in and facts, norms, decency don't matter...it's blind support regardless.  They've picked their horse  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even believe that matters honestly...market goes down it's dems fault...some whacko sends bombs to a dozen people, it's their own fault...they lose their jobs, it's China's, Mexico's, Canada's fault...it's beyond logic at this point...it's emotional and tribal.  The majority of Trump supporters are dug in and facts, norms, decency don't matter...it's blind support regardless.  They've picked their horse  
There's a lot of truth to that as well.  There is a good percentage of Trump supporters that are that way.

Just saw the story where Newt said if the House tries to force Trump to turnover his taxes, Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court will protect him. Sounds like they think Brett was bought and paid for all the way. 

Figured this is as good a place as any for this.  Somehow I managed to get on the Trump mailing list and have been getting two emails a day begging for contributions.  This morning's epistle is this:

Authorized By Trump Headquarters

Apalmer,

We just intercepted an email sent by Nancy Pelosi…

...She heard that I’M PERSONALLY MATCHING $3 MILLION to save our majorities from falling into her control, so she’s begging her donors to fight back.

Apalmer, I am matching your contributions because I truly believe our country will suffer if we let liberal mob rule take over in 11 days. Now I need you to join me in defending America.

THE PRESIDENT’S MATCH

VOTER:***********
USED THE MATCH?:(NOT YET)

CONTRIBUTE $5 = 10 (This is a link to GOP donation site)

CONTRIBUTE $20 = $40(This is a link to GOP donation site)

CONTRIBUTE $15 = $30 (This is a link to GOP donation site)

CONTRIBUTE $10 = $20 (This is a link to GOP donation site)

CONTRIBUTE $5 = $10 (This is a link to GOP donation site)

CONTRIBUTE OTHER AMOUNT (This is a link to GOP donation site)

Thanks,

Donald J. Trump
President of the United States

CONTRIBUTE $5 = $10

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Subject: re: Donald Trump just announced:

I don’t want it to end like this.

I just heard that Nate Silver downgraded Democrats’ chances of taking the House.

And now, I’m learning Donald Trump has personally dumped $2,OOO,OOO to save his Republicans.

So I’m coming straight to you. Because I refuse to lose this election to Donald Trump.

I need a heroic surge of grassroots support before midnight to fight back. You’re my only hope at turning this around.

Can I count on you to rush in $1 before midnight?

It’s so important, I’m personally triple-matching all gifts.

Triple match your $1 >> (This is a link to GOP donation site)
Triple match your $35 >>(This is a link to GOP donation site)
Triple match your $50 >>(This is a link to GOP donation site)
Triple match your $100 >>(This is a link to GOP donation site)
Triple match your $250 >>(This is a link to GOP donation site)
Or triple match another amount >>(This is a link to GOP donation site)

Thank you,

Nancy
So, let's say this actually goes to a Trump supporter.  Do they really believe that this is an "intercepted email" from Nancy Pelosi? Do they think the GOP has hacked Pelosi's email account? Do they wonder why the links in Nancy Pelosi's intercepted email lead to a GOP donation site? Do they recognize that the entire email is a lie and just accept that being lied to is OK? 

Ilov80s said:
Just saw the story where Newt said if the House tries to force Trump to turnover his taxes, Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court will protect him. Sounds like they think Brett was bought and paid for all the way. 
is it a supreme court of 1 all the sudden?

It is not, I am just indicating what Newt believes.  
again, it won't matter if he turned them over...if it showed that he owed Russians money through shell companies, that his fortune was a fraud and house of cards...I honestly don't think his supporters would care at all.  The NYT story which showed how he lied about his start and how rich he was didn't even get a blip of air time...they know he's a crook and liar and they don't care at all.  I don't think there's a thing he could do to change most of their minds...it's a cult.

again, it won't matter if he turned them over...if it showed that he owed Russians money through shell companies, that his fortune was a fraud and house of cards...I honestly don't think his supporters would care at all.  The NYT story which showed how he lied about his start and how rich he was didn't even get a blip of air time...they know he's a crook and liar and they don't care at all.  I don't think there's a thing he could do to change most of their minds...it's a cult.
Yes. 

Figured this is as good a place as any for this.  Somehow I managed to get on the Trump mailing list and have been getting two emails a day begging for contributions.  This morning's epistle is this:

So, let's say this actually goes to a Trump supporter.  Do they really believe that this is an "intercepted email" from Nancy Pelosi? Do they think the GOP has hacked Pelosi's email account? Do they wonder why the links in Nancy Pelosi's intercepted email lead to a GOP donation site? Do they recognize that the entire email is a lie and just accept that being lied to is OK? 
Well, the most obvious lie is that Donald Trump is going to give away any of his own money.

Scary ####.

My 13-year-old daughter has been getting text messages from the National Republican Senatorial Committee telling her that "Pelosi and the DC Swamp SMASHED fundraising records" and "Liberals outraised us 300%+ in battleground seats" with links to web sites. Each time it comes from a different toll-free number, so blocking them doesn't work. We are not, shall we say, a right-leaning family, so I have no idea how her number ended up on this list. I told her to keep blocking the numbers and hopefully in 11 days they'll stop.

I occasionally get unsolicited texts from the Gavin Newsom campaign (we're in California), which are equally annoying. I don't know how anyone thinks that unsolicited text messages are a way to garner support. 

My 13-year-old daughter has been getting text messages from the National Republican Senatorial Committee telling her that "Pelosi and the DC Swamp SMASHED fundraising records" and "Liberals outraised us 300%+ in battleground seats" with links to web sites. Each time it comes from a different toll-free number, so blocking them doesn't work. We are not, shall we say, a right-leaning family, so I have no idea how her number ended up on this list. I told her to keep blocking the numbers and hopefully in 11 days they'll stop.

I occasionally get unsolicited texts from the Gavin Newsom campaign (we're in California), which are equally annoying. I don't know how anyone thinks that unsolicited text messages are a way to garner support. 
Apparently they are currently the MOST effective technique for campaigning:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/technology/campaign-text-messages.html?fallback=0&recId=1BqmclpuCU1zA93bHVn8QsGkjxs&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=DC&recAlloc=contextual-bandit-home-geo&geoCountry=US&blockId=midterm-elections&imp_id=320666312&action=click&module=Election 2018&pgtype=Homepage

Hawkeye21 said:
The first sentence isn't as much of a given as it was a month ago.

I appreciate your concern, and I am honestly not sure how I'm going to hold up. I've been in a sour mood for nigh on two years now, a couple friendships are no more. I've looked at some positions in Canada but not found a job there yet--that's probably the best case scenario. I wish I could care less and just dismiss all this "winning" in a snarky post but I'm legitimately concerned about the future of our country and humanity in general. So, no, I am not doing great right now. Happy for you, though, and your tribe so keep up basking in the glory while you can. You earned the victory fair and square, and are clearly bringing America back to the greatness envisioned by our dear President. Congrats.

Grace Under Pressure said:
Winning what?
I was reported for that post (yes seriously) and got a slap on the wrist a few pages back so I can’t reply to these replies.   ?

Do you view it as very different from getting an email or a phone call?
I view texts and phone calls as more personal than email. My email address is out there and I know gets on all kinds of lists I never signed up for. I know that my cell phone number also gets on all those lists, but unsolicited phone calls and texts seem more of an invasion to me than email. If I were, say, soliciting donations from someone I have no previous relationship with, I would send an email. I wouldn't call or text the person. But that's just me. I know political fundraising via text message is here to stay, because even if it pisses people off, it works ("the ends justify the means" rationale). 

I get a significant amount of email from Trump's reelection campaign and the GOP.  Also no clue why.  Included in the requests for money, the propaganda and lies  are things like polls about my satisfaction with our President.   The choices are usually like:   (1)  Extremely Satisfied; (2) Satisfied (3) Mostly Satisfied.   I usually reply with some colorful suggestions and my sincere hopes about where Trump will live upon vacating the Presidency.   

So it has come to this.

Dear lord........so I early voted today. All Democrats.....did not even hesitate. Anything to weaken this clowns power. And I am a registered Republican. Funny....but I never changed my party affiliation. Mainly so I can try and control the lunatic asylum and vote in primaries for what I would deem moderate Republicans. That is all been burned to the ground. I voted for Kasich and obviously it was a wasted vote (I felt he was one of the only rational and moderate guys in the last election). So freaking sad.

State of Florida FYI.

I can't take this guy....I really seriously can't believe our country has gotten to this point that a complete narcissist (with the mind and maturity of a ####### 10 year old) is in the oval office. We are living in crazy times.  
It's been a while since I've posted in my thread, but I was happy to see this. I am in the exact same spot. 49 years old, lifelong Republican and I will vote Dem down the card. Do I feel good about it? no. I'm voting for a Dem Millenial who has never been more than a nanny and librarian for state auditor. Don't care. I know the Dem lieutenant governor candidate personally. Do I think she's capable? Not really. Don't care. Voting for a congress person who I disagree on nearly everything with from a policy standpoint. Don't care. Right wing nut jobs put this on us, this is what they get. Let's pray for a blue wave. Get this orange clown out of office. I also voted for Kasich. Only adult in the room at the time.

It's been a while since I've posted in my thread, but I was happy to see this. I am in the exact same spot. 49 years old, lifelong Republican and I will vote Dem down the card. Do I feel good about it? no. I'm voting for a Dem Millenial who has never been more than a nanny and librarian for state auditor. Don't care. I know the Dem lieutenant governor candidate personally. Do I think she's capable? Not really. Don't care. Voting for a congress person who I disagree on nearly everything with from a policy standpoint. Don't care. Right wing nut jobs put this on us, this is what they get. Let's pray for a blue wave. Get this orange clown out of office. I also voted for Kasich. Only adult in the room at the time.
Plus 1. 51, lifelong Republican and I am doing the exact same. Also voted Kasich. Fingers crossed....

We must have a huge investigation into the Trump cell phone issue. I know how important security is because Trump has been preaching it for awhile. We need this investigation

We must have a huge investigation into the Trump cell phone issue. I know how important security is because Trump has been preaching it for awhile. We need this investigation
Take a number. WE need an investigation on about a dozen things with Trump and this Administration.

Have any of the false flaggers come out and apologised yet now that they're proven wrong? Dobbs?  Limbaugh?  Any of them?

Have any of the false flaggers come out and apologised yet now that they're proven wrong? Dobbs?  Limbaugh?  Any of them?
Hey, let’s not get too hasty dismissing the false flag operation. I mean, those stickers, they’re barely even faded! And just because he has a well established history of gop support doesn’t mean he’s not working for George Soros. Obama probably did it. There’s probably an email from years ago to start setting this guy up but they acidwashed the hard drives. No collusion*. Wokka wokka!

Ladies and Gentlemen: Your creepy president

McGovern, 36, recalled the exchange while appearing as a guest host on BBC One's Have I Got News For You.

She said Mr Trump had told her: "I'm going to leave the room to make myself look better, because if we do this interview now everyone is just going to be staring at you and not listening to me."

After pretending to gag she added: "It's because he thought that would be the best way to disarm me.

"He thought as a female journalist, he thought that was the best thing to say to me rather than: 'Oh, I watched your piece on mobile phone insurance last week."'

McGovern said she was unruffled by his comments and told him: "Aye love, I've heard better lines than that down Club Bongo."

Jed Bartlett (as written by Aaron Sorkin): 

I’m the President of the United States, not just of those who agree with me. And if anybody on the left is bothered by this, they can vote for somebody else. 

No. That's not the point of their shows. They don't take Ls, they just pivot to their next take. They are like the worst fantasy football message board posters. If it wasn't so impactful it would be funny.

Uh oh, you anti Trump guys aren't gonna like what happened in the NBC/WSJ poll this week-

President Trump's approval rating before the November elections has jumped to a higher level than former President Obama's ahead of the 2010 midterms, according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. 

The poll found Trump's approval rating at its highest level for that poll yet, at 47 percent. Obama's approval rating was 45 percent around the same time in 2010, according to a similar NBC/Wall Street Journal poll taken in late October 2010. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412445-trumps-approval-rating-jumps-higher-than-obamas-ahead-of-midterms

After watching the President’s response to the attempting bombings and now the synagogue shooting, I think it’s safe to say that supporting him isn’t “political differences.”  It’s a character flaw.  

Admittedly I’ve kinda thought this for a while, but it’s impossible to deny at this point. Telling people to respect the perspective of his supporters and hear them out doesn’t help. They’ve been given chance after chance to defend themselves, and the best they can do is cite to new Supreme Court Justices that any Republican could have nominated, a now-stalling stock market, and “liberal tears.”  If that’s enough for you to tolerate bigotry, misogyny, scapegoating and cruelty that is clearly emboldening a wave of hateful viplence ... well, that pretty much speaks for itself.

After watching the President’s response to the attempting bombings and now the synagogue shooting, I think it’s safe to say that supporting him isn’t “political differences.”  It’s a character flaw.  

Admittedly I’ve kinda thought this for a while, but it’s impossible to deny at this point. Telling people to respect the perspective of his supporters and hear them out doesn’t help. They’ve been given chance after chance to defend themselves, and the best they can do is cite to new Supreme Court Justices that any Republican could have nominated, a now-stalling stock market, and “liberal tears.”  If that’s enough for you to tolerate bigotry, misogyny, scapegoating and cruelty that is clearly emboldening a wave of hateful viplence ... well, that pretty much speaks for itself.
Of course. It always has been. This isn't I'm for/against tax cuts or other policy. These piece of garbage spews hate speech and lies on a daily basis. If he were a fry cook at McDonald's he would be fired but somehow he's the POTUS. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread