What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despicable but I doubt he’ll ever do it. Just another ploy to get the base to vote next week. 

He also wants to change the subject again; I have to admit he’s very good at this. He wants the media to talk about this. 
This is maybe the clearest example yet of how our news media has failed to adjust to the perfect storm of Trump and social media.  With people often only reading headlines or short blurbs, they need to find a way to provide the needed context when Trump makes preposterous claims or throws out ridiculous proposals.  

This tweet sums it up perfectly; simply reporting (even in a headline or tweet) that Trump wants to end birthright citizenship by executive order because he says we're the only ones that do it without reporting that he's lying about us being the only ones that do it and also that such a move would almost certainly be unconstitutional is journalistic malpractice. It is, as the tweet says, like reporting that the President called to congratulate the World Series Champion Buffalo Bills. Sure, the majority of people will know it's just him being an idiot.  But less-informed people will come away thinking that the Bills are a baseball team and that they won the World Series.

All this stuff of course is designed to be focused on one thing: the election a week from now. At this moment Republicans are likely to keep or increase their hold on the Senate, and even more likely to lose the House of Representatives. Trump means to keep the second part from happening. 

I don’t think he’s going to succeed in this. But he might. 

Good, it was a misinterpretation of a rule written when the country was new that makes zero sense as interpreted today. If you travel to any foreign country with your pregnant wife and she gives birth there, would you expect your baby to become a citizen of that country? Of course not.
You can have this opinion and no one faults you for that, however, there are established norms on how to remedy an “issue” within our laws and case law. The method proposed by Trump is not the way to remedy an action that is 200+ years old. 

Jim Sciutto‏Verified account @jimsciutto

New: Pittsburgh Mayor, Pittsburgh County Exec, Senate Majority Leader McConnell, House Speaker Ryan, Senate Minority Schumer, and House Minority Leader Pelosi all tell CNN they have declined WH invite to join Pres Trump in Pittsburgh today.

6:01 AM - 30 Oct 2018

Good, it was a misinterpretation of a rule written when the country was new that makes zero sense as interpreted today. If you travel to any foreign country with your pregnant wife and she gives birth there, would you expect your baby to become a citizen of that country? Of course not.
It was written into the Constitution almost 100 years after the country was new.  1868. And yes, I would if I were in a country on this continent. Because most countries in North and South America have birthright citizenship including Canada and Mexico. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have this opinion and no one faults you for that, however, there are established norms on how to remedy an “issue” within our laws and case law. The method proposed by Trump is not the way to remedy an action that is 200+ years old. 
Uh, I fault him for that.  He appears to not be aware it’s based on the 14th Amendment, not some weird interpretation of some original portion of the Constitution. 

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday in an exclusive interview for "Axios on HBO."

The move would also likely lead to another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts, Axios reported.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/10/30/trump-plans-to-terminate-birthright-citizenship.html
Good thread here with, you know, facts...

https://twitter.com/marthasjones_/status/1057214626075680768?s=21

Odd comment. Trump's own mother wasn't a citizen when she gave birth to Trump's brother. - Trump's children - Jr, Ivanka, Eric & Barron - are the children of two immigrant mothers. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

New: Pittsburgh Mayor, Pittsburgh County Exec, Senate Majority Leader McConnell, House Speaker Ryan, Senate Minority Schumer, and House Minority Leader Pelosi all tell CNN they have declined WH invite to join Pres Trump in Pittsburgh today.

Countdown to fat, stupid, spoiled brat, baby, throwing a tantrum on Twitter... 3-2-1....

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday in an exclusive interview for "Axios on HBO."

The move would also likely lead to another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts, Axios reported.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/10/30/trump-plans-to-terminate-birthright-citizenship.html
So now we get to confirm who are really "plain reading" and "original text" guys.  And who are not.  (As if we didn't already have a good idea.)

Wait, they invited Schumer and Pelosi? They must have been desperate to get anyone with him. He’s either going to cancel and throw a fit on Twitter or he’s gonna go and make a campaign style speech.

DJT just doesn't want anyone in this country that isn't white skinned. He's a full-on blatant racist. Period. 
I don’t agree. I think he’s good with it provided he and his supporters get to control which limited amount can be here and those with such privilege will need to know their place. I think he loves such power and control. 

i know its like asking a dog not to sniff another dog's butt, but the media should completely ignore it.
Should be just a footnote. ‘President Trump claims that he can change the constitution with an executive order. He is wrong.’ The end. No panel discussion, no talk about how it’s clearly just red meat for the base, just a statement.

Let’s say just for the sake of argument that no credible “reveal” happens prior to the midterms.  Will that sway you that he isn’t who you thought/hoped he was?
Yes, I will agree wholeheartedly that he is not who I thought he was if that's the case.  
David:

We are one week from the midterm elections.  Do you believe that there has been a credible "reveal"?

I wish I had this sort of notebook but it always struck me as a lot of work :lol:  
It's been an ongoing conversation.  Back when I was considering becoming a preacher, my pastor told me "if you can save one soul in your life, you've done more than most people who work their whole lives trying."

Is there anything remotely close that he could claim as his Big Reveal?
I don't know.  That's why I'm asking.  This whole ten month process has been to have him explain to me what he believes and whether it turns out to be true.  Just trying to understand his perspective.

There was a whole conversation where someone asked if it was about aliens.  Which would have been super cool.
I don't know which is crazier to believe -- that Donald is the right instrument for bringing down deeply nested corruption in government or that lizard people have infiltrated the "Deep State."

It’s pretty easy for conspiracy theorists to just say “oh did we say midterms we meant the 2020 election” or some such nonsense.
That's why it's been confirmed repeatedly in here from January on.  Dodds isn't running away or backing out on this.  He's all in based on his previous statements.  I don't think he's disingenuous about it, I just want to know how he feels about it now.

That's why it's been confirmed repeatedly in here from January on.  Dodds isn't running away or backing out on this.  He's all in based on his previous statements.  I don't think he's disingenuous about it, I just want to know how he feels about it now.
:popcorn:

Maybe on Monday Don holds a presser with one of the lizard people they're holding at Area 51 and Lizard Dude has learned enough English to say "An invasion is imminent and only Donald Trump can save you earthlings." That could save the Senate for the Republicans.

Not sure if it is new but love the avatar
Lol soon after the election someone misidentified me as a far right conservative because of my Patriots pepe avatar that ive had for years before it was appropriated by the heathens.

Thought it was a fitting change given the circumstances.

Should be just a footnote. ‘President Trump claims that he can change the constitution with an executive order. He is wrong.’ The end. No panel discussion, no talk about how it’s clearly just red meat for the base, just a statement.
do you guys remember when Obama was accused of being a dictator because he pushed thru the DREAM act via executive order? 

I liked one persons reply: 

Philly girl @janise62794570 Replying to @howardfineman and @realDonaldTrump

Third time people in mourning shunned his presence.

Barbara Bush

John McCain

Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread