What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the House jail those responsible for not following the law to turn over the tax returns?  You can go to jail and we will figure it out in court.  Sound good?

I'm not saying that is doable.  Just the lack of creativity by the Democrats is more than annoying.

Republicans didn't seat Garland yet the Democrats cannot even get Trump's tax returns.

Huh.  Another one bites the dust...

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is expected to offer her resignation at a meeting at the White House on Sunday, U.S. officials familiar with the matter say. Nielsen was set to meet with President Trump at 5 p.m., the officials said.
People on twitter comparing her resignation letter to the anonymous NYT op-ed from last September are making a decent case that they have the same author.

Huh.  Another one bites the dust...

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is expected to offer her resignation at a meeting at the White House on Sunday, U.S. officials familiar with the matter say. Nielsen was set to meet with President Trump at 5 p.m., the officials said.
She just want to be able to enjoy Mexican food again

Recently drove through western South Dakota. You can drive a lot of miles without seeing a building...residential or business. And a lot of jobs that companies cannot find enough workers for. Over the road truckers is just one of many.
When they say the country is full, they only do so to stop people from ####hole countries coming in. HTH

And Nielsen calls him “unhinged” on the way out the door.  All is fine.
She was able to spin Trump’s immigration policy i.e.seperating children, no more asylum etc effectively so she had to go. He had to make that look like that was all her fault. Good luck finding anyone who can.

Did she say it or did some "anonymous official" say she said it?
I think this is the quote:

Meanwhile, a a senior administration official told CNN’s Jake Tapper that Nielsen “believed the situation was becoming untenable with the President becoming increasingly unhinged about the border crisis and making unreasonable and even impossible requests.”

So, she probably did not use those words, and even within context it probably just means Trump asking for "unreasonable and impossible"  requests rather than a mental breakdown.

Did she say it or did some "anonymous official" say she said it?
I dunno, a senior administration official.

But consider the context that Trump can’t find a Sec of Defense in 4 months. He can’t find a permanent Chief Of Staff. He can’t find a Sec of Interior. He didn’t have a Director of CBP, just canned his nominee, and pulled the acting to be acting DHS, so now there needs to be an acting for the acting. There’s no nominee for VA.

Sounds really consistent to me.

Looking for (and finding) competent and qualified individuals to fill his various open cabinet positions is clearly not a high priority on DJT's daily/weekly/bi-weekly/monthly agenda. Let's face it though, he's not looking for "competent and qualified." He's mostly been trying to fill these positions with cronies who donated bigly to his campaign(s) or inauguration festivities. By and large these cronies are representatives of businesses (or lobbyists supporting businesses) that are directly affected by the agency's they are selected to head.

I dunno, a senior administration official.

But consider the context that Trump can’t find a Sec of Defense in 4 months. He can’t find a permanent Chief Of Staff. He can’t find a Sec of Interior. He didn’t have a Director of CBP, just canned his nominee, and pulled the acting to be acting DHS, so now there needs to be an acting for the acting. There’s no nominee for VA.

Sounds really consistent to me.
OK. Just wanted confirmation if she actually said it or not since it was posted as if she did.

So, declaring Iran's military unit as a terrorist organization...

The theory I just read is that now Bolton gets his war with Iran without the need for Congressional approval.

Don't know much about this move other than it's apparently unprecedented.

With this "resignation " the following posts have no approved permanent people:

DHS Administrator 

Secretary of Defense 

Secretary of the Air Force

Ambassador to the United Nations 

ICE director

FEMA director 

Secretary of the Interior 

SBA Administrator 

ATF Director 

DEA Administrator 

FDA Administrator 

What could possibly.go wrong?

DHS Administrator 

Secretary of Defense 

ICE director

FEMA director 

SBA Administrator 

ATF Director 

DEA Administrator 

FDA Administrator 

Why isn't this being asked daily at the press briefings or anytime Trump is in front of the press?

DHS Administrator 

Secretary of Defense 

ICE director

FEMA director 

SBA Administrator 

ATF Director 

DEA Administrator 

FDA Administrator 

US Secret Service Director:

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper

Multiple senior administration officials tell CNN that POTUS told chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to fire US Secret Service director Randolph “Tex” Alles, a conversation that took place a week before last. Alles remains in the position as of now but has been asked to leave.

Multiple senior administration officials tell CNN that POTUS told chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to fire US Secret Service director Randolph “Tex” Alles, a conversation that took place a week before last. Alles remains in the position as of now but has been asked to leave.
And technically I should have included Chief of Staff as Mulvaney is acting not permanent IIRC. 

This must be what the cryptic text my buddy sent me was about.

"Wait.  Will be interesting when it gets out"

During a conversation I was having with him over the Mar-A-Lago fiasco.  Seemed confident people would be thrown under the bus.

Has Trump actually fired anyone?

DHS Administrator 

Secretary of Defense 

ICE director

FEMA director 

SBA Administrator 

ATF Director 

DEA Administrator 

FDA Administrator 

Director of Secret Service just fired.   All of these openings seems coupish. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Director of Secret Service just fired.   All of these openings seems coupish. 
YES.

- Why is all the news post Barr letter in the vein of the sort of Code Red that one would expect if the Mueller report had been released in full and implicating Trump in impeachable things.

Last edited by a moderator:
This must be what the cryptic text my buddy sent me was about.

"Wait.  Will be interesting when it gets out"

During a conversation I was having with him over the Mar-A-Lago fiasco.  Seemed confident people would be thrown under the bus.
So did the Chinese massage parlor ladies give happy endings to Secret Service people at Mar-A-Lago?

What a disaster. It’s like a comedy of errors. Except, regarding the state of our government, it’s a tragedy.

But, who could ever have expected this...

The head of the Secret Service, whom Trump just fired, is somebody the President often made fun of for his looks. Trump called him "Dumbo" because he had big ears.

This is a decorated Marine.

The head of the Secret Service, whom Trump just fired, is somebody the President often made fun of for his looks. Trump called him "Dumbo" because he had big ears.

This is a decorated Marine.
I think probably stumbled into the right move here - that Mar-a-lago mess is pretty bad.  Somebody was going to have to go down for that - even if it was Trump who wanted less security there.

I think SS is going to have to insist on locking that place down - even when Trump is not on site.

Trump seems to be removing the leaders from various major agencencies in order to further consolidate power and prevent meaningful opposition from others in power.

He's consolidating power.  In plain sight.
Also asking people to break the law and ignore the judges who tell them otherwise. 

But on the flip side he’s not protesting outside the home of a white nationalism propagandist, or politely asking someone to leave an upscale restaurant. So who’s to say who the real fascists are?

TobiasFunke said:
Remember, wanting to lock innocent small children in cages is neither good nor bad.  It's just a different policy choice, and we should be respectful of both sides of the baby concentration camp arguments and those who make them. Just because someone professes their unwavering passion for ripping children from their parents' arms and throwing them into abusive prisons is no reason to question their character.

Did I do that right, @FBG Moderator?
Good people on both sides of locking kids in cages.

Trump seems to be removing the leaders from various major agencencies in order to further consolidate power and prevent meaningful opposition from others in power.

He's consolidating power.  In plain sight.
If this were a Star Wars movie Trump would be Lando and Putin, Vader. Which makes it that much more scarier. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread