What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>Judge Barry had been a co-owner of a shell company — All County Building Supply & Maintenance — created by the family to siphon cash from their father’s empire by marking up purchases already made by his employees, The Times investigation found. Judge Barry, her siblings and a cousin split the markup, free of gift and estate taxes, which at the time were levied at a much higher rate than income taxes.

On a financial disclosure form filed in 1999, Judge Barry noted that her share of the All County profits for the previous 17 months totaled just over $1 million.

The family also used the padded invoices to justify higher rent increases in rent-regulated buildings, artificially inflating the rents of thousands of tenants. Former prosecutors told The Times that if the authorities had discovered at the time how the Trumps were using All County, their actions would have warranted a criminal investigation for defrauding tenants, tax fraud and filing false documents.

Similarly, Judge Barry benefited from the gross undervaluation of her father’s properties when she and her siblings took ownership of them through a trust, sparing them from paying tens of millions of dollars in taxes, The Times found. For years, she attended regular briefings at her brother’s offices in Trump Tower to hear updates on the real estate portfolio and to collect her share of the profits. When the siblings sold off their father’s empire, between 2004 and 2006, her share of the windfall was $182.5 million, The Times found.<<

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 52s52 seconds ago

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Mnuchin says Treasury Department unable to deliver Trump tax returns by deadline; will continue to review request.

:yawn:    Seems less than truthful

:shrug:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 52s52 seconds ago

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Mnuchin says Treasury Department unable to deliver Trump tax returns by deadline; will continue to review request.

:yawn:    Seems less than truthful

:shrug:
Mnuchin is on record as saying Treasury has nothing to do with such requests. Yesterday at hearing the IRS Commish said while yes it’s entirely his decision his office had heard from Treasury which was providing guidance. Today Mnuchin issues the response himself, and it says there isn’t a response yet. I have to say, it seems like they are really struggling to come up with something here.

Mnuchin is on record as saying Treasury has nothing to do with such requests. Yesterday at hearing the IRS Commish said while yes it’s entirely his decision his office had heard from Treasury which was providing guidance. Today Mnuchin issues the response himself, and it says there isn’t a response yet. I have to say, it seems like they are really struggling to come up with something here.
I think the fact the GOP used this to get returns also makes it more difficult to flat out deny the request.

:rolleyes:

"We need to make sure that the IRS and the individual taxpayer info does not become subject to political wills," said Mnuchin on the sidelines of the International Monetary Fund. "I take the obligation very seriously to make sure we follow the law correctly."

BTW - because so much happens in the Trump era, I did not get a chance to properly laugh at Representative Massie yesterday.

Kerry nailed it:  "Are you serious?  Is this seriously happening here?"   

:lmao:   :lmao:

"Can we all just appreciate for a moment that the older sister of the sitting President of the United States just retired so as to avoid an inquiry into a decades-long tax fraud scheme  she participated in *with the President* (who is still in office) nyti.ms/2YVyzuS "
But has she been convicted yet?

mrip541 said:
"Can we all just appreciate for a moment that the older sister of the sitting President of the United States just retired so as to avoid an inquiry into a decades-long tax fraud scheme  she participated in *with the President* (who is still in office) nyti.ms/2YVyzuS "
Maybe she retired since she was old.  She has been serving since 1983 and has been inactive for two years.  Some hack files a complaint based on a NY Times hit piece.   If there is a issue, the IRS can investigate.  As it is, this is simply a complaint filed by some Trump hater.  

Maybe she retired since she was old.  She has been serving since 1983 and has been inactive for two years.  Some hack files a complaint based on a NY Times hit piece.   If there is a issue, the IRS can investigate.  As it is, this is simply a complaint filed by some Trump hater.  
It's past the statute of limitations for the IRS to investigate.  The only investigatory body that could have looked into it was this judicial conduct council.  In my experience (very anecdotal), judges typically give a much longer notice prior to retirement although I'm not really familiar with judges that are listed as "inactive" like she was.  The NY Times piece was highly researched over a period of many months and included original documentation about most of its allegations.  The motivation for filing the complaint doesn't seem very relevant to whether the allegations in the complaint had merit.

So, yeah, maybe she just retired due to age, but the timing is very suspicious.  I'm not sure any of these folks are really entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1

Josh Dawsey Retweeted Donald J. Trump

One reason White House officials often decline to speak on the record: POTUS will undercut any of them at any time. White House strenuously told Wash Post yesterday that the idea was not under consideration and that we’d be wrong to say it was.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....

Ladies and Gentlemen - our President - a lesson in chaos...

Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1

Josh Dawsey Retweeted Donald J. Trump

One reason White House officials often decline to speak on the record: POTUS will undercut any of them at any time. White House strenuously told Wash Post yesterday that the idea was not under consideration and that we’d be wrong to say it was.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only....

Ladies and Gentlemen - our President - a lesson in chaos...
Like I was saying, he has no plan. He's just saying whatever comes to mind at the time and whatever he thinks the audience wants to hear.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!

I am so glad we elected an internet troll to hold the most powerful office on earth.

He's pure scum.

You can at least have an hour long dialogue about his qualifications.  They aren't good ones but at least there is something there for the position.  I mean there is literally nothing about Cain you can argue with.   The idea of a 4th rate pizza owner and failed presidential bid  having the high of a position is like Ben Carson X 100

:(

Trump reportedly told the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection that if he was sent to jail as a result of blocking migrants from entering the U.S. (in violation of the law), Trump would grant him a pardon.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/politics/trump-cbp-commissioner-pardon/index.html
Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 28m28 minutes ago

Telling an official to break the law and then telling that same official he'll be pardoned if he's sent to jail for breaking the law is quite a message for the law and order candidate.

Yeah, you can't make this stuff up.

....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!

I am so glad we elected an internet troll to hold the most powerful office on earth.

He's pure scum.
100% agree. Not so sure what to think about the many fine folk who approve of and support him (for whatever reason.) I'll be suspended or banned if I honestly stated what I think of those fine folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

Trump reportedly told the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection that if he was sent to jail as a result of blocking migrants from entering the U.S. (in violation of the law), Trump would grant him a pardon.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/12/politics/trump-cbp-commissioner-pardon/index.html
Hell Toupee :heart: this because it's awesome throwing innocent people in a cell because they don't want to be murdered and stuff. 

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 28m28 minutes ago

Telling an official to break the law and then telling that same official he'll be pardoned if he's sent to jail for breaking the law is quite a message for the law and order candidate.

Yeah, you can't make this stuff up.
Hell Toupee :cry: this, my impression because of the :heart:. because of (lol) liberal tears.  Same as the other Trump supporters, and Trump himself, too scared to get in trouble so has to be passive aggressive.  

Trump raised 30 million in the first quarter for his re-election bid.  Average amount given was 35.00.  That’s a lot of people sending him cash.  He has about 40 million to date.  How do people still support him.

Trump raised 30 million in the first quarter for his re-election bid.  Average amount given was 35.00.  That’s a lot of people sending him cash.  He has about 40 million to date.  How do people still support him.
They got their refund from the wall go fund me

Fitting seeing Trump is giving Tiger the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Shows you can be a rich successful jerk and repeatedly cheat on your wife but still be loved by the American people. That’s true American freedom.

Fitting seeing Trump is giving Tiger the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Shows you can be a rich successful jerk and repeatedly cheat on your wife but still be loved by the American people. That’s true American freedom.
Just don’t be gay...or BillyBob won’t vote for you I’m told.

November 25:

"So great that oil prices are falling (thank you President T). Add that, which is like a big Tax Cut, to our other good Economic news. Inflation down (are you listening Fed)!" - Donald Trump

April 15: 

No tweets.    I'll help:  Gas prices highest since 2015 (thank you President T).    I guess we should consider it a big Tax increase?   Monthly inflation has been going up since November as well.

$35 for 4 years of Netflix-esque quality entertainment for them?

(I mostly kid)

So weird to watch Crazy Bernie on @FoxNews. Not surprisingly, @BretBaier and the “audience” was so smiley and nice. Very strange, and now we have @donnabrazile?

"Audience"

"we"

So weird to watch Crazy Bernie on @FoxNews. Not surprisingly, @BretBaier and the “audience” was so smiley and nice. Very strange, and now we have @donnabrazile?

"Audience"

"we"
We also = equals audience, the viewers 

Are you on any of his mailing lists?   The emails are pretty misleading.   It's always something like "Democrats are Trying to Open our Borders!  Help us fight them!"  Then it's  a couple paragraphs of fearmongering and a description of some bill that got introduced.   The email then asks for a donation to fight against this horrible thing.  Only at the bottom, in small print, does it say that you're contributing to his re-election campaign.

Just gonna pause and point out, probably again, that our president suggested another country handle a major fire in their country by dumping tons of water on it, and was publicly rebuked by the country because the idea was stupid and would've caused the building to collapse.

And no one really batted an eye.

Our standards for presidential leadership have dropped so low that sheer idiocy doesn't even make us look twice.

Folks on an online forum making the suggestion probably get more push-back from their fellow forum members, than Trump did throughout the entire country.

Our standards for presidential leadership have dropped so low that sheer idiocy doesn't even make us look twice.
That happened during the Bush (W)  years, I believe. WMDs anyone?

ETA: Although "Grenada,"concerns over the 600 U.S. medical students on the island"", "I did not have sex with that woman" are reasonable examples too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread