What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we see the defend by nitpicking whether it violated the vacancies act vs. how messed up it is that he keeps avoiding having actual directors confirmed vs. these Acting directors all over the place.

If he picks someone else besides Gordon then when Coats leaves on the 15th and Trump appoints that person as Acting then he will be in violation then.
It seems well within his right to pick someone else according to what I've posted. If he didn't pick someone and just left it vacant, then yes, that would be a violation.

Do you ever stop being a board cop?
So...I post what I did = board cop?

You and others nitpick that it may not be a violation of the act while ignoring the bigger point...not board cop?

There is no difference...we both made observations based on the posts being posted.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So...I post what I did = board cop?

You and others nitpick that it may not be a violation of the act while ignoring the bigger point...not board cop?

There is no difference...we both made observations based on the posts being posted.  One difference now...you decided to make it about me rather than what I said.  Try not doing that.
You're the one that called my post nitpicking. Try not doing that. 

You're the one that called my post nitpicking. Try not doing that. 
A.   I didn't quote any actual post.

B.  I bolded a difference for you.  I talked about the post...not the person.  

Carry on worrying about the act and not the number of people in "Active" positions to get around confirming them.  Saints has been talking about them for a while...

There won't be a vacancy in the position if he names a replacement. I doubt that he has no other option than to promote Gordon to the position. 
Coats isn't leaving until the 15th, if Trump replaces him before then he's firing him and a different law besides the Vacancies Act takes effect, and at any rate the ODNI law would still apply. 

Coats isn't leaving until the 15th, if Trump replaces him before then he's firing him and a different law besides the Vacancies Act takes effect, and at any rate the ODNI law would still apply. 
That can't be accurate. There should be the possibility of replacing Coats with someone besides Gordon without violating a rule.

That can't be accurate. There should be the possibility of replacing Coats with someone besides Gordon without violating a rule.
What part of the US Constitution’s Appointments Clause and the post 9/11/01 intelligence reforms tells you this?

So Trump tweet gloated about Elijah Cummings' house getting broke into. 

He's just a pretty dang gross person. How does that advance the interests of the American People.  

Have you no sense of decency? 

He's just a pretty dang gross person. How does that advance the interests of the American People.  

"Hey, he said 'Too bad'. That shows that he cares. You're the one who isn't showing decency!" /Trumpguy

What could go wrong is that the US has now terminated 2 of the 3 landmark treaties under Reagan and are almost guaranteeing the start of a new Cold War.
Don’t you see that Trump is defeating global warming by starting a Cold War?! And Russia is going to pay for it. 5-D chess. Winning!

The exclamation point is telling imo, but POTUS says otherwise. 

Not to be outdone by making deals with terrorist groups to get out of Afghanistan.  I'm not saying this isn't a good move (I dont know one way or the other) but the Trump supporters have to be pissed he's negotiating with terrorists right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-preparing-to-withdraw-thousands-of-troops-from-afghanistan-in-initial-deal-with-taliban/2019/08/01/01e97126-b3ac-11e9-8f6c-7828e68cb15f_story.html?utm_term=.38ad03711f5c
U.S. officials acknowledged there are legitimate concerns that the Taliban might not break with al-Qaeda, as Washington has demanded, or stand up to the Islamic State. Still, officials may be content with a partial troop withdrawal that opens the door to additional negotiations and keeps the counterterrorism mission alive as the status quo becomes politically untenable.

The Taliban has refused to talk with the Afghan government, which it calls a puppet regime, until it reaches a deal with the United States on its troops.

....Afghan government officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the discussions, said they expected that an initial U.S. deal with the Taliban would include some U.S. troop reductions but did not know what numbers or timetable might be proposed.

The officials said they were pleased to hear that a U.S. proposal would require the Taliban to meet with them. But some expressed concerns that a partial pullout would embolden the Taliban.

“The Americans call this a peace negotiation, but the Taliban definitely perceive it as a withdrawal negotiation,” one Afghan official said.

But some Afghan officials fear that a preliminary deal outlining a U.S. withdrawal could weaken their negotiating position during intra-Afghan talks and eventually leave them alone to fight the ­battle-hardened Taliban.

One of the concerns is that gains made since the fall of the Taliban could be erased if the group, which seeks to reestablish an Islamic emirate, becomes part of a power-sharing government. Women’s rights groups are especially concerned, given the Taliban’s restrictions on women and opposition to educating girls. 
The USA has been negotiating with the Taliban without our Afghan allies.

It would be disgraceful if we negotiated a withdrawal without them, hopefully that does not happen.

Whistleblower Allegations Surfaced Just Before DNI Pick John Ratcliffe Withdrew

Trump blamed the media for his nominee’s withdrawal, but it may have to do with his proximity to a company accused of being instrumental in reprisal against a whistleblower.

An email disclosing Rep. John Ratcliffe’s (R-TX) alleged involvement in a controversial whistleblowing case reached the White House prior to the announcement Friday that he was withdrawing his name from consideration for Director of National Intelligence, according to two sources with knowledge of the correspondence.

The email, originally sent to the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, laid out how Ratcliffe promoted a company accused of being instrumental in the reprisal against a whistleblower and their cybersecurity efforts, according to one of those sources. The Government Accountability Project, an organization that protects whistleblowers, is helping represent the unnamed government employee. Details about the case are being closely held in part because of security reasons. 

The organization sent information on its client’s disclosure to the committee Wednesday morning. The email then circulated among Republicans in Washington, including some White House officials, who did not think Ratcliffe was up to the job of DNI, according to two sources with direct knowledge.

...Ratcliffe’s third-largest campaign donor in the 2019-2020 cycle, according to Open Secrets, a non-profit that tracks the intersection of money in politics, is a company that forced the shutdown of a critical government cybersecurity office. That’s according to an individual familiar with the whistleblower’s disclosure. Ratcliffe hosted the company in front of the House Homeland Security’s Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, the source said.

“While I am concerned that there was never a complete review of the facts of this case as it related to Mr. Ratcliffe … I’m thankful the committee took this matter seriously,” said Irvin McCullough, a national security analyst at the Government Accountability Project. “This engagement exemplifies the need for policymakers to continue championing their work with courageous whistleblowers willing to speak truth to power.”  ...

I don’t think he much cares about El Paso, except for how it affects him - his re-election chances, his value of his properties, etc. Everything else is noise to him.
Trump has the best people working on all that.  Until they become not the best and get fired just like the rest.

Also...Im sure those that blamed “the squad” for things Antifa did will totally be on board blaming Trump for the shooting?

I look forward to this response when Trump supporters post it as a positive then.
I say the exact same thing, have for years.  What struck me funny about Bucky's quote is he positively attributed Obama with creating those jobs, but couldn't bring himself to use that wording with the Trump numbers. 

I say the exact same thing, have for years.  What struck me funny about Bucky's quote is he positively attributed Obama with creating those jobs, but couldn't bring himself to use that wording with the Trump numbers. 
His wording inferred it was the same as the previous.

I mostly agree. The President has very little to do with job creation. I wonder, too, then if you agree that he has very little to do with the stock market. If you believe he does, what’s the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread