What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was part of the original argument for his election. He might buck both sides and might actually get things done. 

The truth is he is not actually in charge of anything. He is "in charge". I can't think of much he has done policy wise that would put him in the maverick zone. 

Just like Gover norquist said they just need someone with an opposable thumb to sign what was put in front of him. That's what they got.  
Oh yeah I really don’t have much faith and am grasping for straws

You think?

I will give him props this AM for when discussing gun legislation he pointed out that it doesn't make sense that you have to be 21 to buy a handgun but the shooter was able to buy that weapon at 18. He asked a what I think was a Republican if that was being addressed in his new bill and the lawmaker said "no" and Trump responded with, "You know why? You're afraid of the NRA." That was momentarily refreshing. I wish he could somehow accomplish a couple things that are a longterm good for the country so we can at least find one ray of light out this presidency. 
Slow your roll, baby.

Trump says NRA's views should be 'respected' as Congress weighs gun action

IvanKaramazov said:
A mass shooting inspired by the guy who is smiling for the camera and giving two thumbs up.
It's like a movie, this kid is going to grow up take revenge on his family or something- like Don Vito Corleone

Last edited by a moderator:
That one guy said:
I know I’m late to the party, but holy hell that thumbs up.  He’s done and said a lot of things I would label as dumb.  That pic with him flashing that hand gesture, it’s infuriating and maddening.  I don’t care how innocently that moment may have come about, there is NOTHING about the entire situation and moment that allows for such a gesture.  Good chance I’d have hoofed him in the front-butt had I been there and witnessed live 
The whole thing seems off to me. The treated like a "Rockstar" comment seems wrong in so many ways considering where he was and what he was there for.

Trump said, "I think my base relies very much on common sense. And they rely on me, in terms of telling them what's happening."

:lmao:  to the first part and 💯 on the second part.
I  heard that comment and my initial thought was "well, which is it?  do they rely on common sense or on you?" :mellow:  

That one guy said:
I know I’m late to the party, but holy hell that thumbs up.  He’s done and said a lot of things I would label as dumb.  That pic with him flashing that hand gesture, it’s infuriating and maddening.  I don’t care how innocently that moment may have come about, there is NOTHING about the entire situation and moment that allows for such a gesture.  Good chance I’d have hoofed him in the front-butt had I been there and witnessed live 
Yep, he might as well flipped the camera the bird in the picture, the "thumbs up" has the same effect :(

nothing borderline about it.
It's true and it partially explains it all.  You look at the branch davidians or any other cult and you say to yourself, how can anyone follow and believe what this low life says....yet there they are.  I have the same feeling with Trump

@realDonaldTrump

38m

Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate! They like to call themselves “Elite,” but they are not Elite. In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite. The movie coming out is made in order........to inflame and cause chaos. They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!

Ladies and gentleman, the President of the United States!

:doh:

@realDonaldTrump

38m

Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate! They like to call themselves “Elite,” but they are not Elite. In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite. The movie coming out is made in order........to inflame and cause chaos. They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!

Ladies and gentleman, the President of the United States!

:doh:
What’s he babbling about?

I’ll watch it when it hits the TV movie channels.  Hollywood neuters its real or perceived moral authority or credibility on gun violence issues by putting out films like this though. 

Which I am fine with.  They shouldn’t have any anyway.   
Me too. My comments were just about an actor that was in GLOW and in this flick.

Trump is such a missed opportunity too.  He has a cult following.  All he cares about is popularity.  He has no political compass.

He could have gotten universal healthcare passed and been one of the most popular presidents ever.  He could get gun legisation passed.

Yes, im taking libera policies.  But they are also hugeLy popular with the public.

He could avoid jail if he pushed policies like these.

Instead he is either too dumb or just making a fortune. Probably both.

Trump is such a missed opportunity too.  He has a cult following.  All he cares about is popularity.  He has no political compass.

He could have gotten universal healthcare passed and been one of the most popular presidents ever.  He could get gun legisation passed.

Yes, im taking libera policies.  But they are also hugeLy popular with the public.

He could avoid jail if he pushed policies like these.

Instead he is either too dumb or just making a fortune. Probably both.
The funny thing is i bet you if stephen speilburg really flattered him about how great he was and offered him 30 million to star in a movie, trump would ditch the whole thing to move into hollywood

moleculo said:
Limbaugh was ranting about this yesterday.

It's almost as if these people's messages are coordinated. 
Or that the President is an echo chamber for the Limbaughs and Hannitys of the world.

this is among people likely to vote republican next time. the only way IMHO it could be significant is if overall fewer people expected to vote tepublican
Maybe I’m not following but let’s just say it was 91% previously and now is 86% - you don’t think a decrease of 5% is significant?  Sure, we can be shocked that his support is still that high but I’m more focused on the decrease.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread