What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GOP likes to downplay its lack of gender diversity at the highest elected levels, couching it in terms of "we just try to run and elect the best person, regardless of gender (or race)." But the partial result is a deliberative body that views certain issues only from a male traditionalist perspective and that perspective cost them large number of votes last November and may do so again next November.

Still guessing this person remains a Trump supporter....

https://apnews.com/ca1b9844d6fa4bb7a8169de4bf62dc96

The rally was interrupted about a half an hour in by a handful of protesters near the rafters of the arena. As the protesters were being led out, a Trump supporter wearing a “Trump 2020” shirt near them began enthusiastically shaking his fist in a sign of support for the president.

But Trump mistook him for one of the protesters and said to the crowd: “That guy’s got a serious weight problem. Go home. Start exercising. Get him out of here, please.”

After a pause, he added, “Got a bigger problem than I do.”

The rally was interrupted about a half an hour in by a handful of protesters near the rafters of the arena. As the protesters were being led out, a Trump supporter wearing a “Trump 2020” shirt near them began enthusiastically shaking his fist in a sign of support for the president.

But Trump mistook him for one of the protesters and said to the crowd: “That guy’s got a serious weight problem. Go home. Start exercising. Get him out of here, please.”

So this is what it sounds like when the doves cry. 

Update: He is still a Trump supporter.  And this reply about covers it.

Let’s say Greenland was available for a trillion dollars.  Would you pay that? I think I would.
Are we saying $1 trillion today or over some time span, like 30 years? That would be an easy "yes" answer either way. However, the Danish are not stupid. Are the Danish hurting for money that they have to start thinking about selling their assets? I'm sure they are reading the same reports as everyone else about what Greenland has. I'm sure they have the inside track on the resources there as well. No way do the Danish want/need to sell therefore, why would they?

Trump is simply deflecting from whatever news is happening. Oddly, the Greenland thing is not a dumb idea but there is zero chance of it happening. I'd much prefer Nova Scotia.

Trump’s speech at a Shell plant drew thousands of workers. They were paid overtime to be there.

Workers at a Royal Dutch Shell plant in Monaca, Pa., were forced to choose Tuesday between attending a speech by President Trump or forgoing overtime pay that their co-workers would earn.

Attendance was optional, but contract workers who chose not to stand in the crowd would not qualify for time-and-a-half pay when they arrived at work Friday, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” a supervisor for one of the contractors wrote to workers, according to the Post-Gazette.

The contractor’s memo also banned yelling, protesting or “anything viewed as resistance” at Trump’s speech, the Post-Gazette reported
FREEDOM!!! 

Are we saying $1 trillion today or over some time span, like 30 years? That would be an easy "yes" answer either way. However, the Danish are not stupid. Are the Danish hurting for money that they have to start thinking about selling their assets? I'm sure they are reading the same reports as everyone else about what Greenland has. I'm sure they have the inside track on the resources there as well. No way do the Danish want/need to sell therefore, why would they?

Trump is simply deflecting from whatever news is happening. Oddly, the Greenland thing is not a dumb idea but there is zero chance of it happening. I'd much prefer Nova Scotia.
The Danish debt to GDP ratio is about 1/3 of what ours is. They’re not hurting for money. 

Also, they have universal government funded healthcare and average income per resident of over $30,000 in Greenland.  Forget why Denmark would want to sell them, why would they want to join the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Danish debt to GDP ratio is about 1/3 of what ours is. They’re not hurting for money. 

Also, they have universal government funded healthcare and average income per resident of over $30,000 in Greenland.  Forget why Denmark would want to sell them, why would they want to join the US?
Bingo to both the forget why and the why

Justice Department defends Led Zeppelin in lawsuit over "Stairway To Heaven"

Finally Bill Barr does something that I endorse 100%! :headbang:

To sum up what happened in this case:

• representatives of Randy California (author of the song "Taurus" by '60s rock band Spirit) sued Zep in 2014, arguing that "Stairway" was a copy of "Taurus".
  • a jury ruled in Zep's favor in 2016.
  • the verdict was appealed, and the appeals court ruled that the case should be retried because the original judge had given the jury some improper instructions.
  • one of the key aspects of the appeals court ruling was that the judge should not have blocked the jury from hearing the original studio recordings of both songs -- even though copyright law at the time ONLY applied to printed sheet music.
  • the Justice Department has filed a friend-of-the-court brief, agreeing with the original judge.
The latest appeal will be heard in September. 

• representatives of Randy California (author of the song "Taurus" by '60s rock band Spirit) sued Zep in 2014, arguing that "Stairway" was a copy of "Taurus".
  • the verdict was appealed, and the appeals court ruled that the case should be retried because the original judge had given the jury some improper instructions.
  • one of the key aspects of the appeals court ruling was that the judge should not have blocked the jury from hearing the original studio recordings of both songs -- even though copyright law at the time ONLY applied to printed sheet music.
  • the Justice Department has filed a friend-of-the-court brief, agreeing with the original judge.
Despite the Department of Justice’s stance, in response to an appeal by the Wolfe estate, the three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals still ordered a new trial Friday, continuing the five-year legal battle. The appeals court found that the previous judge erred during jury instructions as well as refusing to allow the Wolfe estate’s legal team to play “Taurus” during Jimmy Plant’s testimony, Variety reports.
Oh, Rolling Stone.   What has become of you?

The DOJ is currently arguing Christian employers should be able to make female employees wear skirts. This is the SHARIA LAW IS COMING TO KILL US crowd. Real life. Religious extremists. Right now. And we got a million newly minted judges to enforce it. Nice country we had there for a minute. 

The DOJ is currently arguing Christian employers should be able to make female employees wear skirts. This is the SHARIA LAW IS COMING TO KILL US crowd. Real life. Religious extremists. Right now. And we got a million newly minted judges to enforce it. Nice country we had there for a minute. 
Serious question, what's wrong with pants? 

They can still sue in a British court, right? 

They can still sue in a British court, right? 
I think they can only sue in the country where their own song was originally copyrighted.

The guy who wrote the Spirit track (Randy California) had decided not to file a lawsuit over the song, but 17 years after he died, his "estate" decided to make a claim. The previous jury dismissed that claim, but an appeals court has tentatively ruled that the case should be re-tried.

Trump cancelled a diplomatic meeting with the leader of Denmark because she said she wouldn’t sell him a part of her nation. 

Its all just gotten so sick and weird. 
He's such a maladapted adolescent clown. And people support him and think he's a great guy. Unbelievable.

Trump retweets:The Jewish people love him like he is the King of Israel. They love him like he's the second coming of God. 

Historians will marvel at how far we let this go. 

Trump retweets:The Jewish people love him like he is the King of Israel. They love him like he's the second coming of God. 

Historians will marvel at how far we let this go. 
As mentioned in another thread (I think by IK), the subtle humor in the Jews considering him the "second coming" is just perfect.  The writers for this simulation really can bring the wit sometimes. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread