What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to think back to November 9, 2016 and if ‘Trump cancelled trip to Nato ally for refusal to discuss selling part of their country’ and ‘Trump declares American Jews who don’t support him as disloyal’ would have been laughable or believable. Not really sure.

I’m trying to think back to November 9, 2016 and if ‘Trump cancelled trip to Nato ally for refusal to discuss selling part of their country’ and ‘Trump declares American Jews who don’t support him as disloyal’ would have been laughable or believable. Not really sure.
We missed out a little in not setting up a pool predicting future Trump silliness. I don't the imagination to be any good at it but we have a lot of guys here who do.

I'm going all in on him trying to call off the 2020 elections when it shows him losing bigly in the polls.
Even money on him not accepting the results should he lose. Because, Google and rigged elections and all. Perhaps "busloads" of illegals coming up from Mexico and the "illegals" who came from Puerto Rico to vote in Florida.

"Literally hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from Puerto Rico voted in Florida!"

Even money on him not accepting the results should he lose. Because, Google and rigged elections and all. Perhaps "busloads" of illegals coming up from Mexico and the "illegals" who came from Puerto Rico to vote in Florida.

"Literally hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from Puerto Rico voted in Florida!"
I think I called this as what would happen in 2020 back in 2016 before that Trump thread was self-destructed.

This is half a million out of 150 million jobs, so it's not an epic disaster. But it is the big revision from BLS and may be another indicator that the economy is a bit softer.

Trump retweets:The Jewish people love him like he is the King of Israel. They love him like he's the second coming of God. 

Historians will marvel at how far we let this go. 
So insane. It was't a retweet either. It was typed out quoting of something supposedly an Israeli radio personality said. It also mentions that American Jews don't know what they are doing anyone. The Republican Party is a total joke. 

Justice Department defends Led Zeppelin in lawsuit over "Stairway To Heaven"

Finally Bill Barr does something that I endorse 100%! :headbang:

To sum up what happened in this case:

• representatives of Randy California (author of the song "Taurus" by '60s rock band Spirit) sued Zep in 2014, arguing that "Stairway" was a copy of "Taurus".
  • a jury ruled in Zep's favor in 2016.
  • the verdict was appealed, and the appeals court ruled that the case should be retried because the original judge had given the jury some improper instructions.
  • one of the key aspects of the appeals court ruling was that the judge should not have blocked the jury from hearing the original studio recordings of both songs -- even though copyright law at the time ONLY applied to printed sheet music.
  • the Justice Department has filed a friend-of-the-court brief, agreeing with the original judge.
The latest appeal will be heard in September. 
Did you actually read the opinion carefully?  I know this sounds like a good ruling on the surface, but you'll want to be sure.  Because, you know, sometimes words have two meanings.

• representatives of Randy California (author of the song "Taurus" by '60s rock band Spirit) sued Zep in 2014, arguing that "Stairway" was a copy of "Taurus".
I'm thinking of Randy California sitting in his suburban 2br/1ba apartment drumming his fingers for years waiting to find out if he will get millions and millions of dollars in royalties.

By the way, aren't most Christians going to be a little bothered that their god is considered the God of other religions

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump retweets:The Jewish people love him like he is the King of Israel. They love him like he's the second coming of God. 

Historians will marvel at how far we let this go. 
"second coming of God"?  I'm pretty sure that jews don't believe in a second coming.  we are seriously living in the upside down.  

I caught a few minutes on the lawn rant.  Two things. Let the Denmark absurd comment go.  wasted too much time on that.  Also is Trump lying when he kept repeating that Obama was the one who built the cages at the border as he stated that at least 2-3 times.

The second coming of god thing got me to thinking: how many evangelicals support Israel just out of the biblical prophecy of the Second Coming?

A Washington Post poll says half, but behind paywall.

Should then add

Republicans:  What he said wasn't actually racist in the first place...how dare you make this about race since the Russia thing didn't work out....

So wait a minute, the same president who talked about how he was going to end the opioid crisis in our country has decided that the cure to stop or slow down the number of veteran suicides in our country is this "stimulant" created by Johnson & Johnson?

At this point I can't tell if he is getting dumber or he realizes how stupid and factually lazy we are and doubled downed

By the way, aren't most Christians going to be a little bothered that their god is considered the God of other religions
Considering the way Trump acts towards the sick, poor and disabled.  How he glorifies wealth over all else.  I challenge anyone to find any of Jesus's core teachings that to where Trump doesn't have the exact opposite stance.  Anyhow, this seems relevant to this most recent proclamation:

As the crowning act in the great drama of deception, Satan himself will impersonate Christ. The church has long professed to look to the Saviour's advent as the consummation of her hopes. Now the great deceiver will make it appear that Christ has come. In different parts of the earth, Satan will manifest himself among men as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description of the Son of God given by John in the Revelation. (Revelation 1:13-15). The glory that surrounds him is unsurpassed by anything that mortal eyes have yet beheld. The shout of triumph rings out upon the air: "Christ has come! Christ has come!" The people prostrate themselves in adoration before him, while he lifts up his hands and pronounces a blessing upon them, as Christ blessed His disciples when He was upon the earth. His voice is soft and subdued, yet full of melody. In gentle, compassionate tones he presents some of the same gracious, heavenly truths which the Saviour uttered; he heals the diseases of the people, and then, in his assumed character of Christ, he claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday, and commands all to hallow the day which he has blessed.

I caught a few minutes on the lawn rant.  Two things. Let the Denmark absurd comment go.  wasted too much time on that.  Also is Trump lying when he kept repeating that Obama was the one who built the cages at the border as he stated that at least 2-3 times.
It's true that the Obama administration converted an existing warehouse into an immigrant detention facility.

What Trump and his supporters fail to mention is that Obama didn't use that facility as the focal point of a deliberate family separation policy.

So, when Trump says "Obama built the cages!" he's attempting to distract the people from the real story, which is "I created a family separation policy!"

Considering the way Trump acts towards the sick, poor and disabled.  How he glorifies wealth over all else.  I challenge anyone to find any of Jesus's core teachings that to where Trump doesn't have the exact opposite stance.
I remember issuing a similar challenge much earlier in this thread when Trump was invited to speak at the national Jamboree for The Boy Scouts of America. I couldn’t think of anyone who would legitimately be invited to speak that would less exemplify the values of the Boy Scouts. 

The following is the Scout Law of the Boy Scouts of America.  Is there even a single one of these that we feel our current President exemplifies?

The Scout Law, excerpted from the Boy Scout Handbook:

A Scout is Trustworthy.

A Scout tells the truth. He is honest, and he keeps his promises. People can depend on him.

A Scout is Loyal.

A Scout is true to his family, friends, Scout leaders, school, and nation.

A Scout is Helpful.

A Scout cares about other people. He willingly volunteers to help others without expecting payment or reward.

A Scout is Friendly.

A Scout is a friend to all. He is a brother to other Scouts. He offers his friendship to people of all races and nations, and respects them even if their beliefs and customs are different from his own.

A Scout is Courteous.

A Scout is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. He knows that using good manners makes it easier for people to get along.

A Scout is Kind.

A Scout knows there is strength in being gentle. He treats others as he wants to be treated. Without good reason, he does not harm or kill any living thing.

A Scout is Obedient.

A Scout follows the rules of his family, school, and troop. He obeys the laws of his community and country. If he thinks these rules and laws are unfair, he tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobeying them.

A Scout is Cheerful.

A Scout looks for the bright side of life. He cheerfully does tasks that come his way. He tries to make others happy.

A Scout is Thrifty.

A Scout works to pay his own way and to help others. He saves for the future. He protects and conserves natural resources. He carefully uses time and property.

A Scout is Brave.

A Scout can face danger although he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh at him or threaten him.

A Scout is Clean.

A Scout keeps his body and mind fit and clean. He chooses the company of those who live by high standards. He helps keep his home and community clean.

A Scout is Reverent.

A Scout is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties. He respects the beliefs of others.

Considering the way Trump acts towards the sick, poor and disabled.  How he glorifies wealth over all else.  I challenge anyone to find any of Jesus's core teachings that to where Trump doesn't have the exact opposite stance.  Anyhow, this seems relevant to this most recent proclamation:
My favorite line--when asked for his favorite Bible verse, Trump said "That eye for an eye thing was pretty good". Yes, he picked the one Old Testament verse specifically repudiated by Jesus.

:lmao:   :lmao:

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1

Trump claimed today that he sought to give himself a Medal of Honor, but decided not to after being counseled against the move by aides.
Probably figured being named King of Israel and being the Second coming of God was enough for one day. Better save something for tomorrow. 

I remember the day when President Trump would just say 1 or 2 crazy things.. How do you keep up with all his crazy things?   Today as an example  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread