What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is disgusting - 17 year old incoming Harvard student got deported for, wait for it....   Social media posts.....  From his FRIENDS. What kind of guilt-by-association-anti-free-speech BS is this????  https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2019/8/27/incoming-freshman-deported/

This administration has made it clear time and again that it wants no immigrants coming to the US - with the possible exception of some Norwegiens.*

*And other white Euros, I assume.

Trumpists doubt  that Trump has lied over 11,000 times in the last few years but he was able to pack in quite a few in a little over an hour. 

1. Trump claims first lady has 'gotten to know' Kim Jong Un, White House clarifies they've never met.

2. Russia did not take  Crimea from President Obama, he took it from the Ukraine

3. Trump claims if Russia had annexed Crimea during his watch he would have admitted he made a mistake and apologized.

Fact check- No he wouldn't have. Donald has never admitted he made a mistake and has never apologized for anything, EVER.

4. Once again Dear President. Tariffs are Import taxes paid by the "buyer". The only tariffs the Chinese are paying are when they import and buy American products.

5. The Chinese said did not contact the US in the last 24-48 hours via phone or other wise  regarding the trade war.

6. You were going to the climate change meeting with the other members of the G7 and the reason you were absent wasn't because  you were meeting with the leaders of Germany and   India. Photos prove they were at the climate meeting and your chair was empty.
7. Saying he would've down "whatever" to keep Russia from taking Crimea from Obama

That might be the most Trumpiest thing ever. Just has no idea what he's talking about regardless of the subject. The sheer arrogance and absolute abdication of the facts are astounding. 

He couldn't even articulate the most vague policy point. 
We each have our favorites, but personally I'm a fan of his opposition to wind power, which has included ramblings about how the noise gives you cancer and multiple claims that you'll have to turn off your TV when the wind stops blowing.

It's got a little bit of everything. It's hilarious until you think about how powerful he is and that he could actually do some damage. It demonstrates a degree of stupidity so unfathomable that it makes you wonder whether it's intentional before you realize that no, he actually is this willfully ignorant.  It highlights his hilarious obsession with watching TV. It shows he views politics through the prism of personal gain rather than the greater good (he's battled wind power projects in the past because he thought they would devalue golf properties). And it's a policy preference that would actually harm his own base disproportionately (the state with the greatest total wind capacity by far is Texas, the five states with the most wind power as a percentage of electricity output are all states that voted for Trump, and wind power as distributed generation helps farms and rural communities).

Just a perfect encapsulation of the man and his movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
We each have our favorites, but personally I'm a fan of his opposition to wind power, which has included ramblings about how the noise gives you cancer and multiple claims that you'll have to turn off your TV when the wind stops blowing.

It's got a little bit of everything. It's hilarious until you think about how powerful he is and that he could actually do some damage. It demonstrates a degree of stupidity so unfathomable that it makes you wonder whether it's intentional before you realize that no, he actually is this willfully ignorant.  It highlights his hilarious obsession with watching TV. It shows he views politics through the prism of personal gain rather than the greater good (he's battled wind power projects in the past because he thought they would devalue golf properties). And it's a policy preference that would actually harm his own base disproportionately (the five states with the most wind power as a percentage of electricity output are all states that voted for Trump and wind power as distributed generation helps farms and rural communities).

And at the same time off shore wind is starting to take off in the US - outside federal purview, obviously

It's got a little bit of everything. It's hilarious until you think about how powerful he is and that he could actually do some damage. It demonstrates a degree of stupidity so unfathomable that it makes you wonder whether it's intentional before you realize that no, he actually is this willfully ignorant.  It highlights his hilarious obsession with watching TV. It shows he views politics through the prism of personal gain rather than the greater good (he's battled wind power projects in the past because he thought they would devalue golf properties). And it's a policy preference that would actually harm his own base disproportionately (the five states with the most wind power as a percentage of electricity output are all states that voted for Trump and wind power as distributed generation helps farms and rural communities).

But wind turbines will kill birds and give you the cancer.

They don't need much room, they have the little subs.  We have the much larger and more powerful subs, learned that yesterday.
Trump’s actual statement:

>>Now, it’s a very big area, very important area. Russia has its submarine. That’s where they do their submarine work and that’s where they dock large and powerful submarines but not as powerful as ours and not as large as ours but they have their submarines."<<

Link

- That’s our president’s reason for conceding our adversary’s invasion of a democratic European neighbor. There’s no way our IC or really anyone informed on the US side is feeding him this stuff. So where’s he getting it?

Trump tweets out this morning that the bedbugs at Trump Doral is a liberal media lie and fake news.  Notwithstanding, of course, that the resort settled a lawsuit for exactly that.  All public record.

He treats his followers like they are complete idiots.

>>President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly, those officials said.<< Wapo

Impeach him.

If trump has Russian oligarch co-signers on DB loans he should be removed.  It would, of course, explain why Putin has him so Cuck’d.  And it is a clear conflict of interest.  

Those tax returns would likely destroy him on a number of fronts.  

Trump reportedly derailed a meeting with G7 leaders when he insisted Russia should be readmitted to the group and everyone slapped him down

President Donald Trump reportedly derailed a major meeting with world leaders at the annual Group of Seven summit on Saturday evening after he insisted that Russia should be readmitted.

Trump's comments initiated a discussion at the dinner about "whether the leaders should assign any special weight to being a democracy," The Washington Post reported, citing officials. While most of the world leaders staunchly believed they should, Trump didn't.

"The consequence is the same as if one of the participants is a dictator," an official told The Post. "No community of like-minded leaders who are pulling together."

Trump on Monday said he would invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to next year's summit.

Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine that violated international laws and agreements.

At a dinner in Biarritz, France, the president interrupted talks of the fires in the Amazon and Iran's nuclear capacity by advocating for Russia to be readmitted to the gathering of industrialized nations. Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine that violated international laws and agreements.

Trump's comments initiated a discussion at the dinner about "whether the leaders should assign any special weight to being a democracy," The Post reported, citing officials. While most of the world leaders staunchly believed they should, Trump didn't.

Trump reportedly derailed a meeting with G7 leaders when he insisted Russia should be readmitted to the group and everyone slapped him down

Trump's comments initiated a discussion at the dinner about "whether the leaders should assign any special weight to being a democracy," The Post reported, citing officials. While most of the world leaders staunchly believed they should, Trump didn't.
Stuff like this is why Trump isn't "The Leader of the Free World", he doesn't even understand the concept

>>President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly, those officials said.<< Wapo

Impeach him.
Ah, less government. 

President Donald Trump reportedly derailed a major meeting with world leaders at the annual Group of Seven summit on Saturday evening after he insisted that Russia should be readmitted.

Trump's comments initiated a discussion at the dinner about "whether the leaders should assign any special weight to being a democracy," The Washington Post reported, citing officials. While most of the world leaders staunchly believed they should, Trump didn't.

"The consequence is the same as if one of the participants is a dictator," an official told The Post. "No community of like-minded leaders who are pulling together."

Trump on Monday said he would invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to next year's summit.

Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine that violated international laws and agreements.

At a dinner in Biarritz, France, the president interrupted talks of the fires in the Amazon and Iran's nuclear capacity by advocating for Russia to be readmitted to the gathering of industrialized nations. Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 over its annexation of Crimea from Ukraine that violated international laws and agreements.

Can totally see him in the middle of a discussion about climate/fires, out of left field saying "hey guys, how about we get Putin on the phone and conference him in"  All other sane leaders look at each other with the WTF look...man I hope they understand this is just an aberration and hopefully the US will be normal again soon.

WAPO

"President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly, those officials said."

WAPO

"President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.

He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly, those officials said."
This is impeachable behavior. The Dems constantly tapdancing around what we are dealing with is part of the crisis.

I thought Trump loved the military?

Children of US military members and US government employees born overseas will no longer be granted automatic US citizenship.  

Children born to US service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to policy alert issued by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.

Previously, children born to US citizen parents were considered to be "residing in the United States," and therefore would be automatically granted citizenship under Immigration and Nationality Act 320.

Now children born to US service members and government employees, such as those born in US military hospitals or diplomatic facilities, will not be considered as residing in the US, changing the way that they potentially receive citizenship.

The change was first reported by San Francisco Chronicle reporter Tal Kopan.

"The policy change explains that we will not consider children who live abroad with their parents to be residing in the United States even if their parents are U.S. government employees or U.S. service members stationed outside of the United States, and as a result, these children will no longer be considered to have acquired citizenship automatically," USCIS spokesperson Meredith Parker told Task & Purpose on Wednesday, when asked how the policy changes how the government views children of US service members.

"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their U.S. citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf," she added. The process under INA 322 must be completed before the child's 18th birthday.
Brilliant.  If this policy had been in effect previously, Ted Cruz and John McCain would not have been natural born citizens and could not have run for President.

Children of US military members and US government employees born overseas will no longer be granted automatic US citizenship.  

Brilliant.  If this policy had been in effect previously, Ted Cruz and John McCain would not have been natural born citizens and could not have run for President.
Somehow I think McCain would have obtained a certificate on first application, but Cruz would have a more difficult process.  Just a gut feeling.

I'm sure the Trump crew will find some way to defend this.
I’m sure this will get fleshed out more in the coming days, but it appears that the application of this policy is more narrow than originally thought. 

From CNN:

The rule appears to primarily affect the children of naturalized US citizens serving in the armed forces who have not lived in the US for a required period of time, a relatively small number -- estimated to be approximately 100 annually, according to a Defense Department official.

I’m sure this will get fleshed out more in the coming days, but it appears that the application of this policy is more narrow than originally thought. 

From CNN:
I think that actually makes it even more puzzling. Why are they spending time/effort on something that has a virtually negligible impact on the country?

If this means we can deport Ted Cruz, I'll support it.

What a strange and petty thing to give a rat’s ### about.
I keep thinking there's got to be a reasonable driver for this. Some sort of study that indicates such people are a higher risk of doing bad things, an unduly high rate of unpleasant incidents perpetrated by such people, something like that.

I’m still trying to figure this out.  

Let’s say I’m a natural born US citizen who is also an officer in the US army.

I’m also stationed in Germany.  My wife has a baby at the base hospital.  

Previously my son would automatically be a US citizen. Full stop.

Now my son isn’t a US citizen until I file some application on his behalf.

Is this correct?

I’m still trying to figure this out.  

Let’s say I’m a natural born US citizen who is also an officer in the US army.

I’m also stationed in Germany.  My wife has a baby at the base hospital.  

Previously my son would automatically be a US citizen. Full stop.

Now my son isn’t a US citizen until I file some application on his behalf.

Is this correct?
That's the way I read it.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread