What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still trying to figure this out.  

Let’s say I’m a natural born US citizen who is also an officer in the US army.

I’m also stationed in Germany.  My wife has a baby at the base hospital.  

Previously my son would automatically be a US citizen. Full stop.

Now my son isn’t a US citizen until I file some application on his behalf.

Is this correct?
I think that’s the way it was originally presented, but it’s since been dialed back/clarified. 

I’m sure this will get fleshed out more in the coming days, but it appears that the application of this policy is more narrow than originally thought. 

From CNN:

The rule appears to primarily affect the children of naturalized US citizens serving in the armed forces who have not lived in the US for a required period of time, a relatively small number -- estimated to be approximately 100 annually, according to a Defense Department official.
From Trump’s sociopathic, xenophobic perspective, that would make more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me amend this then.

I’m still trying to figure this out.  

Let’s say I’m a naturalized US citizen. I was born a Canadian citizen.  I then became a US citizen. I am now an officer in the US army.

I’m also stationed in Germany.  My wife has a baby at the base hospital.  

Previously my son would automatically be a US citizen? Yes/no?

Now I have to apply/petition for my kid to be a citizen?  Yes/no?

ETA: I moved to the US when I was 14. I became a citizen after I turned 18.

I joined the army at 19 (so not an officer, whatever).

I had a kid in Germany at 21.

the rover said:
I thought Trump loved the military?

Children of US military members and US government employees born overseas will no longer be granted automatic US citizenship.  

Brilliant.  If this policy had been in effect previously, Ted Cruz and John McCain would not have been natural born citizens and could not have run for President.
And right there I think we figured out why Trump did it. I’m sure at some point Trump was ranting about McCain and one of his minions pointed out that he wasn’t born in the US. Trump asked how he was a US citizen and was able to run for President. After being told, he made sure to close that ‘loophole’.

>>As Mediaite noted, the lion logo has been used by other far-right groups before VDARE. In 2016, a group called the “Lion Guard,” which described itself as an “informal civilian group dedicated to the safety and security of #Trump supports by exposing Far-Left infiltrators and saboteurs.” The group’s website, which doesn’t appear to have been updated since 2016, also features the lion as well as the quote from Italian dictator Benito Mussolini that it is “Better to be a lion for a day, than a lamb for eternity.”<<

Late night tin foil hats are on I see.  :tinfoilhat: Pivot from Russia to Racist!  Just when I didn't think the left could look more foolish. Where is Dodds when you need him?  We need Dodds vs Ham vs Saints cage match.  

Late night tin foil hats are on I see.  :tinfoilhat: Pivot from Russia to Racist!  Just when I didn't think the left could look more foolish. Where is Dodds when you need him?  We need Dodds vs Ham vs Saints cage match.  
There's no pivot - it's based on the latest news.  Don't fret - Russia will be back to take over this thread (and our elections)

I think it's important to acknowledge this part of the article.

"This post has been updated to clarify that the Trump campaign did not produce the video in question. It was produced by the Twitter account @som3thingwicked and was tweeted out by the president from his personal Twitter account."

I think it proves more that Trump is not very bright and completely unaware of what he does.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Another day, another instance of the President of the United States promoting White Supremacy.

Good lord. How did we get here.

If he didn't do it on purpose, it's just yet another example of how wildly unqualified this clown is for the job. Whatever he tweets or says goes out to the whole world and represents the United States. You'd think anyone who ran a business would understand this, but not this dope.

I think it's important to acknowledge this part of the article.

"This post has been updated to clarify that the Trump campaign did not produce the video in question. It was produced by the Twitter account @som3thingwicked and was tweeted out by the president from his personal Twitter account."

I think it proves more that Trump is not very bright and completely unaware of what he does.
I read that before posting but like I originally posted, coincidence? 

I dunno. I think it's just as likely he does this on purpose so he can publicly deny it while also giving a "wink wink" to the racists.
This and/or ignorance are possibilities.  

Another day, another instance of the President of the United States promoting White Supremacy.

Good lord. How did we get here.

If he didn't do it on purpose, it's just yet another example of how wildly unqualified this clown is for the job. Whatever he tweets or says goes out to the whole world and represents the United States. You'd think anyone who ran a business would understand this, but not this dope.
You definitely shouldn't vote for him in 2020.

You definitely shouldn't vote for him in 2020.
I'm going to steal this argument for my next closing: 

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, over the course of the last few days you have heard some evidence against my client that he has committed a crime.  Now, this persecutor I mean prosecutor claims that evidence is clear and overwhelming.  It's really a witch hunt.  But, I'll concede that some of it does sound bad so you definitelywouldn't want your sister or daughter dating my client and maybe down the line he should lose his job if enough people think he should.  But to actually prosecute him and disrupt his life and job right now? C'mon.....

Myself, I have a tough time keeping up on the symbology of the White Pride movement, perhaps because there are so many factions.  A lion head is now racist, the old "O.K." sign is now racist.  I worry I may do something which is misperceived, which was never my intent.

That said, once or twice with some matters may be a coincidence.  Patterns are established at three incidences or data points.  Dozens, all projecting exactly on a line, making a perfect and predictable Cartesian graft line, well, that is no longer coincidence to me.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Myself, I have a tough time keeping up on the symbology of the White Pride movement.  perhaps because there are so many factions.  I lion head is now racist, the old O.K. sing is now racist.  I worry I may do something which is misperceived, which was never my intent.

That said, once or twice with some matters may be a coincidence.  patterns are established at three incidences or data point.  Dozens, all projecting exactly on a line, making a perfect and predictable Cartesian graft line, well, that is no longer coincidence to me.
The ### ####ed Hammerskins (a white supremists hard rock band) stole the Walking Hammers from Pink Floyd - the Walking Hammers were a fictitious symbol of the neo-Nazi organization from the movie The Wall and was intended to show Nazism in a negative light.  So now I can't where my Floyd shirt as a subtle protest against white supremacy/neo-Nazism because people might thing I'M a white supremacist.  

The ### ####ed Hammerskins (a white supremists hard rock band) stole the Walking Hammers from Pink Floyd - the Walking Hammers were a fictitious symbol of the neo-Nazi organization from the movie The Wall and was intended to show Nazism in a negative light.  So now I can't where my Floyd shirt as a subtle protest against white supremacy/neo-Nazism because people might thing I'M a white supremacist.  
Not sure why you would want to wear such a shirt.  Neo-Naziism and white supremacy aren't a joke or something to mock

Not sure why you would want to wear such a shirt.  Neo-Naziism and white supremacy aren't a joke or something to mock
The Hammerskins logo (two claw hammers crossed) in Pink Floyd -The Wall was used by a fictitious neo-Nazi group in the movie and intended to be negative against Nazis.

A white supremacist band/organization adopted the name Hammerskins and the logo.

So now siffoin can't wear his anti-Nazi shirt for fear that some one will mistake him for a white supremacist.

And yes,  Neo-Nazis and white supremacists should be mocked.

It's a Pink Floyd t-shirt. The Floyd concept was a protest  AGAINST white supremacy neo-nazism.  I don't like those guys.  And I don't wear the shirt anymore because the fricken neo-Nazis stole the concept from Floyd.  It's like if the KKK were to steal tie dye and dancing bears t-shirt from the Grateful Dead.

It just occurred to me - I don't think we have an NSA. Bolton is just there for show.

Bolton sidelined from Afghanistan policy as his standing with Trump falters

At the zenith of his influence, Bolton enabled the president to act on his most aggressive instincts and outmaneuvered other Cabinet officials with less experience in the interagency process. But his tough management style and bellicose worldview have frayed relations with some colleagues.

In a recent standoff, Bolton asked for a copy of the draft agreement the United States is trying to strike with the Taliban. But the U.S. envoy leading the negotiations, Zalmay Khalilzad, denied the request, saying Bolton could read the agreement in the presence of a senior official but not leave with it in hand, U.S. officials said. One official said the incident infuriated Bolton, while another downplayed it, saying the draft was eventually sent to the National Security Council staff.
- I absolutely am disgusted with Bolton on every level and I don't think he should be in at or near government - however he is NSA, the NSA absolutely has the right and indeed must see such things.

It just occurred to me - I don't think we have an NSA. Bolton is just there for show.

- I absolutely am disgusted with Bolton on every level and I don't think he should be in at or near government - however he is NSA, the NSA absolutely has the right and indeed must see such things.
Bolton would have us at war in Afghanistan forever. 

But on the other hand, if he’s skeptical that we can trust the Taliban to disavow al-Qaeda and then stand by their word, he’s absolutely right to be. 

There’s already been so many weird parallels between Trump and Nixon, and now the way Trump is prepared to leave Afghanistan is almost exactly the way Nixon left Vietnam- with what I sadly predict will be the exact same result. 

Bolton would have us at war in Afghanistan forever. 

But on the other hand, if he’s skeptical that we can trust the Taliban to disavow al-Qaeda and then stand by their word, he’s absolutely right to be. 
Basically a key part of our national security apparatus is a hollow shell right now, that’s the problem. I know you know the NSC was created to prevent Bay if Pigs type disasters.

And you’re right on the second point but it sounds like that very POV is blocked out at the White House.

The biggest concern I have with this is how Bolton is going to get back onto Trump’s good side. Gone are the days of the adults in the room rebelling against him and finding ways to stop what he’s trying to do. They’ve been replaced by people like Bolton who are power hungry and will look to please Trump by supporting his horrible plans.

The biggest concern I have with this is how Bolton is going to get back onto Trump’s good side. Gone are the days of the adults in the room rebelling against him and finding ways to stop what he’s trying to do. They’ve been replaced by people like Bolton who are power hungry and will look to please Trump by supporting his horrible plans.
Yep I agree that’s a good point.

I, for one, would not mind one bit if Trump were to be in the White House for 10-14 years. No problem at all.

(if any Fox News people use my quote above, it was stated with sarcasm in mind)

Seriously, if the mayor of some podunk town declared himself "almost literally Jesus" the religious right would lose their minds until that mayor resigned in disgrace.  The POTUS says it and this guy is such a nimrod it's already forgotten. 

Personally I'm going to remind everyone often. 

Seriously, if the mayor of some podunk town declared himself "almost literally Jesus" the religious right would lose their minds until that mayor resigned in disgrace.  The POTUS says it and this guy is such a nimrod it's already forgotten. 

Personally I'm going to remind everyone often. 
We have the:

- Christian Standard Bible

- Modern English Version

- Tree of Life

- King James Bible

- Donald J. Trump Bible

I wonder which version Christians "follow." Ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread