Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 22m22 minutes ago

Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are....

....needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!

 

Dang eggheads with their booky-books!

Oh God. Someone with a fourth grade IQ speaking about aviation.  Yeah, the country was anxiously awaiting your expertise on this matter, Donnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Oh God. Someone with a fourth grade IQ speaking about aviation.  Yeah, the country was anxiously awaiting your expertise on this matter, Donnie

What about a fourth grade IQ on climate change? Also, he's literally tweeting fake news that Moore is the co-founder of Greenpeace. 

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace: “The whole climate crisis is not only Fake News, it’s Fake Science. There is no climate crisis, there’s weather and climate all around the world, and in fact carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life.” @foxandfriends Wow!

5:29 AM - 12 Mar 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 22m22 minutes ago

Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are....

....needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!

 

Dang eggheads with their booky-books!

What the balls is he talking about?!? Lemme guess, he’s knows more about planes than even the pilots?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

I dunno, I kind of think at least trying to not kill civilians vs trying to kill them and making sure it can be covered up so there's no accountability is a pretty big difference.  Interesting to hear that you don't think that's meaningful. Also it's very interesting to hear you characterize a guy as "taking the mask off the empire" the same week he rescinds an Obama order mandating transparency in drone strikes. That seems like kind of the opposite of taking the mask off the empire, obviously. Although in your defense it was only reported by real news services and repeatedly linked to in this thread, not discussed by some lunatic conspiracy theorist on youtube, so perhaps you missed it.

You know, if I didn't know any better I might think you don't actually care about the killing of innocent civilians and the cover-up of those killings at all, and you're just using them as pawns to excuse your tacit support for a corrupt incompetent monster and/or an effort to troll because you fancy yourself a noble ####-stirrer. But that's not the ren I know!

At least he doesn't take his odious views and vote with them.  I'm not sure why someone who doesn't vote spends so much time spouting anti-American propaganda from Russia. :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, That one guy said:

What the balls is he talking about?!? Lemme guess, he’s knows more about planes than even the pilots?  

More than pilots and aeronautical engineers combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apalmer said:

More than pilots and aeronautical engineers combined.

Dear leader has an IQ of infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, That one guy said:

What the balls is he talking about?!? Lemme guess, he’s knows more about planes than even the pilots?  

He watched one news report then decided he should probably post something about it. Of course, as with everything, he disregarded the fact that he's one of the dumbest people on the planet and ended up just spewing out a bunch of inaccuracies and came off as the nutty uncle who mumbles to himself at the Thanksgiving gathering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

What about a fourth grade IQ on climate change? Also, he's literally tweeting fake news that Moore is the co-founder of Greenpeace. 

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace: “The whole climate crisis is not only Fake News, it’s Fake Science. There is no climate crisis, there’s weather and climate all around the world, and in fact carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life.” @foxandfriends Wow!

5:29 AM - 12 Mar 2019

Greenpeace statement on Patrick Moore from 2010

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

AAL-

31.16 USD −0.89 (2.78%)

DAL

50.43 USD −0.71 (1.39%)

LUV

50.21 USD −1.40 (2.71%)

 UAL

80.19 USD −2.19 (2.66%

Delta and United don't even fly Max 8s as far as I can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

 

Q: Why did the president write a check to Michael Cohen for $35,000 in August of 2017 while he was here in the White House? What was that money for?

 

Sanders: I'm not aware of the specific topic.

 

 

Maybe it never happened :oldunsure:

Transcript is wrong.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So Fox and Friends has a bogus guest with bogus credentials and our President was duped and passed that bogus information along to the public.

CNN is the REAL fake news!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

CNN is the REAL fake news!

Enemy of the people even...can only trust your favorite President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WH press briefing yesterday was pretty awesome.  It was the first time I recall that they kept pressing SHS on questions she wasn't answering.  She would dodge the question and move to the next reporter, who would follow up on the same question.  She had nowhere to hide

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Paul Ryan: Trump bad for GOP

Way to go out on a limb Paul

Ryan's the perfect example of a politician who worked his whole life to be respected and even spoke out harshly against trump several times when he was a candidate, only to become spineless and stand by and do nothing and destroyed all the credibility he earned for himself.  Another Republican I liked at one time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Ryan's the perfect example of a politician who worked his whole life to be respected and even spoke out harshly against trump several times when he was a candidate, only to become spineless and stand by and do nothing and destroyed all the credibility he earned for himself.  Another Republican I liked at one time.

He was always full of it :shrug: 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Enemy of the people even...can only trust your favorite President.

I I usually don't trust someone who tells  me "only trust me".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Ryan's the perfect example of a politician who worked his whole life to be respected and even spoke out harshly against trump several times when he was a candidate, only to become spineless and stand by and do nothing and destroyed all the credibility he earned for himself.  Another Republican I liked at one time.

hes not at all he lied about what he stood for namely fiscal conservatism and then passed a tax reform and budget bills that will ensure that we stay underwater for decades and its getting worse he was a wimp who would not speak up or have a spine and he lied about things as simple as how fast he ran marathons that is not a quote perfect example of a politician who worked his whole life to be respected that is the perfect example of a fraud and thats the truth take that to the bank brohans

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

He was always full of it :shrug: 

While that may be true, he was very vocal during the primaries and wasn't afraid to challenge Trump on his racism and other disgusting actions. That all disappeared when Trump became president. And that's when the GOP needed some ethical/moral voices. He turned out to be scared little wimp. He should never appear in public now. He should be too embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

I dunno, I kind of think at least trying to not kill civilians vs trying to kill them and making sure it can be covered up so there's no accountability is a pretty big difference.  Interesting to hear that you don't think that's meaningful. Also it's very interesting to hear you characterize a guy as "taking the mask off the empire" the same week he rescinds an Obama order mandating transparency in drone strikes. That seems like kind of the opposite of taking the mask off the empire, obviously. Although in your defense it was only reported by real news services and repeatedly linked to in this thread, not discussed by some lunatic conspiracy theorist on youtube, so perhaps you missed it.

You know, if I didn't know any better I might think you don't actually care about the killing of innocent civilians and the cover-up of those killings at all, and you're just using them as pawns to excuse your tacit support for a corrupt incompetent monster and/or an effort to troll because you fancy yourself a noble ####-stirrer. But that's not the ren I know!

Not sure what this gobbledy#### is trying to say, but it sounds like some sort of war criminal apologizing.  You think his version of death and destruction was ‘restrained.’  Disappointing, but not surprising.  

That ‘took the mask off’ thing sailed right over your head.  Here’s a good explainer: https://spectator.us/2018/07/trump-betrays-the-elite-sense-that-the-us-is-always-pure-and-democracy-loving/

It’s about how Trump discards the pretty language past presidents used to lull credulous people like yourself to sleep while the planet was set ablaze, which paved the way for Trump and all the other reactionaries of the world in the first place.  

Hopefully one day you’ll come to reckon with the real cost of the mainline, establishment political system you support day in and day out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Not sure what this gobbledy#### is trying to say, but it sounds like some sort of war criminal apologizing.  You think his version of death and destruction was ‘restrained.’  Disappointing, but not surprising.  

That ‘took the mask off’ thing sailed right over your head.  Here’s a good explainer: https://spectator.us/2018/07/trump-betrays-the-elite-sense-that-the-us-is-always-pure-and-democracy-loving/

It’s about how Trump discards the pretty language past presidents used to lull credulous people like yourself to sleep while the planet was set ablaze, which paved the way for Trump and all the other reactionaries of the world in the first place.  

Hopefully one day you’ll come to reckon with the real cost of the mainline, establishment political system you support day in and day out.  

Sorry if my previous post confused you.  Maybe next time I'll hire some angry middle-aged white guy to rant about it for an hour on youtube so it will be in a format you are more comfortable with.

In the meantime, here's a pretty simple two-part inquiry: 

1. Do you acknowledge that Trump is worse than Obama when it comes to killing innocent civilians with drone strikes and being transparent about it (I'll give you a little hint- the answer is very obviously yes and I would be happy to illustrate this at length with links and citations to actual news stories and primary documents)?

2. Assuming you are willing to acknowledge the very obvious answer to #1, why do you spend so much time and energy condemning Obama while you consistently excuse and occasionally glorify Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Not sure what this gobbledy#### is trying to say, but it sounds like some sort of war criminal apologizing.  You think his version of death and destruction was ‘restrained.’  Disappointing, but not surprising.  

That ‘took the mask off’ thing sailed right over your head.  Here’s a good explainer: https://spectator.us/2018/07/trump-betrays-the-elite-sense-that-the-us-is-always-pure-and-democracy-loving/

It’s about how Trump discards the pretty language past presidents used to lull credulous people like yourself to sleep while the planet was set ablaze, which paved the way for Trump and all the other reactionaries of the world in the first place.  

Hopefully one day you’ll come to reckon with the real cost of the mainline, establishment political system you support day in and day out.  

TLDR: If Trump does it, it's cool. If Obama does it, he's a war criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Skoo said:

TLDR: If Trump does it, it's cool. If Obama does it, he's a war criminal.

If Obama does it, he’s a war criminal. 

If Trump does it, he’s a war criminal.  

Hope this helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

If Obama does it, he’s a war criminal. 

If Trump does it, he’s a war criminal.  

Hope this helps 

And yet somehow Donny always gets a pass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skoo said:

And yet somehow Donny always gets a pass.

edit: nevermind

Edited by butcher boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Skoo said:

And yet somehow Donny always gets a pass.

See, what you have to understand is that Trump stirs things up and "takes the mask off" American exceptionalism, and Ren is happy to exchange some number of dead Yemeni civilians for that. How many dead Yemenis is Ren willing to trade?  It's definitely a lot, since the Trump administration ordered 176 drone strikes in his first two years in office compared to the 154 ordered by Obama over all 8 years of his presidency.  But we'll never know just how many, because Trump also rescinded an Obama executive order that required public reporting of civilian fatalities from US drone strikes.

Before you jump to any conclusions about Ren's hypocrisy, though, please consider the mitigating circumstances. Trump does good stuff that Ren approves of, like calling the intelligence community the "deep state," which he is definitely doing for the right reasons and not for self-preservation given his foreign entanglements. Who wouldn't happily trade a bunch of innocent dead Yemenis for that!

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

See, what you have to understand is that Trump stirs things up and "takes the mask off" American exceptionalism, and Ren is happy to exchange some number of dead Yemeni civilians for that. How many dead Yemenis is Ren willing to trade?  It's definitely a lot, since the Trump administration ordered 176 drone strikes in his first two years in office compared to the 154 ordered by Obama over all 8 years of his presidency.  But we'll never know just how many, because Trump also rescinded an Obama executive order that required public reporting of civilian fatalities from US drone strikes.

Before you jump to any conclusions about Ren's hypocrisy, though, please consider the mitigating circumstances. Trump does good stuff that Ren approves of, like calling the intelligence community the "deep state," which he is definitely doing for the right reasons and not for self-preservation given his foreign entanglements. Who wouldn't happily trade a bunch of innocent dead Yemenis for that!

He doesn't even support Trump either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to make sure I'm not missing something... If Trump was not the president he'd be going to prison with Cohen, correct?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

Just to make sure I'm not missing something... If Trump was not the president he'd be going to prison with Cohen, correct?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

Just to make sure I'm not missing something... If Trump was not the president he'd be going to prison with Cohen, correct?

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!!!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

Just to make sure I'm not missing something... If Trump was not the president he'd be going to prison with Cohen, correct?

Yeah, but Clinton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schiff

@AdamSchiff

·

13h

Want to take $60 million in vacations, and have the federal government pay your resort $400,000 for the privilege?* You can, if you're the President of the United States! *Offer not valid for those who abide by the emoluments clause or basic ethical standards.

Quote Tweet

Josh Campbell

@joshscampbell

President Trump has made 21 trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort since taking office, "costing well over $60 million and likely generating nearly $400,000 in revenue for the resort. The resort that he owns."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

See, what you have to understand is that Trump stirs things up and "takes the mask off" American exceptionalism, and Ren is happy to exchange some number of dead Yemeni civilians for that. How many dead Yemenis is Ren willing to trade?  It's definitely a lot, since the Trump administration ordered 176 drone strikes in his first two years in office compared to the 154 ordered by Obama over all 8 years of his presidency.  But we'll never know just how many, because Trump also rescinded an Obama executive order that required public reporting of civilian fatalities from US drone strikes.

Before you jump to any conclusions about Ren's hypocrisy, though, please consider the mitigating circumstances. Trump does good stuff that Ren approves of, like calling the intelligence community the "deep state," which he is definitely doing for the right reasons and not for self-preservation given his foreign entanglements. Who wouldn't happily trade a bunch of innocent dead Yemenis for that!

How can you say this?  What a disingenuous load of #### this post is.  

I said the meaningful difference between them is that Trump takes the mask off.  When he bombed Syria, supposedly over chemical weapons, Fareed Zakaria said he 'became the president'.  The networks rose in unison to praise him.  Their problem isn't with the policies perse- much of Trump's action in office has been surprisingly standard- their problem is that Trump doesn't give a #### about 'presidential' decorum, and is a horrible ambassador for their brand of imperialism.  A big part of the reason they resent him is not out of an actual principle on their part, but because Trump won on repudiating everything they stand for.  They will never let him be part of their club.   

One problem that I see is how Obama is treated like a beloved figure, even though he oversaw the most Orwellian presidency of all time.  His bombings and drone strikes are 'mis-steps,' 'stumbles,' 'pragmatic'.  All for some beautiful rhetoric.  Trump is unapologetically gross by comparison, and for the most part people assess his wrongdoing correctly.  But to me, that's less dangerous than a smooth, calculating sociopath who pulls the wool over people's eyes.   It's less dangerous because people know what's in front of them.  How can you gaslight me about Yemen and ignore the fact that Obama was the one who signed off on the war in the first place?  

I didn't vote for Trump, I do not support him, and if that were not clear enough, I think he (along with Obama, Bush, Hillary, Bolton, Powers) should be tried for war crimes.  And unlike you, I never voted for a war criminal.  Where does a hardcore Hillary cheerleader get off talking about his antiwar credentials anyway?  Do you have any idea what she's done her entire life?  Do you seriously think the Obama administration was good on transparency?  It was the most cloak and dagger administration of all time, aided in large part by an embarrassingly pliable media class.  

I think Trump and Obama both betrayed this country in a profound way.  Their respective runups to office and approach to governance are like night and day, but the end results are practically interchangeable on the things that matter.  I don't think I'm the bad guy.  I voted for Ralph Nader in 2008.  🤷‍♂️

What else do you want me to say about Trump?  Should I yell at a picture of him for two minutes everyday?  Should I start supporting Democrats up and down the ticket, brainlessly, regardless of how ####ty they are and their total contempt for workers, antiwar folks, environmental folks, and anyone running to their left?  And to what end?  So that you and every other thirstlord can exclaim "aha!  but you SUPPORTED TRUMP!!!" for the 19 millionth ####### time?  Because I considered a reality show host with zero political experience- along with the electoral college- a better alternative than the Henry Kissinger worshipping mass murderer?  No.  I'm not going to preach to this board's lame water cooler, and I'm certainly not going to humor the cynical, bad faith trash you just posted.  It ain't happening.  And I'm gonna enjoy dunking on whatever spineless DNC crap you plan on posting, thru 2020 and beyond and all eternity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

How can you say this?  What a disingenuous load of #### this post is.  

I said the meaningful difference between them is that Trump takes the mask off.  When he bombed Syria, supposedly over chemical weapons, Fareed Zakaria said he 'became the president'.  The networks rose in unison to praise him.  Their problem isn't with the policies perse- much of Trump's action in office has been surprisingly standard- their problem is that Trump doesn't give a #### about 'presidential' decorum, and is a horrible ambassador for their brand of imperialism.  A big part of the reason they resent him is not out of an actual principle on their part, but because Trump won on repudiating everything they stand for.  They will never let him be part of their club.   

One problem that I see is how Obama is treated like a beloved figure, even though he oversaw the most Orwellian presidency of all time.  His bombings and drone strikes are 'mis-steps,' 'stumbles,' 'pragmatic'.  All for some beautiful rhetoric.  Trump is unapologetically gross by comparison, and for the most part people assess his wrongdoing correctly.  But to me, that's less dangerous than a smooth, calculating sociopath who pulls the wool over people's eyes.   It's less dangerous because people know what's in front of them.  How can you gaslight me about Yemen and ignore the fact that Obama was the one who signed off on the war in the first place?  

I didn't vote for Trump, I do not support him, and if that were not clear enough, I think he (along with Obama, Bush, Hillary, Bolton, Powers) should be tried for war crimes.  And unlike you, I never voted for a war criminal.  Where does a hardcore Hillary cheerleader get off talking about his antiwar credentials anyway?  Do you have any idea what she's done her entire life?  Do you seriously think the Obama administration was good on transparency?  It was the most cloak and dagger administration of all time, aided in large part by an embarrassingly pliable media class.  

I think Trump and Obama both betrayed this country in a profound way.  Their respective runups to office and approach to governance are like night and day, but the end results are practically interchangeable on the things that matter.  I don't think I'm the bad guy.  I voted for Ralph Nader in 2008.  🤷‍♂️

What else do you want me to say about Trump?  Should I yell at a picture of him for two minutes everyday?  Should I start supporting Democrats up and down the ticket, brainlessly, regardless of how ####ty they are and their total contempt for workers, antiwar folks, environmental folks, and anyone running to their left?  And to what end?  So that you and every other thirstlord can exclaim "aha!  but you SUPPORTED TRUMP!!!" for the 19 millionth ####### time?  Because I considered a reality show host with zero political experience- along with the electoral college- a better alternative than the Henry Kissinger worshipping mass murderer?  No.  I'm not going to preach to this board's lame water cooler, and I'm certainly not going to humor the cynical, bad faith trash you just posted.  It ain't happening.  And I'm gonna enjoy dunking on whatever spineless DNC crap you plan on posting, thru 2020 and beyond and all eternity.  

If you weren't such a Trump apologist maybe I would believe this... but I don't. The fact that you equate Obama and Trump means you are severely out of touch with reality. You should probably also look up the word sociopath. Results are the same regarding things that matter? Like what? Environment? Economy? Consumer protections? Health care? Immigration? Transparency? Crimes? Emoluments? Foreign relations? Lying? Rule of Law? I think it would behoove you to check your sources and to do a little more reevaluating before spouting off such nonsense.

Edited by sn0mm1s
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dedfin said:

Wtf is a thirstlord

Thirstlord was the name of Henry Ford's thrash metal band in college.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ren hoek said:

How can you say this?  What a disingenuous load of #### this post is.  

I said the meaningful difference between them is that Trump takes the mask off.  When he bombed Syria, supposedly over chemical weapons, Fareed Zakaria said he 'became the president'.  The networks rose in unison to praise him.  Their problem isn't with the policies perse- much of Trump's action in office has been surprisingly standard- their problem is that Trump doesn't give a #### about 'presidential' decorum, and is a horrible ambassador for their brand of imperialism.  A big part of the reason they resent him is not out of an actual principle on their part, but because Trump won on repudiating everything they stand for.  They will never let him be part of their club.   

One problem that I see is how Obama is treated like a beloved figure, even though he oversaw the most Orwellian presidency of all time.  His bombings and drone strikes are 'mis-steps,' 'stumbles,' 'pragmatic'.  All for some beautiful rhetoric.  Trump is unapologetically gross by comparison, and for the most part people assess his wrongdoing correctly.  But to me, that's less dangerous than a smooth, calculating sociopath who pulls the wool over people's eyes.   It's less dangerous because people know what's in front of them.  How can you gaslight me about Yemen and ignore the fact that Obama was the one who signed off on the war in the first place?  

I didn't vote for Trump, I do not support him, and if that were not clear enough, I think he (along with Obama, Bush, Hillary, Bolton, Powers) should be tried for war crimes.  And unlike you, I never voted for a war criminal.  Where does a hardcore Hillary cheerleader get off talking about his antiwar credentials anyway?  Do you have any idea what she's done her entire life?  Do you seriously think the Obama administration was good on transparency?  It was the most cloak and dagger administration of all time, aided in large part by an embarrassingly pliable media class.  

I think Trump and Obama both betrayed this country in a profound way.  Their respective runups to office and approach to governance are like night and day, but the end results are practically interchangeable on the things that matter.  I don't think I'm the bad guy.  I voted for Ralph Nader in 2008.  🤷‍♂️

What else do you want me to say about Trump?  Should I yell at a picture of him for two minutes everyday?  Should I start supporting Democrats up and down the ticket, brainlessly, regardless of how ####ty they are and their total contempt for workers, antiwar folks, environmental folks, and anyone running to their left?  And to what end?  So that you and every other thirstlord can exclaim "aha!  but you SUPPORTED TRUMP!!!" for the 19 millionth ####### time?  Because I considered a reality show host with zero political experience- along with the electoral college- a better alternative than the Henry Kissinger worshipping mass murderer?  No.  I'm not going to preach to this board's lame water cooler, and I'm certainly not going to humor the cynical, bad faith trash you just posted.  It ain't happening.  And I'm gonna enjoy dunking on whatever spineless DNC crap you plan on posting, thru 2020 and beyond and all eternity.  

Good question. How about we start small? Can you admit that (1) you've been defending and glorifying Trump for years, and (2) he is by any reasonable measure substantially worse than Obama was when it comes to drone strikes that kill innocent civilians, transparency and government corruption in favor of the ruling class, three issues you claim to care about?

If you are unable to admit these obviously true things then you're not being honest with yourself or with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dedfin said:

Wtf is a thirstlord

The Gatorade CEO?

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Thirstlord was the name of Henry Ford's thrash metal band in college.

Their rival band was Slaker

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to speak for @ren hoek, he can certainly speak for himself.  however, I have noticed a theme here - it's not about what a president does, it's how he is portrayed by the mass media.  He consistently claims that he dislikes Trump and Obama (and all other modern presidents, I assume) equally.  What sets Trump apart is the veneer is off - everyone else sees Trump the same way, so no sense beating that horse.

@TobiasFunke seems to be arguing shades of gray here - "Trump is much worse than Obama", but @ren hoek can't get past the fact that neither is clean.

As for me, I prefer to not look backwards and judge past presidents (or candidates).  nothing to be gained from there.  I'd love for the discussion to move beyond "but Obama!"  Further, I don't really care how president X is portrayed.  I'm more interested in what they do, what they say, and their vision for the future. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirstlord appears on 4chan after a quick search. Not surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I don't want to speak for @ren hoek, he can certainly speak for himself.  however, I have noticed a theme here - it's not about what a president does, it's how he is portrayed by the mass media.  He consistently claims that he dislikes Trump and Obama (and all other modern presidents, I assume) equally.  What sets Trump apart is the veneer is off - everyone else sees Trump the same way, so no sense beating that horse.

@TobiasFunke seems to be arguing shades of gray here - "Trump is much worse than Obama", but @ren hoek can't get past the fact that neither is clean.

As for me, I prefer to not look backwards and judge past presidents (or candidates).  nothing to be gained from there.  I'd love for the discussion to move beyond "but Obama!"  Further, I don't really care how president X is portrayed.  I'm more interested in what they do, what they say, and their vision for the future. 

There is a night and day difference between.

"Neither is clean."

vs.

 "The end results are practically interchangeable on the things that matter."

It is like saying a pipe bomb and a nuke are interchangeable because they are both bombs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I don't want to speak for @ren hoek, he can certainly speak for himself.  however, I have noticed a theme here - it's not about what a president does, it's how he is portrayed by the mass media.  He consistently claims that he dislikes Trump and Obama (and all other modern presidents, I assume) equally.  What sets Trump apart is the veneer is off - everyone else sees Trump the same way, so no sense beating that horse.

@TobiasFunke seems to be arguing shades of gray here - "Trump is much worse than Obama", but @ren hoek can't get past the fact that neither is clean.

As for me, I prefer to not look backwards and judge past presidents (or candidates).  nothing to be gained from there.  I'd love for the discussion to move beyond "but Obama!"  Further, I don't really care how president X is portrayed.  I'm more interested in what they do, what they say, and their vision for the future. 

I've never heard him say the bolded, and even if he did his other words and actions certainly betray that. He's defended the guy pretty consistently.

My point isn't to compare Trump and Obama. My point is that almost every person who supports, defends and/or enables Trump (I think the last two describe Ren) is a hypocrite because Trump is worse than virtually every other politician, past present or future, on virtually every issue they claim to care about.  Trump/Obama on drone strikes is just one of countless examples of this. If he sets Trump apart, spares him of the criticism he levies at others and opposes efforts to defeat him because he likes that "the veneer is off" that's fine, but it also means he places more value on the veneer coming off than he does on the additional harm caused by his policies on issues he claims to care about. That's an inescapable fact, and it deserves to be repeated.

Really the only honest Trump supporters are single-issue pro life voters (assuming they supported someone more pro-life in the 2016 primaries) and the White Supremacists (to paraphrase Walter Sobchak- say what you will about the tenets of white supremacy, but at least its an ethos). Oh, and rich grifters. This is their Shangri-La.

 

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Adam Schiff

@AdamSchiff

·

13h

Want to take $60 million in vacations, and have the federal government pay your resort $400,000 for the privilege?* You can, if you're the President of the United States! *Offer not valid for those who abide by the emoluments clause or basic ethical standards.

Quote Tweet

Josh Campbell

@joshscampbell

President Trump has made 21 trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort since taking office, "costing well over $60 million and likely generating nearly $400,000 in revenue for the resort. The resort that he owns."

This is one major point that needs to be pushed in 2020.  Just keep it quiet now and let him keep charging it up,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is one major point that needs to be pushed in 2020.  Just keep it quiet now and let him keep charging it up,

I actually have Cult 45ers on my Facebook page who will post memes saying how Trump gave up a life of luxury and fortune to save this country. And is refusing to even accept his salary.  Yes, they honestly believe that. Truly frightening that these people get the same amount of votes that I do.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.