What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does know how to ruin even his best moments. 
In his mind, and in the mind of his supporters, he's only ruining the moment for the libs and for the never-Trump Republicans.

Also, from a sociopathic standpoint, these types of moments are crucial for establishing control over your followers. It's very important to say outrageous things to test their loyalty and to condition them to accept whatever reality Trump presents to them.

In his mind, and in the mind of his supporters, he's only ruining the moment for the libs and for the never-Trump Republicans.

Also, from a sociopathic standpoint, these types of moments are crucial for establishing control over your followers. It's very important to say outrageous things to test their loyalty and to condition them to accept whatever reality Trump presents to them.
True,  it is only wishful thinking on my part that the President blatantly lying during a press conference of this magnitude would be frowned upon by everybody. 

Watching his self image get torpedoed live on tv, I almost feel bad for him. Then I remembered that he did this to himself, and that feeling goes away.
I don't necessarily feel sorry for him, since he knew the world he was entering when he decided to run, but I do feel a little bad for him. I don't think he's done a great job and feel someone else should take over in 2020, but I also don't generally ascribe nefarious intent in what he's done. I think he's truly doing what he believes is the best for this country. A lifetime of always being the boss and always getting your way doesn't cut it in a world where The Art of the Deal is in compromise and flexibility.

I don't necessarily feel sorry for him, since he knew the world he was entering when he decided to run, but I do feel a little bad for him. I don't think he's done a great job and feel someone else should take over in 2020, but I also don't generally ascribe nefarious intent in what he's done. I think he's truly doing what he believes is the best for this country. A lifetime of always being the boss and always getting your way doesn't cut it in a world where The Art of the Deal is in compromise and flexibility.
I get what you are saying and for a lot of it I would tend to agree - but his Twitter account just can’t be explained IMO - he has to know that can’t be helping anything.

I think there might be some nefarious intent in the way he's treated people he disagrees with/believes are inferior to himself, but he does believe he's doing what's right for the nation. The biggest problem is that what he wants isn't best for the nation.

I think there might be some nefarious intent in the way he's treated people he disagrees with/believes are inferior to himself, but he does believe he's doing what's right for the nation. The biggest problem is that what he wants isn't best for the nation.
His near complete lack of empathy is another of his great downfalls.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1188566095218860032

@ddale8: Trump urged reporters today to go check his book to see his prescient statements about Osama bin Laden. 

I checked, like others have checked before. The statements do not exist: https://t.co/hIVxdIvkiq

@ddale8: Trump not only claimed the existence of nonexistent statements about bin Laden but claimed he still has people coming up to him “to this day” congratulating him on these statements he didn’t make. https://t.co/hIVxdIvkiq

I'm not sure whether it's worse if he's lying or if he really thinks that stuff is in his book and that people really congratulate him on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So one of the narratives that I keep seeing today is:

In rare public appearance in Democrat-heavy Washington, Trump gets lustily booed at Nats Stadium.

But - is that really true?  I realize DC itslef is heavily Democratic - but I suspect the crowd at a Nationals World Series game largely live outside of DC in Northern Virginia and surrounding Maryland counties.  What is the political make-up of those areas?

So one of the narratives that I keep seeing today is:

In rare public appearance in Democrat-heavy Washington, Trump gets lustily booed at Nats Stadium.

But - is that really true?  I realize DC itslef is heavily Democratic - but I suspect the crowd at a Nationals World Series game largely live outside of DC in Northern Virginia and surrounding Maryland counties.  What is the political make-up of those areas?
At this point, who cares?  The only thing to object to in that position is labeling everyone who disagrees with him as "Democrat".  It's been shown that his actual base has shrunk over these three years, down to the 32-33% area from 37-38% during the election....it's much more than Democrats.  I'm torn on this....on one hand I'm glad he and his campaign don't get this.  On the other, it's absurdly annoying that it continues to be pushed.

ETA:  It mirrors exactly the nonsense that goes on in this forum...."because you don't like Trump you're a Democrat or a 'lefty' " tripe.  I get why some have to believe that but it's woefully disingenuous.  

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not fair on any level - we wouldn’t hold any President to that standard and shouldn’t with him either.  He deserves a lot of responsibility for things but not everything.
You might be right, if he had kept advisors who knew what they were talking about around. But he fired everyone else, and surrounded himself with yes men, so I feel that yes, this is going to be his fault.

At this point, who cares?  The only thing to object to in that position is labeling everyone who disagrees with him as "Democrat".  It's been shown that his actual base has shrunk over these three years, down to the 32-33% area from 37-38% during the election....it's much more than Democrats.  I'm torn on this....on one hand I'm glad he and his campaign don't get this.  On the other, it's absurdly annoying that it continues to be pushed.

ETA:  It mirrors exactly the nonsense that goes on in this forum...."because you don't like Trump you're a Democrat or a 'lefty' " tripe.  I get why some have to believe that but it's woefully disingenuous.  
:shrug:

I wonder if he is really aware of his approval ratings, or if the people around him prop him up by calling the polls "fake news" and the like.  He really lives in an insulated world - where he sees his fan base at rallies, and I wonder if he thinks that is indicative of the public at large.  He sees negative coverage in the media that does not match what he sees in rallies, and his instinct is to attack the media for being "fake".  Maybe he really does not understand how unpopular he really is.

:shrug:

I wonder if he is really aware of his approval ratings, or if the people around him prop him up by calling the polls "fake news" and the like.  He really lives in an insulated world - where he sees his fan base at rallies, and I wonder if he thinks that is indicative of the public at large.  He sees negative coverage in the media that does not match what he sees in rallies, and his instinct is to attack the media for being "fake".  Maybe he really does not understand how unpopular he really is.
I think this is 100% the case....no question about it.  You saw his reaction during the boos at the baseball game didn't you?  That was reality hitting him in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread