What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen in a comment on twitter.

”Trump has proven 2 things:

1.  Evangelicals were never really concerned with morality; and

2.  The Tea Party was never really concerned with deficits.”

Interesting and while a generalization...the sentiment seems overall true.

Enter the Republican National Committee, which offered donors a signed copy of Triggered for anyone who donated $50.00 or more, weeks before the book came out. Junior himself penned a fundraising appeal:

Friend,

Democrats are DESPERATELY rooting for my father to fail.

They are so blinded by their hatred of our president that they would rather see America FAIL than succeed under President Trump.

Sorry liberals, that ain’t happening!

In my new book Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us, I explore the Left’s obsession with President Trump and their plan to try to silence YOUR voice.

Since you’ve been one of President Trump’s supporters, I’ve HAND-SIGNED a copy just for you!

The email concludes by saying “This limited-time opportunity ends SOON, so be sure to claim your signed copy of my new book NOW.”

But as of this writing, the signed copies are still very much available.
A bulk order of his book would be a convenient way for a special interest group to buy a little influence in the administration.

Jeremy Diamond @JDiamond1

In an unannounced visit, Trump is getting the first part of his physical exam today per @PressSec: “Anticipating a very busy 2020, the President is taking advantage of a free weekend here in Washington, D.C., to begin portions of his routine annual physical exam at Walter Reed.”

Trump's 2 previous physical exams in office were announced ahead of time by the White House and noted on his daily public schedule. This time, the President's motorcade drove to Walter Reed unannounced, w/ reporters directed not to report the movement until arriving @ Walter Reed

This seems a little odd...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump’s Doral resort was a last-minute addition in search for G-7 site, newly released email shows

Secret Service agents had identified four U.S. sites as finalists for next year’s Group of Seven summit — but then they were told to add a new finalist: President Trump’s Doral resort, according to an internal Secret Service email released late Friday.

“Our original itinerary included Hawaii, Utah, California and North Carolina,” a Secret Service official wrote, describing a trip that a team of Secret Service personnel took in July to examine the finalists. “By departure, they had already cut two (California and North Carolina) and added Miami on the back end.”

“Miami” meant President Trump’s resort near the Miami airport, which hadn’t been among the original 10 sites that the Secret Service team had vetted. Although vetting of possible sites had begun in late May, the official wrote on July 12 that “yesterday was the first time we put eyes on this [Doral] property.”

---

So the WH lied about this previously. Huh. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming.

Jeremy Diamond @JDiamond1

In an unannounced visit, Trump is getting the first part of his physical exam today per @PressSec: “Anticipating a very busy 2020, the President is taking advantage of a free weekend here in Washington, D.C., to begin portions of his routine annual physical exam at Walter Reed.”

Trump's 2 previous physical exams in office were announced ahead of time by the White House and noted on his daily public schedule. This time, the President's motorcade drove to Walter Reed unannounced, w/ reporters directed not to report the movement until arriving @ Walter Reed

This seems a little odd...
I am reading in some places that his annual physical is supposed to be in February, so this un-announced visit certainly seems a bit off.

This was from his last Annual Physical in February 2019:

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump, a fast-food and red-meat connoisseur who eschews alcohol and tobacco, is in "very good health" his physician said Friday after a four-hour physical exam at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland.   

"I am happy to announce the president of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his presidency, and beyond," Dr. Sean Conley, the president’s physician, wrote in a memo released by the White House.

Trump’s health has long been a subject of interest, despite a doctor’s assessment last year that he has “incredibly good genes” and was in "excellent health." The 72-year-old president doesn’t exercise regularly, beyond golf, and acknowledged last year he takes a statin drug designed to lower his cholesterol.

The president spent four hours at Walter Reed. He returned to the White House Friday evening and did not respond to shouted questions from reporters. 

Now @NoahGrayCNN  reports: Trump's trip to Walter Reed "was previously unscheduled, a source familiar with the matter told CNN." As of Saturday A.M., the source added, the visit was not on the president's internal schedule. W.H. declined to comment on when it was scheduled. (2/2)

We have literally decades of evidence demonstrating Trump's racism. Anyone who hasn't recognized it is either in denial, has no understanding of Trumps very public history of racist behavior, is ok with it, and/or shares those beliefs.
Can you start posting these examples so everyone can see.  I'm not sure everyone's definition of racism is the same. 

is a mental health evaluation part of his physical exam?
No - seeing unconfirmed reports that it was due to "chest pains"

And, since he left Walter Reed, I think that this is nothing out of the ordinary.  I imagine the stress he is under right now is rather high.

Politically, its been a very tough week - no matter how you think the impeachment inquiry is going, the fact that it is going at all is stressful.  Stones conviction - stress.

ETA: 

A contributor for the Hill who writes on veterans issues is claiming that President Donald Trump visited the hospital due to chest discomfort. That’s a different story from the White House statement on Trump’s November 16, 2019 visit to Walter Reed National Medical Center, which said Trump was undergoing “portions” of a routine annual exam.

“#BreakingNews Sources tell me from Walter Reed the President was being checked out for chest discomfort. No other information is available at this time,” Andrew Vernon wrote on Twitter on the evening of November 16, 2019. Vernon’s Twitter page profile says that he is “President & CEO. Opinion Contributor @thehill. @ColumbiaMSPH Alum & @UMaine Alum. @USArmy Veteran. #GoHabsGo.

And, since he left Walter Reed, I think that this is nothing out of the ordinary.  I imagine the stress he is under right now is rather high.

Politically, its been a very tough week - no matter how you think the impeachment inquiry is going, the fact that it is going at all is stressful.  Stones conviction - stress.

ETA: 

A contributor for the Hill who writes on veterans issues is claiming that President Donald Trump visited the hospital due to chest discomfort. That’s a different story from the White House statement on Trump’s November 16, 2019 visit to Walter Reed National Medical Center, which said Trump was undergoing “portions” of a routine annual exam.

“#BreakingNews Sources tell me from Walter Reed the President was being checked out for chest discomfort. No other information is available at this time,” Andrew Vernon wrote on Twitter on the evening of November 16, 2019. Vernon’s Twitter page profile says that he is “President & CEO. Opinion Contributor @thehill. @ColumbiaMSPH Alum & @UMaine Alum. @USArmy Veteran. #GoHabsGo.
I hope he recovers from chest discomfort, if that's the reason he went to Walter Reed. Interesting that just today, a major study showed that Heart disease patients with exercise-induced chest pain may not need stents. The normal procedure  for someone like Trump would include EKG and enzymes to rule out a heart attack, like Bernie just had. I'm guessing those came out negative.  It still could be signs of coronary artery disease, especially given his age and his calcification score; maybe the meds will be changed. 

ETA: 

Interesting. I hope he is okay

Interesting. I hope he is okay
Definitely...

And there is his out.

Due to health reasons from the stress caused by the dirty dems, I must resign.

Goes on to blame everything on democrats...and being so unfair.

Why does the administration feel the need to lie about Trump's health?
Under normal administrations...I could see the lie to not create panic.

This one though would lie about it anyway to protect the ego...he has to claim to be the healthiest ever (despite it being obviously untrue)

Edwards won in Louisiana. Another loss for Trump in a red state. 

Of course we’ll get the tweet tomorrow that the only reason the Republican was even close is because Trump showed up. 

I am pretty surprised that the President's health is not the top headlines of the day.  I realize there is a lot going on in DC alone - but an unscheduled trip to the Hospital, followed by a dubious claim of "parts of an annual physical" and then a day of rest - should be the top story of the day.

I know some of us harbor tremendous animosity toward the President (and many of which believe that is, sadly, warranted due to behaviors, actions, policies...)

That said, this is neither the time nor place for jokes when we are dealing with potential serious health issues, especially as we collectively try to make this a better community focused on constructive discussion. 

Hope this comment is ok by the mods - if not I’ll hide it.  Just find it unseemly to joke about ones health. 

No problem. Just roll the tape for how he reacted to Hillary’s unexpected medical condition in 2016.
nothing to worry about

Jason Campbell
White House Press Secretary says Trump has "more energy than anybody else in the White House" and Jeanine Pirro says "he's almost superhuman"

Some of you may have noticed that I'm not a big Trump supporter.

But I think most chief executives would have acted similarly to an unexpected medical condition arising and not in the top 1000 things that disturb me about this administration.
I don't think its "disturbing" - and I don't think the "cover-up", if any, is the story.

I think the story is the President might have a health issue that should be disclosed to the public.   This is not a CEO (though even then, I think public companies have a duty to report key health issues to certain employees, like the CEO).

No problem. Just roll the tape for how he reacted to Hillary’s unexpected medical condition in 2016.
I believe we as a nation need to move passed the ### for tat “they did it” which only serves to help excuse whatsboutisms. 

Just because Obama or the Dems did it doesn’t make something acceptable by Trump nor the GOP.  And vice versa. 

Someone needs to be the adult and lead. To do that we must move passed the transgressions on all sides and conduct ourselves as a democratic republic should, especially our elected leadership. 

I don't think its "disturbing" - and I don't think the "cover-up", if any, is the story.

I think the story is the President might have a health issue that should be disclosed to the public.   This is not a CEO (though even then, I think public companies have a duty to report key health issues to certain employees, like the CEO).
Is the president (and CEOs) not entitled to HIPPA protection?

Video online for when he left for Walter Reed. Staff is running. Fits with narrative of chest pains and need for speed. Could as easily be stress related as a serious heart ailment, but fact there’s a lid today would suggest he didn’t check out as entirely healthy. Characteristically, we can assume we aren’t getting the truth. 

He’s scheduled to be coming to an Apple facility on Wednesday, along with Ivanka and Jared, about 3 miles from me. Wouldn’t be upset at all if that trip is cancelled. 
I've seen this movie before. It's called Dave

Maybe so, but I think it serves only as a distraction with everything else going on. Unless he at least stays overnight at WR or comes out with an IV and a backless nightgown, the focus should remain mostly on the impeachment proceedings.

Is the president (and CEOs) not entitled to HIPPA protection?
With the CEOs - I think the concern is the potential for insider trading on the knowledge of a serious illness to a key employee.  But, I am going on deep memories on this one - i.e. they may not be completely accurate.

With the President - I assume they have HIPPA protections - but at the same time, I think public interest is such that broad details of the president's health should be known.  

With the CEOs - I think the concern is the potential for insider trading on the knowledge of a serious illness to a key employee.  But, I am going on deep memories on this one - i.e. they may not be completely accurate.

With the President - I assume they have HIPPA protections - but at the same time, I think public interest is such that broad details of the president's health should be known.  
At some point, Trump will need to release some info, otherwise the speculation  will hurt him even more than the truth. He's 73, very overweight, has a high coronary calcification score and is taking meds to improve his lipid profile. The problem with Trump is that even when he releases some info, many people won't believe it, because of the way he dealt with the release of prior health info. 

I know some of us harbor tremendous animosity toward the President (and many of which believe that is, sadly, warranted due to behaviors, actions, policies...)

That said, this is neither the time nor place for jokes when we are dealing with potential serious health issues, especially as we collectively try to make this a better community focused on constructive discussion. 

Hope this comment is ok by the mods - if not I’ll hide it.  Just find it unseemly to joke about ones health. 
I sort of agree...but he was released from the hospital.  We don't even know what the issue is.  Since he was released Im going to assume he isn't in any immediate danger health wise.  Sure, we shouldn’t wish poorly on him, and I don’t believe anyone has.  But some jokes seems pretty tame.  I get what you are saying and edited one of my comments out of my post.

I hear what you’re saying, but the President has been on a mental skid, slurring words and getting confused, and we’re supposed to act like it’s perfectly normal and okay? Oh, and the bi-product of whatever is going on is erratic behavior that’s dismantling national security and getting allies killed en masse. I’m really not all that down for being high minded and thoughts and prayery about this one. I’m sorry. I want transparency into what’s going on at the heart of national crisis. We’re supposed to have norms in this country, and we’re way out of bounds. Admittedly, it sounds dramatic, but this guy has the nuclear codes and he’s not well, physically or mentally. I think we the people deserve answers regarding his fitness to lead. 

And the Hillary comparison isn’t just ### for tat. He and his allies made the point that someone with a serious mental condition is not suitable to hold the highest office. To which, I think there is a point. 
I agree with everything you said here... but all that can (and should be) accomplished without resorting to jokes is my only point. If anything, joking about the matter convokutes the serious issues at hand with his ability to perform physically and mentally.

I agree with everything you said here... but all that can (and should be) accomplished without resorting to jokes is my only point. If anything, joking about the matter convokutes the serious issues at hand with his ability to perform physically and mentally.
Thanks. 

Agreed. Bernie’s heart attack killed my support for him as a presidential candidate. If Trump had a heart attack it would definitely have a negative impact on his support, so it would make sense they would want to keep it quiet, but it comes across as highly unethical 

Dickies said:
Agreed. Bernie’s heart attack killed my support for him as a presidential candidate. If Trump had a heart attack it would definitely have a negative impact on his support, so it would make sense they would want to keep it quiet, but it comes across as highly unethical 
I hope he's in good health(for a guy in his 70s, at least) as well, though I wonder at all the secrecy as well. Ethics within the Trump administration seems to be a moving target at times anyway.

So there you have it:

Press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Saturday argued it was “dangerous for the country” for anyone to challenge the veracity of her claims.

Grisham made her argument after President Donald Trump went to Walter Reed Hospital for an unannounced doctor’s visit, resulting in a great deal of speculation.

Following the visit, Grisham claimed Trump was “healthy” and “without complaints” — a claim many found unlikely as the president has spent a good deal of time as president airing his many grievances.

“Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country,” Grisham argued.

Yes...I wonder why anyone would ever question then information that comes out of this administration.

So there you have it:

Press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Saturday argued it was “dangerous for the country” for anyone to challenge the veracity of her claims.

Grisham made her argument after President Donald Trump went to Walter Reed Hospital for an unannounced doctor’s visit, resulting in a great deal of speculation.

Following the visit, Grisham claimed Trump was “healthy” and “without complaints” — a claim many found unlikely as the president has spent a good deal of time as president airing his many grievances.

“Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country,” Grisham argued.
I get they don't want people making up stuff like "I heard he's got cancer". But the blanket "don't question us" is never well received.

On another note, please check your PMs from earlier this week. Thanks. 

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 
Sorry but "American exceptionalism'' is just a figment of y'all's imagination...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread