Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

3,204,313 slaves would like to have a discussion. The 4,000 or so natives that died on the Trail of Tears disagree.  120,000 interned Japanese think the President is incorrect. 15,000 Chinese railroad workers think they may have had it worse. The multitude of atomic veterans purposefully exposed to ionizing radiation think the draft dodger should rethink his words. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kwille said:

3,204,313 slaves would like to have a discussion. The 4,000 or so natives that died on the Trail of Tears disagree.  120,000 interned Japanese think the President is incorrect. 15,000 Chinese railroad workers think they may have had it worse. The multitude of atomic veterans purposefully exposed to ionizing radiation think the draft dodger should rethink his words. 

Or how about the veterans tat came back from actually serving in Vietnam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The transcripts are painful to read. Truly painful.

Trump has admitted that he has not read the Mueller report. Stephanopoulos has read it in its entirety. When Stephanopoulos backs Trump into a corner, Trump tells him to read the Mueller report--Stephanopoulos tells him four or five times I have read it and what you are saying is wrong.

It just goes in a circle like that for thirty hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The transcripts are painful to read. Truly painful.

Trump has admitted that he has not read the Mueller report. Stephanopoulos has read it in its entirety. When Stephanopoulos backs Trump into a corner, Trump tells him to read the Mueller report--Stephanopoulos tells him four or five times I have read it and what you are saying is wrong.

It just goes in a circle like that for thirty hours. 

Sounds familiar

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The transcripts are painful to read. Truly painful.

Trump has admitted that he has not read the Mueller report. Stephanopoulos has read it in its entirety. When Stephanopoulos backs Trump into a corner, Trump tells him to read the Mueller report--Stephanopoulos tells him four or five times I have read it and what you are saying is wrong.

It just goes in a circle like that for thirty hours. 

George can suck it up.....the same's been going on in this forum since the report came out.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Commish said:

George can suck it up.....the same's been going on in this forum since the report came out.

Yeah but we know Trump hasn't read the report, all these guys keep saying they have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Yeah but we know Trump hasn't read the report, all these guys keep saying they have

At least he's honest about it?  Pretty low bar, but some here have set worse and thought them perfectly acceptable.  It's a strange time we are living in :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Debbie Downer Post of the Day

He's gonna need three scoops of ice cream for his bedtime snack.

Quote

“Trump and others aren't getting prosecuted federally anyway before 2021, so they haven't faced a single jeopardy yet,” Shugerman said. “A pardon wouldn't create jeopardy, so they'd still face state prosecutions post-pardons

lolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Ginsburg and Gorsuch with the dissent because of course. 

Whoa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, urbanhack said:

File under: a ho-hum incident in Trump world which would be a bombshell story under any other ordinary administration. Not only will this not move the needle, it won’t even be known to 99% of the population.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roadkill1292 said:

"The failing Orlando Sentinel."

a very low IQ paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Orlando Sentinel 2020 Presidential endorsement: Not Trump

Something else for him to rail about at his rally tonight

Our local news outlets here in central Florida got a good chuckle out of the fabricated "100,000+ requests for tickets" shtick.....none of them could find a legit source to confirm that number and they all brought it up on their nightly news casts.  :lol: 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, urbanhack said:
Quote

 

Mick Mulvaney, acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, fired the agency’s 25-member advisory board Wednesday, days after some of its members criticized his leadership of the watchdog agency.

The CFPB said it will revamp the Consumer Advisory Board, known as the CAB, in the fall with all new members.

The panel has traditionally played an influential role in advising the CFPB’s leadership on new regulations and policies. But some members, who include prominent consumer advocates, academics and industry executives, began to complain that Mulvaney was ignoring them and making unwise decisions about the agency’s future.

On Monday, 11 CAB members held a news conference and criticized Mulvaney for, among other things, canceling legally required meetings with the group.

On Wednesday, group members were notified that they were being replaced — and that they could not reapply for spots on the new board. ...

- The whole board. 

- Apparently the head of the board has not been holding meetings, another example of law breaking.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Last week, Mulvaney sided with payday lenders who sued the CFPB to block implementation of new industry regulations. The CFPB filed a joint motion with the payday lenders asking the judge to delay the case until the bureau completes a review of the rules, which could take years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millions of folks waiting outside Amway Arena for El Présidente :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Commish said:
34 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

He wasn't was he?

The senate confirmed Shanahan for the Deputy position in July 2017, but as of last Thursday he hadn't even been nominated for the top job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Interesting that it never came up in the original hearing - given the documentation in the divorce papers.  Seems like that should have been easy to flag and follow-up on - makes you wonder about the quality of those FBI background checks...(cough, Kavanaugh, cough.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badmojo1006 said:

Army Secretary Esper comes in as the Acting for the Acting SOD.

- Presumably now the Army has an acting Sec of Army as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

HE STILL THINKS THEYRE GUILTY BECAUSE THEYRE BLACK

I thought this at first but after re-listening, he’s objecting to the 2014 settlement being wrong, not about their innocence.  Still, it’s just disgusting that he won’t apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, by all accounts, this is simply going to be his greatest hits tour if last night's "rally" is any indication.  No actual policy, no strategy for the country, continue to isolate us from the rest of the world while beating the #### out of his "brown/black people are bad" and "the world is trying to take over America at the southern border" dead horses.  I guess the silver lining is, he won't gain many voters that way.  The ceiling seems pretty low yet pretty solid compared to candidates of the past.  I am really hoping that the approval numbers remain consistently flat as they have been through his presidency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The Commish said:

So, by all accounts, this is simply going to be his greatest hits tour if last night's "rally" is any indication.  No actual policy, no strategy for the country, continue to isolate us from the rest of the world while beating the #### out of his "brown/black people are bad" and "the world is trying to take over America at the southern border" dead horses.  I guess the silver lining is, he won't gain many voters that way.  The ceiling seems pretty low yet pretty solid compared to candidates of the past.  I am really hoping that the approval numbers remain consistently flat as they have been through his presidency.

Problem is that he can start a war roughly any time he wants, particularly if he chooses Iran. Nothing like a war to galvanize support around the incumbent

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Commish said:

So, by all accounts, this is simply going to be his greatest hits tour if last night's "rally" is any indication.  No actual policy, no strategy for the country, continue to isolate us from the rest of the world while beating the #### out of his "brown/black people are bad" and "the world is trying to take over America at the southern border" dead horses.  I guess the silver lining is, he won't gain many voters that way.  The ceiling seems pretty low yet pretty solid compared to candidates of the past.  I am really hoping that the approval numbers remain consistently flat as they have been through his presidency.

I’m not exactly sure what made last night a kickoff. Trump announced last year, he’s been having rallies since, this seemed like what he’s been doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I’m not exactly sure what made last night a kickoff. Trump announced last year, he’s been having rallies since, this seemed like what he’s been doing.

Didn't he set up his reelection fund as soon as he was inaugurated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Didn't he set up his reelection fund as soon as he was inaugurated? 

I think that’s right. He’s been in permanent campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.