Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

One of the big claims to Trump's accomplishments is that he rebuilt our military.  I don't know what was wrong with it to begin with and I don't know what was done.  Can someone tell me how Trump actually rebuilt it?

Just now, Misfit said:

Threw more money at it

That's what I was assuming but I was hoping there was more to it.  Apparently it's more of a nothingberder then.

So..... this is a funny anecdote. The people here in Hawaii REALLY don't like trump. :lol:

Went to the front desk at our hotel to get a recommendation for dinner tonight. Wanted a steak and seafood place. She said that a lot of people liked BLT Steak but that it was in trump tower so she didn't recommend it

We're weren't looking for a chain place anyway but i thought that comment pretty jarring. 

I don’t mean in any way to dismiss a rape allegation, but I can’t see this claim changing anyone’s opinion of Trump. Seems to me that, no matter what you think of him, you aren’t surprised by this accusation. 

I’ll go further and suggest that there could be video showing the claim is entirely true and no one’s position would change. You could love him or hate him but either way this claim is entirely consistent with who you think he is. 

4 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I don’t mean in any way to dismiss a rape allegation, but I can’t see this claim changing anyone’s opinion of Trump. Seems to me that, no matter what you think of him, you aren’t surprised by this accusation. 

I’ll go further and suggest that there could be video showing the claim is entirely true and no one’s position would change. You could love him or hate him but either way this claim is entirely consistent with who you think he is. 

Carroll is the first woman to publicly accuse Trump of attempting to penetrate her with his penis.

Hopefully that makes a difference to some people.

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Carroll is the first woman to publicly accuse Trump of attempting to penetrate her with his penis.

She writes a very credible story (and she's a great writer ...that whole story is a compelling read).

The President has responded by clearly stating to Bloomberg reporter Laura Litvan that he’s “never met this person in my life” in reference to Carroll.

Well, that's it.  Not like anyone could prove that to be a lie.

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The President has responded by clearly stating to Bloomberg reporter Laura Litvan that he’s “never met this person in my life” in reference to Carroll.

So his usual lie when he's accused of something horrific.

19 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Narrator: . . .

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I dunno.  It kind of defeats the whole "it was just lockerroom talk...guys being guys" thing.  Anyone who was uneasy about the "grab them by the #####" thing but decided it was just Trump acting big...now, there's something else to consider.

Still, I gotta ask...where was this woman in 2015/2016?  Why not come out when it had a chance of mattering?

37 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I dunno.  It kind of defeats the whole "it was just lockerroom talk...guys being guys" thing.  Anyone who was uneasy about the "grab them by the #####" thing but decided it was just Trump acting big...now, there's something else to consider.

Still, I gotta ask...where was this woman in 2015/2016?  Why not come out when it had a chance of mattering?

Look at the scores of women that have accused him. They're all labeled as liars and whores. 

3 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Look at the scores of women that have accused him. They're all labeled as liars and whores. 

Like Hillary did.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

He’s met so many people. It’s hard to remember them all.

Edited by Osaurus

6 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

He’s met so many people. It’s hard to remember them all.

Worst part is it looks like a picture of them actually meeting. 

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

I've heard my whole life that we have the strongest military the world has ever seen, so I've never understood why we would need to "rebuild" it.  Just seems like more government handouts to the swamp.  If anything we need to heavily audit our military to eliminate wasteful spending on it.  I'm not a fiscal conservative by any means, but I'd like our government spending to be as efficient as possible.

I agree 100%. All I’ve ever heard from people in the military is about how much incredible waste there is. Why not become more efficient instead of just throwing more money at it?

16 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Like Hillary did.

You really can’t help yourself can you?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You really can’t help yourself can you?

What sort of ridiculous comment is this? What I wrote was truthful. 

Edited by John Blutarsky

1 hour ago, moleculo said:

Of course people might say why is it coming out now, or where’re the witnesses, or he never met her, or look how excited she looked in the picture of them meeting. 

We may see people kicking through those uprights, only to see them move. 

My point is that IT DOESN’T MATTER. 

Even if everyone assumed it happened, it won’t change anyone’s opinion. Anti-Trumpers think he’s a lying misogynist narcissist rich boy criminal. Of course he’d rape someone. Pro-Trumpers think he’s an alpha big dick non-PC takes what he wants tells it like it is winner. Of course he’d rape someone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree 100%. All I’ve ever heard from people in the military is about how much incredible waste there is. Why not become more efficient instead of just throwing more money at it?

The way the military is organized and spends money is so convoluted that its impossible to hold them accountable. 1000 auditors spent over a year and $400MM trying to audit the Pentagon before concluding it couldn't be done.  Almost like it's intentional. Thank God Trump showed up to increase the budget :tebow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Blutarsky said:

Like Hillary did.

I don't recall Hillary accusing Trump of sexually assaulting her. That's what this conversation is about.

1 minute ago, Herb said:

I don't recall Hillary accusing Trump of sexually assaulting her. That's what this conversation is about.

Hi Herb. I suggest you read what I replied about. Have a great weekend. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, randall146 said:

I agree.  This accusation isn't going to change anything, which is a horrific comment on what the modern GOP has become.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

More money for the military = good because our troops need to be paid more.

More money for education = bad because teacher union's are destroying education.

What mental gymnastics to justify the two.

3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Hi Herb. I suggest you read what I replied about. Have a great weekend. :thumbup:

I did. Several times. Hence my response. It doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you can elaborate. 

You have a good weekend as well.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Herb said:

I did. Several times. Hence my response. It doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you can elaborate. 

You have a good weekend as well.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years-every-day-something-more-shocking-than-the-last/?do=findComment&comment=21973828

My response was to how Hillary vilified all the women that made claims about Bill. 

And thanks Herb.

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

And that needed to be brought up because?

It’s the truth

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

And that needed to be brought up because?

Both sides...

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

It’s the truth

Does anyone here actually care about Hillary anymore?  Let it go.  We know, the Clintons suck and Hillary is a terrible person. I don’t think many will argue that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

It’s the truth

Hey I for one think you’re right to bring it up because it’s a perfect analogy. Hillary was married to President Clinton so she felt the need to defend him anyway she could. Conservatives are married to President Trump so they feel the same need. Not much different. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Does anyone here actually care about Hillary anymore?  Let it go.  We know, the Clintons suck and Hillary is a terrible person. I don’t think many will argue that.

I will bring up situations where hypocritical comments are made. And you have a wonderful weekend too.

• Laughing 1

Anything happen today?  Oh, another woman accused the President of rape.  So...Friday?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Like Hillary did.

:goodposting:

He's no better than Hillary. That should make you pause but.............

8 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

I will bring up situations where hypocritical comments are made. And you have a wonderful weekend too.

How much are you getting for rent, or do you let Hillary live in your head for free?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

It’s the truth

An adult human’s head weighs around 10-11 pounds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

How much are you getting for rent, or do you let Hillary live in your head for free?

:lmao: Wow...so rich

15 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

That’s great. No one cares though. It’s like you thought it was a slam to people who don’t like Trump but it wasn’t. We don’t care. It was nothing but deflecting. 

If Hillary truly bothers you then so should Trump. You should really look in the mirror when talking hypocrisy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

An adult human’s head weighs around 10-11 pounds. 

I thought the kid on Jerry McGuire said the human head weighs 8lbs?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That’s great. No one cares though. It’s like you thought it was a slam to people who don’t like Trump but it wasn’t. We don’t care. It was nothing but deflecting. 

If Hillary truly bothers you then so should Trump. You should really look in the mirror when talking hypocrisy. 

Wow...you totally misunderstood things...slam? I’ve been nice and respectful. You were like that at one time but you are in full attack mode tonight. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Wow...you totally misunderstood things...slam? I’ve been nice and respectful. You were like that at one time but you are in full attack mode tonight. 

No slam or in attack mode as far as I can tell. I do get tired of the Hillary comparisons all the time when defending Trump though. I don’t know if Trump supporters think it’s a big “gotcha” or something but it’s not. Very few people like Hillary and to compare Trump to her just tells me that you agree that Trump is crap. 

Edited by Hawkeye21
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

bees can smell fear

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He did.  Little liar. 

13 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Is it nice and respectful to use irrelevant claims to distract against rape allegations pertaining to the POTUS?   Probably not to those making them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Crap, that counterfeit money thread got deleted. 

I see what you did there.

10 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

It’s the truth

Yeah, well the sun rises in the East.  So there!

Is it weird how much our friends on the right invoke the former democratic nominee?  They talk about her a hell of a lot more than our friends on the left.  I think it's weird.

In 2009 or so, I remember thinking about how long it would take our friends on the left to stop invoking GWB... I remember the phrase "I blame Bush for that" being repeated over and over and over.  Same thing, right?  How long did that last?  Did it take a while 2nd term?

• Like 1

It’s an odd thing anyway.  A point is made that people are calling these women whores and liars.   A defense would be...those people are wrong and I don’t think it’s wise spread.  Even so, it’s wrong to do.

Instead, we get...but Hillary did it.

While true, she was vilified for it by some of the same types now doing it to Trump accusers.  

The people defending Trump absolutely hated Hillary and kept telling us how bad she was.  You’d think they would want to not be like her.

On 1/22/2017 at 10:51 AM, moleculo said:

That's not my point.  My point is at some time you are going to have to pivot from "but Hillary..."  the Left eventually stopped with "I blame Bush", although I suppose that wasn't well into Obama's 2nd term.  On the other hand, Bush actually was the man in power so he really did have impact on policy.  Hillary, on the other hand, has been out of office and nothing but a candidate for the past 4 years, so I'm hopeful the "but Hillary" meme has a much shorter shelf life.

Basically, blaming a sitting president to an opposing candidate or past president is pretty stupid on both sides and I'm hoepful we can get past it sooner rather than later.  Let Trump sink or swim on his own merits - no need to invoke the 2016 election.

2 1/2 years later ...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, moleculo said:

2 1/2 years later ...

It’s actually part of the reason I think he’s going to lose. Trump goes to these campaign rallies and he talks about Hillary and the crowd roars “Lock her up!” It was shocking in 2016, now it’s old, sad and pathetic (much like the people who appeared to be at the rally.) I think the rest of the country is bored with this and ready to move on.