What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s leaving the NATO summit early. 
I wonder if the video released last night made him upset? 

@ddale8
19m
Trump says he's going to go directly back to Washington after his meetings because he's done plenty of press conferences at this summit, "unless you're demanding a press conference" and then he'll do one. (There is a press conference on his schedule.)

@ddale8
22m
Trump, sitting with Merkel, is asked about Trudeau and says, "Well, he's two-faced." After a long pause, he adds that Trudeau is a "nice guy" but was probably "not very happy" that Trump called him out yesterday for Canada not meeting NATO's 2% spending guideline.

@ddale8
16m
I should have specified that Trump was asked about the video of Trudeau appearing to mock him, not about Trudeau generally.

David Frum’s article today makes the point that the first two members of Congress to endorse Trump have both been convicted of crimes, just like his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, his first National Security Advisor, and his senior campaign advisor (or whatever Stone’s title was).

Criminals flock to Trump because they recognize him as one of their own.

David Frum’s article today makes the point that the first two members of Congress to endorse Trump have both been convicted of crimes, just like his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, his first National Security Advisor, and his senior campaign advisor (or whatever Stone’s title was).

Is there factual info supporting this? You don’t think there are plenty of criminals that vote against Trump? Pretty bold statement. 

He’s leaving the NATO summit early. 
I wonder if the video released last night made him upset? 

The guy doesn't do groups well. He hates anything multilateral, he can only do 1:1 because he can only relate 1:1. And he enjoys leaders like Erdogan and Putin because they play him and encourage his resentments, while folks like most western democratic leaders deal in ideas, and engage in back and forth and honest debate.

He's a weird egg. I suspect mommy & daddy did a real number on young Donald.

So that was also part of article? Sorry no link was provided so wasn’t clear. 
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/all-the-presidents-crooks/602965/

"Trump’s core supporters have proved again and again to be criminals: Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Roger Stone, have pleaded guilty to, or been convicted of, federal crimes. Now Collins and Hunter, Trump’s earliest supporters in the House, have joined them.

The attraction of such people—and so many like them—to Donald Trump tells us something important about who Trump is: a man who appeals to crooks because they recognize him as one of their own."

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there factual info supporting this? You don’t think there are plenty of criminals that vote against Trump? Pretty bold statement. 
The first paragraph of Maurile's post (that you would have had to actively delete/crop out) literally cites to factual information supporting the assertion (i.e. the first two congressmen to support him and his personal lawyer all being convicted criminals). 

Now, you may have valid disagreement with the assertion (such as a sample size argument or something), but the guy literally gives you factual information. Your statement is akin to the seemingly continued "no evidence for impeachment argument" that is, just, factually wrong (as there is some evidence to suggest that Trump may have committed an impeachable offense given that there was several days of testimony on the issue). 

The first paragraph of Maurile's post (that you would have had to actively delete/crop out) literally cites to factual information supporting the assertion (i.e. the first two congressmen to support him and his personal lawyer all being convicted criminals). 

Now, you may have valid disagreement with the assertion (such as a sample size argument or something), but the guy literally gives you factual information. Your statement is akin to the seemingly continued "no evidence for impeachment argument" that is, just, factually wrong (as there is some evidence to suggest that Trump may have committed an impeachable offense given that there was several days of testimony on the issue). 
There was no link and no quotations, sorry for the confusion but some real quality reading there. Wow. I feel like I’m in an alternate reality, please resume I’ll bow out. 

@ddale8
19m
Trump says he's going to go directly back to Washington after his meetings because he's done plenty of press conferences at this summit, "unless you're demanding a press conference" and then he'll do one. (There is a press conference on his schedule.)

@ddale8
22m
Trump, sitting with Merkel, is asked about Trudeau and says, "Well, he's two-faced." After a long pause, he adds that Trudeau is a "nice guy" but was probably "not very happy" that Trump called him out yesterday for Canada not meeting NATO's 2% spending guideline.

@ddale8
16m
I should have specified that Trump was asked about the video of Trudeau appearing to mock him, not about Trudeau generally.
Trump caught on hot mic afterwards saying: That was funny when I said the guy's two-faced.

I actually don't mind this as long as it takes into account all the potential reasons one may not be able to work.  But for any able bodied person without depended kids that need caring for, why shouldn't they have to work?
Because they can't get jobs with consistent hours for long periods.  The new rules remove waivers for areas with higher unemployment by setting a much higher threshold for the waiver.

Because they can't get jobs.  The new rules remove waivers for areas with higher unemployment by setting a much higher threshold for the waiver.
This is one of those areas that needs more fleshing out.  I'd have to have proof that these people are trying to get work.  Maybe they are now, I don't know, but I don't think attempting to get work is too much of a burden. 

The Trump administration has formalized work requirements for food assistance.

Almost 700,000 people are expected to lose access to nutritional assistance.
That will teach those kids a lesson - don’t be born poor (and certainly not poor, black, and economically disenfranchised by the very govt that now will learn you a lesson).

We have lost our collective humanity and decency as a nation. Sweet dreams beacon on the hill. 

The old adage from my childhood seems appropriate; you're known by the company you keep.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
That will teach those kids a lesson - don’t be born poor (and certainly not poor, black, and economically disenfranchised by the very govt that now will learn you a lesson).

We have lost our collective humanity and decency as a nation. Sweet dreams beacon on the hill. 
A lot of us still try to help the poor. This one is squarely on the GOP.

When Democrats push bills without Republicans they make health insurance accessible through a plan that needs fixing. 

When Republicans push them without Democrats, Pfizer gets a $40 billion tax cut. 

Both sides?
I would like to see the demographics of the people losing benefits. 

This is one of those areas that needs more fleshing out.  I'd have to have proof that these people are trying to get work.  Maybe they are now, I don't know, but I don't think attempting to get work is too much of a burden. 
I'm closer to your side of this argument, but there was an interesting quote in the article that made me take a step back:

"Hunger advocates have repeatedly emphasized that SNAP is intended to address hunger and not compel people to work."

What kids are being taught a lesson?  

"The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled."

Ned said:
What kids are being taught a lesson?  

"The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled."
I apparently was poorly self informed and thought this was a different reg... my bad 

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
urbanhack said:
This is reportedly because of the other leaders laughing at him. For mocking everyone else so much, he is remarkably thin-skinned. 

But regardless of the reason for leaving, it’s certainly disappointing to have our top Executive leaving such an important meeting with allies before the actual real work. Not really surprising as it seems as if our President is more concerned with 10 second soundbytes and tweets rather than the actual work of governing, but disappointing none the less.

Jeff Mason@jeffmason1·4m

Russian representative to the UN thanks ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ for the tour of the White House. After China representative notes they saw the “china room,” the Russian ambassador jokes he did not see a “Russia room.”

We’ll take care of that, Trump quips back.

Of course we will....

This is reportedly because of the other leaders laughing at him. For mocking everyone else so much, he is remarkably thin-skinned. 

But regardless of the reason for leaving, it’s certainly disappointing to have our top Executive leaving such an important meeting with allies before the actual real work. Not really surprising as it seems as if our President is more concerned with 10 second soundbytes and tweets rather than the actual work of governing, but disappointing none the less.
I think I saw something where Kellyanne said that they were all just jealous of him because of how great and powerful a speaker he is.   Sure that's it.   :lmao:    

So apparently using the word "baron" during their hearing or anything else political  is used as insult to Trump's son.  That is what Melania and other conservatives are saying.  Why can't we just leave the kids alone in this.  First of all it had nothing to do with him it was a play on his name.  I mean I guess we should thankful he first name is Rob.  Secondly, yeah because I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calls Chelsea Clinton a dog for weeks until he had to actually apologize on his show.   And Obama kids were trashed many times half the time in racist tones.  hell even Bush's daughters were bashed on how they acted in college which is basically every child going to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread