What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Mason@jeffmason1·4m

Russian representative to the UN thanks ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ for the tour of the White House. After China representative notes they saw the “china room,” the Russian ambassador jokes he did not see a “Russia room.”

We’ll take care of that, Trump quips back.

Of course we will....
The original Amber Room has been in our possession the whole time, hasn’t it?!?  The true find of the Monuments Men, I bet

*I know I’m a day late here, but couldn’t resist

President Reagan: "The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

President Trump: "We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms ... You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water … People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times."

President Reagan: "The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

President Trump: "We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms ... You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water … People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times."
I have never had to flush 10 or 15 times to flush my morning "Trump tweet." Even twice is pushing it for me.

Captain Queeg : Ahh, but the strawberries! ... beyond the shadow of a doubt and with - geometric logic - that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist! And I'd have PRODUCED that key if they hadn't've pulled the Caine out of action!
Life imitates art - that scene and the book 1984. So eerily reminiscent.

Trump:

"The light bulb. They got rid of the light bulb that people got used to ... It doesn't make you look as good. Being a vain person … I don't want an orange look ... We'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House."

Via CSPAN (video clip at link)

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1203049053317160960

Um, Mr. President, it's not the light bulbs.
Mr. President, Willie Wonka is on line 3.

This is easily one of my favorite Trump diatribes of all time. The mental image of him angrily calling the head of the EPA after flush #13 and barking at him to “lift the standard” is truly a gift.

"Mr. Gorbachev, where the hell is the plunger?"

Why waste money working on healthcare when we can spend that money much better investigating how many times people flush their toilets?

And call the White House janitor to take care of the problem and he says"nice job Mr President"
And then, quickly DJT waddles to another toilet nearby to sit & tweet out that, "Many people are saying that I make the best bowel movements, the best ever, many people are saying that." *

* not a real tweet or quote, yet, my imagination is weird

Aside from the word salad, I enjoyed the conclusion ("you get a bulb that's better for much less money" and "you'll keep the other alternative") which basically destroyed the whole point of his original argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poe in rhyme, Vonnegut in style, Twain in tone, and King in suspense.

Trump = best American author ever.
Because of the poll among Republicans last month, I believe we have an obligation from this point forward to compare every Trump statement and action to those of Abraham Lincoln. This particular speech was around the same length as Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, and so we can start there. 

Trump is more free form in style than Lincoln was. He uses a stream of consciousness style quite similar to William Faulkner in the first 100 pages of The Sound and the Fury. (Faulkner was attempting in that portion of the novel to explore the mind of an intellectually challenged man; Trump is able to achieve this feat better than Faulkner ever could.) Or, using an art analogy, if the Gettysburg Address is classic Rembrandt, then Trump’s Water speech is Jackson Pollack: a splash of paint thrown at the wall. 

Because of the poll among Republicans last month, I believe we have an obligation from this point forward to compare every Trump statement and action to those of Abraham Lincoln. This particular speech was around the same length as Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, and so we can start there. 

Trump is more free form in style than Lincoln was. He uses a stream of consciousness style quite similar to William Faulkner in the first 100 pages of The Sound and the Fury. (Faulkner was attempting in that portion of the novel to explore the mind of an intellectually challenged man; Trump is able to achieve this feat better than Faulkner ever could.) Or, using an art analogy, if the Gettysburg Address is classic Rembrandt, then Trump’s Water speech is Jackson Pollack: a splash of paint thrown at the wall. 
:lol:  at the bolded. So true

Smithsonian has already replaced the Gettysburg Address with the Toilet Address.

Just checking, does anyone in the Trump camp seem to care that Saudis executed and filmed a terrorist attack on a Florida naval base, or are we still going to rent them our military as mercenaries?
Or that, as a result of increasing the fee the South Koreans pay five fold to have American soldiers stationed in South Korea, they've now gone and made a defense agreement with China? Y'all still don't like China, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking, does anyone in the Trump camp seem to care that Saudis executed and filmed a terrorist attack on a Florida naval base, or are we still going to rent them our military as mercenaries?
It's really shocking that A) this story isn't getting more attention, and B) that the collective conservative outrage is practically nonexistent.

When an illegal foreigner kills an American citizen, President Trump proclaims that we need to have a "total and complete shutdown" of Muslim immigration until we can "figure out what the hell is going on". But when a foreigner working for one of his Saudi prince buddies murders U.S. servicemen on our own soil, he can't even muster up enough anger to condemn the act -- Trump's primary concern was to help the Saudis deflect blame ("The King said the Saudi people are greatly angered").

Imagine if Barack Hussein Obama was more concerned with playing spin doctor for his Muslim allies...

Well the Saudi king feels bad about it and he's going to give us some money (well Trump said he is, he probably meant he's going to give Trump Industries some $$), so I don't know what more you could expect...

Henry Ford said:
The silence speaks volumes. I’m absolutely disgusted with all of it. 

Where is everyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread