What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
357th visit to a Trump property. 
265th of those to a golf course. 

But hey he’s donating his salary 🤣
Only 68 more golf outings to beat Obama's total for eight years (assuming he didn't play golf at someone else's course).

357th visit to a Trump property. 
265th of those to a golf course. 

But hey he’s donating his salary 🤣
How much has his company made in regards to charging the taxpayer for all the rooms/services/amenities that were required when he went to one of his properties? 

How much has his company made in regards to charging the taxpayer for all the rooms/services/amenities that were required when he went to one of his properties? 
I don’t even want to know. He’s done a nice job enriching himself through this.

Trump should resign. Country coming unglued, because of him.
As normal, civilized people predicted was inevitable. The Chaos president. Not just our country either.  He has sown chaos throughout the world. I hope nobody ever forgets. His supporters and the enablers (all the “both sides” and “just politics” and “difference of opinion” people) are complicit and share the blame.

Seems our paths have been pretty similar.  This election will be the first one I've ever voted for a D or R for president.  Looking over our ballot, it seems like locally, I'll have about a 45/55 mix R to D....might end up 40/60 after all is said and done.  Nationally, I will NOT vote R....this includes my rep for the House.  The GOP has jumped the shark and left me in the dust as they sprint to the absurd right.
Interesting. Based on the postings I've seen from you, I don't see you as voting for 40% Republicans. 

The General said:
How had I never heard about this?

Woody Guthrie wrote a song about Trump’s dad and his racist housing practices. Called “Old Man Trump”.
You mean the loser, low-ratings, fake news Woody Guthrie? Nasty song. 

cubd8 said:
Interesting. Based on the postings I've seen from you, I don't see you as voting for 40% Republicans. 
You see mainly my thoughts on the big three...House, Senate, and Presidency.  I have utter contempt and disgust for our current administration.  I don't hide that.  From a morality perspective, it's the worst I've seen in my lifetime.  Throw on top of that this significant migration to "the right" by the GOP towards Trumpism and politically I find myself with less and less in common with any of them.  For example, I have nowhere to go for fiscal conservatism.  Some will suggest that's always been the case and to some extent that's probably true nationally.  However, locally, I can still find those people who are fiscally conservative and "socially responsible" (as I like to call them).  There was a time where I could respect positions even if I didn't agree with them.  That too has sailed.  Law and order?  Respect for the Constitution?  Equal treatment under the law?  Seeing people as people and not a skin color?  All that is eroding faster today than it ever has.  

Fortunately, I can still find a lot of those things locally.  I suspect that's because the local guys haven't been in this racquet for as long and haven't been as contaminated as the federal positions.  But, when I find them, I vote for them.  Nationally, I have pretty much voted the "independent" route for the last few cycles.  In my view, things have gotten so bad that I think I'm going to be casting several protest votes for the first time ever.  

As normal, civilized people predicted was inevitable. The Chaos president. Not just our country either.  He has sown chaos throughout the world. I hope nobody ever forgets. His supporters and the enablers (all the “both sides” and “just politics” and “difference of opinion” people) are complicit and share the blame.
Exactly. Yet just like their fearful leader they will continue to project their blame elsewhere. 

Doesn't make the obersavation untrue or not factual
It's immature and petty.  But if you want to be factual I'm pretty sure he didn't turn off the lights like he ran out of Halloween Candy.  I'm pretty sure the SS ordered him to the bunker so I'd say it wasn't very factual or true.   But carry on

It's immature and petty.  But if you want to be factual I'm pretty sure he didn't turn off the lights like he ran out of Halloween Candy.  I'm pretty sure the SS ordered him to the bunker so I'd say it wasn't very factual or true.   But carry on
It's been stated that as a presidential candidate, Biden is also afforded a SS detail. Yet he was out talking to community leaders in Delaware while Trump was sequestered. 

It's been stated that as a presidential candidate, Biden is also afforded a SS detail. Yet he was out talking to community leaders in Delaware while Trump was sequestered. 
I wouldn't expect any president to be at a protest. But I do expect a competent president to be visible and able to communicate a message of unity and calm. He can still be forceful against ALL violence and destruction while being sympathetic to the cause. Address the nation for a few minutes. Be presidential and be a leader. Do the exact opposite of hiding behind a twitter handle and sending divisive messages.

He appeared much more sympathetic to the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville. 

We can't pretend that the physical requirements are the same between Biden and Trump.  There's no question that Trump was taken down there.  "Forced"?  Who knows...doubt it, but who knows.  SS has protocols and I'm pretty sure one of them is to secure the President when things start getting weird outslde the WH.  Regardless, the "hiding" part also applies to his leadership, which has been virtually non-existent.  To that point, he's absolutely gone and hid IMO (and I think that's probably the best thing for this country in this very moment).  And, no, I don't think throwing a tantrum to the Governors or threatening to infringe on the states with the NG without their permission is "leadership".  Any other President, I'd expect to be giving a message from the oval office.  This one?  I hope he doesn't as he's almost guaranteed to say something stupid and make it worse.

Any other President, I'd expect to be giving a message from the oval office.  This one?  I hope he doesn't as he's almost guaranteed to say something stupid and make it worse.
Brett Baier alluded to this on Fox News as to why he hasn't addressed the nation. The last time he did it didn't go very well (Baier's words). His handlers may be afraid to put him on tv.

Brett Baier alluded to this on Fox News as to why he hasn't addressed the nation. The last time he did it didn't go very well (Baier's words). His handlers may be afraid to put him on tv.
We've all heard him on the phone with the Governors....that's him.  Those that would believe he's sincere in his remarks to the nation are the ones that believe the recordings are fake.  And yes, I have seen that floated already.  It's a messed up time we are living in for sure.

He's still blaming weak leadership. He's just blaming governors and mayors. And probably Obama and Biden too.
This is his M.O. You could set your watch to it. 

Anything bad happens, blame Democrats, Obama, local leadership. 

Anything good happens, accept all the credit, say that he's the only one who could have accomplished it. 

It's so transparent that I almost respect the level to which he's able to bamboozle tens of millions of people. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread