Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Not sure why you would want to wear such a shirt.  Neo-Naziism and white supremacy aren't a joke or something to mock

Wait, why not?

Is this some kind of reverse Rivers Co (or whatever his name was) type of mentality?

Can’t get over that he thinks Faux News isn’t being fair to him. Stable genius indeed :lmao:

The president tweeted out top secret satellite photos. He took The damn pictures with his phone. :lol: 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:13 AM, Ruffrodys05 said:

This entire administration is full of nothing but hypocrites and liars.

That isn't fair.  They are also crooks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

The president tweeted out top secret satellite photos. He took The damn pictures with his phone. :lol: 

The writers aren’t even trying anymore. Sad.

It just occurred to me - I don't think we have an NSA. Bolton is just there for show.

Bolton sidelined from Afghanistan policy as his standing with Trump falters

At the zenith of his influence, Bolton enabled the president to act on his most aggressive instincts and outmaneuvered other Cabinet officials with less experience in the interagency process. But his tough management style and bellicose worldview have frayed relations with some colleagues.

In a recent standoff, Bolton asked for a copy of the draft agreement the United States is trying to strike with the Taliban. But the U.S. envoy leading the negotiations, Zalmay Khalilzad, denied the request, saying Bolton could read the agreement in the presence of a senior official but not leave with it in hand, U.S. officials said. One official said the incident infuriated Bolton, while another downplayed it, saying the draft was eventually sent to the National Security Council staff.

- I absolutely am disgusted with Bolton on every level and I don't think he should be in at or near government - however he is NSA, the NSA absolutely has the right and indeed must see such things.

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It just occurred to me - I don't think we have an NSA. Bolton is just there for show.

- I absolutely am disgusted with Bolton on every level and I don't think he should be in at or near government - however he is NSA, the NSA absolutely has the right and indeed must see such things.

Bolton would have us at war in Afghanistan forever. 

But on the other hand, if he’s skeptical that we can trust the Taliban to disavow al-Qaeda and then stand by their word, he’s absolutely right to be. 

There’s already been so many weird parallels between Trump and Nixon, and now the way Trump is prepared to leave Afghanistan is almost exactly the way Nixon left Vietnam- with what I sadly predict will be the exact same result. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Bolton would have us at war in Afghanistan forever. 

But on the other hand, if he’s skeptical that we can trust the Taliban to disavow al-Qaeda and then stand by their word, he’s absolutely right to be. 

Basically a key part of our national security apparatus is a hollow shell right now, that’s the problem. I know you know the NSC was created to prevent Bay if Pigs type disasters.

And you’re right on the second point but it sounds like that very POV is blocked out at the White House.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The biggest concern I have with this is how Bolton is going to get back onto Trump’s good side. Gone are the days of the adults in the room rebelling against him and finding ways to stop what he’s trying to do. They’ve been replaced by people like Bolton who are power hungry and will look to please Trump by supporting his horrible plans.

• Like 1

Just now, Biff84 said:

The biggest concern I have with this is how Bolton is going to get back onto Trump’s good side. Gone are the days of the adults in the room rebelling against him and finding ways to stop what he’s trying to do. They’ve been replaced by people like Bolton who are power hungry and will look to please Trump by supporting his horrible plans.

Yep I agree that’s a good point.

I, for one, would not mind one bit if Trump were to be in the White House for 10-14 years. No problem at all.

(if any Fox News people use my quote above, it was stated with sarcasm in mind)

Seriously, if the mayor of some podunk town declared himself "almost literally Jesus" the religious right would lose their minds until that mayor resigned in disgrace.  The POTUS says it and this guy is such a nimrod it's already forgotten. 

Personally I'm going to remind everyone often. 

According to the pool report, Trump has arrived at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, VA. This is Trump's 226th day at a Trump golf club and 294th day at a Trump property as president.

7:10 AM · Aug 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Wasn't he supposed to be handling Hurricane preparations?

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Seriously, if the mayor of some podunk town declared himself "almost literally Jesus" the religious right would lose their minds until that mayor resigned in disgrace.  The POTUS says it and this guy is such a nimrod it's already forgotten. 

Personally I'm going to remind everyone often. 

We have the:

- Christian Standard Bible

- Modern English Version

- Tree of Life

- King James Bible

- Donald J. Trump Bible

I wonder which version Christians "follow." Ask them.

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

According to the pool report, Trump has arrived at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, VA. This is Trump's 226th day at a Trump golf club and 294th day at a Trump property as president.

My link

• Laughing 2

:lmao:

I am just getting caught up on Trump taking a photo of classified intel with his phone, and then tweeting it.

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am just getting caught up on Trump taking a photo of classified intel with his phone, and then tweeting it.

Almost literally the Son of God is almost literally without sin. 

10 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

buttery males

• Like 2

Guys, this isn't like it's the first time he's tweeted out classified information. Sheesh, move on already. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Guys, this isn't like it's the first time he's tweeted out classified information. Sheesh, move on already. 

Yeah, get over it already. He's draining the swamp and gettin stuff done. Lots of stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Just now, badmojo1006 said:

He can declassify what he wants, but I want to know why? Why this picture?

Whenever Trump denies something, that means he had something to do with it.

Just now, badmojo1006 said:

He can declassify what he wants, but I want to know why? Why this picture?

Things are not automatically declassified just by releasing them. It’s a process. This picture was and still is classified, and highly so.

1 minute ago, badmojo1006 said:

why? Why this picture?

But to answer this it was to mock the Iranians online. That’s it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:29 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Before a trip to Cuba in May, a former Cuban National talked to our group about the crap Bolton was up to in the Carter (!) administration.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

No time for golf

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Take this FWIW, but here in Florida, Trump's hurricane shtick seems to be falling on deaf ears if not outright pissing everyone off.  It's like he thinks the people here don't vote and if they do, don't have family in PR.  It's truly amazing.  Local news coverage has been somewhat muted on this specific topic as we focus on the actual storm the most, but there's been enough stupid #### come out of his mouth that the DNC could run probably a dozen different ads during the election reminding everyone how little he cares about the family members of the Florida residents living in PR and the PR citizens themselves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

We have the:

- Christian Standard Bible

- Modern English Version

- Tree of Life

- King James Bible

- Donald J. Trump Bible

I wonder which version Christians "follow." Ask them.

The Donald J Trump Bible has the passage from Luke 14:11 omitted 

“ Everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled and the one who humbles himself shall be exalted”

Not sure why this was done because like the Donald says “no one is humbler than me”

• Like 1

How are you guys enjoying the tax hike we all get today? Congress didn't even do it. So, only one person to blame for this one.

Oh, and how many are enjoying the tax cut... who here is in the 1%? :hey:

Edited by Mario Kart

One day after a baby got shot in the face by another mass murderer, and as a massive hurricane heads towards Florida, Trump is at his golf course tweeting about Debra Messing and his Apprentice ratings.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Been away most of the weekend, any talk of how Trump avoids being photographed with his "other" daughter? #BeBest indeed!

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, yak651 said:

Been away most of the weekend, any talk of how Trump avoids being photographed with his "other" daughter? #BeBest indeed!

Not much talk about that incident, but it's sad all around. Sad that Trump is a crappy father, sad that his personal assistant screwed up her career by talking about it, and sad that a reporter would narc on her.

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

Also always like that. 

I can remember back right after the election there was some podcast/YouTube thing somebody sent me.  It might have been Joe Rogan or some other armchair expert (and a guest) who were trying to spin Trump’s win.

IIRC, the general message was “hey, he seems like a clown but there is no way he would be where he is today if he didn’t know how to hire people.  It will all work out because he knows his limits and will surround himself with experts.”

Yeah

• Laughing 5

So, Pence is in Ireland and is meeting with the Prime Minister. Instead of staying in Dublin he is traveling from the opposite coast just so he can stay at a Trump property.

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Now imagine Hillary staying at a hotel owned by a Clinton Foundation donor...

Let's not. Right wing hand wringing is out of vogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

So, Pence is in Ireland and is meeting with the Prime Minister. Instead of staying in Dublin he is traveling from the opposite coast just so he can stay at a Trump property.

I wonder what former tea party members think of this unnecessary spending

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I wonder what former tea party members think of this unnecessary spending

Not a damn thing. They can't be expected to use actual valuable brain space on this issue,......there's only so much brainage we as humans have access to....

• Like 1