What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 
We're at the point where true patriots are rallying behind a draft dodger and denigrating a 4-star General. Unbelievable to me.

We're at the point where true patriots are rallying behind a draft dodger and denigrating a 4-star General. Unbelievable to me.
Again - I 100% get why folks want to defend the GOP/Conservatism/Religion, etc.  There's aspects of that that I still defend.  But I'll never get why THIS GUY.  It's beyond cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I know no one will believe me but I consider myself fairly objective - I've voted R for President in basically every election but the last one - the guy seems to be running the party and the GOP in to the ground for years to come.  At some point you'd have to think that his supporters have to question whether all of this is worth it.

The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 
If you (and I mean the general "you") take a step back history is riddled with examples of this.  Its a very old story and behavior.  Now throw in the rapid, immediate response and opinion propping of social media and you get this. Its no mystery.  Its a cult of personality in the social media age.  Nothing else matters, but protecting The Leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking  of Austin Powers...Trump seems to resemble the image Dr Evil paints of his father.

“My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.“

Ok so he doesn't drink...
:lmao:  

"There is this thing called a question mark. Nobody had ever heard of it before. The fake news media will not tell you about it."

whoknew said:
Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...

....His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!
Wait, is this real??

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.”

— Robert Hendrickson, Rector at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Tucson, Arizona.

I shouldn’t be surprised. But I genuinely am. I seriously thought you just made it up as your guess to what he might say.

Amazing. 

He followed it up an hour ago (also real) - 

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!

He followed it up an hour ago (also real) - 

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!
Well, maybe this will cost him a significant chunk of the military vote. 

I remember thinking his staffing of mattis was one of his best decisions bc it’s hard to not at least respect the guy. Now that Trump is attacking him maybe it’ll have real impact. 

I remember thinking his staffing of mattis was one of his best decisions bc it’s hard to not at least respect the guy. Now that Trump is attacking him maybe it’ll have real impact. 
Mattis was praised nearly universally here as a great choice.

And now many of the Trump republicans have turned on him.

AAABatteries said:
And supported that same guy who said he never was a fan of a Vietnam veteran who was tortured in Vietnam for years and when offered an opportunity to be sent home said he wouldn’t unless all other US prisoners could go home with him. I quit trying to figure his supporters out several years ago.

This address has been and will be extra Chavez/Fidel-level rambling and long
A good recap of Trump's response in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder, plus the quote of the day from the presser:

https://twitter.com/AhmedBaba_/status/1268922256077533185

After calling George Floyd protestors "THUGS," unleashing brutality on peaceful protestors in DC, and sharing John Dowd's letters calling those same peaceful protestors "terrorists," Trump claims George Floyd would be happy with the #JobsReport that shows black unemployment rose.

A good recap of Trump's response in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder, plus the quote of the day from the presser:

After calling George Floyd protestors "THUGS," unleashing brutality on peaceful protestors in DC, and sharing John Dowd's letters calling those same peaceful protestors "terrorists," Trump claims George Floyd would be happy with the #JobsReport that shows black unemployment rose.
It's like he is intentionally drumming up hate.  He makes me want to set something on fire.  George Floyd would be happy he's dead because the president called everyone a terrorist and didn't do anything about what happened.  That's a mental folks...

That's burying the actual George Floyd quote:

"Hopefully, George is looking down right now in saying this is a great thing happening for our country. A great day for him, a great day for everybody."

Apparently its a great day for a dead person.  

I was talking about this with my son yesterday.  I do expect this to cost Trump votes from the military.

Trump has also recently insulted basically all the governors, so I expect some of them will provide lukewarm support, at best, approaching the election.  I also expect that a number of Republicans will come to the conclusion that four years of Trump got them a conservative Supreme Court, so they have little need to support him again (and might just stay home in November).  Bottom line, I expect Trump is going to get a major thumping in November.  The rest of the summer is lost due to ongoing Covid, protests, and at some point the Minneapolis trials.  Next to nothing will be achieved in the early fall (since little is being achieved now anyway).  I just don't see how anything could swing things back in Trump's favor ...having not achieved a majority of the vote four years ago.

Latest CNN poll shows 51% of registered voters nationwide back former Vice President Joe Biden, while 42% support President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential race.

That this isn't at least 60/40 says...Democrats need better candidates. 

Okay, it says a lot more than that. But it says that too.

Latest CNN poll shows 51% of registered voters nationwide back former Vice President Joe Biden, while 42% support President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential race.

That this isn't at least 60/40 says...Democrats need better candidates. 

Okay, it says a lot more than that. But it says that too.
I don't disagree with that sentiment but i'm not sure it's ever going to e 60/40 again...

That's burying the actual George Floyd quote:

"Hopefully, George is looking down right now in saying this is a great thing happening for our country. A great day for him, a great day for everybody."

Apparently its a great day for a dead person.  
eeeeeeeeessshhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread