What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 15m

John Bolton to ABC News:

"I don't think he's fit for office. I don't think he has the competence to carry out the job. There really isn't any guiding principle that I was able to discern other than what's good for Donald Trump's reelection."

"If he thought he could get a photo opportunity with Kim Jong Un at the demilitarized zone in Korea, there was considerable emphasis on the photo opportunity and the press reaction to it, and little or no emphasis on what such meetings did" for the U.S.

This can't be an accident, can it?

Facebook takes down Trump ads featuring symbol identical to one Nazis used for concentration camp prisoners

The ads featured an upside-down red triangle along with the words: "Dangerous MOBS of far-left groups are running through our streets and causing absolute mayhem. They are DESTROYING our cities and rioting — it's absolute madness." The ads called on supporters to stand by Mr. Trump's decision to designate Antifa — a loose collective of anti-fascist protest movements — as a terrorist organization.

According to the Holocaust Memorial Museum, the Nazis used an identical inverted triangle symbol for camp prisoners, with a color coding system. Red triangles, like those seen in the Trump ads, identified political prisoners, while Jewish political prisoners were classified by a yellow triangle beneath a red triangle. Different colored triangles were used for communists, homosexuals and other categories of prisoners.

The Washington Post first reported on the ads and their connection to Nazi symbolism.

"The Nazis used red triangles to identify their political victims in concentration camps," Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt wrote on Twitter. "Using it to attack political opponents is highly offensive. @POTUS' campaign needs to learn its history, as ignorance is no excuse for using Nazi-related symbols."

"The president is very much against kneeling in general."

- White House Press Secretary, Kayleigh McEnany.

++++++++

Don't even THINK about replying to this.
There are days when my knees and ankles have me very much anti kneeling so I think we need to have the candidates kneel and then see if they can get back up.   Maybe as part of a presidential combine.  

There are days when my knees and ankles have me very much anti kneeling so I think we need to have the candidates kneel and then see if they can get back up.   Maybe as part of a presidential combine.  
One knee surgery, so my opinion on kneeling flip-flops depending on which knee we're discussing.  Might as well call me John Kerry.

Saw my first "rally" of this cycle on the side of the road..large intersection in my area.  Question:  There's plenty to attack Biden over.  Why do they insist on picking the areas where Trump is actually worse than Biden or (at best) in the same boat as Biden?  That makes absolutely no sense :lmao:  

They were in the middle of setting up all their flags, banners etc and an absolute deluge came out of the sky, so I had that going for me which was nice.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 15m

John Bolton to ABC News:

"I don't think he's fit for office. I don't think he has the competence to carry out the job. There really isn't any guiding principle that I was able to discern other than what's good for Donald Trump's reelection."

"If he thought he could get a photo opportunity with Kim Jong Un at the demilitarized zone in Korea, there was considerable emphasis on the photo opportunity and the press reaction to it, and little or no emphasis on what such meetings did" for the U.S.
It’s so frustrating to hear Bolton day this #### now. We just went through a ####### impeachment trial. Why didn’t you speak up then?

It’s so frustrating to hear Bolton day this #### now. We just went through a ####### impeachment trial. Why didn’t you speak up then?
Yep, does someone like Bolton really need the money from book sales? I would think I would prefer having the legacy of doing the right thing for the country instead of having another $500k in the bank, but maybe I would think differently if I was in that position 

John Bolton putting Don on blast tonight on a one hour ABC interview.

This combined with his C Lister type attendance  numbers in Tulsa will make for some epic dump tweeting tomorrow AM.

This combined with his C Lister type attendance  numbers in Tulsa will make for some epic dump tweeting tomorrow AM.
He has been oddly quiet on Twitter today, one tweet about father's day 8 hours ago, and the other, last hour, about how "The Democrat House wants to pass a Bill this week that will destroy our police."  Looks like he hasn't yet gotten over the public humiliation of that poorly attended rally.

Bolton having to explain to Trump the most basic things over and over and over again (with nothing sinking in) reminded me of that Simpson's episode where the family enters the Witness Relocation Program and the FBI agents try to get Homer to remember his new name.

https://youtu.be/Q7K5LSsJN90?t=59

Trump on Twitter (paraphrasing):

If you can riot in person you can vote in person!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275128932510113792
The CEO doesn't seem to understand that it's commoners like us that do the complainin' and leaders like him that do the fixin'.  Identify the problems with mail-in voting (to the extent any exist) and address them.

That'd be a great line of attack for Biden in the debates.  "And what have you done to the fix the problem?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The CEO doesn't seem to understand that it's commoners like us that do the complainin' and leaders like him that do the fixin'.  Identify the problems with mail-in voting (to the extent any exist) and address them.

That'd be a great line of attack for Biden in the debates.  "And what have you done to the fix the problem?"
Or if it’s so unsafe then why do he and so many of his team vote by mail?

Apparently (unconfirmed), Pence and Mother voted by mail in the last Indiana election, listing the Indiana governor's mansion as their home address.

Trump when asked what "compassion" things he's done, beyond solely law and order: "Well, let me tell you. You have George Floyd, but you also have 14 people killed this weekend in Chicago. So you gotta balance 'em out. You gotta say, wait a minute. We need law and order."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1275209539680436231?s=21
So to steal a line from those on the right -

What have you done Mr President to help with Chicago?  You have had three and half years?

So to steal a line from those on the right -

What have you done Mr President to help with Chicago?  You have had three and half years?
you know the answer to that - he has been the best president ever in terms of the blacks.  Many people are saying this.  People even think he has done more than Abraham Lincoln (I like to call him Honest Abe).  Trump has totally turned around the Obama economy, just look at what he has done with the Nasdaq.  Can you imagine how many more shootings there would be if it wasn't for the Stonks? 

you know the answer to that - he has been the best president ever in terms of the blacks.  Many people are saying this.  People even think he has done more than Abraham Lincoln (I like to call him Honest Abe).  Trump has totally turned around the Obama economy, just look at what he has done with the Nasdaq.  Can you imagine how many more shootings there would be if it wasn't for the Stonks? 
I think he's pretty much out there as being President of the white folks of the red states of the US.  He cant be bothered by blue states with Dem governors. Not. his. problem.

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

“The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March...but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.”
SAD - but those that parrot the talking points that Trump is for the military, strong, alpha never have anything to say when it's shown the POTUS has no desire to actually protect our troops besides an occasional tweet showing his support.  How many times does he have to put them in danger or not sanction countries that betray us before they get it that this guy doesn't have the US best interest at heart?

SAD - but those that parrot the talking points that Trump is for the military, strong, alpha never have anything to say when it's shown the POTUS has no desire to actually protect our troops besides an occasional tweet showing his support.  How many times does he have to put them in danger or not sanction countries that betray us before they get it that this guy doesn't have the US best interest at heart?
You mean the man who dodged the draft has no respect for the military? The same guy who joked he always wanted a Purple Heart? That guy?

Now try to imagine the level of outrage from the right if Obama had known about bounties on U.S. soldiers and had done nothing about it.

Fox's "anti-Obama military expert talking head rolodex" would have melted from overuse.

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

“The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March...but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.”
Any moment now... the President will defend his nation. Any moment now.

In actuality" Trump tried to take the G7 to take Putin back, sought to invite him to a special confab in Washington DC, and he withdrew troops from Germany since learning of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread