Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

1 hour ago, Don Quixote said:

Threatening to fire NOAA officials now...

This in itself is an impeachable offense. How can anyone defend this?

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

How can anyone defend this?

In 3...2...1....

Trump was just asked if we would take any refugees from the Bahamas. He said we need to be really careful because there are some "really bad people in the Bahamas, drug dealers, criminals. So we will be very careful about this."

But of course, there will be people here who will read that and see nothing wrong, and will deny once again that he is in any way racist...

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

All in all it's just another.... 

34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Meh - weathermen (and women) = they never get the weather right anyway.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's acting chief scientist said that he would investigate why the agency backed President Donald Trump's claims about Hurricane Dorian hitting Alabama over its own forecasters.

In an internal email obtained by NBC News, NOAA's Craig McLean wrote Sunday that an unsigned Friday statement issued by the agency in defense of Trump "inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the [National Weather Service] forecaster." The Friday statement referred to a tweet from National Weather Service's Birmingham, Alabama office last weekend rebutting the president, who had claimed earlier in the day that Alabama was in the path of the storm.

"My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political," McLean wrote. "Our NOAA Scientific Integrity Policy and Code of Scientific Conduct make clear that all NOAA employees shall approach all scientific activities with honesty, objectively, and completely, without allegiance to individuals, organizations, or ideology."

He called the content of the release "very concerning as it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety."

"If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster's warnings and products, that specific danger arises," he continued. "You know that the value of our science is in the complexity of our understanding, our ability to convey that understanding to a wide audience of users of this information, and to establish and sustain the public trust in the truth and legitimacy of that information. Unfortunately, the press release of last Friday violated this trust and violated NOAA's policies of scientific integrity."

McLean said he is "pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity," adding, "I have a responsibility to pursue these truths."

• Like 1

So he is undermining the press, the intelligence agencies, NOAA...

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So he is undermining the press, the intelligence agencies, NOAA...

Ok.....what's effing new here? Sick and tired of this admin. Sick and tired of this incompetent president. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Ok.....what's effing new here? Sick and tired of this admin. Sick and tired of this incompetent president. 

And he keeps talking about extending his term, there is Republicans talking about his family becoming a dynasty.  If this is what 94% of Republicans want,  I wish they would all go away and form their own country. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

And he's going to a rally tonight. Sold out. They're going to cheer the guy on; they love him. At least one guy in this forum is going, and others are congratulating him for it.

Maybe they love how he warned today that refugees from the Bahamas could be drug dealers. Or maybe they appreciate it when he says that any vote for a Democrat is a "vote for Open Borders." I don't know. I only know that I'm with you, it makes me absolutely sick. I don't understand my fellow Americans.

Whether Trump leaves in January of 2020, or God forbid 2024, a part of me can't wait to see him kicking and screaming as he goes. The thing to fear is what he will do during the November election, assuming 2020, and the day of the new President getting sworn in. Those two months... watch TF out.

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's acting chief scientist said that he would investigate why the agency backed President Donald Trump's claims about Hurricane Dorian hitting Alabama over its own forecasters.

In an internal email obtained by NBC News, NOAA's Craig McLean wrote Sunday that an unsigned Friday statement issued by the agency in defense of Trump "inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the [National Weather Service] forecaster." The Friday statement referred to a tweet from National Weather Service's Birmingham, Alabama office last weekend rebutting the president, who had claimed earlier in the day that Alabama was in the path of the storm.

"My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political," McLean wrote. "Our NOAA Scientific Integrity Policy and Code of Scientific Conduct make clear that all NOAA employees shall approach all scientific activities with honesty, objectively, and completely, without allegiance to individuals, organizations, or ideology."

He called the content of the release "very concerning as it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety."

"If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster's warnings and products, that specific danger arises," he continued. "You know that the value of our science is in the complexity of our understanding, our ability to convey that understanding to a wide audience of users of this information, and to establish and sustain the public trust in the truth and legitimacy of that information. Unfortunately, the press release of last Friday violated this trust and violated NOAA's policies of scientific integrity."

McLean said he is "pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity," adding, "I have a responsibility to pursue these truths."

#FAKEWEATHER  of course no one cares anymore...

Edited by yak651
spelling

From NYT article:

A senior administration official who asked not to be identified when discussing internal deliberations said that the Birmingham office had been wrong and that NOAA had simply done the responsible thing and corrected the record.

That official suggested the Twitter post by the Birmingham forecasters had been motivated by a desire to embarrass the president more than concern for the safety of people in Alabama. The official provided no evidence to support that conclusion.

:lmao:

Maybe the twitter post by the Birmingham forecasters was a reminder that the people in Alabama were not in danger...

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Politicizing weather. Sad. What’s next?

When he says #### like this I just want to say #### you, you lying cheating racist conman. 

"Tomorrow is your chance to send a clear message to the America-hating left."

A president who is only president to  few is an enemy to the rest.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

It's not that.  It's the  head of the Department of Commerce pressuring it's department to not speak obvious truth but rather to alter it's official statement to pacify the president.

Politicing weather?  Sure, ha ha no biggie.  However, this is the same department that publishes GDP reports, jobs report, the census.  Knowing what we know now, how do we trust anything from Washington?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mile High said:

And he keeps talking about extending his term, there is Republicans talking about his family becoming a dynasty.  If this is what 94% of Republicans want,  I wish they would all go away and form their own country. 

He's going to use the non-existent voter fraud to either:

A) Try to postpone the 2020 elections; or

B) Contest the results if he loses.

Trump's wall is officially a flop: Even Fox News now calls his big campaign promise a mistake

Additionally, the number of people supporting more immigration has grown from 21% to a record-high of 30% since Trump took office. Again, this includes Republican voters, who have gone from 11% in favor of increasing immigration in 2016 to 16% in favor in 2019. 

2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

More like politicizing emergency response and public safety. 

Edited by bigbottom

5 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Are the Bahamas known for having a huge gang/criminal element?

I honestly think he saw images of the people of color in the Bahamas and therefore trotted out his "drug dealers and criminal" language.  

And now Trump - with multiple divorces, adultery, crude language, and general disrespect for many people and the planet - is stating that the Democrats are "not big believers in religion."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tri-man 47 said:

And now Trump - with multiple divorces, adultery, crude language, and general disrespect for many people and the planet - is stating that the Democrats are "not big believers in religion."

It’s true. He heard it directly from two Corinthians. 

https://youtu.be/-PX2SicPw1A

• Laughing 1

6 hours ago, Mile High said:

They could call it Ameristan

5 hours ago, moleculo said:

It's not that.  It's the  head of the Department of Commerce pressuring it's department to not speak obvious truth but rather to alter it's official statement to pacify the president.

Politicing weather?  Sure, ha ha no biggie.  However, this is the same department that publishes GDP reports, jobs report, the census.  Knowing what we know now, how do we trust anything from Washington?

Didn't someone say, "Don't believe what you see, believe what I say"?

@mtracey

To repeat: Trump's efforts to end the war in Afghanistan provoked more media anger than the war in Afghanistan itself, which has now been going on for 18 years and continues to generate both US and Afghan casualties. Really a sick state of affairs

• Thinking 1

11 hours ago, timschochet said:

And he's going to a rally tonight. Sold out. They're going to cheer the guy on; they love him. At least one guy in this forum is going, and others are congratulating him for it.

Maybe they love how he warned today that refugees from the Bahamas could be drug dealers. Or maybe they appreciate it when he says that any vote for a Democrat is a "vote for Open Borders." I don't know. I only know that I'm with you, it makes me absolutely sick. I don't understand my fellow Americans.

Yeah - while I care, I can’t say what I really think or I’ll get reported again. I’ve stopped paying close attention -  I’m waiting 13 more months and then will vote against him and hopefully he’ll lose.  

Hopefully we won’t have a daily circus at that point but the damage will have been done.  I won’t vote Republican ever again for anything.  I’ll encourage my children to do the same.  I’ll remind people they were hoodwinked and for some that’s a decent excuse to have voted for him the first time.  For those who choose to do so again I will never look at those people the same way again.  I won’t trust them to ever do the right thing in the future.  Some people around here like to say what has Trump done that has directly affected you and that would be my answer - his legacy to me is that he’s made me not trust and to disrespect people I’m close to, people I love, people I work with - all because they voted for someone so incompetent and immoral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, whoknew said:

He's going to use the non-existent voter fraud to either:

A) Try to postpone the 2020 elections; or

B) Contest the results if he loses.

Will be fun to watch him use the GOP fraud in NC to justify no confidence in the election process.  Only Trump would try something that dumb and only Trump supporters would cheer him on thinking it's a good idea.

2 hours ago, The Commish said:

Will be fun to watch him use the GOP fraud in NC to justify no confidence in the election process.  Only Trump would try something that dumb and only Trump supporters would cheer him on thinking it's a good idea.

It’s not that hard when you have no shame. In his rally last night (mind you, related to a special election needed due to Republican voter fraud), he spent time repeating the lie about millions of “illegals” voting in California. Of course his followers ate it all up as gospel. 

John Bolton the latest to be fired resigned.

ETA

Trump "His services are no longer needed."  :mellow:

Edited by Sheriff Bart

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

John Bolton the latest to be fired.

That kind of came out of nowhere. 

So ... its a weird feeling. I'm glad Bolton was fired. But terrified to see who he will appoint next.

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

That kind of came out of nowhere. 

So ... its a weird feeling. I'm glad Bolton was fired. But terrified to see who he will appoint next.

Same here

The White House is just a temp agency.

Bolton's twitter - 

"I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, "Let's talk about it tomorrow.""

:lmao: if the next Bolton heard was Trump's tweet.

• Laughing 3

John Bolton being out of government is unequivocally a good thing. Anyone he appoints next will be better by default.

• Like 2

Guys.  It takes some trial-and-error to find only the best people.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Yo Mama said:

It’s not that hard when you have no shame. In his rally last night (mind you, related to a special election needed due to Republican voter fraud), he spent time repeating the lie about millions of “illegals” voting in California. Of course his followers ate it all up as gospel. 

I need a link to that speech please :lmao: 

In all fairness, it has been a while.

28 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Flynn

McMaster

Bolton

?????????

- 4th National Security Advisor.

Mr. Snrub

Edited by Sheriff Bart

17 minutes ago, Murph said:

John Bolton being out of government is unequivocally a good thing. Anyone he appoints next will be better by default.

It's good that Bolton is gone, but I would not put it past Trump to somehow find someone worse.  I don't think it is entirely out of the question that someone like Stephen Miller, Seb Gorka, etc. comes in, and, gun to my head on the two, I guess I'd rather take a sidelined John Bolton over that.

Edited by Don Quixote

I predict Trump will hire himself. 

“Who better to advise me than me?”

Edited by timschochet

13 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

It's good that Bolton is gone, but I would not put it past Trump to somehow find someone worse.  I don't think it is entirely out of the question that someone like Stephen Miller, Seb Gorka, etc. comes in, and, gun to my head on the two, I guess I'd rather take a sidelined John Bolton over that.

Tom Cotton? Yikes!

Edit to say pure speculation on my part. Might be more dangerous than Bolton. 

This thing feels like its coming apart at the seams. Pompeo the rapture enthusiast appears to have the reigns right now. 

Edited by Jackstraw
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Murph said:

Not necessarily. His next move is either someone wildly unqualified who will do whatever he’s told or someone qualified but extremely corrupt and power hungry (see AG Barr). Bolton would fall under category two and it’s a good thing he’s gone but Trump might find someone worse or extremely incompetent and leave decisions up to Trump.

7 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Pompeo the rapture enthusiast appears to have the reigns right now. 

@MSNBC pundits speculate he could head off to run for Senate in Kansas. If he was smart and wants a future he should start running today by resigning as well. The Administration is toxic.

Well I guess that leaves Trump the ability to have the Taliban come over at camp David on :checks calendar:   SEPTEMBER 11TH