What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first post and this are not indicative of someone who want an honest or earnest discussion.
What was wrong with my first post? Suggesting that the young kids ruined the election for the Democrats?

The second post was unhinged. But the first was fine. BE BETTER.

Breezy H2O said:
Trump's going to win in a landslide. The young people ruined it for the Democrats. Every weekend Democrat run cities are letting young people destroy private property and battle against the police.

It's amazing. It almost seems intentional. The National Guard are going to have a lot of fun once Trump gets reelected.

A 2nd term President with nothing to lose is not a bear I would be poking. Yet here we are...
@sho nuff

Come on Sho Nuff. If you're going to run your mouth. WHAT about this post isn't fostering earnest and honest discussion?

Because I shared an opinion about how the destruction of cities by young liberals isn't helping the Democrats chances?

If you're going to run your mouth, please back it up. Because you're being completely ignorant saying this post wasn't earnest and honest discussion.

WHAT ABOUT THIS POST ISN'T EARNEST OR HONEST?

@sho nuff

Come on Sho Nuff. If you're going to run your mouth. WHAT about this post isn't fostering earnest and honest discussion?

Because I shared an opinion about how the destruction of cities by young liberals isn't helping the Democrats chances?

If you're going to run your mouth, please back it up. Because you're being completely ignorant saying this post wasn't earnest and honest discussion.

WHAT ABOUT THIS POST ISN'T EARNEST OR HONEST?
Posts like this are proving my point.

Posts like this are proving my point.
No, you're proving my point. You attacked my original post. When asked for what was wrong with my FIRST POST you ignore it.

You kicked my sand castle down and are acting like the victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you're proving my point. You attacked my original post. When asked for what was wrong with my FIRST POST you ignore it.

You kicked my sand castle down and are acting like the victim.
I didn’t really attack.  Nor am I acting like any victim.  Others have already gone over the number of things wrong with your post.

Have a nice night

Breezy H2O said:
Trump's going to win in a landslide. The young people ruined it for the Democrats. Every weekend Democrat run cities are letting young people destroy private property and battle against the police.

It's amazing. It almost seems intentional. The National Guard are going to have a lot of fun once Trump gets reelected.

A 2nd term President with nothing to lose is not a bear I would be poking. Yet here we are...
I'm going to ask you again @sho nuff. What was not earnest and honest about this post?

I didn’t really attack.  Nor am I acting like any victim.  Others have already gone over the number of things wrong with your post.

Have a nice night
Others isn't you. You insulted me directly saying my first post wants earnest or honest. You owe me an explanation for YOUR WORDS. When I ask for you for an explanation, you keep referring to other people and posts.

MAN UP AND BE ACCOUNTABLE

If you're not going to explain your inflammatory comments you make to others. Keep your ### on the sidelines. 

It's as easy as saying, "my bad" or "I made a mistake". Hell, I can even rationalize you were being intellectually dishonest and making fun of my opinion.

But you dancing around what you said to me and pretending like you're clueless disgusts me. You seem to know EXACTLY what is going on in every other situation @sho nuff. You're a smart guy.

But suddenly you don't know what's going on!!! Even though I quoted my original post multiple times asking specifically what YOU thought wasn't earnest or honest about it.

If you're going to question the integrity of somebody's opinion, you owe them an explanation.

Well, you don't owe anyone anything but it makes someone a coward in my book.

Imagine if I randomly questioned your intent and integrity @sho nuff. Then I decided that you aren't worth an explanation or apology.

How would you feel about me? Golden rule, pal.

A preview of my new ignore list addition.
Good posting. I think i might add him to my ignore list too. Where can I find that feature? Link?

Unbelievable for somebody to question your integrity and then not offer an explanation. Maybe I expect too much from internet strangers?

FFToday down?
Am I wrong for asking Sho Nuff why he thought one of my posts was NOT honest or earnest? When somebody suggests you're not being honest, they should be able to easily explain that, right?

I strive to always be a better person, so when someone gives me such HARSH criticism essentially calling me a liar.

Am I not entitled to an explanation? And if no explanation is given, doesn't that just make Sho Nuff a guy who runs around calling people liars... "but doesn't want to talk about it". That's literally TROLLING.

I mean, if this guy is autistic or something I'll give him a pass. But you can't criticize somebody then wilt when they ask you about the criticism.

I'm just now realizing I'm being trolled by Sho Nuff. Have a good night. Shouldn't have wasted my time on a guy who was just playing games the whole time...

So anyway, the matrix has moved on to the movie minority report. Wake me up when we get to “revenge of the nerds.”  For a minute I thought there was a “weekend at Bernie’s” storyline playing out in North Korea. Feel like all we’re missing is 12 monkey posters everywhere. 

Grifters gonna grift...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/07/21/how-donald-trump-moved-millions-from-his-campaign-donors-to-his-private-business/

Consider the payments to Trump National Doral, the president’s golf resort in Miami. In 2017, Trump’s first year leading the country, revenues at Doral dropped from $88 million to $75 million, dragging profits (measured as earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) down from $12.4 million to just $4.3 million. The next year, the RNC, which had spent just $3,000 at the property in 2017, upped its expenditures to $603,000. That helped give a slight boost to the business, which recorded 2018 profits of $9.7 million, according to a spokesperson for the Trump Organization. 

Two years later, the RNC is now a well-established customer at the resort, having spent $255,000 there in 2019 and another $510,000 in January. The latter payments provided a nice jolt to the place shortly before the coronavirus crisis shut it down. In total, Doral has done $1.4 million worth of business with the RNC since Trump took office.

Do you honestly think it's an odd thing for him to say?  He turns right on video and then tells everyone he didn't 2 minutes later even when showed the video
Many times when he interjects these things it is for a reason to get people to argue semantics for him, distract, etc. 

This seemed like it is completely made up with zero weight but I don't follow Chicago that closely.

Many times when he interjects these things it is for a reason to get people to argue semantics for him, distract, etc. 

This seemed like it is completely made up with zero weight but I don't follow Chicago that closely.
I mean it might be true.

Chances are slim though.  You might also win the lottery tonight

It's the perfect trump dig...blame it on obama and then make it look like he is fixing it

So anyway, the matrix has moved on to the movie minority report. Wake me up when we get to “revenge of the nerds.”  For a minute I thought there was a “weekend at Bernie’s” storyline playing out in North Korea. Feel like all we’re missing is 12 monkey posters everywhere. 
Honestly, i just got done watching the TV series for the second time.  I love this show much.  So good.

Honestly, i just got done watching the TV series for the second time.  I love this show much.  So good.
I absolutely loved that movie (always appreciate a good mind####) but have never seen the TV show, mostly because I have young kids and my list of “want to watch” shows is a mile long. Sounds like you’re saying this is worth it? Is it similar to the movie or a totally different riff?

I absolutely loved that movie (always appreciate a good mind####) but have never seen the TV show, mostly because I have young kids and my list of “want to watch” shows is a mile long. Sounds like you’re saying this is worth it? Is it similar to the movie or a totally different riff?
I'm not going to lie - I think it's my favorite TV series of all time.  It's the same general premise as the TV show but goes much more in depth into the 12 Monkeys cult but more importantly, the nature of time itself, especially paradoxes inherent to time travel.  Season 1 is a little slow in that it is really just an extension of the movie with teasers about the  12 Monkeys cult.  Season 2 goes into that with a little more depth.  Season 3 and 4 are exclusively about the 12 Monkeys but man, it's a crazy ride.  if you care about ratings, rotten tomatoes gave seasons 3 & 4 100% scores.  And the final episode is probably the best series finale I've ever seen - lots of call nostalgic backs, high drama, ties up all loose ends, and gives the whole show a proper closure.

Trump has boasted more about his cognitive test results than Obama ever boasted about his Nobel.
Just watched a snippet from that part of interview.

Person woman man camera tv  :unsure:

Damn, dude was rambling...

Idk....I honestly feel like that bleach comment months ago defeated his spirit. He then subsequently shut down those evening press conferences and kind of went into hiding for a while, with very brief appearances. I really feel like he has no ideas to curtail this virus, and he's kind of accepted defeat at this point. Just watching him, listening to him, my gut tells me he has no fight left.

Just watched a snippet from that part of interview.

Person woman man camera tv  :unsure:

Damn, dude was rambling...

Idk....I honestly feel like that bleach comment months ago defeated his spirit. He then subsequently shut down those evening press conferences and kind of went into hiding for a while, with very brief appearances. I really feel like he has no ideas to curtail this virus, and he's kind of accepted defeat at this point. Just watching him, listening to him, my gut tells me he has no fight left.
If he keeps tanking to the point where he knows he can't win, I can see him quitting and leaving Pence and the GOP to clean up the mess. It would fit right in with his bankruptcy friendly personality.

If he keeps tanking to the point where he knows he can't win, I can see him quitting and leaving Pence and the GOP to clean up the mess. It would fit right in with his bankruptcy friendly personality.
I'm sure many Republicans would like to see this happen.  But switching gears and switching support to a new candidate would be difficult at this juncture.  And I can't see Trump creating a legacy where he just walked away.  The talk about a Trump dynasty with/for his children?  That'd all be gone if he tucked tail and ran.  Who knows, also, what happens to his impassioned base if the comparatively meek and mild Pence stepped in.  

I'm sure many Republicans would like to see this happen.  But switching gears and switching support to a new candidate would be difficult at this juncture.  And I can't see Trump creating a legacy where he just walked away.  The talk about a Trump dynasty with/for his children?  That'd all be gone if he tucked tail and ran.  Who knows, also, what happens to his impassioned base if the comparatively meek and mild Pence stepped in.  
I'm only talking if it's an obvious result. Otherwise what you said would be his pathway. But his base is really only as strong as he is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread