Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

From Twitter - Trump liked that Robert O'Brien was effusive in his praise. Speaking to reporters on AF1 yesterday, Trump said: "Robert O'Brien said, 'Trump is the greatest hostage negotiator in history.' He happens to be right." He named him national security adviser a day later.

--

He's so easily manipulated. 

• Laughing 1

41 minutes ago, whoknew said:

From Twitter - Trump liked that Robert O'Brien was effusive in his praise. Speaking to reporters on AF1 yesterday, Trump said: "Robert O'Brien said, 'Trump is the greatest hostage negotiator in history.' He happens to be right." He named him national security adviser a day later.

--

"I will work long & hard with Robert. He will do a great job!" Trump tweeted

NTTAWWT

• Laughing 1

It is impressive to see mass brainwashing up close and personal.  No behavior in human history leaves me in disbelief anymore.  

It's brainwashing in plain sight.  Basic stuff.  Fox/Republicans/Trump can tell their cult one thing on Tuesday and the opposite thing on Thursday.  On top of it tell you whoever would believe what they told you on Tuesday is the devil.

Scary to think what can be done or is being done with sophisticated methods to all of us.

Edited by Daywalker
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, whoknew said:

--

The western world was calling for the banishment of MBS, not the WR, from the world stage less than a year ago for cutting up that journalist.  Now he probably has more power over the U.S. military then everyone other than Trump.  

Anyone think M. Mcconnell has more sway over Trump than MBS?  Not hyperbole here.  Serious.

Edited by Daywalker

On 9/16/2019 at 9:59 PM, whoknew said:

Mercifully, I only witnessed about 15 minutes of his “testimony “. What a horror show. I’ve seen supporters in other threads praise what he did. I shouldn’t be, but I’m flabbergasted. The guy needs to be paddled not praised. 

• Like 1

Shocking that Fox news hasn't called the President out for yet another security gaffe...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/trump-visits-border-wall-construction-1502257

“One thing we haven’t mentioned is technology,” Trump said. “They’re wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.” He then offered the floor to Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, acting head of the Army Corps, who quickly answered: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

Why a PAC isn't running commercials with the sound bites of these experts basically showing how inept the President is, is beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yak651 said:

Why a PAC isn't running commercials with the sound bites of these experts basically showing how inept the President is, is beyond me.

Probably waiting for next year, August-November. Might package it up as "greatest hits" infomercial.

1 hour ago, yak651 said:

I think we'll see a montage of his greatest hits during the general election. I have to believe someone has been collecting these things to use at the right moment.

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

The only problem will be an overwhelming amount of material.

The "Greatest Hits" collection will rival Slim Whitman's.

4 hours ago, yak651 said:

Shocking that Fox news hasn't called the President out for yet another security gaffe...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/18/trump-visits-border-wall-construction-1502257

“One thing we haven’t mentioned is technology,” Trump said. “They’re wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.” He then offered the floor to Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, acting head of the Army Corps, who quickly answered: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

I wonder if Trump understands that sort of language.  I understand the Lt. Gen. trying to be respectful,  but I honestly think any language above the level of "Don't talk about that." goes over his head.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, yak651 said:

Now Mexican Scientists know EXACTLY what goes into our walls....so they're going to be able to reverse engineer them and figure out a weakness.  Thanks Trump. 

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

Now Mexican Scientists know EXACTLY what goes into our walls....so they're going to be able to reverse engineer them and figure out a weakness.  Thanks Trump. 

Only seems right, since they paid for it and all.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

59 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Only seems right, since they paid for it and all.

At least Trump did not have the wall built in China - where they would have demanded the IP as a condition for building the wall.

I give Trump credit for that one.

26 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

At least Trump did not have the wall built in China - where they would have demanded the IP as a condition for building the wall.

I give Trump credit for that one.

He would have but with the tariffs Mexico was cheaper

On 9/19/2019 at 7:19 AM, yak651 said:

I'm still not sure he understood what the general as talking about. This is about Trump's complete incapacity to understand what is classified and what is not, but it's also part of a broader defect in the man that he does not understand what is appropriate, what is legal, what is ethical, or even the bounds of his power. The man sees no restrictions in his office or behavior.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Hill

Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao: "No state has the authority to opt out of the nation's rules and no state has the right to impose its policies on everybody else in our whole country." http://hill.cm/Hh6WAHN

AltFDA

@alt_fda

So all those states that rejected the ACA were wrong then?

23 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

AltFDA

@alt_fda

“That’s different “

If Trump did make that offer to the Ukraine over the phone they would then have a lot of blackmail material.  Another reason a whistleblower might feel the need to speak up.

4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

The Hill

Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao: "No state has the authority to opt out of the nation's rules and no state has the right to impose its policies on everybody else in our whole country." http://hill.cm/Hh6WAHN

AltFDA

@alt_fda

"That was for the good of the country."

OK I just saw President Trump’s phone call with Ukraine. Haven’t heard it but I saw it. Really bright colors. Have to agree with Trump that it was beautiful. 

11 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Trump to back out of climate summit, will hold session on religious persecution instead

It's the perfect metaphor for the Trump presidency: create a distraction by pandering to your base.

Putting aside how terrible it is that our President is skipping the climate summit (again), it is also really awful that a man who would publicly call for a ban on all Muslims to come to this country would ever dare to host a discussion about religious persecution. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

I remember at the beginning of the administration there was a typically weird story about Trump firing the White House 'makeup' staff. Basically we the American people hire people to make the President look good on tv and at public appearances. But Trump was having none of that.

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I remember at the beginning of the administration there was a typically weird story about Trump firing the White House 'makeup' staff. Basically we the American people hire people to make the President look good on tv and at public appearances. But Trump was having none of that.

His outside matches his inside.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:59 AM, Joe Summer said:

Trump to back out of climate summit, will hold session on religious persecution instead

It's the perfect metaphor for the Trump presidency: create a distraction by pandering to your base.

‘Forget man made climate change, we got a bona fide War on Christmas we need to win!”

Edited by Grace Under Pressure
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

‘Forget man made climate change, we got a bona fide War on Christmas we need to win!”

I’m not sure what the new design is, but I’m protesting the new Starbucks cups regardless

:lmao:

"I think I'm going to get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they gave it out fairly, which they don't" -- President Trump at UNGA.

• Laughing 5

25 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

"I think I'm going to get a Nobel Prize for a lot of things, if they gave it out fairly, which they don't" -- President Trump at UNGA.

I can see it now:

"And, this year's Nobel prize for creative criminal activity goes to.....Donald J. Trump!"

"And this year's Nobel prize for arrogant stupidity goes to...Donald J. Trump!"

"And this year's Nobel prize for prevarication goes to...oh, my gosh...Donald J. Trump has completed the Triple Crown!"

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

21 hours ago, Biff84 said:

At what point does everyone realize that it’s not a coincidence and these are the type of people that they seek out?

Trump supporters? Never. Everyone else? About 4 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, Apple Jack said:

Pence using a motorcade on Mackinac Island. :lmao: 

:lmao::cry:

How tough is it to secure a small island where only 450 people live?  Ridiculous.  His security people could easily walk alongside a horse-drawn carriage, and he wouldn't have traveled more than a mile.

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

I can see it now:

"And, this year's Nobel prize for creative criminal activity goes to.....Donald J. Trump!"

"And this year's Nobel prize for arrogant stupidity goes to...Donald J. Trump!"

"And this year's Nobel prize for prevarication goes to...oh, my gosh...Donald J. Trump has completed the Triple Crown!"

And the Nobel Prize for Physics goes to.... Donald Trump's hair, for defying all laws of physics.

3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Typical spoiled brat behavior from someone that has been handed everything in life.  His constant whining is unbearable.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Add it to the can't tell if this is the Onion or not heap.

• Like 2