Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

It feels like a bit of a small roll of events building against Trump recently - Netanyahu's loss, the UK Supreme Court decision, the slew of Republicans standing down rather that run for reelection, the build towards impeachment and Trump getting red handed with Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It feels like a bit of a small roll of events building against Trump recently - Netanyahu's loss, the UK Supreme Court decision, the slew of Republicans standing down rather that run for reelection, the build towards impeachment and Trump getting red handed with Ukraine.

Yup, and we're still more than a year away from the election.  The dream is that by this time next year Trump will be a huge drag on the entire GOP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

:mellow:

Trump at the UN:

"Wise leaders always put the good of their own people and their own country first."

From twitter - 

Trump’s #UNGA speech, so far, is a full-throated embrace of nationalism and sovereignty

"The future does not belong to globalists." - Trump at the UNGA

19 minutes ago, whoknew said:

From twitter - 

Trump’s #UNGA speech, so far, is a full-throated embrace of nationalism and sovereignty

Yeah - it really does.

Eventually people will figure out that we are all the same, and in the same boat - so to speak.  Globalization is inevitable.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Very monotone, almost inebriated, speech. As though Trump is medicated. 

Easily the best delivered speech in his political career. 

I am not watching - but, by the comments, it sounds like a campaign speech/rally.

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am not watching - but, by the comments, it sounds like a campaign speech/rally.

That's all he knows how to do.  That was established in his first SOTU.  Remember how painfully bad that was?  It hasn't gotten better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Text was that way, but delivery was like it was done by a man who needs some sleep, and who is in need of glasses/contact lenses to read the text because of how far away the teleprompter was, but is too vain to wear them.

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump delivered his entire UN speech today reading very slowly, in a sing-song voice, from a teleprompter.

I am old enough to remember when people on this forum relentlessly mocked Obama for using a teleprompter.

So low energy 

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

From twitter - 

"Except when I need to brand various things, like my beautiful buildings and golf courses, all around the world. Then, and only then, is globalism o.k."

• Like 2
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Speaking of, here is Wilbur Ross sleeping during the speech:  https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1176515915036471296

I love the article:

President Donald Trump’s United Nations speech was a snooze — at least for Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.

The 81-year-old Ross took a nap — a very long nap — as his boss addressed the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday.

Television footage of Ross showed the wealthy businessman sleeping soundly as Trump talked about a possible trade deal with China — which is part of the Commerce chief’s portfolio — and the U.S. stance on Iran.

Ross had his eyes firmly closed for as long as 15 minutes, video suggested, as Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo gave the impression of listening intently to Trump.

At one point, however, Ross’s eyes opened. He still looked drowsy, though.

:lmao:

• Laughing 1

The GOP and Trump supporters remind me of Cobra/Cobra Commander and the Dreadnoks/Zartan.  They don't really like each other and don't trust each other.  But they know they have to work together to defeat the Joes, because deep down they both know they can't do it on their own.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, Tom Skerritt said:

Very monotone, almost inebriated, speech. As though Trump is medicated. 

Low energy, monotone, and rambling. 

Trump alleges with no evidence at all that it was "all planned" that this controversy would be happening while he was having success at the UN.

Hmm, perhaps the DOJ should have given the whistelblower report to congress within 6 days like the law states. The timing was determined by the Trump's administration, not the Dems.

• Like 1

Instead of addressing the question about his call to Zelensky, Trump is instead boasting again that he beat Hillary Clinton 306 to 223, though she got 232, though he has said 223 more than 25 times. He then talks about how Clinton didn't go to Wisconsin.

Did he mention that 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary to be their president and that the majority of the country hates him?

It's like hearing the greatest hits, except that they're all re-recordings from when the singer was on drugs.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Trump has ended the press conference.

:lmao:

don’t worry squistion I’m not laughing at you. This post made me actually laugh as I read it

Trump is a historic embarrassment for our country.

Just listen to him talk during this press conference.  How can ANYONE listen to the entire thing and not have serious concerns about the mental faculties of the speaker?

He sounds like a hungover frat boy who showed up to speech class knowing nothing about a topic he's talking about and just bull####s the entire time.  It's pathetic that this man is leading our country and representing us to the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Here are some excerpts:

"because this way it takes away from these tremendous achievements that we're taking care of doing, that we're involved in..."

"The so called whistleblower, the one that didn't have any first class, or first rate, or uh, second tier information from what I understand, you'll have to figure this out for yourself."

It's like someone threw a bunch of sheets of talking points into a wood chipper, caught random pieces flying out that were shredded, and taped them together into a non-sensical combination of ideas, and some half-baked ideas, and some phrases that Trump just can't seem to land.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just don't understand how anyone can believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth. Such a strange and surreal feeling when this is our President!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thought I shared some unintentional levity from a Vanity Fair article about the "turmoil" at Fox News

"Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. “Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it,” an executive who’s spoken with Ryan told me."

Pure gold!

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/madness-at-fox-news-as-trump-faces-impeachment-lachlan-murdoch

• Love 1

My favorite quote in that story:

But a person more sympathetic to Trump has told Lachlan that Fox should remain loyal to Trump’s supporters, even if the network has to break from the man. “We need to represent our viewers,” the source said. “Fox is about defending our viewers from the people who hate them. That’s where our power comes from. It’s not about Trump.”

2 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

My favorite quote in that story:

Its obviously not about news either.  Just about catering to his base of people and his style of division and misinformation.

Just now, sho nuff said:

Its obviously not about news either.  Just about catering to his base of people and his style of division and misinformation.

Apparently there is some underlying division between Fox's news gathering operation, which wants to, ah, report news and management, for whom the news is at cross purposes with the larger agenda ("protecting their viewers from people who hate them"). Much like what's going on at the WSJ.

Conservatives: "Why won't those reporters get with the program?"

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

A network catering to it's viewers?  I bet you're going to tell us water is wet too

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I was Speaker of the House. But I didn't have power until I joined the Fox board and could actually influence politics.

I'm not seeing a problem with that statement.  :coffee:

26 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I want very badly to walk through a haunted house with Paul Ryan. (Only McJose might get that, but I don't care).

Oh, come on. I got it too :)

Edited by msommer
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

A network catering to it's viewers?  I bet you're going to tell us water is wet too

If you tell him water is wet he will argue that it isn't.

1 hour ago, Don Quixote said:

Scott Bixby @scottbix
On election night, Karen Pence refused to kiss her husband. “You got what you wanted, Mike,” she told him. “Leave me alone.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/books/review/piety-and-power-tom-lobianco.html

My goodness.  Mother was in a state.

5 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Absolutely impeachment-worthy:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177539052683309056

I didn't think the bottom could get any lower, but here we are.

One of the replies:

You are facing one of the most egregious and public “abuse of power” scandals since Boss Tweed, and you’re upset because your meme was misquoted.

2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

One of the replies:

You are facing one of the most egregious and public “abuse of power” scandals since Boss Tweed, and you’re upset because your meme was misquoted.

“And now the failing lamestream media is going after me and comparing me to the bad guy on the Ducks of Hazard.  PRESIDENTIAL HARRASMEN”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Absolutely impeachment-worthy:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177539052683309056

I didn't think the bottom could get any lower, but here we are.

Arguably someone who doesn’t know what a hyphen is should be disqualified from office, yes I think that’s fair.

The President's grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation are an unceasing abomination that both parties should recognize as an impeachable scourge.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The President's grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation are an unceasing abomination that both parties should recognize as an impeachable scourge.

Another reply to his tweet:

Could someone simply ask @ewarren if she can discern between a hyphen and an apostrophe and let's wrap this up already.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2