Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

13 minutes ago, McJose said:

“And now the failing lamestream media is going after me and comparing me to the bad guy on the Ducks of Hazard.  PRESIDENTIAL HARRASMEN”

literal :lmao:

FRANCIS: "####, King, it ain't d-e-r-e man, it's d-e-a-r, and Sara don't have no two r's in it, fool. Shame on you."

King shrugs, a sleepy stoned voice.

KING: "Don't matter, she knows what it means ... an she don't read too good nohow ... "

17 hours ago, McJose said:

“And now the failing lamestream media is going after me and comparing me to the bad guy on the Ducks of Hazard.  PRESIDENTIAL HARRASMEN”

This has legs.  With Mike Pence as Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane and Giuliani as Cooter.

Stable Genius does not mean stable Tweets

I cant wait until Trump is properly investigated.  Hopefully after this election.

If the Trump money trail leads back to Russia then he was in no position to be making decisions for our country.

Undoing judicial appointments would be a nice place to start.

Edited by Daywalker

:lol:

Philip Rucker@PhilipRucker 47m

·

Breaking —> Trump administration is investigating the email records of dozens of current & former senior State Department officials who sent messages to Clinton’s private email, @GregJaffe @gregpmiller & @karoun report

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Dan Eggen @DanEggenWPost . 42m

”A former senior U.S. official familiar with the email investigation described it as a way for Republicans ‘to keep the Clinton email issue alive’...The probe was ‘a way to tarnish a whole bunch of Democratic foreign policy people’”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Philip Rucker@PhilipRucker 47m

·

Breaking —> Trump administration is investigating the email records of dozens of current & former senior State Department officials who sent messages to Clinton’s private email, @GregJaffe @gregpmiller & @karoun report

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how, having driven anyone with morals or experience out of his administration, he now has no coherent message, no war room, and no strategy even if he did.

Yet since he knows more about everything than anybody and never makes mistakes I'm sure it will all go swimmingly.

Don't mess with the stable genius :mellow:

Edited by bananafish
Having not haven

9 minutes ago, zoonation said:

He’s basically illiterate.  

Whether POTUS is technically illiterate is an interesting question

16 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dan Eggen @DanEggenWPost . 42m

”A former senior U.S. official familiar with the email investigation described it as a way for Republicans ‘to keep the Clinton email issue alive’...The probe was ‘a way to tarnish a whole bunch of Democratic foreign policy people’”

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

It gets worse - I was reading today, that the Trump administration has retroactively classified some stuff, and are now going after the former state department staffers.

The emails are back. Just when you thought the issue that engulfed much of the 2016 presidential election was gone, if not forgotten, State Department investigators are reviving it all and targeting current and former senior officials who sent emails to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Overall, investigators have contacted as many as 130 officials in recent weeks to tell them emails they sent years earlier have been retroactively classified and their actions could add up to security violations, reports the Washington Post.

The officials, who range from senior officials who reported to Clinton to lower-level government employees whose emails got forwarded to the then-secretary of State, received letters in August saying, “You have been identified as possibly bearing some culpability” in “security incidents,” according to The Post. In pretty much all the cases, the letters had to do with emails that were sent to Clinton’s unsecure inbox. And so far at least there isn’t any evidence that these violations actually involved sensitive information.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/state-department-email-probe-targeting-hillary-clinton-aides-washington-post.html

36 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

The emails are back. Just when you thought the issue that engulfed much of the 2016 presidential election was gone, if not forgotten, State Department investigators are reviving it all and targeting current and former senior officials who sent emails to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Overall, investigators have contacted as many as 130 officials in recent weeks to tell them emails they sent years earlier have been retroactively classified and their actions could add up to security violations, reports the Washington Post.

The officials, who range from senior officials who reported to Clinton to lower-level government employees whose emails got forwarded to the then-secretary of State, received letters in August saying, “You have been identified as possibly bearing some culpability” in “security incidents,” according to The Post. In pretty much all the cases, the letters had to do with emails that were sent to Clinton’s unsecure inbox. And so far at least there isn’t any evidence that these violations actually involved sensitive information.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/state-department-email-probe-targeting-hillary-clinton-aides-washington-post.html

Thank god they’re going to impeach President Hillary.

1 minute ago, McJose said:

Thank god they’re going to impeach President Hillary.

I am surprised she lasted this long.  Her presidential corruption knows no bounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Such a disgusting, revolting scam. Gawd I despise the Trump cabal.

• Like 1

Our unfit President retweeted a call for Civil War if he is (legally) removed from office. Doesn’t this violated Twitter terms of service?

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Tweeted:

....If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal.” Pastor Robert Jeffress, @FoxNews

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1178477539653771264?s=17

Donald Trump is becoming unhinged. This has commanded his attention and now we have a distracted POTUS, which in this case might be a good thing. But in the long run this is untenable and he should be replaced by election in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

Donald Trump is becoming unhinged. This has commanded his attention and now we have a distracted POTUS, which in this case might be a good thing. But in the long run this is untenable and he should be replaced by election in 2020. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

White House staff reportedly needed to 'babysit' Trump's phone calls with world leaders because he was often unprepared

You don't say!?!  :nobodyissurprised:

WASHINGTON — A government watchdog group asked a federal judge on Tuesday to issue an emergency order requiring the White House to preserve records of all of President Donald Trump’s calls with foreign leaders.

At a court hearing later in the day, a Justice Department lawyer told the judge that she couldn’t immediately commit to assuring that the administration would preserve records of all of Trump’s conversations, as well as other records about how the administration had handled those documents. The judge gave the government until Wednesday afternoon to make a decision.

The case, which accuses the Trump administration of failing to meet its legal obligations to create — and properly save — records of Trump’s and other officials’ conversations with foreign leaders was originally filed in May. But the plaintiffs are now arguing that the judge needs to take immediate action in light of recent events.

The lawsuit predates the recent flood of information about Trump’s communications with foreign officials, including a July call with the Ukrainian president — when Trump asked for help investigating Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden — which the White House sought to keep secret, a whistleblower complaint alleges. Recent reporting has also uncovered the Trump administration’s overtures to other countries to aid in an inquiry into the origins of the Mueller probe, including records of other calls with foreign leaders the White House has sought to restrict access to.

At Tuesday’s hearing, Justice Department lawyer Kathryn Wyer repeatedly pushed back when US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson asked why the administration couldn’t voluntarily give its assurance that it would maintain the “status quo” and not destroy any documents relevant to the case while the judge decided key legal issues, including whether the court has authority to hear the case at all.

Jackson, who sits in Washington, DC, strongly and repeatedly suggested that the government should consider giving a voluntary assurance, as opposed to having her formally rule on the request filed by the challengers for an emergency order and issue a decision that she said one side “might not appreciate.”

Wyer told Jackson that they’d notified the plaintiffs that the department advised administration officials of their obligation to preserve records, and she insisted there was no evidence of any risk that officials would destroy documents in the meantime. Jackson expressed puzzlement at Wyer’s resistance to going a step further and explicitly confirming that documents would remain intact. The government maintains that the assurances the plaintiffs asked for would involve giving up privileged legal advice.

“I’m not sure I understand that position at all,” Jackson said.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

BECAUSE WE MIGHT NEED TO DESTROY THOSE DOCUMENTS TO SAVE OUR AZZES! FFS!

:lmao: reminded me of   DO SOMETHING!!!

• Laughing 1

It's both depressing and hilarious(I call it deprarious) that the administration has to be outright told not to destroy evidence, which I feel is an admission of guilt if done anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

It's both depressing and hilarious(I call it deprarious) that the administration has to be outright told not to destroy evidence, which I feel is an admission of guilt if done anyway.

And won't promise not to do it.

• Like 1

"Do you want us to lie to you, Judge? Because that would be a lot worse, in our opinion, than just shredding up some papers."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Correct me if I'm  wrong but weren't you a Trump supporter?  If so and you changed your mind because of the facts, you have my utmost respect.  If not you're still okay in my book. ;)

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

WASHINGTON — A government watchdog group asked a federal judge on Tuesday to issue an emergency order requiring the White House to preserve records of all of President Donald Trump’s calls with foreign leaders.

At a court hearing later in the day, a Justice Department lawyer told the judge that she couldn’t immediately commit to assuring that the administration would preserve records of all of Trump’s conversations, as well as other records about how the administration had handled those documents. The judge gave the government until Wednesday afternoon to make a decision.

The case, which accuses the Trump administration of failing to meet its legal obligations to create — and properly save — records of Trump’s and other officials’ conversations with foreign leaders was originally filed in May. But the plaintiffs are now arguing that the judge needs to take immediate action in light of recent events.

The lawsuit predates the recent flood of information about Trump’s communications with foreign officials, including a July call with the Ukrainian president — when Trump asked for help investigating Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden — which the White House sought to keep secret, a whistleblower complaint alleges. Recent reporting has also uncovered the Trump administration’s overtures to other countries to aid in an inquiry into the origins of the Mueller probe, including records of other calls with foreign leaders the White House has sought to restrict access to.

At Tuesday’s hearing, Justice Department lawyer Kathryn Wyer repeatedly pushed back when US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson asked why the administration couldn’t voluntarily give its assurance that it would maintain the “status quo” and not destroy any documents relevant to the case while the judge decided key legal issues, including whether the court has authority to hear the case at all.

Jackson, who sits in Washington, DC, strongly and repeatedly suggested that the government should consider giving a voluntary assurance, as opposed to having her formally rule on the request filed by the challengers for an emergency order and issue a decision that she said one side “might not appreciate.”

Wyer told Jackson that they’d notified the plaintiffs that the department advised administration officials of their obligation to preserve records, and she insisted there was no evidence of any risk that officials would destroy documents in the meantime. Jackson expressed puzzlement at Wyer’s resistance to going a step further and explicitly confirming that documents would remain intact. The government maintains that the assurances the plaintiffs asked for would involve giving up privileged legal advice.

You know a way they can guarantee it?  Start throwing people in jail like they deserve.

Edited by Sheriff Bart

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Correct me if I'm  wrong but weren't you a Trump supporter?  If so and you changed your mind because of the facts, you have my utmost respect.  If not you're still okay in my book. ;)

You know a way they can guarantee it?  Start throwing people in jail like they deserve.

I voted for Gary Johnson, because I am an independent, but I wanted Trump to do well, because if he's going to be president, he'd better do a good job or we're all in trouble, no matter the politics. This whole thing is the proverbial final nail for me. I cannot sit by and watch this country rip itself apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

And won't promise not to do it.

To me, that's basically them saying, "We're going to destroy this stuff and hope you don't find out." Are we absolutely certain that the White House isn't actually populated by kids operating adult robots?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

“We're going to destroy this stuff and hope you don't find out."

I don’t know why more people aren’t freaking out that AG and Sec State have both made trips in the past days to Rome to run shadow intel grifts. It appears they are not only guilty of high crimes, they are colluding actively with foreign governments to manufacture evidence against their investigators. These people must be brought to heel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

I don’t know why more people aren’t freaking out that AG and Sec State have both made trips in the past days to Rome to run shadow intel grifts. It appears they are not only guilty of high crimes, they are colluding actively with foreign governments to manufacture evidence against their investigators. These people must be brought to heel.

Sounds like they're digging their own grave. With a giant shovel.

The man is certifiably NUTS:

WASHINGTON — The Oval Office meeting this past March began, as so many had, with President Trump fuming about migrants. But this time he had a solution. As White House advisers listened astonished, he ordered them to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico — by noon the next day.

The advisers feared the president’s edict would trap American tourists in Mexico, strand children at schools on both sides of the border and create an economic meltdown in two countries. Yet they also knew how much the president’s zeal to stop immigration had sent him lurching for solutions, one more extreme than the next.

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

Not an Onion article

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

Dan Rather is old.

Dan Rather @DanRather · 3h

I remember when careers were destroyed over who “lost” China to the communists. Now apparently that milestone is worthy of a congratulatory Tweet from the president. And a shrug from a GOP that once said they cared about such things as human rights and freedom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

WASHINGTON — The Oval Office meeting this past March began, as so many had, with President Trump fuming about migrants. But this time he had a solution. As White House advisers listened astonished, he ordered them to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico — by noon the next day.

The advisers feared the president’s edict would trap American tourists in Mexico, strand children at schools on both sides of the border and create an economic meltdown in two countries. Yet they also knew how much the president’s zeal to stop immigration had sent him lurching for solutions, one more extreme than the next.

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

Not an Onion article

He's Dr. Evil. I'm 98% certain he asked for #######' laserbeams on those snakes and gators.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

You know the WH had Ollie North in over the weekend and were shredding every last detail of these calls.

30 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not an Onion article

But whatever you do, don't call him a racist.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I can’t wait to hear the arguments defending these ideas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Of course the idea of aids running around getting cost estimates is both hilarious and frightening.  And, it probably says as much about them, as it does about Trump even making the suggestions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

He's joking, ha ha ha ha, I love his sense of humor.  Don't take locker room talk so seriously.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Of course the idea of aids running around getting cost estimates is both hilarious and frightening.  And, it probably says as much about them, as it does about Trump even making the suggestions.

It's sickening. 

I'll edit that because it wasn't Trump's exact words. 

Edited by Sheriff Bart