Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

30 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I would happily surrender every Patriots championship to get Trump out of office. 

Sweet - we can take down two cheaters at once. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 2

Wait, Trump today said he considers it treason when an elected or appointed person lies?   :lmao:

• Love 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

Wait, Trump today said he considers it treason when an elected or appointed person lies?   :lmao:

Yep, he said it.  Hit rewind three time just to make sure I understood him during his rambling meltdown.  

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

• Love 4

National Review: Conservative News and Politics~

Only Four in Ten Republicans Believe Trump Mentioned Biden on the Ukraine Call. Thanks, Tribalism.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

National Review: Conservative News and Politics~

Only Four in Ten Republicans Believe Trump Mentioned Biden on the Ukraine Call. Thanks, Tribalism.

On a plane and guy next to me is watching Fox News. I am resisting tapping him on the shoulder and asking him where he stands on the issue.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

On a plane and guy next to me is watching Fox News. I am resisting tapping him on the shoulder and asking him where he stands on the issue.

Please do this.  :popcorn: 

7 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Trump eats fast food because he has a theory that it's less likely to be poisoned.

I'm not even kidding.

Trump has always been a Manhattan outsider.  The truly elite (as insufferable as they probably are) never accepted him and always saw him for exactly what he was/is:  a fraud/poser.  

He channeled that lifelong rejection into a movement that uses, as fuel, the same type of rejection that many Americans feel as the world has modernized and left antiquated ideas behind.  

You couldn’t write a better script, really.  

Manhattan “billionaire” reject engineers a populist movement supported by people he would never associate with (or even market his products to) based on rejection.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

Trump has always been a Manhattan outsider.  The truly elite (as insufferable as they probably are) never accepted him and always saw him for exactly what he was/is:  a fraud/poser.  

He channeled that lifelong rejection into a movement that uses, as fuel, the same type of rejection that many Americans feel as the world has modernized and left antiquated ideas behind.  

You couldn’t write a better script, really.  

Manhattan “billionaire” reject engineers a populist movement supported by people he would never associate with (or even market his products to) based on rejection.  

Words hurt. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Please do this.  :popcorn: 

No. But I do feel like his watching the network brazenly in public is the social equivalent of chain smoking unfiltered Camels.

1 hour ago, badmojo1006 said:

Sounds good to me

I admit it's a win-win for the entire nation. 

17 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

He's always been devoid of taste and class by conventional measures. He's dreamed up his own take on taste and class, I don't think he knows otherwise. He has a pension for delusion and a complete lack of self-awareness that apply to all facets of his life. He's the prime modern example of what happens when no one can tell you "no" and get away with it.

:lol:

*penchant

Sorry GB, but :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

You didn't have to be a historian to see this coming.

It's more like a terrible, B horror film.  The acting is terrible and you know what's going to happen even though it's really stupid.  It's like yelling at the movie, "Don't go in there!" and they do any way and get killed.

14 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Fred Trump was rich, but he was a slumlord.  He didn't really travel in type of old money circles that set standards of taste and decorum.  

So he didn’t run in the same circles of money and culture as, say, Jeffrey Epstein?

Day 979 marked the first time Trump's 538 approval % was higher than Obama's. Incredible stuff.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

Day 979 marked the first time Trump's 538 approval % was higher than Obama's. Incredible stuff.

Looks like day 980 will be the last 

Edited by toshiba

On 10/2/2019 at 3:48 PM, Gr00vus said:

Yeah, our President is basically Al Czervik/Thronton Mellon/<insert Rodney Dangerfield character here> without any intelligence or capacity for intentional humor. That's what people thought we needed in office.

We'd have been better off with the genuine Dangerfield in office - alive or dead.

"The man's a menace!"

• Love 1

1 hour ago, mrip541 said:

Where are you seeing this? I don't think 538 tracked Obama's approval in the way that they've been tracking Trump's approval.

Which, btw, has dropped significantly in the past week -- from 42.9% (highest since November) to 41.3% (close to lowest point since the shutdown).

4 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Where are you seeing this? I don't think 538 tracked Obama's approval in the way that they've been tracking Trump's approval.

Which, btw, has dropped significantly in the past week -- from 42.9% (highest since November) to 41.3% (close to lowest point since the shutdown).

I just went to https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/ and scrolled down to the approval comparisons at the bottom. The exact day seems to be changing based on my zoom level, but that's the general idea.

Trump’s calls with foreign leaders have long worried aides, leaving some ‘genuinely horrified’

WaPo article.  Long read - won't paste here, but you can open in incognito window if you don't have subscription.  Give them a click at least.

We have handed the keys to a neophyte, who has no interest in learning - anything.

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Trump’s calls with foreign leaders have long worried aides, leaving some ‘genuinely horrified’

WaPo article.  Long read - won't paste here, but you can open in incognito window if you don't have subscription.  Give them a click at least.

We have handed the keys to a neophyte, who has no interest in learning - anything.

See, the thing is, we knew this was how it was going to be. It couldn't have been any other way. And we told people this way back when. Is any of this really surprising? We didn't hand anybody the keys - we're suffering because there are way too many credulous people in this country who vote. Maybe democracy doesn't really work after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

See, the thing is, we knew this was how it was going to be. It couldn't have been any other way. And we told people this way back when. Is any of this really surprising? We didn't hand anybody the keys - we're suffering because there are way too many credulous people in this country who vote. Maybe democracy doesn't really work after all.

No need to worry because go forward elections will be proclaimed fake news. No one leaves office under new decree, and we'll be gas lighted that elections aren't even Constitutional, per Bill Barr. 60% of Republicans will say "Constitution, what's that?" Democrats will try to impeach to save the democracy, and Trump will be acquitted by McConnell. Enjoy our new tyranny. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BigJim® said:

No need to worry because go forward elections will be proclaimed fake news. No one leaves office under new decree, and we'll be gas lighted that elections aren't even Constitutional, per Bill Barr. 60% of Republicans will say "Constitution, what's that?" Democrats will try to impeach to save the democracy, and Trump will be acquitted by McConnell. Enjoy our new tyranny. 

THEN, the gun owning masses will rise to overthrow the tyranny, like with the tea party, and.....

Wait....

On 10/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, Sheriff Bart said:

Because he's broke. Seriously. 

No, but his Scottish mother probably had some influence on him, albeit very limited.

Source: have Scottish mother.

Posted (edited)

Trump claiming he is concerned about fighting corruption. Is that why he was so happy to see the Mueller probe nail Manafort who cheated US. taxpayers out of millions of dollars? Oh wait, maybe what it is really about is loyalty. Rest assured Manafort will be pardoned before all is said and done for not ratting on Trump. Trump claiming he is concerned about corruption is 100% B.S.

Edited by lazyike

12 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Trump claiming he is concerned about fighting corruption. Is that why he was so happy to see the Mueller probe nail Manafort who cheated US. taxpayers out of millions of dollars? Oh wait, maybe what it is really about is loyalty. Rest assured Manafort will be pardoned before all is said and done for not ratting on Trump. Trump claiming he is concerned about corruption is 100% B.S.

Bend the knee.

Kiss the ring.

Kiss my grits, Nooch.

2 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

That's kind of embarrassing for Newsweek. As far as I can tell upon a quick skim, they're just summarizing an article from The Washington Post without doing any original reporting. They may as well have just provided a link.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, msommer said:

Normally in civil wars, the military splits

Yeah, I guess I was just surprised at the magnitude (apparently) of support he engenders in the military. I suppose I shouldn’t be.

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Treasury Dept rolling back tax rule aimed at keeping business from moving money offshores to avoid taxes. 

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1181654534109765640?s=21

What?  Didn't they just have an exemption to bring money back on shore in the latest tax pay day for the rich?

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:

What?  Didn't they just have an exemption to bring money back on shore in the latest tax pay day for the rich?

I think so. The treasury department is considering this rollback, not sure why. Anyone have any good info?

Trump administration expected to announce exit from 'Open Skies' treat

Pulling out of the Open Skies Treaty, an important multilateral arms control agreement, would be yet another gift from the Trump Administration to (Russian President Vladimir) Putin," the top Democrats on the House Foreign Affairs, House Armed Services, Senate Armed Services and Senate Foreign Relations committees wrote in a letter to Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"Not only is there no case for withdrawal on the grounds of national security, there has been no consultation with the Congress or with our allies about this consequential decision. Any action by this administration to withdraw from critical international treaties without the approval of the Senate is deeply concerning," wrote Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island, Rep. Eliot Engel of New York and Rep. Adam Smith of Washington state.

THROW THESE TRAITORS IN JAIL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Trump is just doing whatever he wants, because he knows he's sunk, so he's burning as many bridges as possible. Congress, if you want to get the lead out on those impeachment charges, we'd appreciate it!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Trump is just doing whatever he wants, because he knows he's sunk, so he's burning as many bridges as possible. Congress, if you want to get the lead out on those impeachment charges, we'd appreciate it!

So basically accept the dare to rush to judgment rather than a thorough investigation and putting senators in an actually tough decision that they will need to answer for? I’ll pass. Not that easily manipulated.

:oldunsure:

Donald Trump has defended the wife of a US diplomat who killed a British teenager in a road accident, suggesting it is difficult to drive on the other side of the road and that "we've all done it".

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

As a follow-up - after the accident that killed a bicyclist, the diplomat and his wife were supposed to remain in England - but they high-tailed it out of the country, and now, obviously refuse to return.

ETA - motorcyclist 

Harry Dunn was an outgoing 19-year-old, a skilled motorcyclist with a twin brother and four other siblings who happened to be driving through the valley just outside the Royal Air Force base in Croughton, England, on the evening of Aug. 27, when Anne Sacoolas crested the hill in her Volvo XC90 luxury SUV. 

Sacoolas, the 42-year-old wife of an American who worked at the important intelligence gathering facility, had only been in the U.K. for three weeks. She pulled out of the base on the wrong side of the road, apparently forgetting for a moment the rules of left-lane British driving.

Dunn had no time to react when Sacoolas came straight at him, the Dunn family spokesman told The Daily Beast. The impact sent him flying over the top of the heavy SUV, causing multiple injuries. He died a few hours later in a local hospital. 

At the scene of the accident, Sacoolas, whose 12-year-old son was reportedly a passenger in the Volvo, was hysterical over what she had done. The car had diplomatic plates, but witnesses who rushed to the crash site told Northamptonshire police that Sacoolas immediately took the blame and gave all her details, including her British and American cellphone numbers.

DMV records in Virginia, where Sacoolas previously was resident, show she had been cited for failing to pay attention while driving in 2006 but had paid the fine with no other penalty. Because Dunn was still alive when he was taken away by ambulance after the accident, Sacoolas was not arrested at the scene—nor was she checked for alcohol or drug use, according to a Northamptonshire Police spokesperson. 

When police went to the Croughton base the next day to tell Sacoolas that Dunn had died, she was understandably upset and assured them she had no plans to leave the country. When they came back a second time to get more information, she was lawyered up and assisted by officials from the U.S. Embassy to the U.K..

The police went back again Sept. 15 to place Sacoolas under formal questioning in a wrongful death inquiry but she, her husband, Jonathan, and their three children had left the country, claiming diplomatic immunity. The U.S. Embassy in London said they did so on the advice of the U.S. State Department. 

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Donald Trump has defended the wife of a US diplomat who killed a British teenager in a road accident, suggesting it is difficult to drive on the other side of the road and that "we've all done it".

Matthew Broderick

Not speaking to this specific case with the diplomat skipping town but It is easy to do if you are out in the countryside.

Of all the stuff they covered in today's press conference this was the most normal thing he said. 

no Kurds at Omaha Beach?  That’s BS

1 hour ago, The General said:

Matthew Broderick

Not speaking to this specific case with the diplomat skipping town but It is easy to do if you are out in the countryside.

Of all the stuff they covered in today's press conference this was the most normal thing he said. 

Sure, but as President, I think you would be a little less flippant about a US diplomats wife, avoiding responsibility for the death of a teenager.  I get that, legally, she is immune, but I would hope we, as a country would express a little more remorse than getting her out quickly and then shrugging "we've all done it." 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

“Mr. President, are you saying we’ve all driven on the wrong side of the road across the pond, or... or that we’ve all killed a teenager?”

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Sure, but as President, I think you would be a little less flippant about a US diplomats wife, avoiding responsibility for the death of a teenager.  I get that, legally, she is immune, but I would hope we, as a country would express a little more remorse than getting her out quickly and then shrugging "we've all done it." 

Well, there is the part where he is a sociopath.

• Love 1

When kids in the future download their history module, I hope this is the title of one of the chapters:

The ‘I’m rubber, you’re glue’ Presidency