Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

When kids in the future download their history module, I hope this is the title of one of the chapters:

The ‘I’m rubber, you’re glue’ Presidency

It'll probably be titled, "The Beginning of the End."

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but damn, this guy just DGAF... https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges

He'll just brazenly misuse his power any chance he gets. It's so disturbing people blindly stand by him.

No doubt he will, but the story confuses me. Why not go directly to Sessions? 

1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but damn, this guy just DGAF... https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges

He'll just brazenly misuse his power any chance he gets. It's so disturbing people blindly stand by him.

Don’t forget a book is being released with 43 new credible allegations of sexual abuse against women. He’s killing our Kurdish allies, has at least 12 documented instances of Obstruction of Justice (including refusal to cooperate with Impeachment inquiry), made overt quid-pro-quo deal for multiple foreign governments to investigate political rivals, and there’s ample evidence he violated tax laws for decades, election finance laws, and that he’s been involved in international money laundering. Great human being, and hill for an entire political party to die on.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

This ALONE should prompt swift removal from office in a sane universe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Don’t forget a book is being released with 43 new credible allegations of sexual abuse against women. He’s killing our Kurdish allies, has at least 12 documented instances of Obstruction of Justice (including refusal to cooperate with Impeachment inquiry), made overt quid-pro-quo deal for multiple foreign governments to investigate political rivals, and there’s ample evidence he violated tax laws for decades, election finance laws, and that he’s been involved in international money laundering. Great human being, and hill for an entire political party to die on.

Sure but Warren claimed to have a very distant relative that was native American so it all evens out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Sure but Warren claimed to have a very distant relative that was native American so it all evens out. 

Want to clarify that I chose the crying face to “like” your post. If it wasn’t clear, it is supposed to be the crying Indian. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:
7 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

To be fair she did, just of a different origin and further back that she believed. 

7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

No joke. There have been at least a ****ing hundred things that alone should've been enough to remove someone from office.

But the hypocrisy runs deep.

And of course there's this.

I wish we’d just chuck Trump, because things get complicated when you try to unravel why Trump was seeking to do favors for Erdogan, and how eventually he just betrayed thousands of our allies to die brutal deaths to do a favor for Erdogan. And his original DNI was an unregistered foreign agent being paid by Erdogan. Financial and political connections that could give Erdogan leverage via the many things he knows that are compromising, that we do not. It’s why we NEVER should have even considered someone like Trump for high office. We will continue to pay consequences, as will our allies and Western Democracy, as long as he’s sheltered by the GOP.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Kal El said:

It'll probably be titled, "The Beginning of the End."

Pick a song title for each Presidency that would encompass their time in office. 
FDR = Ridin’

2 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Pick a song title for each Presidency that would encompass their time in office. 
FDR = Ridin’

JFK- Hey man nice shot- Filter... too soon?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

FDR = Ridin’

Thomas Jefferson -- Brown Sugar (Rolling Stones)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

FDR = Ridin’

James K Polk - Takin' Care of Business

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Bill Clinton - No Head No Backstage Pass (Funkadelic... the twist Is when Bill gets to toot the horn during his solo)

• Like 1

New challenge... create a Concept Album for each Presidency with about 15ish songs. Song one being close to inauguration with the final song nearing the end of term. 

Go! Might need a new thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

58 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No doubt he will, but the story confuses me. Why not go directly to Sessions? 

Because Sessions had already shown a modicum of ethics by recusing himself in the Mueller investigation?  

37 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Thomas Jefferson -- Brown Sugar (Rolling Stones)

This is perfect classic FFA right here. I've giggled way too much at this.

Way too much.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, whoknew said:

And this is just as good.

Seriously.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

New challenge... create a Concept Album for each Presidency with about 15ish songs. Song one being close to inauguration with the final song nearing the end of term. 

Go! Might need a new thread. 

I might be all over this.

"Oh well, I'm President" - pretty much sums up his presidency...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

...Court Justice & I turned him down (he’s been terrible ever since), Shep Smith, @donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from @CNN), & others, @FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I’m President!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Koya said:

Bill Clinton - No Head No Backstage Pass (Funkadelic... the twist Is when Bill gets to toot the horn during his solo)

Bill Clinton- Devil with a blue dress on- Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, yak651 said:

...Court Justice & I turned him down (he’s been terrible ever since), Shep Smith, @donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from @CNN), & others, @FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I’m President!

Does he mean that Fox doesn't deliver for "us" or for the "U.S."

He's pretty idiotic.

2 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

He's pretty idiotic.

Yes.

3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

He's pretty idiotic.

He meant us...as in his administration or just the Trump family.

Edited by sho nuff

3 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

He's pretty idiotic.

He intends to launch his own television network.  Fox is going to get burned just like everybody else who supports him.  

Just now, Sideshow Bob said:

He intends to launch his own television network.  Fox is going to get burned just like everybody else who supports him.  

When his presidency ends and he has his network, Fox may take a hot for a year or so...if even that.  Then, people will tire of the rambling delusions and realize he has no power anymore and his network (like so many other things he touches) will go bankrupt.

Thats if he doesn't end up in jail, of course.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

When his presidency ends and he has his network, Fox may take a hot for a year or so...if even that.  Then, people will tire of the rambling delusions and realize he has no power anymore and his network (like so many other things he touches) will go bankrupt.

Thats if he doesn't end up in jail, of course.

You left out the part where he'll pocket a suspiciously large sum of cash and leave backers holding the bag.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, yak651 said:

It would be great if he burns Fox News to ground. 

“From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll,” Trump tweeted. “Whoever their Pollster is, they suck.”

• Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Let's hope so. 

1 hour ago, Mario Kart said:

FDR = Ridin’

Grover Cleveland - Oops I Did It Again.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Maybe I am wrong here or I am just too simplistic when I heard Trump say yesterday "It is easy for people to talk tough and say lets send troops in here in here and lets send troops in there but these people are never sitting with the families who are screaming and crying when that big plane lands carrying the body of their sons, husbands, fathers who were killed for what? These talking tough people are not in Walter Reid hospital looking at all the soldiers whose bodies and lives have been blown to pieces for what?  The hardest job I have as POTUS is not dealing with China, or anything else.  It is making a decision that will send our people into harms way.

I still can't believe people were convinced this was some kind of "tough guy". :lol:

Most successful con man of all-time though, have to give credit where credit due.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Maybe I am wrong here or I am just too simplistic when I heard Trump say yesterday "It is easy for people to talk tough and say lets send troops in here in here and lets send troops in there but these people are never sitting with the families who are screaming and crying when that big plane lands carrying the body of their sons, husbands, fathers who were killed for what? These talking tough people are not in Walter Reid hospital looking at all the soldiers whose bodies and lives have been blown to pieces for what?  The hardest job I have as POTUS is not dealing with China, or anything else.  It is making a decision that will send our people into harms way.

Is that an actual Trump quote?

We all know Trump isn't a wordsmith, but a 73 year old grandpa using  "Oh well" and "they suck"? That has to be Baron, or a teenage girl in control of his account, right? It's like when Poochie showed up on the Itchy & Scratchy Show to up the shows street cred; “Catch you on the flip side, dudemeisters! NOT!”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I still can't believe people were convinced this was some kind of "tough guy". :lol:

Most successful con man of all-time though, have to give credit where credit due.

He is twitter tough.  He is talk show guest tough.    In today's society that is all you need

9 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Is that an actual Trump quote?

Can`t find the whole talk as I was in my car and it was on POTUS Radio    But here is a little of it. It was at least 5 minutes longer talking about the fallen and severely injured soldiers and their families.

Lost amid the firestorm that follow President Donald Trump's surprise announcement that the U.S. would withdraw troops from northern Syria was a surprise moment of candor from the increasingly-embattled commander-in-chief: that signing letters to the families of fallen service members has hardened his determination to finally end the "forever wars."

Speaking to reporters after signing a pair of trade agreements alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump faced a barrage of questions from reporters regarding his administration's decision to effectively abandon the Syrian Kurds who fought and died alongside U.S. troops against the ISIS caliphate to the whims of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The president is known for making bellicose threats, such as vowing to bring "fire and fury" to North Korea before he changed course and tried to woo Kim Jong Un into making a deal on his country's nuclear and missile program. But Trump has also been far less willing than his predecessors to send U.S. troops into harm's way. He has repeatedly said that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake and he has described Syria as a land of "sand and death."

Edited by Da Guru

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Trump: Loser - Beck

There's no way Trump would ever personally call himself a loser, though. 

13 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Remember, though, that this is the same man who told a widow that her husband "knew what he signed up for" and attempted to justify abandoning our Kurdish allies (and their 10,000+ dead fighting ISIS) with the rationale that they'd been paid so it was fine.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

There's no way Trump would ever personally call himself a loser, though. 

I bet we could talk him into saying soy un perdedor though.

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:
2 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

FDR = Ridin’

Grover Cleveland - Oops I Did It Again.

"Billie Jean"

("the kid is not my son")

BTW, someone actually wrote an anti-Cleveland campaign song about this subject in 1884.

17 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

The issue, I think, is twofold: first, that Trump is breaking a campaign promise (to protect the Kurds). And second, that Trump is suddenly changing from an outspoken gung-ho military guy to a dove-ish weakling. If Hillary had said what you just quoted, Trump and the Republicans would have DESTROYED her for it.

Also, it's just bad policy for the President to base his military decisions on whether he might have to meet the family of a dead soldier.

3 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The issue, I think, is twofold: first, that Trump is breaking a campaign promise (to protect the Kurds). And second, that Trump is suddenly changing from an outspoken gung-ho military guy to a dove-ish weakling. If Hillary had said what you just quoted, Trump and the Republicans would have DESTROYED her for it.

Also, it's just bad policy for the President to base his military decisions on whether he might have to meet the family of a dead soldier.

Maybe I am more sensitive to this issue.  Friend of mines son is a former Marine Sargent who lost the sight in his right eye and the use of his right arm from an IED in Afghanistan.  Went in at 18 and did 2 tours, injury happened 18 days before he was done for good and to start training other Marines as his future.  This kid was the biggest gung ho military guy and planned on a career.  Now he sits around at 31 living with his parents, face half destroyed, arm does not work correctly and a shell of his former self, a broken human and he says for what?  Same crap is still going on and will go on forever.

So I really don`t care to hear what any Dem or GOP say on what we should do from their offices. And I know this is too simplistic.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Da Guru said:
17 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Maybe I am more sensitive to this issue.  Friend of mines son is a former Marine Sargent who lost the sight in his right eye and the use of his right arm from an IED in Afghanistan.  Went in at 18 and did 2 tours, injury happened 18 days before he was done for good and to start training other Marines as his future.  This kid was the biggest gung ho military guy and planned on a career.  Now he sits around at 31 living with his parents, face half destroyed, arm does not work correctly and a shell of his former self, a broken human and he says for what?  Same crap is still going on and will go on forever.

So I really don`t care to hear what any Dem or GOP say on what we should do from their offices. And I know this is too simplistic.

If the President is too afraid to make tough decisions, then he shouldn't be President.

Just now, [scooter] said:

If the President is too afraid to make tough decisions, then he shouldn't be President.

Again..what is tough?  What is correct?   We never know until years or decades later.  Was Vietnam a tough decision or a stupid decision?

47 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

so Trump, who is President of the United States btw, has no idea what our soldiers are fighting and dying for?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:
2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Again..what is tough?  What is correct?   We never know until years or decades later.  Was Vietnam a tough decision or a stupid decision?

It has nothing to do with whether a decision is correct or stupid.

We have a President who makes military decisions based, in part or in whole, on a personal fear of feeling uncomfortable when meeting the families of dead soldiers. That's bad leadership.

The fact that he admits this in public is even worse, because he's giving a tactical advantage to our enemies.

51 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

"I prefer heroes that were not captured, ok?"

You are looking too hard for excuses

• Love 1