Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, sho nuff said:

 

Seems about right...liked seeing his name and being talked about more than actually doing something to help the team.  And even that story looks to be bogus.

 

Yeah, it's doesn't get any Trumpier than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This pretty much nails it:

Ezra Klein

@ezraklein

Apr 29

Donald Trump does not want to be in charge of any of this. He wants to play president on TV. He doesn't want responsibility for governance in a time of crisis, and in every way he can, he's refusing to do that job, and lashing out at those who ask him to do it.

Edited by Apple Jack
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality show president..

If only this was actually some Truman show like simulation and things were really better than they are.

We live in a time where the press secretary is getting praised for avoiding answering a question and then blaming the media...

And we are supposed to give the administration credit for finally having a press secretary give another briefing..and its happening mostly because his ratings dropped when he spoke himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice Dept dropping the criminal case against Flynn.

This is my shocked face ---------------> :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

Justice Dept dropping the criminal case against Flynn.

This is my shocked face ---------------> :mellow:

You can lie to the FBI about your contacts with Russia

You can plead guilty

Because the lie wasn't exactly about what they were investigating, all is good.

So lying to the FBI is fine as long as it isn't about what they are investigating you for.

Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sho nuff said:

The reality show president..

If only this was actually some Truman show like simulation and things were really better than they are.

We live in a time where the press secretary is getting praised for avoiding answering a question and then blaming the media...

And we are supposed to give the administration credit for finally having a press secretary give another briefing..and its happening mostly because his ratings dropped when he spoke himself.

Smartest thing Trump has done is stop talking. The more he talked, the faster his approval ratings went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice Department, State Attorneys General Likely to Bring Antitrust Lawsuits Against Google

U.S. senator urges criminal probe of Amazon.com 'predatory data practices'

Unfettered free markets and capitalism are the gods of the GOP.   It was perfectly fine for Walmart to destroy just about every main street coast-to-coast.  Unless you say something bad about Trump, then all of a sudden they care. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Justice Department, State Attorneys General Likely to Bring Antitrust Lawsuits Against Google

U.S. senator urges criminal probe of Amazon.com 'predatory data practices'

Unfettered free markets and capitalism are the gods of the GOP.   It was perfectly fine for Walmart to destroy just about every main street coast-to-coast.  Unless you say something bad about Trump, then all of a sudden they care. 

Except that there aren't unfettered free markets and capitalism in this country.  Nice try, but your DNC talking points are wrong.

No one wants completely "unfettered" markets - that's not even a thing in the US. We have all kinds of rules and regulations in place.

Get a grip.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just another Ho-Hum Friday night where an IG gets fired for doing their job. It’s fine. 

Edited by Trey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trey said:

Just another Ho-Hum Friday night where an IG gets fired for doing their job. It’s fine. 

Apparently after opening an investigation into Pompeo.  Just par for the course for this cast of characters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, beef said:
11 hours ago, ren hoek said:

They got nothing and they know it.  If they did I think trump's enemies would be willing to pay more.  China perhaps as a negotiation tool?  DNC/Hillary?  Melania's divorse lawyer?

Assuming this is the same group (tricky assumption, perhaps) that hacked the info from Grubman Shire, they don't have "nothing".  They have quite a bit of data on a number of people that would be interesting to many parties (trust me, this hack is a huge deal in the legal community).  Now, whether they have something on Trump or his associates is an open question, as we don't know if he/they are included as one of Grubman's clients or one of the clients whose data was lifted in the hack.

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Trump voters don't care about bad stuff Trump may have done.

what if he destroyed a gun or something?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has had some fun with the “super duper missle” statement. Does it worry anyone else that he brought this up during a space force press conference? I really hope we aren’t making some sort of rail gun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Trump voters don't care about bad stuff Trump may have done.

...and yet, the 2016 election was close.

Voters didn't care about bad stuff that Hillary may have done.

...and in November, some voters won't care about bad stuff Biden may have done.

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, Snorkelson said:

Everyone has had some fun with the “super duper missle” statement. Does it worry anyone else that he brought this up during a space force press conference? I really hope we aren’t making some sort of rail gun. 

The Navy is in charge of the rail gun programme I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, msommer said:

The Navy is in charge of the rail gun programme I believe

And I think they already have some aboard naval ships.  Or maybe that is the laser weapon that blows holes in small crafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

And I think they already have some aboard naval ships.  Or maybe that is the laser weapon that blows holes in small crafts.

IIRC the laser programme is further advanced than the railgun programme (just watched a youtube video on railguns in "The Expanse" and whether they were practical)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, msommer said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

Genuine belly laugh out of that one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Weirdly, i think that Trump is so out of touch I think he's probably a pretty easy guy to steal from.  

"look sir, we should do this because you are awesome and this will make you looks awesome.  It only costs 60 million"

Trump signs without reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msommer said:
2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

Tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Tuesday

When the court jester is given the crown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msommer said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes"

My current #1 choice for what I want put on my gravestone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msommer said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

Was he misquoting a line from There Will Be Blood?

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, msommer said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

I don't get it. Why are you flabbergasted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Osaurus said:
3 hours ago, msommer said:

"You'll have nobody guarding your potatoes."

Actual quote from current president.

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Speechless.

Was he misquoting a line from There Will Be Blood?

From the comments:

Twitter user: Side effects of hydroxychloroquine include paranoia, hallucinations and psychosis

George Conway: So how do we tell if it’s affecting him?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/05/19/coronavirus-updates-treatment-trump-hydroxychloroquine-who-states-reopen/5214295002/

Quote

Trump responded to criticism over his decision to take hydroxychloroquine, a drug that hasn't been proven to effectively treat or prevent COVID-19.

“People are gonna have to make up their own minds,” Trump told reporters Wednesday. “I think it gives you an additional level of safety."

:wall:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Drugs that require a prescription require a prescription because they are too dangerous for people to make up their own minds about them! 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/05/19/coronavirus-updates-treatment-trump-hydroxychloroquine-who-states-reopen/5214295002/

:wall:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Drugs that require a prescription require a prescription because they are too dangerous for people to make up their own minds about them! 

 

That’s a very nasty thing to say. Very nasty. Trump knows the best prescription medicines. People tell him all the time that he knows more about prescription medicines than anyone he knows.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Politician Spock said:

From: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/05/19/coronavirus-updates-treatment-trump-hydroxychloroquine-who-states-reopen/5214295002/

:wall:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Drugs that require a prescription require a prescription because they are too dangerous for people to make up their own minds about them! 

 

He honestly should be in prison.  I can't go on network tv every night and tell people to take drugs.  His followers are pounding this stuff back every day now...

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a two week vacation for saying this last time, but I’ve got to ask again...

 

I can understand being a republican and having a republican mindset. I cannot at all understand how anyone can be in favor of Trump. He’s such a child. 
 

The only thing I can come up with is the people that love him are the same adults that still watch wrestling. They don’t care about politics, they don’t care about people, they just care about the spectacle and when Trump comes out and slams someone with a chair they start cheering. 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I got a two week vacation for saying this last time, but I’ve got to ask again...

 

I can understand being a republican and having a republican mindset. I cannot at all understand how anyone can be in favor of Trump. He’s such a child. 
 

The only thing I can come up with is the people that love him are the same adults that still watch wrestling. They don’t care about politics, they don’t care about people, they just care about the spectacle and when Trump comes out and slams someone with a chair they start cheering. 

:lmao:

This is by far the easiest group to "offend".  I've been reported and suspended twice for labeling the thread where Trump supporters only want Trump supporters to participate their "safe space" despite staying out (as they wish) from pretty much the beginning.  Those are the only two times I have ever been suspended here and this includes my incessant rants about Obama's drone decisions, GWB going into Iraq and tearing John Kerry down to the ground.  All those topics were far more aggressive than labeling a thread correctly.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I can understand being a republican and having a republican mindset. I cannot at all understand how anyone can be in favor of Trump. He’s such a child.

The only thing I can come up with is the people that love him are the same adults that still watch wrestling. They don’t care about politics, they don’t care about people, they just care about the spectacle and when Trump comes out and slams someone with a chair they start cheering. 

Fox News can be very convincing when that's your only source of information.  I know some otherwise very smart people that get taken in by it.

Edited by Rich Conway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I got a two week vacation for saying this last time, but I’ve got to ask again...

 

I can understand being a republican and having a republican mindset. I cannot at all understand how anyone can be in favor of Trump. He’s such a child. 
 

The only thing I can come up with is the people that love him are the same adults that still watch wrestling. They don’t care about politics, they don’t care about people, they just care about the spectacle and when Trump comes out and slams someone with a chair they start cheering. 

I tend to lean this way as well. There are legitimate grievances in society for sure but trump has taken those to the level of spectacle and harnessed the anger of uneducated white Americans.  It's honestly the end result of reality tv.

Edited by killface
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Commish said:

:lmao:

This is by far the easiest group to "offend".  I've been reported and suspended twice for labeling the thread where Trump supporters only want Trump supporters to participate their "safe space" despite staying out (as they wish) from pretty much the beginning.  Those are the only two times I have ever been suspended here and this includes my incessant rants about Obama's drone decisions, GWB going into Iraq and tearing John Kerry down to the ground.  All those topics were far more aggressive than labeling a thread correctly.

I agree 100%. As one who spent the vast majority of my time here as a republican supporter, a true conservative and one who never voted for a democrat ever, I've posted many critical rants about democrats on this site for years. I no longer am devoted to republicans and have left my 100% conservative mindset and adopted many liberal thoughts. I don't know if I could put a percentage on exactly where I am in between the two, other than to say I am somewhere in the middle now. My criticisms of Trump are no different than any criticisms I have had of democrats over the years. But I've been given two time outs in the past two months, where I think I had one in the 20 or so years before. 

  • Like 13
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

I agree 100%. As one who spent the vast majority of my time here as a republican supporter, a true conservative and one who never voted for a democrat ever, I've posted many critical rants about democrats on this site for years. I no longer am devoted to republicans and have left my 100% conservative mindset and adopted many liberal thoughts. I don't know if I could put a percentage on exactly where I am in between the two, other than to say I am somewhere in the middle now. My criticisms of Trump are no different than any criticisms I have had of democrats over the years. But I've been given two time outs in the past two months, where I think I had one in the 20 or so years before. 

Seems our paths have been pretty similar.  This election will be the first one I've ever voted for a D or R for president.  Looking over our ballot, it seems like locally, I'll have about a 45/55 mix R to D....might end up 40/60 after all is said and done.  Nationally, I will NOT vote R....this includes my rep for the House.  The GOP has jumped the shark and left me in the dust as they sprint to the absurd right.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

Seems our paths have been pretty similar.  This election will be the first one I've ever voted for a D or R for president.  Looking over our ballot, it seems like locally, I'll have about a 45/55 mix R to D....might end up 40/60 after all is said and done.  Nationally, I will NOT vote R....this includes my rep for the House.  The GOP has jumped the shark and left me in the dust as they sprint to the absurd right.

I always vote third party because I think the system is beyond broken but this year we will be voting D

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of time outs, don't question anyone's math ability. That seems to be a very touchy subject as two time outs in a month will attest to. 
Best not to discuss math is what I have taken from that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

I got a two week vacation for saying this last time, but I’ve got to ask again...

 

I can understand being a republican and having a republican mindset. I cannot at all understand how anyone can be in favor of Trump. He’s such a child. 
 

The only thing I can come up with is the people that love him are the same adults that still watch wrestling. They don’t care about politics, they don’t care about people, they just care about the spectacle and when Trump comes out and slams someone with a chair they start cheering. 

I think it's more akin to a combination of being attracted to a guy who does things they way that they think they would do it, lives a lifestyle that they would live if they had that money and who is a guy who, unlike them, has the resources and lot in life to not have to be politically correct; affording him both the ability to shoot from the hip and to address people, groups, entities and ideas with the same "truth speak" that they wish they could.  

He's a "Strongman Leader-lite" for people who see him as an instrument of retribution against all the powers of an opposite authoritarian political movement that have been used to crush their way of life for the past X number of years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

I think it's more akin to a combination of being attracted to a guy who does things they way that they think they would do it, lives a lifestyle that they would live if they had that money and who is a guy who, unlike them, has the resources and lot in life to not have to be politically correct; affording him both the ability to shoot from the hip and to address people, groups, entities and ideas with the same "truth speak" that they wish they could.  

He's a "Strongman Leader-lite" for people who see him as an instrument of retribution against all the powers of an opposite authoritarian political movement that have been used to crush their way of life for the past X number of years.

...with the inevitable irony of him crushing it even more. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msommer said:

Speaking of time outs, don't question anyone's math ability. That seems to be a very touchy subject as two time outs in a month will attest to. 
Best not to discuss math is what I have taken from that.

Let's be honest... you can't really speak the truth here.  If the truth offends, then you have to water it down to a meaningless position or not state it. 

However, others can spread lies with near impunity - and because the harsh truth can't be spoken, those lies are given the weight of truth, and in some cases, more. Because people's sensibilities and fragile nature are more important than the truth.

There's a lot of irony there, considering how many of the offended were first to complain that people get offended too easily.

 

We have destroyed critical (if at times unpleasant) and honest discourse along with the ability to counter dangerous propaganda in the name of not offending those who aren't comfortable with objective truths.

It's really a terrible disservice to this community and the truth in general. The result is only certain loud voices and their approach are heard which has really negatively impacted my impressions of some groups out there (well beyond this board), which is not healthy at all. A lot of my friends and colleagues associate with those same positions - but they actually deal with hearing the truth, even if they don't believe it. Unlike these boards, that allows for constructive discussion and moving on at some point, even if in disagreement, and mutual respect - or at least agreeing that we can respect each other, if not each others' views.

That last point is the primary reason that I've found these boards counterproductive to living a positive life and working with others (of ALL beliefs and political perspectives) to do the same. Constructive and engaging discourse simply doesn't happen here anymore. Heck, Facebook is a thousands times more genuine and constructive.

Ok, back to baseball folks.  Sadly, not much changed around here.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.