Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

9 minutes ago, msommer said:

"I prefer heroes that were not captured, ok?"

You are looking too hard for excuses

Excuses? :confused:    

I am personal friends with a wounded warrior so my views are different from most. And after talking to this young man for countless hours on what it is like in these areas it was very awakening to me.

Edited by Da Guru

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

No doubt he will, but the story confuses me. Why not go directly to Sessions? 

:shrug:Let's not go down the rabbit hole of trying to understand the logic of an unhinged nutjob. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

:shrug:Let's not go down the rabbit hole of trying to understand the logic of an unhinged nutjob. 

Completely unrelated....where is your avatar from?  It's driving me crazy.  Is it the original Ninja Gaiden?

1 minute ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Completely unrelated....where is your avatar from?  It's driving me crazy.  Is it the original Ninja Gaiden?

Haha, yes sir. It was better before they changed avatars to circles. Used to be able to see all of the ninja. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Excuses? :confused:    

I am personal friends with a wounded warrior so my views are different from most. And after talking to this young man for countless hours on what it is like in these areas it was very awakening to me.

The reason we had those special forces in Syria helping the Kurds was so that the Kurds would do the bulk of the fighting, which happened to be in our interests. Next time we won’t have such allies. What made Trump’s decision so awful, especially from your POV, is that he is guaranteeing more American soldiers serving and dying in “forever wars”, not less. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

He does know more than the generals do.

I believe the phrase was "infinite wisdom."

:doh:

1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

I believe the phrase was "infinite wisdom."

:doh:

That does flow better than a "stable genius."

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The reason we had those special forces in Syria helping the Kurds was so that the Kurds would do the bulk of the fighting, which happened to be in our interests. Next time we won’t have such allies. What made Trump’s decision so awful, especially from your POV, is that he is guaranteeing more American soldiers serving and dying in “forever wars”, not less. 

I have not followed this situation but how can more Americans be killed in forever wars if they are not there fighting forever wars?    This conflict has be going over for over 4 decades now?  Is there an end in sight or only more death and destruction?    I wish I knew more on this topic.  If you know please let me know what outcome is everyone hoping for in these types of forever wars because I have no idea.  I know the Israel-Palestine is a forever type of battle too.

41 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I have not followed this situation but how can more Americans be killed in forever wars if they are not there fighting forever wars?    This conflict has be going over for over 4 decades now?  Is there an end in sight or only more death and destruction?    I wish I knew more on this topic.  If you know please let me know what outcome is everyone hoping for in these types of forever wars because I have no idea.  I know the Israel-Palestine is a forever type of battle too.

It would take too long to give you details in this forum. But here’s the point- we cannot avoid international entanglements. So the key is to engage allies, use as little of our own military as we can, and aid others to achieve our mutual goals. That’s what we were doing in Syria. 

Perhaps this all boils down to Trump being too literal.

Specifically where he swears to faithfully execute the office of the presidency.

• Like 1

I have to tell you, I don't feel like infrastructure week is going well at all.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I have to tell you, I don't feel like infrastructure week is going well at all.

needs more Mooch.

• Thanks 1

It just occurred to me that Trump is speaking tonight in that Squad woman’s district. 

Odds that he says something really ugly about her? 

Just now, timschochet said:

It just occurred to me that Trump is speaking tonight in that Squad woman’s district. 

100%

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

100%

Ill take the over...bigly.

Edited by sho nuff

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

And then sticks his nose in the air and nods like he's proud of a particularly smelly fart.

• Laughing 2

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I think it was a big reason he chose Minneapolis.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

I think it was a big reason he chose Minneapolis.

That really could be. After 2016, he probably believes that the way to beating a more capable opponent was to hurl one stupid insult after another at them. Lots of his people love that.

2 hours ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

We're showing our age.  :thumbup:

Haha, true, but in another thread I've got a guy trying to call Chappaquiddick recent history... so I'm feeling somewhere in the middle at this moment. 

11 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Haha, true, but in another thread I've got a guy trying to call Chappaquiddick recent history... so I'm feeling somewhere in the middle at this moment. 

He must be 100.

Squad woman? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zow said:

Squad woman? 

an inelegant way of describing a member of the squad, the four progressive women of colour that Trump wanted to go home where they came from

1 minute ago, msommer said:
21 minutes ago, Zow said:

Squad woman? 

an inelegant way of describing a member of the squad, the four progressive women of colour that Trump wanted to go home where they came from

Specifically Ilhan Omar. Her congressional office is actually only a few hundred feet across the train tracks from where the overflow area/giant TV screen was set up. I doubt any of the Trump fans know that, though, because it is pretty low key and you wouldn't ever notice it unless you saw the small sign on the door that leads upstairs.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Specifically Ilhan Omar. Her congressional office is actually only a few hundred feet across the train tracks from where the overflow area/giant TV screen was set up. I doubt any of the Trump fans know that, though, because it is pretty low key and you wouldn't ever notice it unless you saw the small sign on the door that leads upstairs.

Gotcha.  I'm aware of Omar and the office. Just didn't know what a "Squad woman" was. 

Move along people.  Nothing to see here.

Senior adviser to Pompeo resigns

Michael McKinley, a career diplomat and senior adviser to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, has resigned his position amid rising dissatisfaction and plummeting morale inside the State Department over what is seen as Pompeo’s failure to support personnel ensnared in the Ukraine controversy.

A senior officer who has held a range of diplomatic posts, including ambassador to Afghanistan, Colombia and Peru, McKinley was serving as ambassador to Brazil last year when Pompeo recruited him as a policy adviser and a conduit between his office and the career service.

Pompeo was expected to issue a statement Friday announcing his departure.

McKinley declined to comment Thursday evening.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

Its been discussed.

Thanks.  It's near-impossible to keep up with this rampant malfeasance.

• Like 3

One thing that was a little disappointing, but understandable...

Conway: People around Trump should do the right thing — resign and speak out against him. Don’t defend him; do the right thing!

Bharara: At the risk of getting into something that may be a bit delicate—

Conway: —Not going there.

Bharara: Okay.

(Commercial break.)

• Laughing 5

6 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

One thing that was a little disappointing, but understandable...

Conway: People around Trump should do the right thing — resign and speak out against him. Don’t defend him; do the right thing!

Bharara: Okay.

(Commercial break.)

Understandable but chicken poop. 

George’s Wife is complicit and a big part of the problem.  

Bharara:  Fine. See yourself out, blowhard.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, McJose said:

Bharara:  Fine. See yourself out, blowhard.  

It’s good that that didn’t happen, because it was a very good diwcussion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

It’s good that that didn’t happen, because it was a very good diwcussion.

the conways are playing some sort of game. may just be a hedge bet of some sort that allows them to remain "relevant" after trump flames out or, alternatively, becomes god emperor for eternity. 

27 minutes ago, snitwitch said:

the conways are playing some sort of game. may just be a hedge bet of some sort that allows them to remain "relevant" after trump flames out or, alternatively, becomes god emperor for eternity. 

I think they have a genuine disagreement that puts a lot of pressure on their marriage. He can’t force her to quit, and she can’t force him to shut up, so their compromise is that she gets to keep the job she wants while he gets to publicly criticize her boss, and they don’t talk about it to each other or to anyone else.

But I’m just guessing since they won’t talk about it.

Wonderful to see Trump bring up Somali refugees at his rally to the boos of the crowd. Real classy and not the least bit racist looking. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The most recent Preet Bharara podcast with George T. Conway is worthwhile. Good discussion.

That’s a great podcast

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Wonderful to see Trump bring up Somali refugees at his rally to the boos of the crowd. Real classy and not the least bit racist looking. 

Trump supporters are the worst. I strive to never be part of a mob. Can’t imagine debasing myself by being part of a racist, liar’s cult. So gross.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if Donald knows yet that he wasn't awarded the Nobel Peace Prize again this year? (the Prime Minister of Ethiopia was just announced).

Rigged! Unfair!

Well, the good news is a "partial" trade deal with China. The US agrees to cut tariffs and China agrees to buy more agricultural products (which they stopped doing in response to the increased tariffs).  Trump should be on Twitter shortly bragging about his victory in restoring things to where they were before he changed them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, even Trump can't even keep the  "Acting" Directors?

Next up will be the Acting Acting Director of Homeland Security?

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

So, even Trump can't even keep the  "Acting" Directors?

Next up will be the Acting Acting Director of Homeland Security?

Probably knows that he and his entire department won't be getting paid come Nov 21st.  Doesn't want to play that game again.