What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in a city named after tire company and working in another city named after one of their executives, should I expect an exodus of the MAGA crowd?

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
Biff84 said:
Living in a city named after tire company and working in another city named after one of their executives, should I expect an exodus of the MAGA crowd?
I do like wigwam. 

Not sure where to put this, so this thread will work...

As I understand it, various TikTok anti-Trump groups (mostly Gen-Z) have been alluding to something that is supposed to happen Aug 27 that will be an embarrassment for Trump along the lines of his Tulsa rally.  It's unclear to me what's supposed to happen (in part because I get my info second-hand from a teenager).  Curious if anyone knows more?

Not sure where to put this, so this thread will work...

As I understand it, various TikTok anti-Trump groups (mostly Gen-Z) have been alluding to something that is supposed to happen Aug 27 that will be an embarrassment for Trump along the lines of his Tulsa rally.  It's unclear to me what's supposed to happen (in part because I get my info second-hand from a teenager).  Curious if anyone knows more?
Sounds too Q like...only with teens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds too Q like...only with teens.
Those were my thoughts originally, but then they pulled off exactly what they claimed they would for the Tulsa rally.  I was told by said teenager in advance that the TikTok/K-Pop world had convinced the Trump campaign that they were legit requesting hundreds of thousands of tickets and fully intended to show up.  I didn't buy it.  It happened.

This time?  :shrug:

It's funny and all, but I think they're missing an opportunity to potentially convert Trump voters. The site would be more effective if it was written from the perspective of a disillusioned Trump supporter and if it focused on conservative talking points.

Some of these "broken promises" are exactly what MAGA(A) people want.
Also, it would gain more credibility if it showed 1 or 2 promises not broken instead of all of them Broken (even if true). 

Personally, I would simply go with "Remember the guy that promised you a wall that Mexico was going to pay for?  How'd that work out for ya?" 

Those were my thoughts originally, but then they pulled off exactly what they claimed they would for the Tulsa rally.  I was told by said teenager in advance that the TikTok/K-Pop world had convinced the Trump campaign that they were legit requesting hundreds of thousands of tickets and fully intended to show up.  I didn't buy it.  It happened.

This time?  :shrug:
Any news on teenQ?

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"
That's not a real quote is it?  

Exactly.....nothing.......just like these past four years. Well, lie repeatedly. He accomplishes that multiple times a day.

With this level of specificity, I now understand why the GOP felt that they didn’t need to adopt a platform. 

NM, kind of jerkish. 

Back in June, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office."

I don't know where to put this observation, but this seems as good a place as any.  I am absolutely AMAZED at this very popular and prevalent competing set of thoughts some people hold in this country around "rule of law".  In a single individual seems to have been able to convince themselves that "you can't tell me to wear a mask because FREEDOM!!!!! but the federal government SHOULD step in because PROTESTS!!!!"  Conversely, there are people that have convinced themselves that "we should tell people that they have to wear their masks!!!! but you can't tell them how to protest" is acceptable.  WTF is going on in this country?

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Back in June, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office."
I agree with all of this, but also the bolded part poses a challenge for moderation of this forum.  I agree with the no-name-calling rule, but it's hard to talk about Trump without getting into the issue of his mental fitness for office.

On a lighter note, my FB app - which I visit for a few seconds each morning to look at Memories, since I curated the first 8 years of my daughters life there - reminded me today of what I thought on August 31, 2015 while I was vacationing in Michigan with my kids.

I'm happy he's is in the race solely for the comedic value. Regardless of where he's at now, he's thankfully unelectable. Between misogyny, xenophobia, and racism he's got a big tent at the moment.

;)

But anyway, love the peninsulas - my favorite place on earth.
:lmao:

Trump staffers have posted 2 fake videos of Biden in the past couple of days — one that makes it look like Biden fell asleep in an interview, and another which manipulated a quote to make it appear like Biden believes that America won't be safe if he (Biden) is elected.

Both were slapped with "manipulated media" tags by Twitter, but not before they were seen by millions of people.

Coming on the heels of Steve Scalise fabricating a video of a disabled person, the party of Fake News is on quite a roll lately.

Trump staffers have posted 2 fake videos of Biden in the past couple of days — one that makes it look like Biden fell asleep in an interview, and another which manipulated a quote to make it appear like Biden believes that America won't be safe if he (Biden) is elected.

Both were slapped with "manipulated media" tags by Twitter, but not before they were seen by millions of people.

Coming on the heels of Steve Scalise fabricating a video of a disabled person, the party of Fake News is on quite a roll lately.
This should be illegal.

What the hell is going on here?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take 'one for the team' after Kim Jong Un winked at her

President Donald Trump told Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary, to go to North Korea and take "one for the team" after Kim Jong Un appeared to wink at her, she said in a new memoir, according to The Guardian.

Sanders said that during a summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore in 2018, "Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me."

"Well, Sarah, that settles it. You're going to North Korea and taking one for the team!" Trump told her, Sanders said. "Your husband and kids will miss you, but you'll be a hero to your country!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-one-for-team-kim-jong-un-2020-9

The former press secretary said that later, in the presidential limousine, she told Trump and John Kelly, who was then his chief of staff, about the incident.

"Kim Jong Un hit on you!" Trump said, according to Sanders. "He did! He f---ing hit on you!"

Sanders replied, "Sir, please stop."

"Well, Sarah, that settles it. You're going to North Korea and taking one for the team!" Trump told her, Sanders said. "Your husband and kids will miss you, but you'll be a hero to your country!"

Trump and Kelly then "howled with laughter," Sanders said.

What's next?

Kayleigh McEnany, "Sir, Putin just looked me up and down."

DJT, "You better bundle up because guess where you're going?"

What the hell is going on here?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take 'one for the team' after Kim Jong Un winked at her

President Donald Trump told Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary, to go to North Korea and take "one for the team" after Kim Jong Un appeared to wink at her, she said in a new memoir, according to The Guardian.

Sanders said that during a summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore in 2018, "Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-one-for-team-kim-jong-un-2020-9
I don't know how it isn't extremely alarming to every American that Trump has "a warm relationship" with a leader that systematically starves, kills and tortures men, women, and children.  Yes, children.

I don't know how it isn't extremely alarming to every American that Trump has "a warm relationship" with a leader that systematically starves, kills and tortures men, women, and children.  Yes, children.
"I think we're falling in love"

If I were Biden I'd be all over that stuff. What kind of way is that to talk about any leader, much less an enemy?

What is this, the high school lunchroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread