Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Just now, Opie said:

you (and others) still insisted that his actions were overdue.

Actions grounded in decency, peace and adhering to his oath to uphold the Constitution.

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Actions grounded in decency, peace and adhering to his oath to uphold the Constitution.

I am pretty sure that calling in troops to quell anarchy is well within the US Constitution.

I’m still not clear why part of Trump taking action required a route to a church be cleared of peaceful protestors so he could appease his own vanity.

I’ve now read accounts by two clergy people and it’s beyond disgusting what took place so the President could have a photo op.

Even if I grant that NG support to stop looting is necessary in other cities and protests across the country, why did we witness that spectacle last night?

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What he showed was weakness.

MIGHT is RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Trey said:

I’m still not clear why part of Trump taking action required a route to a church be cleared of peaceful protestors so he could appease his own vanity.

I’ve now read accounts by two clergy people and it’s beyond disgusting what took place so the President could have a photo op.

Even if I grant that NG support to stop looting is necessary in other cities and protests across the country, why did we witness that spectacle last night?

OH....I'm getting it now....look who just caught up!

You guys aren't pissed that President Trump threatened to call in troops to restore peace.
You guys are pissed that protesters in Lafayette park were disbursed with tear gas so that President Trump could get a photo op.

Perspective fellas....perspective.

The government, while allowing protests, are fully within the law to limit the locations of these protests.
It is unbelievable that a protest of that size was ever allowed to get that close to the White House (thank you Democrat mayor of DC).

After being told to vacate the park, three times, the authorities used tear gas to disperse them.
No bullets....no dogs....no water hoses.

President Trump walked out of the front door of the White House in order to cross Lafayette Park for....yes....a photo op.
A symbol that he wanted the American People to see.

What came of it?

Ridicule of how President Trump held the Bible and cries of denied right to assemble.
Seriously...is this what pisses you off the most....or is it simply next on the list?

Again....PERSPECTIVE.

Edited by Opie

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Opie said:

As if you were ever going to vote Republican. :lmao:

Everyone here cried, "Do something, do something....lead".
I told you way early, that his options are limited and I guaranteed you, whatever he did, you wouldn't like it.
As scheduled, he acted and the Left imploded.

Makes makes a great speech and the puts into action, the only other people besides the police, who would die for you, and you freak out.

IF the elected Democrats in these cities would have done their jobs....President Trump wouldn't have had to do a thing.

It is laughable how the Left poised themselves to complain no matter what President Trump did.....He lead....they cried....just as predicted.

You are not fooling anyone except yourselves....but hey....one last gasp before the election...right?

Agreed. His only options are:

1) Do nothing; or

2) Tear gas peaceful protestors for a contrived photo op.

Really nothing else possible.

Edited by whoknew
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Agreed. His only options are:

1) Do nothing;

2) Tear gas peaceful protestors for a contrived photo op.

Really nothing else possible.

1)  The Democrat leaders of these cities had already TOTALLY explored the "do nothing" option

2)  See post above yours.

Edited by Opie

1 hour ago, Opie said:

It matters in, that you may be listening to "leaders" who know absolutely nothing about leadership.

You are correct...I don't care....and you don't know.

You're supporting a person who got his start in business thanks to a loan from Daddy Dearest, failed at multiple businesses, has multiple bankruptcies and divorces(shows he can't lead a home, either), and has made every wrong decision as president that I think is physically possible.

Oh, and for the record: I was a staunch supporter of W and didn't like anything Obama did for a long time, and if I wanted to embarrass myself, I'd go back and look at what I posted here around that time. People grow and change.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Trey said:

Ive read the stories as well...and the story about doing it has been posted.  Not one Trump supporter it seems will even address it.  They asked for links of it happening...then it gets ignored.  Can't even call out the obvious BS is an issue and that goes for on here and all over the place from what I am seeing.

Criticism of him is somehow met with claims that Obama was the great divider and he didn't fix anything...just all the usual deflection like we see here.  Blame all democrats and claim the left is responsible for the violence appears to be what is happening over and over.

50 minutes ago, Opie said:

I am pretty sure that calling in troops to quell anarchy is well within the US Constitution.

A protest in front of the White House is not anarchy. Soviets, Maoists and other authoritarians call protestors ‘Hooligans’. I sincerely hope the time for Trump honoring himself is near its end.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

A protest in front of the White House is not anarchy. Soviets, Maoists and other authoritarians call protestors ‘Hooligans’. I sincerely hope the time for Trump honoring himself is near its end.

...and they weren't handled as anarchists should be handled.

They were asked three times to clear the park.
When it didn't happen, tear gas was used.

Again....no bullets....no dogs....no water cannons....no arrests (of which I am aware)

Simple, non-lethal, and effective.

Edited by Opie

38 minutes ago, Opie said:

OH....I'm getting it now....look who just caught up!

You guys aren't pissed that President Trump threatened to call in troops to restore peace.
You guys are pissed that protesters in Lafayette park were disbursed with tear gas so that President Trump could get a photo op.

Perspective fellas....perspective.

The government, while allowing protests, are fully within the law to limit the locations of these protests.
It is unbelievable that a protest of that size was ever allowed to get that close to the White House (thank you Democrat mayor of DC).

After being told to vacate the park, three times, the authorities used tear gas to disperse them.
No bullets....no dogs....no water hoses.

President Trump walked out of the front door of the White House in order to cross Lafayette Park for....yes....a photo op.
A symbol that he wanted the American People to see.

What came of it?

Ridicule of how President Trump held the Bible and cries of denied right to assemble.
Seriously...is this what pisses you off the most....or is it simply next on the list?

Again....PERSPECTIVE.

They tear gassed and used flash bangs at innocent people not committing any crime...including stepping foot on church property and expelling members and workers at the church who were attending to people who had been gassed and giving out water.  All for a photo op...a bogus symbol he wanted America to see...him awkwardly holding a Bible in his hand to pander to a group of his base.  And it likely backfired with many many people.  It will become a campaign ad against him and those who support him.

To even try and defend what happened for that is utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

no bullets...no dogs...no water hoses....good grief

• Like 1

Just now, sho nuff said:

They tear gassed and used flash bangs at innocent people not committing any crime...including stepping foot on church property and expelling members and workers at the church who were attending to people who had been gassed and giving out water.  All for a photo op...a bogus symbol he wanted America to see...him awkwardly holding a Bible in his hand to pander to a group of his base.  And it likely backfired with many many people.  It will become a campaign ad against him and those who support him.

Good lord.....perspective

3 minutes ago, Opie said:

They were asked three times to clear the park.
When it didn't happen, tear gas was used.

Again....no bullets....no dogs....no water cannons....no arrests (of which I am aware)

Simple, non-lethal, and effective.

Edited just now by Opie

It is within the law to limit the locations where protests take place.

After failing three requests to vacate the park, non-lethal steps were taken to clear the park.
ALL with the law.

4 minutes ago, Opie said:

Ok you just owned my point. 

Just now, joffer said:

Had any of those methods been used to clear the park....you'd have a complaint

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Opie said:

I believe there is a legitimate complaint with why they were cleared...and how they were cleared...and how those on the patio and on church property were cleared.  And my perspective is just fine.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

did he call in an air strike???? no!!!  but he could have!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, joffer said:

did he call in an air strike???? no!!!  but he could have!

If he had called in an air strike, THEN you'd have a complaint. But he didn't. So there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

Which is weird, given the GOP's view on trans.

It’s being confused into greatness. 

If Obama cleared The Gravy Seals or Meal Team Six from a peaceful protest......there wouldn't be enough bit rates in the world to transmit the anger and hatred from The Right.  

• Like 2

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

If Obama cleared The Gravy Seals or Meal Team Six from a peaceful protest......there wouldn't be enough bit rates in the world to transmit the anger and hatred from The Right.  

Or what if, say, a gun-toting crowd of anti Stay at Homers occupied the state legislature while it was in session, and the Democratic Governor "dispersed" them with tear gas?  Seems like the justification for using such tactics would be MUCH stronger in that scenario and yet....  To ask a few rhetorical questions, is it possible the differing reactions between the church and legislature scenarios indicates that there's a double standard in the way grievances are perceived and reacted to by those in leadership positions depending upon who is protesting?  And isn't the blatant hypocrisy of that double standard precisely what is being protested by the BLM movement?  

Edited by Mookie
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1267851019490189312 (video clip at link):

Pelosi questions Trump's stunt in front of St. John's Church and the clearing of protesters to make it happen:

"What is that? That has no place. And it's time for us to do away with that."

Then Pelosi, holding a Bible, quotes: "A time to heal, the book of Ecclesiastes."

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It’s how it is. The day after it was reported that the President was shuttled to a bunker - and everyone could see the White House lights were out, which is unprecedented - he gassed peaceful protestors, threatened military intervention, and cleared a space so he could violate public and private property, wrap himself in religion (which he himself ignores) and tradition (which he also regularly tramples) for the sake of a photo op to get just the reaction he’s getting from you, his base. You’re living proof of it.

Until they suffer directly from Trump's incessant failures and failings, they'll never acknowledge this - maybe not even then. There's a large element of society that refuses to contemplate the likelihood that they're being defrauded until the fraud costs them dearly, and Trump takes full advantage of that element continuously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Until they suffer directly from Trump's incessant failures and failings, they'll never acknowledge this - maybe not even then. There's a large element of society that refuses to contemplate the likelihood that they're being defrauded until the fraud costs them dearly, and Trump takes full advantage of that element continuously.

Just like his business investors, this realization usually happens a few years later when it's too late to do anything about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brony said:

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

"I take no responsibility"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

• Laughing 7

3 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

Like when you ask a little kid how old they are. I guess, with Trump's mental prowess these days, it's akin to the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

But yeah...Trump will kill Biden in debates because biden will have gaffes.

Maybe the WH is like when you are buying a house...it has 2 and a half bunkers.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

But yeah...Trump will kill Biden in debates because biden will have gaffes.

Maybe the WH is like when you are buying a house...it has 2 and a half bunkers.

The key is that Trumps supporters will never budge a mm and everyone else knows he is a trainwreck

Biden isn't supposed to be a trainwreck

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

Well silly, you can't be alpha if you hide out 3 times, you know like 3 strikes and you are out.  So he just calls it a half time so he doesn't loose the MAGA crowd support!

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, Opie said:
On 6/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, joffer said:

So it just happens that Trump used the correct amount of force. Anything above what he did would have been wrong. Amazing

Hey guys, he’s telling the truth this time. Honestly. Just ignore the other 19,999 lies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Well silly, you can't be alpha if you hide out 3 times, you know like 3 strikes and you are out.  So he just calls it a half time so he doesn't loose the MAGA crowd support!

In The Baseball Forum they would call that a "check swing".

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Rockchild said:

He just went halfway down the steps and ran out of gas.

2 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

So weird. 

If there's a riot outside the White House, I don't really have an issue with a president being moved to the bunker. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

He just went halfway down the steps and ran out of gas.

Or maybe he was on one of these and the power went out.

So President Trump may have committed voter fraud.

Background

Basically it boils down to this: When Trump purchased Mar-a-lago, he wanted to make money off of it, only he couldn’t because it was a private residence. So he signed an agreement with Palm Beach to change it to a private club, but the agreement specifically states that it can not be used as a place of residence. Trump absolutely knows this (and has been violating that agreement since it only allows 3 non-consecutive visits of up to 7 days each per year). 

Florida law requires that you have an established private residence in order to vote and you must officially stipulate on the registration form that your address qualifies as a place of residence. Trump signed that voter registration form claiming Mar-a-lago as his private residence.

Now, I said above that he “may” have committed voter fraud, but with these facts, it seems 100% certain to me that he did in fact commit voter fraud. Practically a textbook case.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Zow said:

So weird. 

If there's a riot outside the White House, I don't really have an issue with a president being moved to the bunker. 

Exactly. There literally nothing wrong with it.  But his ego is so fragile that when a few inevitable criticisms come in (because when you’re a president you’ll always have critics), he has to lie.

27 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

So President Trump may have committed voter fraud.

Background

Basically it boils down to this: When Trump purchased Mar-a-lago, he wanted to make money off of it, only he couldn’t because it was a private residence. So he signed an agreement with Palm Beach to change it to a private club, but the agreement specifically states that it can not be used as a place of residence. Trump absolutely knows this (and has been violating that agreement since it only allows 3 non-consecutive visits of up to 7 days each per year). 

Florida law requires that you have an established private residence in order to vote and you must officially stipulate on the registration form that your address qualifies as a place of residence. Trump signed that voter registration form claiming Mar-a-lago as his private residence.

Now, I said above that he “may” have committed voter fraud, but with these facts, it seems 100% certain to me that he did in fact commit voter fraud. Practically a textbook case.

Well no wonder he seems so well versed on voter fraud. 

It takes one to know one.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

• Like 12

Countdown to him being the target of the far right in 3....2....