Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

And yet there are those who can't wait to vote him back in. Says way more about them than him.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity."
--Robert Hendrickson, Rector, Saint Philip’s in the Hills Episcopal Church

• Like 6
  • Love 4

52 minutes ago, whoknew said:

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

General Mattis was a Colonel when I got out, and I never had the honor to serve under his Command.  His reputation as a leader far proceeded him though.  We all knew who he was.  One of the Marine Corps elite finest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, beef said:

General Mattis was a Colonel when I got out, and I never had the honor to serve under his Command.  His reputation as a leader far proceeded him though.  We all knew who he was.  One of the Marine Corps elite finest.

Soon to be ripped by the Trump conservatives.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I'm sure it won't even phase him one bit.  It didn't when Dems attacked him after being nominated for Sec. of Defense.

3 minutes ago, beef said:

I'm sure it won't even phase him one bit.  It didn't when Dems attacked him after being nominated for Sec. of Defense.

Not sure how many attacked him. He was widely praised as a good pick here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

CNN showed clips of Trump praising Mattis at a rally soon after he appointed him. Crowd loved him, all cheering and I thought, "yup, you all loved Bob Mueller when Republicans appointed him too".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Not sure how many attacked him. He was widely praised as a good pick here.

Yes, he was confirmed 98-1. And the sole no vote was because of the 7 year waiver and not because of his qualifications

33 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Nope

Huh. I guess you and Trump are different. Because he didn't hold back. #twitter

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...

....His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Just now, whoknew said:

You guessed right.

Posted (edited)

LOL. The world's most overrated general.

Branch/service

United States Marine Corps

Years of service

1969–2013

Rank

General

Commands

United States Central Command

United States Joint Forces Command

Supreme Allied Commander Transformation

I Marine Expeditionary Force

United States Marine Forces Central Command

Marine Corps Combat Development Command

1st Marine Division

1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade

7th Marine Regiment

1st Battalion, 7th Marines

Battles/wars

Gulf War

War in Afghanistan

Iraq War

• Invasion of Iraq

• First Battle of Fallujah

• Second Battle of Fallujah

Awards

Defense Distinguished Service Medal (2)

Navy Distinguished Service Medal

Defense Superior Service Medal

Legion of Merit

Bronze Star Medal(with Valor)

Meritorious Service Medal (3)

Edited by bigbottom

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

He took credit for calling him Mad Dog?  WTF :lmao:

Edited by sho nuff

6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...

Donald would have been a much better General if it wasn't for those darn bone spurs.

Just realized Mattis was a Brigadier General when I got out.  I'm a fool and will own that :lol: . Really just goes to show how much his reputation proceeded him since we all knew him as "Colonel Chaos."

2 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

CNN showed clips of Trump praising Mattis at a rally soon after he appointed him. Crowd loved him, all cheering and I thought, "yup, you all loved Bob Mueller when Republicans appointed him too".

Did they also show the clips of him praising Steve King?  

Shocking

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1268353610385154050?s=20

Josh Lederman

@JoshNBCNews

BREAKING: 2 US lawmakers tell @NBCNews that fired Inspector General Steve Linick told Congress today that before he was ousted, he’d informed at least three top Pompeo aides that he was reviewing Pompeo and his wife’s use of government resources

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, &

changed it to “Mad Dog”...

This is such a sad lie.

2013: "Mad Dog" Mattis on the importance of reading

9 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 

We're at the point where true patriots are rallying behind a draft dodger and denigrating a 4-star General. Unbelievable to me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

We're at the point where true patriots are rallying behind a draft dodger and denigrating a 4-star General. Unbelievable to me.

And his approval went UP today! (Rasmussen)

Edited by mrip541

1 minute ago, mrip541 said:
5 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

And his approval went UP today!

Just amazing. Every military and religious person* has come out against his actions.

*one exception being Franklin Graham (that I'm aware of).

6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Again - I 100% get why folks want to defend the GOP/Conservatism/Religion, etc.  There's aspects of that that I still defend.  But I'll never get why THIS GUY.  It's beyond cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I know no one will believe me but I consider myself fairly objective - I've voted R for President in basically every election but the last one - the guy seems to be running the party and the GOP in to the ground for years to come.  At some point you'd have to think that his supporters have to question whether all of this is worth it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

If you (and I mean the general "you") take a step back history is riddled with examples of this.  Its a very old story and behavior.  Now throw in the rapid, immediate response and opinion propping of social media and you get this. Its no mystery.  Its a cult of personality in the social media age.  Nothing else matters, but protecting The Leader.

Edited by Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I'm surprised he's not trying to build a moat.

put some sharks with freaking lasers on their heads in there

Just now, killface said:

Mutated sea bass ok?

7 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Alpha

It's just easier to make the entire white house the bunker instead of having to go down to the bunker. The tax payers will appreciate it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:
12 minutes ago, killface said:

Mutated sea bass ok?

Are they ill tempered?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Are they ill tempered?

Speaking  of Austin Powers...Trump seems to resemble the image Dr Evil paints of his father.

“My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.“

Ok so he doesn't drink...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Speaking  of Austin Powers...Trump seems to resemble the image Dr Evil paints of his father.

“My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.“

:lmao: 

"There is this thing called a question mark. Nobody had ever heard of it before. The fake news media will not tell you about it."

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Mutated sea bass ok?

Janikowski that desperate for a job?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Speaking of Austin Powers. Cannot unsee

• Laughing 2

31 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

:lmao: 

"There is this thing called a question mark. Nobody had ever heard of it before. The fake news media will not tell you about it."

Especially poignant as he claimed yesterday to have been the one to give Mattis the Mad Dog nickname.

16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Especially poignant as he claimed yesterday to have been the one to give Mattis the Mad Dog nickname.

Breaking via WaPo:

Trump's ex-chief of staff John Kelly defends Jim Mattis.

"The president did not fire him. He did not ask for his resignation," Kelly said. "The president has clearly forgotten how it actually happened or is confused."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/04/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/

• Like 3

Just now, squistion said:

Breaking via WaPo:

Trump's ex-chief of staff John Kelly defends Jim Mattis.

"The president did not fire him. He did not ask for his resignation," Kelly said. "The president has clearly forgotten how it actually happened or is confused."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/04/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/

are you telling me Trump lied again to try and not make himself look like a fool again?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, killface said:

are you telling me Trump lied again to try and not make himself look like a fool again?

All to bash a well respected general because he dared be critical of Trump.

57 minutes ago, killface said:

I'm losing track, but I think John Kelly was added as a Never Trumper.  Ignore all the previous praise from the right about him being proof that Trump can hire competent people.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, whoknew said:

....His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Wait, is this real??

• Laughing 2

16 minutes ago, Zow said:

Wait, is this real??

I ask myself that every day...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, Zow said:

Wait, is this real??

Yes, the simulation is real.