Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

I'm being genuine here. That isn't @whoknew 's best guess in satire as to what the president may say?

6 minutes ago, Zow said:

I'm being genuine here. That isn't @whoknew 's best guess in satire as to what the president may say?

No. He actually tweeted that last night.

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.”

— Robert Hendrickson, Rector at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Tucson, Arizona.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

No. He actually tweeted that last night.

I shouldn’t be surprised. But I genuinely am. I seriously thought you just made it up as your guess to what he might say.

Amazing. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Zow said:

I shouldn’t be surprised. But I genuinely am. I seriously thought you just made it up as your guess to what he might say.

Amazing. 

He followed it up an hour ago (also real) - 

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!

Edited by whoknew

4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

He followed it up an hour ago (also real) - 

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!

Well, maybe this will cost him a significant chunk of the military vote. 

I remember thinking his staffing of mattis was one of his best decisions bc it’s hard to not at least respect the guy. Now that Trump is attacking him maybe it’ll have real impact. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

I remember thinking his staffing of mattis was one of his best decisions bc it’s hard to not at least respect the guy. Now that Trump is attacking him maybe it’ll have real impact. 

Mattis was praised nearly universally here as a great choice.

And now many of the Trump republicans have turned on him.

39 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Mattis was praised nearly universally here as a great choice.

And now many of the Trump republicans have turned on him.

Many. But not all. 

Hopefully that difference makes a difference. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 

And supported that same guy who said he never was a fan of a Vietnam veteran who was tortured in Vietnam for years and when offered an opportunity to be sent home said he wouldn’t unless all other US prisoners could go home with him. I quit trying to figure his supporters out several years ago.

This address has been and will be extra Chavez/Fidel-level rambling and long

29 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

This address has been and will be extra Chavez/Fidel-level rambling and long

A good recap of Trump's response in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder, plus the quote of the day from the presser:

https://twitter.com/AhmedBaba_/status/1268922256077533185

After calling George Floyd protestors "THUGS," unleashing brutality on peaceful protestors in DC, and sharing John Dowd's letters calling those same peaceful protestors "terrorists," Trump claims George Floyd would be happy with the #JobsReport that shows black unemployment rose.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, squistion said:

A good recap of Trump's response in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder, plus the quote of the day from the presser:

After calling George Floyd protestors "THUGS," unleashing brutality on peaceful protestors in DC, and sharing John Dowd's letters calling those same peaceful protestors "terrorists," Trump claims George Floyd would be happy with the #JobsReport that shows black unemployment rose.

It's like he is intentionally drumming up hate.  He makes me want to set something on fire.  George Floyd would be happy he's dead because the president called everyone a terrorist and didn't do anything about what happened.  That's a mental folks...

Edited by killface
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

That's burying the actual George Floyd quote:

"Hopefully, George is looking down right now in saying this is a great thing happening for our country. A great day for him, a great day for everybody."

Apparently its a great day for a dead person.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

"Hopefully, George is looking down right now in saying this is a great thing happening for our country. A great day for him, a great day for everybody."

It's disgusting. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Zow said:

I was talking about this with my son yesterday.  I do expect this to cost Trump votes from the military.

Trump has also recently insulted basically all the governors, so I expect some of them will provide lukewarm support, at best, approaching the election.  I also expect that a number of Republicans will come to the conclusion that four years of Trump got them a conservative Supreme Court, so they have little need to support him again (and might just stay home in November).  Bottom line, I expect Trump is going to get a major thumping in November.  The rest of the summer is lost due to ongoing Covid, protests, and at some point the Minneapolis trials.  Next to nothing will be achieved in the early fall (since little is being achieved now anyway).  I just don't see how anything could swing things back in Trump's favor ...having not achieved a majority of the vote four years ago.

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

Jesus tap dancing Christ.

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

It's disgusting. 

zero capacity for empathy, compassion...no words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest CNN poll shows 51% of registered voters nationwide back former Vice President Joe Biden, while 42% support President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential race.

That this isn't at least 60/40 says...Democrats need better candidates. 

Okay, it says a lot more than that. But it says that too.

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Latest CNN poll shows 51% of registered voters nationwide back former Vice President Joe Biden, while 42% support President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential race.

That this isn't at least 60/40 says...Democrats need better candidates. 

Hide contents

Okay, it says a lot more than that. But it says that too.

I don't disagree with that sentiment but i'm not sure it's ever going to e 60/40 again...

• Like 2

Just now, killface said:

I don't disagree with that sentiment but i'm not sure it's ever going to e 60/40 again...

That's the other thing it says - our body politic is really encamped. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

That 42% of any group support Trump versus a toaster oven says more about that group than it does about Trump (or about the toaster oven).

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rich Conway said:

That 42% of any group support Trump versus a toaster oven says more about that group than it does about Trump.

Looks like I'm voting <null> again for President. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

eeeeeeeeessshhh

3 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

What the what.

:mellow:

3 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

Why not use the entire quote?

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Megla said:

Why not use the entire quote?

It doesn't matter the whole spectacle is disgusting

5 minutes ago, killface said:

It doesn't matter the whole spectacle is disgusting

Of course it matters

Just now, Megla said:

Of course it matters

well then feel free to post it if it matters to you.  There is no context here...the man is disgusting

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, killface said:

well then feel free to post it if it matters to you.  There is no context here...the man is disgusting

OK

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:
1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

That 42% of any group support Trump versus a toaster oven says more about that group than it does about Trump.

Looks like I'm voting <null> again for President. 

At least write-in the toaster oven.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

31 minutes ago, Megla said:

Of course it matters

I must be missing something. How does the rest of the quote help?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

It doesn't. Just a distraction, like usual.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, urbanhack said:

It doesn't. Just a distraction, like usual.

The distraction is embarrassing at this point

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Well, here it is, for the record.

Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, “This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.” It’s a great day for him, it’s a great day for everyone. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our Constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.

I guess his point is that the May job numbers means that cops will start treating people fairly now, and that George Floyd didn't die in vain because now our economy is better.

23 minutes ago, phandango said:

Well, here it is, for the record.

I guess his point is that the May job numbers means that cops will start treating people fairly now, and that George Floyd didn't die in vain because now our economy is better.

Nothing in that full quote made any sense...much less made it better.

• Like 3

ABC News Politics @ABCPolitics 3h

Joe Biden on Pres. Trump's reference to George Floyd today:

"George Floyd's last words, 'I can't breathe, I can't breathe,' have echoed all across this nation...For the president to try to put any other words in the mouth of George Floyd I frankly think is despicable."

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1268953054969298946 (video clip at link) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, squistion said:

ABC News Politics @ABCPolitics 3h

Joe Biden on Pres. Trump's reference to George Floyd today:

"George Floyd's last words, 'I can't breathe, I can't breathe,' have echoed all across this nation...For the president to try to put any other words in the mouth of George Floyd I frankly think is despicable."

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1268953054969298946 (video clip at link) 

a comment from the link:

a Bible for a prop on Monday, a murdered man for a prop on Friday

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

riffing

Friday drinking game: take a swig every time he changes subjects

1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

riffing

I am not sure I buy the unemployment numbers. The only way they make sense is if the number of people looking for jobs has dramatically dropped. However even if they are 13%, the peak unemployment from the great recession was 10%.

• Like 1

riffing

How were there no facepalms behind him?

Am I the only one that thought the "full quote" was worse than what was posted initially?  :mellow: 

• Like 2

riffing

I started plaing that gaim hafl an hur aggo

• Laughing 5

If nothing else, the “hold a book you’ve never read in front of a building you won’t go into” challenge has had some inspired work on social media. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I am not sure I buy the unemployment numbers. The only way they make sense is if the number of people looking for jobs has dramatically dropped. However even if they are 13%, the peak unemployment from the great recession was 10%.

They aren't accurate.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-unemployed-undercount-idUSKBN22K26Q

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/06/05/no-the-unemployment-rate-didnt-really-drop-in-may/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how badly Trump has hurt his branding name over the last 3-1/2 years.  There's no doubt that outside the US, the Trump name is no longer associated with higher standards and prestige.  I could see some hotels definitely changing their name to remove the Trump brand.

It will be neat to see what happens inside the US.  Outside of dense Republican areas, I can see the brand dying out.

30 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I wonder how badly Trump has hurt his branding name over the last 3-1/2 years.  There's no doubt that outside the US, the Trump name is no longer associated with higher standards and prestige.  I could see some hotels definitely changing their name to remove the Trump brand.

It will be neat to see what happens inside the US.  Outside of dense Republican areas, I can see the brand dying out.

It's exposed exactly what hes always been angry about

Hes a rich brat that inherited his money.  Nothing about him is classy or intelligent 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

The Trump name will lose almost all its value once he's no longer president. No business will want to be associated with such a divisive name and alienate at least half of potential customers.

Well, maybe not every business. Trump Tower Tuscaloosa would probably be successful.